Jorts gets a double double against Sacramento

I’m not sure if you’ve heard, but Josh Harrellson STARTED FOR THE NEW YORK KNICKS last night, and got himself a double double. That’s right: 14 points and 11 rebounds. After the game, Jorts noted that he had watched the Kentucky-Louisville game earlier in the day and remembered that it was the one year anniversary of his breakout performance in the Yum Center. Jorts said he used that as a motivating factor to have a similar breakout game in the NBA and that is exactly what he did playing against former Cats, Chuck Hayes and Boogie. Jorts’ performance included four threes, which you can watch below:

#Jorts4Life

45 Comments for Jorts gets a double double against Sacramento

1. Strange Bew
    11:37 am January 1, 2012 Permalink

2. mudcreekmark
    11:39 am January 1, 2012 Permalink

One of the all time UK feel good stories of all time. Who would have thunk it? He went from not even being able to get on the floor as a junior in college to starting for the Knicks over a period of 2 years. It goes to show you what a little motivation and a whole lot of hard work can do. Congratulation to a great kid. You deserve it!!!

3. suckittrebek
    11:50 am January 1, 2012 Permalink

Very impressive game for Josh. Really impressed with how his shot has come along, he always showed good form and now he seems to have the confidence to shoot the NBA 3. He definitely has a raw skill set, in that he can defend the big guys down low and he can also stretch the defense for Amare and Melo. He will be making a pretty penny once this rookie deal is up.

4. jaaaayyyyyyy
    11:53 am January 1, 2012 Permalink

Great showing. He out-produced Demarcus. First 3 was over Demarcus. I wonder what Demarcus was saying as they ran down the court. Also, watch Demarcus’ body language on every other score by Josh, lol. Best part was Carmelo screaming “Yeah” on the last shot and giving Jorts a five. I watched that whole clip about 7 times in a row and I’m going to watch it once more now. Go Jorts. I’m now a Knicks fan, because of Josh and I just find the other players to be highly likeable as well.

5. dgtuk
    11:54 am January 1, 2012 Permalink

Way to go Jorts! Think about how far he has come in a little over 1 year…..amazing. So happy for him.

6. Jimmy
    11:54 am January 1, 2012 Permalink

Wow his first year and little bit of he’s second I scream at him so much, I was so anger with him, thought he wasnt good enough to be on the team. Im so sorry Josh, you have turn into a fine player, keep it up. Josh had the will to, but do we give a little credit to cal on this one?

7. Wall2Cousins
    11:55 am January 1, 2012 Permalink

he wont be starting one Amare comes back but he definately earn more minutes!!

8. Edge
    11:59 am January 1, 2012 Permalink

I am just dumbfounded how Jorts has played his way from the bathroom stall to a double double in the NBA. If you told me this when Billy G was here I would have laughed myself to death. I bet he feels great and is loving it!!

I love to live in Louisville when we WIN!!!!! It is so much better than being around just UK fans. I get the hear the excuses, but tell me why I will not just run into work and just tell everyone I told you so and will instead have to give “fake” props. Louisville “they are exactly what we thought they were!”

By the way…..I HATE CHANE BEHANAN!!!! WE NEED A MOVEMENT TO MAKE FUN OF HIM FOR A COMPLETE DAY ON KSR!!

9. Score The Ball
    11:59 am January 1, 2012 Permalink

I hope Cal shows those highlights to the team today. A few of our guys not named Davis or Kidd-Gilchrest need some inspiration.

10. Bulldawg
    12:00 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

Way to go BIG JORTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NEW JORTS CITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. dave
    12:01 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

uk hoops plays @UF at 1pm. on espn3. im sure you already knew that though.

12. labowski
    12:03 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

Jorts has made more money because of Twitter than the creators have! The dude likes!

13. Nassau65
    12:03 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

1. bitter little bitch aren’t you? That will be that last strangebrew link i click. I’ve clicked on the others that have been linked here and didn’t say anything, but somebody has a problem and it’s not Behanan.
    He’s just a kid, but you need to grow up. point blank, period.

14. strange brew
    12:04 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

Follow a real UofL fan on twitter, http://twitter.com/realuoflfan81

15. bung
    12:17 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

we got 37 def rebounds and 2 fastbreak baskets??? Are we under orders not to run?

16. Tblev12
    12:18 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

Way to DO WORK Jorts. Keep representing for the Big Blue Nation and for all the Non-believers.

17. CAUKFAN
    12:20 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

Unbelievable! What were you doing this time last year? Like me, probably about the same thing you are doing right now.

18. Huff
    12:21 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

attaboy Jorts!

19. jaaaayyyyyyy
    12:21 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

1, 14, I liked some of your logic in the article, but I don’t like calling an 18-19 year old kid an a-hole, and placing so much attention on what they say. The kid was just being confident. It’s not like he was putting anyone else down (the way you are). Strange that he would show more maturity than you do, yet you seem to be under the impression that you somehow can look down on him in your judgment and labeling. Weak. You might want to reconsider whether what you’re doing is really good for anybody, especially yourself.

20. Seerree
    12:22 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

8 – why even bother wasting energy hating Behanan? We are UK. We have MKG. We have Davis. Chane Behanan Does Not Exist.

And this whole Josh Harrellson thing is blowing my mind.

21. jaaaayyyyyyy
    12:22 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

And clearly you have some talent and motivation, but why not put it to better use? Not trying to say you’re ultimately a bad person, but rather you clearly have something good to offer that’s being overshadowed. I said my piece…

22. nolablue
    12:30 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

If y’all really live by DOESN’TEXISTVILLE code, why are you reading so much UL **** and
    commenting on so many UL people? I’m beginning to think Cal is right. A lot of you are
    seein’ red when you could be loving BLUE. Start your New Year by focusing on what’s
    RIGHT with BIG BLUE NATION and leave the Tards out of it. We beat ’em. It’s over.
    Focus on the fight to New Orleans now, and visualize MKG cuttin’ down the net.

GO BIG BLUE

23. LuvDaCats
    12:34 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

Yes…… New Jorts City…….. Awesome. Even if he never scores another point he will always be one of my favorite players in UK history. He seems to be not only a sweet ball player. But a good person also.

24. David from San Diego
    12:41 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

Uhm…. a Harrellson double double is the greatest New Years gift money can buy. W

25. Nassau65
    12:41 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

i’m so glad for Josh. He’s a great kid with a great attitude, and it’s finally paying off.

26. crazycatfan
    12:42 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

JORTS!!! JORTS!!! JORTS!!! LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

27. Musehobo
    12:51 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

1) I won’t click those links anymore either. Grow up.

28. HackRichards
    1:01 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

I’m grinnin’ like a Chessar cat watchin that video clip of Jorts!

29. LeaveLousyvilleInTheRearviewMirror
    1:02 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

Lil Bro has been smacked down again. Now it’s time to leave them in their irrelevance and conquer the SEC and then New Orleans.

30. bluebiscuit
    1:05 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

He looks very comfortable in his new role. Good for you, Jorts. You’ve earned it.

31. Steve Fitts
    1:50 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

Let’s be honest–two years ago, NONE of us would have thought Jorts would make it in the NBA!

32. doug
    2:31 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

Way to go Jorts! Proud of you brother!

33. JORTS
    2:55 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

JORTS!!! AWESOME!!.. And this clip makes me like melo even more

34. cuz i can
    3:28 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

best part is cousins reaction on the last 3!!!

35. TexasWildcat
    4:18 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

Congrats Jorts!!!!!

36. buk
    5:53 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

1) I regret clicking your link.

37. KevinC
    6:01 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

Cal is right about one thing for certain….UL isn’t in UK’s league….

38. Lovely
    7:09 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

I wonder what was running through Cousins’ head.

39. Blueburg
    8:44 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

Why is everyone so surprised? Josh proved himself to me last year. Here’s your UK ambassador right here, plain and simple.

40. 101blue
    8:48 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

Couldn’t be happier for Josh, he really put up with a lot of ish under coach G, that most players would have just given up and left the team.

41. Diesel Rig
    9:08 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

Good for Jorts. Love seeing good people succeed.

42. SkyCat
    10:59 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

1: Ditto to all who think your link is a nightmare. Sorry I ever clicked that link and never will I see that site again! Trash top to bottom.

43. go cats
    1:22 am January 2, 2012 Permalink

I remember watching Jorts nail about 6 3’s at midnight madness one year. Has a nice looking shot. Also remember Landry Fields torching the Cats a couple years ago. He almost beat the John Wall team by himself. Best of luck to both of them this year. I’ll be watching the Knicks play a lot.

44. 13th. Grade
    10:27 am January 2, 2012 Permalink

The guys at the end of the bench start out with golf claps when Jorts scored. By the end, they are coming off the bench. Way to go Josh!

45. 13th. Grade