John Wall has a new tattoo

Screen Shot 2013-08-13 at 12.36.09 PM

h/t @tattoosbyrandy

…And it’s a giant owl. Per the Washington Post and elsewhere, Wall’s latest ink represents his dedication to putting in work (hence the “No Time for Sleep”), and will undoubtedly result in uppity reporters bashing him for setting a bad example for the youngins.

Just to jog your memory, the last time one of his tattoos went public, people like Jason Reid were writing columns titled “Washington Wizards should think about John Wall’s ink before signing him to a max deal.” So, we can definitely expect more of the same now that he is in fact a max contract player. Which should be fun.

My take? When you donate a million dollars to charity, you can get all the tattoos you want. So do you, JW.

Article written by Andrew McCarthy

15 Comments for John Wall has a new tattoo

1. TravisC
    2:05 pm August 13, 2013 Permalink

Doron Lamb is gonna get the same thing except it’ll just say #TeamNoSleep.

2. catlogic15
    2:19 pm August 13, 2013 Permalink

Not that I understand tatoos anyway, but I am puzzled by the I-40 sign.

3. Raleigh Cat
    2:27 pm August 13, 2013 Permalink

I-40 = tobacco road, where Wall is from (Raleigh, NC).

4. Wedding Planner
    2:28 pm August 13, 2013 Permalink

An owl because of team no sleep?

C’mon guys.. admit that you chuckled..

5. Puzzled
    3:12 pm August 13, 2013 Permalink

by the claw grasping?

6. Answer?
    4:00 pm August 13, 2013 Permalink

The talons are grasping a lantern, and basketball is the light that’s produced by burning the midnight oil.

7. Cold Stuff
    4:00 pm August 13, 2013 Permalink

Is the owl sitting on a beer stein? Is John Wall German? What about I75-Lexington? Is I75 the only good thing to come out of Florida? Am I overanalyzing this? When does basketball start?

8. Kensucky NIT
    4:48 pm August 13, 2013 Permalink

Ok thats freaking horrible. Black people why even bother to get tattoos?

9. Melvit
    5:44 pm August 13, 2013 Permalink

Does he at least have a tattoo representing the Big Blue?

10. Twin Peaks
    6:34 pm August 13, 2013 Permalink

That tattoo is not what it seems.

11. Tattoo
    7:16 pm August 13, 2013 Permalink

The tattoo is simple to me. The owl reps, being a night owl(and maybe wisdom), therfor the “NO TIME FOR SLEEP” banner. The owl grasp’s a lattern(which is used to see at night and guides the way) with his, Walls birth yr, “Est 1990″(which made me feel really old! lol) and as the gentlemen above mention the lattern is lit with a basketball, the fire for which he lives, a passion and burning desire to be the best, and what pays his bills(the reward of practicing late into the night, while others sleep and prob a little bit of the party all night aspect as well?) The I-40 sign goes with his chest piece which reps his “hood,” where he was raised, the roads he traveled, and the state he was born and discovered in, basically where it all started and staying true to his “roots”. Pretty simple stuff, really. That’s what I see in it, he may have a totally different meaning. That’s whats unique about tattoo’s there kind of like paintings, one individuals thoughts and feelings put into symobols, only on the skin and both mean different things to all who see them. He says he will never have a tat that’s visable with a jersey on, out of respect for his mom, I say bullshit! lol. They get addictive! He’ll be sleeved out out in 2 yrs or less! That’s my 2 cents, thanks and goodbye!

12. Ty
    8:16 pm August 13, 2013 Permalink

Team no sleep? Maybe more sleep is needed b/c his jumper is busted. And it’s not getting any better.

13. Dilaudid Shooter
    4:46 am August 14, 2013 Permalink

I seem to recall him saying that his next tattoo was gonna represent the Kentucky Wildcats. Did he ever get one?

14. Bray Wyatt
    9:34 am August 14, 2013 Permalink

“We’re here..”

Wall will get a tattoo of his Kentucky connection soon.