John Wall tells Klay Thompson “I’ll knock your *** out,” gets ejected

John Wall had himself quite a weekend. On Saturday, Wall lead the Wizards to a stunning comeback victory over the Lakers, scoring 24 points and a ridiculous 16 assists. Last night, Wall’s confidence boiled over against the Warriors, resulting in him challenging (okay, cussing out) Klay Thompson and getting ejected from the game. The Washington Post’s Michael Lee wrote this of the scene:

After getting bumped to his backside and sliding on the hardwood, Wall quickly hopped up and circled Thompson’s direction, ignoring teammate Emeka Okafor’s attempts to get him to calm down. Wall had taken a hit to the noggin from Thompson while trying a layup on the previous possession. So as he approached Thompson, Wall shouted, “Go to the basket and I swear to God, I’ll knock your…out.”

Thompson leaned over and grabbed his shorts. Wall moved closer, towering over Thompson as he nodded and repeatedly shouted, “Go to the basket! Go to the basket!”

Since returning from a knee injury, Wall has been on a tear, averaging 20.7 points, 8.5 assists, and 4.5 rebounds over the last 10 games. Wall told the Washington Post that his confidence is as high as its been since he was 14 years old:

“My confidence is probably the highest since I was 14, playing AAU … I think I’m growing before my eyes and maturing in running the show.”

Ejection aside, it’s great to see Wall getting back to top form. Just how well is he playing? Watch this:

ibnNbjkjgW3UXT

19 Comments for John Wall tells Klay Thompson “I’ll knock your *** out,” gets ejected

1. twnky
    10:38 am March 25, 2013 Permalink

i love my boy John, but i dont think that shove should have resulted with him on the ground. comments on me being a troll in 5,4,3,2…..

2. bosshog
    10:47 am March 25, 2013 Permalink

1, That ending is hilarious! I don’t think that you’re a troll….I think (and hope) that our former players will do their trash talking with their play, if anything…..especially when they can play like that! The only thing that John Wall was ever lacking in his game was a consistent jump-shot. If he can keep hitting those and dishing he will be amazing.

3. CATSCATSCATS
    10:50 am March 25, 2013 Permalink

Shattered ankles.

4. CatsFan12
    11:00 am March 25, 2013 Permalink

Poor Steve Nash. That play will probably cause him to retire.

5. El Pollo Loco
    11:02 am March 25, 2013 Permalink

1 – It sounds like the announcers were saying that Wall took a hard foul on the other end the play before (assuming from Thompson) and got up and made 2 FTs. So, it likely started with that. I think Wall would’ve been fine just talking had he not bumped Thompson while basically standing over him.

6. twnky
    11:07 am March 25, 2013 Permalink

thanks for clearing that up for me #5. im at work and cant turn up the sound.

7. jus sayin
    11:14 am March 25, 2013 Permalink

What a bunch of Divas basketball fans have become. In the 80s and mid 90s this would have been common. All the greats trash talked ESPECIALLY Bird, Jordan, and Magic. Now when we see someone do it its a inmature or thug behavior. (not saying anyone here said that. just what Ive seen online)

8. Jeff
    11:14 am March 25, 2013 Permalink

Nash tripped over that guy’s leg…he didn’t fall because of the crossover

9. Musehobo
    11:25 am March 25, 2013 Permalink

This is silly. Wall had apparently already taken some hard hits from that guy, and the last one didn’t look pretty either (watch the overhead view, he threw a strong shoulder). I’d be pissed too. He jawed at him some and got a T. Not that big a deal.

10. Axe Cop
    11:27 am March 25, 2013 Permalink

8. Watch more closely…Nash did NOT trip on that guy’s foot. He may have tried to avoid it but he didn’t trip.

11. RahRah
    11:46 am March 25, 2013 Permalink

Saw replay of this several times on NBAtv last night. Wall & Thompson had already been going at it. Also what no one mentions is that while Wall was mouthing off, Thompson was jawing right back at him. Not sure shat he was saying because he was quieter, but chances are good he should have been t’d up as well.
    Love the way JW is playing right now.

12. huntin chickens
    11:52 am March 25, 2013 Permalink

John cmon dude youre so much better than that

13. Melvit
    12:01 pm March 25, 2013 Permalink

I wish our team this year had this kind of fight and attitude.

14. Bigslap
    12:12 pm March 25, 2013 Permalink

13, me too! Man I missed seeing that fire on the court this past year.

15. BP35
    2:06 pm March 25, 2013 Permalink

Wall got “played”.

16. LeSigh
    4:33 pm March 25, 2013 Permalink

Geez, no wonder kids think its cool to be jerks and thugs these days. Props to Thompson for not playing into Wall’s immature taunts. Wall would look more intelligent if he let his game speak instead of his mouth…

17. Kurtis Blow
    5:00 pm March 25, 2013 Permalink

#16- Your the jerk. Basketball is about swagg these days, not punkin’ somebody and then grabbing your shorts and hoping a ref will t-up the other guy. Besides, it’s “a inmature”, not “immature.” Ask #7.

18. Bigblueindy
    6:32 pm March 25, 2013 Permalink

Thompson is a little punk. He was in the middle of the Pacer/Warrior scrap a few weeks back in Indy. Wall’s got to stand up for himself or everyone will try to run over him. I am glad he took up for himself.

19. LeSigh