Joker wants his own streak

Joker said one of Kentucky’s biggest goals is to win its last game, every season. He mentioned it was big to go out on top last season with a win over Tennessee — despite not making a bowl game — after losing to Clemson and Pittsburgh in the final games of 2009 and 2010. It’s all about ending the season on a good note and that will always be one of Kentucky’s big goals.

“The thing that we got to do is beat Tennessee on a consistent basis.”

He hopes to reach and win a bowl game, of course, but beating Tennessee will always be “an emphasis.” That’s one of the first things he wanted to do once he took over and he plans to continue that.

Article written by Drew Franklin

12 Comments for Joker wants his own streak

1. SteveM
    12:38 pm July 18, 2012 Permalink

Like a lot of UK fans, I would like Joker’s streak as head football coach to come to a screeching halt.

2. #Rise
    12:43 pm July 18, 2012 Permalink

Well like a true UK fan I would like to see joker succeed. He is a good person and is getting it done in recruiting. Give him time people.

3. AMIRITE
    12:49 pm July 18, 2012 Permalink

It bothers me that his grammar is incorrect.

4. UKBlue
    1:08 pm July 18, 2012 Permalink

I really wonder what delusion Joker lives in, I guess it’s the same delusion that tells himself that his offense works.

5. FlashOfBlue
    1:13 pm July 18, 2012 Permalink

2 = Grammar Goalie with a glove save.

6. Yesterdays
    1:19 pm July 18, 2012 Permalink

I’d like Joker to establish some kind of brand or even culture at UK. What are we? When kids think about UK football, what do they think of? Besides “being in the SEC”, what are we selling kids on? Why cant we be known as a “smash-mouth team,” or a “wide-open offense” team. Va. Tech is known for defense and special teams, Wisconsin is known for its ground game and Offensive line.

Alot of people in my family are college football fans. The only thing they say if UK football comes up is in reference to “that huge QB you use to have, whats his name?”

7. oh NO
    1:26 pm July 18, 2012 Permalink

EspnU is talking about UK / Joker. These dudes are saying we are looking for ‘moral victories’ this season. Dear GAWD, how many MORAL VICTORIES can we as a fan base take?

UK is 4-12 under Joker in the SEC. Our recruiting class was ranked last in conference. What makes anyone think this dude can succeed and get us anything more than moral victories?

Is losing to uofl and everyone on the schedule by 1 pt count?

8. notv
    1:36 pm July 18, 2012 Permalink

It’s more likely to be Mitch Barnhart’s streak of hiring terrible football coaches (currently at 1, likely to go to 2)…

9. SteveM
    2:03 pm July 18, 2012 Permalink

Barnhart’s hiring of Joker was an attempt to get the cheapest coach possible and we have gotten exactly what we’ve paid for. UK fans need to boycott football this season and send a message to the administration that we will not support its lack of commitment to provide a quality football program. Only by letting your opposition be known is UK ever going to hope to have a program we can get behind. Otherwise you are just enabling the status quo which is the laughing stock of the SEC.

10. SteveM
    2:32 pm July 18, 2012 Permalink

Just kidding guys. I’m developmentally challenged and lack the foresight to appreciate the long-ranging consequences of any so-called “boycott” on UK football. I am impulsive and lack the capacity for rational thought. Also, I hate Joker Phillips so much that I will grimace should the team succeed this year because I know I will be exposed as a reactionary idiot.

11. BBN
    3:08 pm July 18, 2012 Permalink

i agree with #2, iv got season tickets and always will support the cats…. look at it this way…. if we fired joker after 2 seasons wed be just like Loserville…… see what happns by year 4 or 5 then react

12. JLivermore
    4:36 pm July 18, 2012 Permalink

It doesn’t matter who it is in the SEC, you have to be able to consolidate wins in order to move up the pecking order. We’ve had opportunities to consolidate big wins in recent years over LSU, Georgia, Auburn and South Carolina and came up short every single time. Until you can get back-to-back wins over top programs, the big wins fade into distant memory very quickly. And it’s even worse when the failed attempts to consolidate wins against Auburn and UGA were both at home, and the failed attempts against LSU and USC were by a combined score of 89 – 10.