John Wall scores 47 and he coulda gone for more

i
He blocks, too!

John Wall is playing like a man possessed.

After leading the Wizards to a win over the Lakers on Saturday and getting thrown out of a game for trash talking Klay Thompson on Sunday, John Wall put up a career-high 47 points tonight in the Wizards’ win over the Grizzlies, along with 8 assists and 7 rebounds. Wall was 13-22 from the field and 19-24 from the free throw line. His previous career high was 38 points.

When asked about his red letter night, Wall smiled and said he could have gone for more: “Hey man, I could have had 52 tonight. I missed 5 free throws.”

Wall told the Washington Post over the weekend that his confidence is at its highest level since playing AAU ball at age 14. What’s that about him being an NBA bust again?

21 Comments for John Wall scores 47 and he coulda gone for more

1. KyKid
    9:37 pm March 25, 2013 Permalink

First! Kudos to a great Cat!

2. We Hang Banners
    9:39 pm March 25, 2013 Permalink

Nobody balls like John Wall.

3. MemphisCat
    9:41 pm March 25, 2013 Permalink

I hate to see the Grizz lose, but tonight they hit the WALL….:) good to see John playing well.

4. KYStout
    9:48 pm March 25, 2013 Permalink

Good lord look at that vertical leap.

Anyone claiming Wall is an NBA bust can now shut their pie hole.

5. Cats in the NBA
    9:48 pm March 25, 2013 Permalink

League. Pass. Thanks for getting my money back, John!

6. BCinVA
    9:50 pm March 25, 2013 Permalink

I saw this game on local cable; John was a superstar tonight for sure. Hit several clutch, clutch shots at the end of the clock, played defense, led the team. Wiz are 14-7 when he, Nene and Brad Beal have played together. Good future for the Wiz if he can stay healthy

7. shane
    9:50 pm March 25, 2013 Permalink

That quote speaks volumes about him.

8. daveragonsucks
    9:50 pm March 25, 2013 Permalink

SIXTH

9. Kyrie Irving
    10:19 pm March 25, 2013 Permalink

Not as good as me

10. theSkinny81
    10:24 pm March 25, 2013 Permalink

Louisville fans: “I bet Siva could score 48….”

11. jZ
    10:41 pm March 25, 2013 Permalink

Can you say “Max Contract”

12. mudcreekmark
    10:57 pm March 25, 2013 Permalink

I think everyone in the NBA thought he was a cannot miss star in the making when he was selected number one overall. He got drafted by a team with one of the worse rosters in NBA history and everyone expected him to beat NBA teams by himself? Give him some players around him that actually knows how to play the game and now you are starting to see what he can become.

13. CAUKFAN
    11:27 pm March 25, 2013 Permalink

Freaking awesome!!

14. Dr. Funke
    11:45 pm March 25, 2013 Permalink

9 – Wiz with Wall >>>> Cavs with Irving

15. Clem Haskins
    6:43 am March 26, 2013 Permalink

You have to wonder how he will play once he gets paid…but good for him and the Wiz.

16. UKBlue1!
    7:21 am March 26, 2013 Permalink

…and UL fans would take Siva over Wall, Knight, and Teague?

17. BNClay
    8:54 am March 26, 2013 Permalink

I was saying that another bad year or two and Wall was a bust. But has certainly played well since returning from injury and assuming he keeps it up I will be happy to say that I was wrong. They are 8.5 back with just 12 games to play, so they won’t be catching the Bucks for the 8 spot in the playoffs. But next year if they play .600 ball simlar to wha #6 said, they could be the 2 seed in the east.

18. theWilkman
    9:46 am March 26, 2013 Permalink

I wonder what Colin Cowherd, renowned John Wall hater, has to say about his recent success

19. bmack
    10:24 am March 26, 2013 Permalink

Was at the game last night — Wall got a well-deserved standing O at the end of the game. Also, he dribbled out the last 15 seconds when he could’ve tried a 3 to get to 50. He willed an Wizards team with three injured starters to victory. Amazing.

20. Nich
    12:08 pm March 26, 2013 Permalink

How does that quote “speak volumes”?

Most of what he talked about – as usual – was about winning and his teammates.

He was excited. And the Wizards miss a lot of free throws at in opportune moments, I’d put cash down on his “52” quote being something he repeated after a coach ribbed him about it.

I live in DC and I’m a did hard Wizards fan. I’m pretty much just cruising the Internet getting delighted today.

Throw out every stat. 5-28 start, 21-16 since. That’s superstar level impact,

21. Nich
    12:14 pm March 26, 2013 Permalink

Yup, missing Nene, Ariza, Martell Webster and Bradley Beal..

Doing that without Nene’s cerebral inside game and Beal/Webster/Ariza’s floor spacing and ability to check PGs on D.. Wow.

Only Bird, Lebron, t-Mac and dale Ellis have had games with 47-8-7-2 TOs or less.. Wall is several years younger than any of them, did it on 8 fewer FGAs than any of them (and took less shots in a 47 point game than all but 8 or 9 guys ever)

And that 24-16-6-1 TO game vs LA two games ago was a feat only achieved by Magic, Kevin Johnson, cp3 and d wade.

WAll with fixed jumper form = Wall with confidence through the roof = superstar

Now if only Beal and he could stay healthy for 80 games next year and their next 4 best players can ply like 65+ I think they’re a shoe in for home court in round 1