John Wall as you’ve never seen him before

Wall-ESPNnaked1

Good morning, KSR! That’s a naked John Wall covered in bubbles that you’re looking at. Wall posed for ESPN the Magazine’s annual Body issue, and well, he’s naked. Here are more of the pictures and quotes from his editorial. All photos are by Peggy Sirota for ESPN the Magazine.

Wall-ESPNnaked2

“I love when people talk bad about me. When I wasn’t playing, a lot of people were doubting me and already writing me off, saying I’m not going to improve, saying there’s going to be all these young guys coming in. I knew my time was coming and just to stay patient.”

Wall-ESPNnaked3

“My arms are kind of skinny. I’ve gained a lot of weight — I went into college at 165, left at 185, and now I’m at 210 — but my arms haven’t really kept up. As long as I’m getting stronger in the right way, though, making sure I’m preventing myself from getting injured and being able to take hits in the game and finish through contact, I’m cool — they don’t really need to be that big.”

See the entire gallery here. You’re welcome, ladies.

72 Comments for John Wall as you’ve never seen him before

1. Kevin C.
    9:32 am July 9, 2013 Permalink

Correction: John Wall as I never WANTED to see him. Why????

2. Jarred
    9:32 am July 9, 2013 Permalink

Well.. I can’t wait to see the rest of the comments.

3. Sexington
    9:36 am July 9, 2013 Permalink

Tom Crean has been thinking about this a lot

4. catty
    9:36 am July 9, 2013 Permalink

THANK YOU!!!!

5. MattD
    9:37 am July 9, 2013 Permalink

I love the espn body issues. These athletes really are works of art. I remember from the last issue one of the women saying, models look good with clothes on, be we look good naked. It’s true, they really are beautiful.

6. mike
    9:38 am July 9, 2013 Permalink

If this is all you have to post let me just say, DONT POST!

7. I Say
    9:39 am July 9, 2013 Permalink

Check out the body issue with Dwight Howard in it; he looks straight up like the terminator.

8. Cat Fan in Georgia
    9:41 am July 9, 2013 Permalink

5 – I agree 100%.

Can’t wait to see more comments. More positives than negatives? We shall see. Too bad it’s not one of the tatted Cardinals. Then the responses would be unequivocal.

9. Old Blew Hare
    9:42 am July 9, 2013 Permalink

This has made my day. Hope he uses wisely the money he got for this. Maybe some more tats.

10. Cal
    9:49 am July 9, 2013 Permalink

John Wall is one of my fav cats but he isn’t in great shape. He isn’t cut at all for being a professional athlete. The 210 he reports is not muscle weight. Sorry.

11. Equal rights
    9:50 am July 9, 2013 Permalink

Ladies want the bubbles to disappear

12. Beatle Bum
    9:51 am July 9, 2013 Permalink

Goofy.

13. FabMango
    9:54 am July 9, 2013 Permalink

I really like John Wall. I did not need to see that.

14. Kentucky Effect
    9:56 am July 9, 2013 Permalink

Why does he look kinda soft? They should’ve put Bledsoe up there… dude looks like Rambo

15. Blade
    9:58 am July 9, 2013 Permalink

This is a basketball site to me. Not playboy. Really not much of an example for our younger kids.

16. Joe Dennison
    9:59 am July 9, 2013 Permalink

When you see a statue with no clothes on it, it’s naked. When you see a live person with no clothes on, it’s nekkid……..

• Mrs. Tyler Thompson
      10:01 am July 9, 2013 Permalink

Y’all don’t seem to have ANY problem with us posting pictures of scantily clad women, but when it’s a tasteful nude picture of John Wall, it’s disgusting?! Explain this to me…

17. Wildcat Willie
    10:00 am July 9, 2013 Permalink

He had to have taped it to his leg right??

18. Not my name
    10:01 am July 9, 2013 Permalink

The only thing worse than reading the females wooing over Wall in the comments is reading a presumable male talk about his body type. Probably shouldn’t be posting pics on here maybe just link but guys, leave it to the ladies to react to this, then snatch em up while they gettin hot

19. Cat Fan in Georgia
    10:03 am July 9, 2013 Permalink

Well said, Mrs. T.T. !!

20. Andy
    10:03 am July 9, 2013 Permalink

No way he is 210. Still looks about 185 max.

21. PittCat
    10:06 am July 9, 2013 Permalink

Not my cup of tea, but Mrs TT makes a valid point.

22. Frightened Turtle
    10:07 am July 9, 2013 Permalink

Water must be cold in that first picture!

23. Wildcat Willie
    10:08 am July 9, 2013 Permalink

Interesting tidbit about UK vs UL fandom.
    @JWhitlow_2 has 4,153 twitter followers
    @patty_ice14 has 8,301
    @Maxwe11uk has 9,138
    @D_Barker7 has 10,600

ULs best player ever and heisman hopeful Teddy Bridgewater has 7,253 followers. Lol. That is all.

24. Kyle tucker
    10:09 am July 9, 2013 Permalink

Mrs T.T should’ve been in the issue, she looks better than the girls in it by far

25. RealCatsFan
    10:09 am July 9, 2013 Permalink

JW is not as muscular as some other NBA’ers, but you can’t deny that the guy is a stud athlete. Don’t know if I have ever seen a player get up the court faster with the ball or elevate more quickly than JWall.

26. CatSinceBirth
    10:13 am July 9, 2013 Permalink

Well, nothing surprises me anymore. I predict it’s only a matter of time until he’s in trouble with the law. No longer a fan of John Wall. Matt, you’re getting as bad as the National Enquirer. You will post anything if you think it will get a hit.

27. Cat Fan in Georgia
    10:17 am July 9, 2013 Permalink

27 – “In trouble with the law”???? Why, because he’s tatted up? If that were the case, 50% of young America, and most college basketball and football players, would be “in trouble with the law”.

28. JoeMoney333
    10:20 am July 9, 2013 Permalink

27. Please throw your ignorant judgements out for all of us to read. We appreciate hearing them!

29. Sarah
    10:21 am July 9, 2013 Permalink

Post some hot white guys for the white girls. Look out for everyone.

30. Cat fan
    10:28 am July 9, 2013 Permalink

Well, hello John Wall!! HOT, HOT, HOT!!

31. Pancreas
    10:29 am July 9, 2013 Permalink

27 you embody so much of what I hate. Judgemental, narrow minded, ignorant, and easily offended by harmless things.

32. JG
    10:32 am July 9, 2013 Permalink

“I can’t BELIEVE u FORCED me to see a mostly naked man !! Quit calling me gay !!” – 90% of these comments

33. WildcatFan
    10:35 am July 9, 2013 Permalink

Wall looks great. But, I have to give a major shout out to Kenneth Faried who was photographed as well. Good, Lord!!!

34. DP
    10:37 am July 9, 2013 Permalink

Sarah? Why do white girls need to see white guys? Hot is hot, no? JW is definitely hot, his skin color has nothing to do with it.

35. UK Twin
    10:41 am July 9, 2013 Permalink

Finally some pics for the ladies! I’m glad the women who are posting are showing a lot more class than the guys usually do when photos of young college girls are posted.

36. @mattedurham
    10:42 am July 9, 2013 Permalink

I just don’t understand how people are offended by the human body. These pictures are tastefully done, and elucidate to the masses just how much effort these athletes put into their conditioning. Why does this set a bad example for children? Should we discourage our children from being fit, and taking care of their bodies? Should we offer them coca-colas and potato chips all the while preaching that the human form is taboo? Perhaps we should read 1 Corinthians, or Genesis. I cannot imagine the the implication is that we are promoting tattoos by posting these pictures on this website, since there have been a number of pictures of tattooed persons. The only difference between this picture and the countless others on here is the fact that the individual is nude, though covered…. its kind of like they’re clothed, that is, nude but covered….

As for me, I’m captivated by the beauty of the athletes and how sculpted most of them look. I prefer the pictures where they people are participating in their actual sports (see Kenneth Farried and Daila Ojeda) but am no way put off by the others. We are perverse when we call beauty distasteful and celebrate vulgarity, slothfulness, and distain for others (even if the others are UofL fans).

#truth /endofdiscussion.

37. UK Twin
    10:42 am July 9, 2013 Permalink

35 I could not agree more with you. A hot guy is a hot guy. Now, who do we call to get Patrick Patterson featured in the ESPN Body issue next year?

38. Dylan Sheridan
    10:58 am July 9, 2013 Permalink

Just imagine how many giant ding dongs this photographer has seen in their lives working for ESPN the Magazine…

39. Sarah
    11:01 am July 9, 2013 Permalink

I’m not into black guys. Nothing personal, I just like white guys.

40. lisamarieky
    11:04 am July 9, 2013 Permalink

He’s got a tight body damn!!!

41. bluristhurr
    11:10 am July 9, 2013 Permalink

Will Eddy Curry be the center page? Now I’d like to see that to make me feel better about myself

42. RealCatsFan
    11:19 am July 9, 2013 Permalink

Just went to the site and scrolled thru a few of the other pictures. Daa-um, Courtney Force sure doesn’t take after her daddy in the looks department – good thing! Love John Force, though. Dude always looks like he just rolled out from changing the oil in his race car – my kind of guy.

Gotta hand it to 77-YO Gary Player for being in the kind of shape he’s in for his age.

43. msnthrop
    11:22 am July 9, 2013 Permalink

Wall sure is going the extra mile to maintain a wholesome and marketable appearance by limiting his tat placement to places underneath his game jersey…apparently Kevin Durant has the same kinda thing goin on…I don’t know about the Raleigh skyline though…

44. coolcat
    12:25 pm July 9, 2013 Permalink

My goodness he looks good. Love me some JW. Wish I was the photographer. A girl can dream 🙂

45. Garrett
    12:37 pm July 9, 2013 Permalink

I didn’t need to see this.

46. Winston
    12:39 pm July 9, 2013 Permalink

Ummm…. yeah. OK, that’s way more than I ever wanted to see.

47. Marc Maggard
    1:21 pm July 9, 2013 Permalink

Hot damn! That boy has grown up! He was skinny as a recruit but then again, her recruiting is just a slice of time. Now he’s a hunk! My favorite parts are his creamy hamstrings. Need to fish a sock out of the hamper. More to come. -mm

48. Karen
    1:48 pm July 9, 2013 Permalink

Love this post! Thanks KSR!

49. Coppertop
    1:51 pm July 9, 2013 Permalink

The men complaining that they didn’t want to see this, apparently didnt click the link. There’s lot of nicely sculpted bodies.

50. ukfan31
    2:02 pm July 9, 2013 Permalink

19. The only problem is about 90% of your readers are guys.

51. Uh
    2:03 pm July 9, 2013 Permalink

You do know 90% of your readers are dudes. And they really don’t dig sausage photos of basketball players……

52. ...
    2:06 pm July 9, 2013 Permalink

I love Wall as a player but [email protected] TT your post made me throw up a little into mouth.

Guys don’t like fire hoses like you do and everyone is right, almost everyone on here is a guy

53. ...
    2:08 pm July 9, 2013 Permalink

TT probably went all 50 shades of grey posting these photos

54. SoCal Will
    2:10 pm July 9, 2013 Permalink

Jerry Tipton is going to need to find some old woman who is afraid of snakes and tell us why she now feels compelled to turn her back on the Cats. As for John when you are young and rich and attractive you do whatever you want to do not what the phobes want you to do.

55. Megan
    2:15 pm July 9, 2013 Permalink

Bless you, Tyler! Second one is the best.

56. Piedma Schwartz
    2:20 pm July 9, 2013 Permalink

WHAT THE PHUCK?

57. Lena
    2:56 pm July 9, 2013 Permalink

I love how men think they are the only ones that read this site. NEWS FLASH! Women like sports too. Look at Mrs. TT, myself, and all those women you men drool over on the “fans of the day” section.
    Also, #34 I totally agree. Kentucky (the state as a whole) sure knows how to produce some fine basketball players. 🙂

58. Rich
    3:32 pm July 9, 2013 Permalink

Disgusting! I,m canceling my subscription to KSR!

59. ldubs
    4:24 pm July 9, 2013 Permalink

The majority of readers are dudes, and the majority of the pictures of sexy people on the site are geared toward dudes. Ladies can’t get one post a year? Frankly, if women are 10% of the readership, then 10% of the fans of the day should be hot dudes. Since you’re so concerned about representation and all.

60. DC cat
    4:46 pm July 9, 2013 Permalink

27 – sure hope that was meant as a joke. Unfortunately, I’m quite certain it was not. Please explain your “rationale”. I for one think his tats are disgusting. But, so what?! How do they make him any more inclined to commit a crime? Your ignorant and what I assume racist view s pretty man sad.

To those annoyed with Tyler for posting these, a few comments. 1) scroll past if you don’t like it – not a difficult or time consuming effort. 2) did you really think tat a UK athlete posing for this issue would not be posted to KSR? 3) stop being hypocritical.

God, all the bitching about posts is incredibly annoying. As for someone’s national inquirer comment… Stop being such a dumbass.

61. ??
    4:58 pm July 9, 2013 Permalink

61 – sooo like Romney got 40% of the vote so he should be the president for 20 months, right!?!

62. Kentucky Granny
    6:22 pm July 9, 2013 Permalink

Dang, thank you, Mrs T!
    Hoping for the Boogie Man in next year’s issue.
    You gentlemen need to learn to scroll just as we have.

63. Cat In The ATL
    6:52 pm July 9, 2013 Permalink

I, for one, am another female reader who would much rather see these than pics of half naked women!

64. BigBlueBrock
    7:24 pm July 9, 2013 Permalink

Good to see misogyny and homophobia is alive and well in the KSR comments section.

65. Old Pervert
    7:27 pm July 9, 2013 Permalink

Well, gosh darn, they hid all the naughty bits.

66. SeaCat
    7:41 pm July 9, 2013 Permalink

in that third picture with John leaping in the air,
    shouldn’t there be more hanging down???
    Mrs. TT, you should discuss this apparent discrepancy.
    I am sure John would say something was Photoshopped away.

67. Female Fan
    7:53 pm July 9, 2013 Permalink

Where’s the stats on how many men vs. women read the site? Kind of sexist to me to presume that more men read the website than women.

68. spookykim
    7:55 pm July 9, 2013 Permalink

I was disappointed by Wall’s pictures, but Faried — yowza! Put PatPat in there, & I’m a goner! Thank you Mrs.TT!

69. Cats, Cats, Cats
    8:54 pm July 9, 2013 Permalink

More ladies read this site than you guys realize. I check it multiple times a day (too many) as well as other UK websites.
    The.males whining are hilarious. Not only do we ladies have to put up with frequent photos of half-naked young women on here constantly, but then you grace us with your crude, vulgar comments to boot………..many probably made by men old enough to be their father, if not grandfather. So cry us a river.

70. spookykim