Josh Clemons will be limited in fall camp

One of the biggest blows to the football team last season was the loss of Josh Clemons, the talented freshman running back who tore his meniscus against South Carolina. Clemons, who was one of the only signs of life on offense last season, has been rehabbing from the injury ever since, and today, Joker Phillips says that they will only let him work two days a week during the fall camp to protect his knee heading into the season.

He’ll have some help in the backfield, with what Joker described as one of the most competitive positions on the team. Other running backs in the corps include CoShik Williams and Raymond Sanders, who were starters for most of the season, Jonathan George, and “SEC-type” freshmen Dyshawn Mobley (he can deadlift 700 lbs!) and Justin Taylor.

Depth and experience at running back? I’ll take it.

11 Comments for Josh Clemons will be limited in fall camp

1. FreeCoshik
    3:59 pm July 18, 2012 Permalink

I think our boy Shik needs a little more credit here. Overlooked, undervalued, he played, and did very well. Kid’s got ‘leader’ written all over him. I look for him to shine this year

2. maddogmitchell
    4:06 pm July 18, 2012 Permalink

Man, I like CoShik Williams. Last season, as soon as he took a hand-off he was like a bolt of lightning. It looked like he had rockets strapped to his cleats. I like all of UK’s RB’s, though. If the O line can open up some holes for them then UK’s running game will be in great shape. And Mobley is deadlifting 700 lbs? As a freshmen? Daggum. Glad he is on our team! Go Cats!

3. James Idaho
    4:18 pm July 18, 2012 Permalink

LOL @ girls trying to talk football

4. maddogmitchell
    4:23 pm July 18, 2012 Permalink

3. Are you talking about the writer?

5. Jeff
    4:43 pm July 18, 2012 Permalink

The backfield is loaded with talent. I’m a huge Josh Clemons guy but Shik proved worthy of some touches as well. I’m excited about Mobley as well. I’m not as high on Raymond as an everydown kinda guy but if used in the right spots…can provide solid depth and home run ability.

6. Beavis
    5:21 pm July 18, 2012 Permalink

Don’t care how many and how good your running backs are,,,,if the o line does not block,,,they will not make it out of the backfield. SEC defenses will eat them up.

7. Common Sense
    5:29 pm July 18, 2012 Permalink

Personally, I don’t really care for Sanders, he’s too soft in my opinion. Josh Clemons is my favorite as he has speed and is big. Shik is also very talented and has speed, just lacks size. I’m excited to watch Justin Taylor as he was recruited by Bama and it sounds like Mobley is a pretty strong cat. I just hope that O-line does it’s job.

8. Juanita Broderick
    6:15 pm July 18, 2012 Permalink

What the crap it happened back in October. Votto is expected back in 4 weeks. Am I missing something on the time its taking him to recover?

9. Clint
    6:15 pm July 18, 2012 Permalink

6 – Don’t geek

10. Awesome
    8:35 pm July 18, 2012 Permalink

3: The writer isn’t a girl. She’s a woman. Now, put some pants on and join the rest of us in 2012.

I really wish we hadn’t run Donald Russell off, but CoShik is solid.

11. test