Josh Harrellson is this week’s “Mr. Fifteen”

NBA guru David Aldridge wrote one million words (I’m not exaggerating) in a piece on NBA.com yesterday, and buried in the written abyss is an interview with Josh Harrellson, who is his “Mr. Fifteen” this week. Aldridge spoke with Jorts about his improbable journey to the NBA, how he survived the lockout, and what Utah fans can expect from Enes Kanter.

Here, have an excerpt:

Me: Is there a part of you that goes ‘I wasn’t playing in college two years ago, and now I’m in the NBA’?

JH: Oh, yeah, every day. It’s still a blessing, all of the opportunities I’ve had. I’ve been very fortunate to make the most of them. Just to be in the NBA and to be able to play for the Knicks, and be able to travel, be in the rotation, every day I’m still thankful for the opportunities I’ve had. It still amazes me when I can sit back and think about it. Two years ago, I didn’t even play at Kentucky. I transformed my whole senior year, and now I play for the Knicks. So it’s crazy to think about it.

If you want to read the entire interview, and you should, you’re going to have to scroll wayyyyyy down to find it towards the bottom of the page. I used the ‘Find’ feature (CTRL + F) on my browser just to get to it.

It’s worth your time. (Not all of it. Just the part with Jorts.)

Cats.

Article written by Drew Franklin

18 Comments for Josh Harrellson is this week’s “Mr. Fifteen”

1. Thomas Beisner
    4:37 pm January 17, 2012 Permalink

[INSERT RICK PITINO JOKE HERE]

2. Mark
    4:38 pm January 17, 2012 Permalink

Watch out Jorts, Pitino has that name trademarked already.

3. Nerdo
    4:41 pm January 17, 2012 Permalink

Nice interview with Jorts. He always manages to turn his interviews into commercials for Kentucky!

4. CatFan in NYC
    4:47 pm January 17, 2012 Permalink

Off topic…but can someone please tell me why espn has 2 College Basketball Blogs. 1) College Basketball Nation and 2) UNC Basketball Blog.

Are you f’in kidding me?

5. Barry
    5:02 pm January 17, 2012 Permalink

Send thank you card to the NCAA for rulking ENES KANTER ineligible!

6. Rick Roy
    5:10 pm January 17, 2012 Permalink

Good Ole Jorts. Never though Id miss him this much!

7. Blueburg
    5:15 pm January 17, 2012 Permalink

Here is our greatest UK representative. Thank you Josh for being the kind of young man that proves how somene can overcome adversity and work your way to success as a GRADUATE of the University of Kentucky. You see he’s a good example not just of an athlete but of a hard working all American boy. God love him!

8. Carl
    5:23 pm January 17, 2012 Permalink

Josh is a good man. I love the way he keeps selling the BBN experience.

9. Carl
    5:25 pm January 17, 2012 Permalink

CatFan, it’s because ESPN is full of UNC grads and they do whatever they can to help the school with recruiting.

10. Rex's Mullet
    5:32 pm January 17, 2012 Permalink

What the heck is Mr. Fifteen supposed to mean?

11. Viren
    5:38 pm January 17, 2012 Permalink

Josh reap the reward of your hard work and taking Cats fans on a final four journey that they will never forget.

12. Rex's Mullet
    5:48 pm January 17, 2012 Permalink

15 minutes of fame?

13. bigabes4uk
    5:48 pm January 17, 2012 Permalink

Great interview! Thanks for posting! That’s the freakin man right there!! Love that guy!

14. Catnuts
    6:07 pm January 17, 2012 Permalink

Funny how the stars aligned to get Harrellson to where he is today. First, BCG, the worse evaluator of talent in the world, gives him a scholly to the University of Kentucky, of all places. Then Coach Cal comes in and runs off players that cannot play, but for some unknown reason, keeps Jorts.Then The NCAA rules Kanter ineligible. Then Jorts opens his big mouth about not getting any love from Coach Cal because he grabbed a few rebounds in an exhibition game.Coach Cal tries to literally “run” him off the team. He runs so much, he looses weight, gets him into the best shape of his entire life making him light of foot and actually more athletic. If any of these things don’t happen, he don’t even get a chance to make money over seas. Incredible!!!

15. Dane Brammage
    6:39 pm January 17, 2012 Permalink

Thanks for the great link on Jorts, aka Big Nasty.
    Just a tremendous story on what hard work and dedication, at KENTUCKY, will bring he who wants success. We need every recruit to see and hear Jorts’ story.

16. LuvDaCats
    6:45 pm January 17, 2012 Permalink

14. You are so correct. Go Jorts!

17. stevie
    6:52 pm January 17, 2012 Permalink

ESPN is stupid. If they had an UK blog it would be overran by zealous UK fans–it would far surpass the UNC blog. But, hey! ESPN has never been accused of being intelligent. Common sense would dictate that an organization take full advantage of the most passionate and loyal fan base in America. Does anyone disagree?

18. Leslie Chow
    11:49 am January 18, 2012 Permalink

It’s not funny because he no fat anymore!