Josh Harrellson – Ryan Harrow, Darius Miller And Carlton Banks

josh-harrellson-vanderbilt2

While we have all been focusing on freeing Joe B Hall from the handcuffs of the NCAA, John Calipari has been holding Pro Camps at the Joe Craft Center.  A few days ago you heard from Tayshaun Prince and Brandon Knight as they talked about their future with the Detroit Pistons and how Knight is adjusting to life without the structure of college.  Today we saw Josh Harrellson at the pro camp, and he gave some interesting details about his summer during his session with the media.

On playing pick up games:

(Anthony) reminds me a lot of Perry but a little more athletic.  Real long, real lanky, but he goes to block a lot of shots.  I think he’ll bring a lot to the table.  I liked Teague and Gilchrist… Terrence and Darius have been working so hard this off season.  I mean, their game is just unreal how much they’ve improved.

But the guy that impressed me the most is Ryan Harrow.  I think he’ll surprise a lot of people when he can play. I thought John Wall could jump, just wait until you see this kid. Never seen anything like it.

When asked about how Darius and Terrence have improved:

Since Darius has been here, he’s progressed every year.  He’s been doing the same things he’s always been doing.  He’s a lot stronger, it surprises me how strong he’s gotten.  And Terrence, same thing.  He’s improved his shot, and really his leadership and his maturity level.

On playing in Europe:

I’ve actually had about 7 or 8 offers to go play – for quite a bit of money.  But none of them have the clause that I can leave for the NBA if the lockout ends, so I don’t know if it’s worth it.

That’s all good and well.  Great to hear that Terrence and Darius are improving in the areas they needed to, and great to hear the legend of Ryan Harrow grow a bit more.  But my favorite story came from Brett Dawson post presser in regards to Jorts alter ego Carlton.  Apparently while Josh was taking in the big apple, he ran into Alfonso Ribeiro – the actor that played Carlton Banks in the fresh prince – and he showed him the youtube video from BBM of Josh doing the Carlton.  According to Josh, Ribeiro gave Josh “props,” which at this point in time is about the only thing whiter than actually doing the Carlton.

We kid.

But just as a refresher – here’s the video one more time.

Who would have thought that guy would be bringing a final four to Lexington only months later?

Article written by Will Lentz

16 Comments for Josh Harrellson – Ryan Harrow, Darius Miller And Carlton Banks

1. tdogg4033011
    4:40 pm July 30, 2011 Permalink

Miller and Jones will be the leaders of this team. If Jones has truly improved his shot
    alot, he’ll be lethal. Its gonna be fun, that for sure.

2. tdogg4033011
    4:48 pm July 30, 2011 Permalink

by the way, that dance is legendary, great stuff !!!

3. Jason
    4:49 pm July 30, 2011 Permalink

Miller is going to absolutely kill the SEC. You could see the light turn on for him in last years SEC tourney. Going into next season, im sure he’ll have the confidence to go out there and believe he can dominate, like we all know he can. He did decent in the NCAAT, but not as good as he should have, hopefully that will happen this year. The 1-2 punch of him and Gilchrist will be ridiculous.

4. RealTalk
    4:51 pm July 30, 2011 Permalink

I can’t wait for the season to start!!!!!…And i’m very very curious about Harrow!

5. catnuts
    4:58 pm July 30, 2011 Permalink

Duke and Coach K may be in trouble. Coach K offered a scholly to a recruit while he was playing in a tourney and according to ESPN that was against NCAA rules.

6. tdogg4033011
    5:02 pm July 30, 2011 Permalink

5) Duke isn’t in trouble, secondary violation that you’ll hear nothing else about.

7. Final Four
    5:36 pm July 30, 2011 Permalink

Davis only a little more athletic than Perry? Gotta hope a little turns into a lot by the time the season starts..

8. Crush little red
    5:48 pm July 30, 2011 Permalink

Watched the guys play a pick up game the other night and harrow absolutely stole the show. He was putting on a dunking clinic, throwing down some nasty stuff. Obviously they were putting on a show and not playing a whole lotta d, but harrow was the best performer on the court that night. Can easily see why they eased up on other PGs in this yrs class.

9. Delonte West
    5:58 pm July 30, 2011 Permalink

perry is pretty athletic #7

10. StevieD
    6:47 pm July 30, 2011 Permalink

y

11. StevieD
    6:48 pm July 30, 2011 Permalink

comments

12. Poco Chang
    9:04 pm July 30, 2011 Permalink

13. Poco Chang
    10:22 pm July 30, 2011 Permalink

Goulbourne says #ICantDrive55

14. Kyle
    12:01 am July 31, 2011 Permalink

Perry was a good player and athletic, but Davis has looked like a freak of nature in high school games. I hope he is just a little more athletic than Perry. Hell he can bring the ball up the court as a point guard at 6’10.

15. 2020
    12:53 am July 31, 2011 Permalink

Did Jorts just compare Anthony Davis with Perry Stevenson? I sure hope he’s wrong.

16. Johnny bingle
    10:11 pm July 31, 2011 Permalink

Hiya, I don’t come to an agreement with everything in this write-up, but you do make some very decent points. I’m very interested in this matter and I myself do alot of research as well. Either way it was a well thoughtout and nice read so I figured I would leave you a comment.