John Wall and others talk to KSTV

On Tuesday night, John Wall spoke to KSTV and then we talked to some players….including Jorts making fun of the size of my head:

Article written by Matt Jones

29 Comments for John Wall and others talk to KSTV

1. knightynight
    3:01 pm February 10, 2011 Permalink

Dana Oneill in her chat:

Charlie (Charleston)

What are the top 3 fanbases in America? In order?

Dana O’Neil (2:58 PM)

Charlies: Well this will be sure to offend the other 300+ no matter what I say so I’ll just say Kentucky wins and then there are bout 10 others I could put behind. Never seen a fan base travel like UK.

2. William Braskey
    3:09 pm February 10, 2011 Permalink

FROM MY ESPN INSIDER

Terrence Jones’ passing a red flag?

Coming out of high school, 6-foot-8 forward Terrence Jones was known for his ability to not only score and rebound but also pass and get others involved. The Kentucky freshman has yet to show that at the college level, which could concern NBA scouts considering that whatever team selects Jones will certainly be using a high pick to do so.

ESPN Insider Matt Giles delves deeper — much deeper — into this in his column from today:

“Unfortunately, Kentucky is halfway through the SEC slate and Jones has yet to show his passing skills. Counting the win over Tennessee on Tuesday night, Jones has amassed just 10 assists in conference play. His assist ratio, 7.9 percent, is the third-lowest ratio for any player with a usage rate of 25 percent or higher (NIU’s Xavier Silas and USM’s Gary Flowers are the other two in the top 100 with similar statistical profiles).

“And don’t expect Jones to dump the ball down to Eloy Vargas or find DeAndre Liggins on the wing — in 10 games, they have yet to receive an pass from Jones that has led to a bucket.”

3. Emmitt Smith
    3:10 pm February 10, 2011 Permalink

Matt, you wont some of Just for Men? Clear up a lil bit of that frosting going on?

4. supremecats
    3:15 pm February 10, 2011 Permalink

Hey Matt, you and Vanetti are great on the show together. That’s a recipe for success.

5. Captain Marvel
    3:17 pm February 10, 2011 Permalink

TJones had a GREAT pass in the UT game that would’ve been an assist … the officials also called a charge on the play

6. coack K
    3:23 pm February 10, 2011 Permalink

I SUCK. DUKE SUCKS. JOHN WALL IS THE BEST PLAYER TO EVER COME OUT OF NORTH CAROLINA.

7. catfaninoboro
    3:26 pm February 10, 2011 Permalink

John Wall – you are fast becoming one of the most beloved Cats ever. Your play on the court was amazing but even more impressive is your “I’m a Wildcat for life” attitude. Thanks and know that Cat fans will be supporting you always.

(Just in case you’re reading the comments LOL)

8. Jason
    3:34 pm February 10, 2011 Permalink

LMAO at the look Lamb gives Matt at 3:45-3:46 hahahahahhahahahaha he looks like Matt just called him a racial slur.

9. Mack
    3:39 pm February 10, 2011 Permalink

Wall would make any team better by just showing up. Lamb wanted to take Matt’s lunch money and that may be a lot.

10. Shields Eyes
    3:53 pm February 10, 2011 Permalink

I live in Lexington but I am so glad that I can pick up the Afternoon Underdogs so I don’t have to listen to the dreck of Lexington sports radio.

11. old-school
    3:53 pm February 10, 2011 Permalink

blah blah blah. A real coach would recruit players and develop them instead of this one and done business. My beloved Coach Ratface is a real coach.

12. knightynight
    3:59 pm February 10, 2011 Permalink

11 you’re not worth the time or effort. no one likes you

13. Nick
    4:01 pm February 10, 2011 Permalink

Wall and Lebron were not in the same seat, they were within about 10 yards though

14. The Nail
    4:17 pm February 10, 2011 Permalink

Why did Matt completely ignore me in those interviews? I was the key to that game.

15. OH_CatFan4Life
    4:18 pm February 10, 2011 Permalink

Matt, didn’t realize you were so tall. was jorts sitting in his locker?

16. Joe
    4:22 pm February 10, 2011 Permalink

15, Matt was actually Nate Knight before he changed his name out of shame.

17. CoreyMaggette
    4:27 pm February 10, 2011 Permalink

Coach Ratface is a fine, upstanding citizen and a moral compass for us all.

18. SeoulCat
    4:32 pm February 10, 2011 Permalink

Matt, how does one “take a listen”? (0:25)

19. AgCamel
    4:57 pm February 10, 2011 Permalink

Watch the video and press 9 continually.

20. Fake David Beckham
    5:07 pm February 10, 2011 Permalink

The reasons people hate me are:

1. I sound nothing like David Beckham (he has a much higher pitch voice)
    2. I have THE WORST English accent…..ever. Sometimes, I’m trying to sound Irish, sometimes Australian, sometimes a made-up accent. And not succeeding at any of these.

21. rickpitinoshairplug
    5:31 pm February 10, 2011 Permalink

matt Jones on tv.

A. Doesn’t have a face for tv.
    B. Doesn’t have a voice for radio
    C. Stick to writing, I guess that’s why he begs for tv and radio jobs and quickly loses them.
    D. Terrible makeup.
    E. Learn another question besides, A. Talk about…..

22. Ric Flair
    6:16 pm February 10, 2011 Permalink

No. 21. I’m glad someone else noticed this, is this amatuer hour?

23. Ryan
    6:19 pm February 10, 2011 Permalink

It saddens me to see Kanters name above a locker while Lamb is talking.

24. Upper Section Student
    7:09 pm February 10, 2011 Permalink

#21 and #22, why don’t you have the job then?

25. tyson
    8:26 pm February 10, 2011 Permalink

Matt, great clip. You and the short Italian guy make a good pair, with you back and forth. Thanks for posting it.

26. BukakenNursinHomes
    8:44 pm February 10, 2011 Permalink

11) Old school take all your Tardinal thoughts back over the Cawd Chronicle.

27. Jeep-Mom
    8:53 pm February 10, 2011 Permalink

I am proud of the excellent job you are doing, Matt.

28. spookykim
    8:57 pm February 10, 2011 Permalink

I love it when you post KSTV clips! It’s great to see for those of us that don’t live in Lexington. The interview with John Wall was great. I think if Doron Lamb takes your lunch money, Matt, John Wall will get it back for you.

29. brenda scott
    11:46 am February 11, 2011 Permalink

I agree that Dr. Todd is out of line…He is supposed to be bright..has He been bitten by the sports bug…ridiculous. I have lost a lot of respect for him.