John Vincent Calipari will be on KSR tomorrow

caliparix-large

Attention: Kentucky Sports Radio radio listeners…

Matt and Ryan will be joined by a very special guest Thursday morning when John Calipari stops by the studio. Cal is coming on to discuss his comments from today’s press conference and the state of the program as we enter the summer.

He will be on in the first hour around 10:30 a.m. ET.

Plan accordingly.

Article written by Drew Franklin

18 Comments for John Vincent Calipari will be on KSR tomorrow

1. ashley shaffer
    8:46 pm May 15, 2013 Permalink

Cal and Tony Shivani in the same week….good stuff

2. PolsonFor3Minutes
    8:48 pm May 15, 2013 Permalink

Please let the Truth call and talk to him

3. Ares
    8:48 pm May 15, 2013 Permalink

Watched his press conference today it is very nice to know the program is in great hands.

4. GoCats2
    8:50 pm May 15, 2013 Permalink

It will be nice to hear someone who talks more than matt.

5. PolsonFor3Minutes
    8:54 pm May 15, 2013 Permalink

If anyone is interested in blogging UK Sports Info is looking for some bloggers. @BKBrashears on twitter

6. Peter Burroughs
    9:01 pm May 15, 2013 Permalink

What a week!

7. heyitsme
    9:03 pm May 15, 2013 Permalink

KSR is too big of a platform for Cal to ignore. Not too hard to imagine a weekly segment in the near future. The ratings tomorrow will be off the charts.

8. Peter Burroughs
    9:10 pm May 15, 2013 Permalink

Don’t blow this tomorrow guys! No nose-whistling, please!

9. Otis
    9:28 pm May 15, 2013 Permalink

Me and jenny go together like peas and carrots!

10. Pennsylvania Cat
    9:33 pm May 15, 2013 Permalink

I think KSR is planning to run approximately 17 non-stop minutes of commercials right around 10:30 when Coach Cal is scheduled to appear. Hopefully we all don’t miss what he has to say.

11. dgtuk
    9:49 pm May 15, 2013 Permalink

Hey Matt:

Love how you put my IP address on “moderation awaiting” for no good reason but you let these Idiots above post all night long…great process…Apparently I can only post when I am travelling…no moderation awaiting message..

More importantly…can’t wait to listen to Cal tomorrow..Love you show…..Go Cats!

12. Deacon
    10:05 pm May 15, 2013 Permalink

Can we expect an 8 minute break 5 minutes before Cal starts talking?

13. David
    10:15 pm May 15, 2013 Permalink

Will he be taking calls?

14. Back to Back
    10:28 pm May 15, 2013 Permalink

Here are some quotes from Matt Jones straight from his website that he made in April,2008.

“Kansas vs Memphis….it is time for Kansas to win another. Memphis is a great team, but I simply cant pull for Calipari and the way he runs a program. Rock Chalk Jayhawk….”

Matt Jones Says:
    April 6th, 2008 at 12:01 am
    All the while running one of the dirtiest programs in America….

Matt Jones Says:
    April 6th, 2008 at 12:57 am
    “I am not going to make a post on the subject. But travel in recruiting circles and you won’t find anyone who thinks that program is clean. You are free to have any feeling about Calipari u wish but I am not a fan of his tactics on building a program.”

“You just knew it was gonna happen deep down. Karma is a weird thing and it strikes at weird times and you just couldnt imagine that Memphis would really be allowed to win a national title. With a team full of players that had run-ins with the authorities, after the fight earlier this season at UAB, after their constant problems with free throw shooting and Coach Calipari’s mocking of it as an issue and the coach’s less than stellar reputation with the NCAA, you just HAD to think that it would catch up with them.”

“As for Memphis, you just knew this would happen. All year, they have laughed in the face of those who said you didnt need to hit free throws to win, and it was those free throws that lost the game. I make jokes about this Memphis team and I do have some problems with how Calipari runs his program.”

15. Phil Hickerson
    10:35 pm May 15, 2013 Permalink

I’d like to see the UK fans who claim Louisville’s style of defense is cheap and dirty and not real basketball spin this:

The Cats also might take a page from defending NCAA champ Louisville, using their increased depth to apply more – and more physical – full-court pressure.

“So we’re going to press and play more physical and bump and grind, and we’ll put our arms up in the air and we’ll hip-check guys,” Calipari said. “That’s how we’re going to play. Now we have numbers.”

16. Random
    11:52 pm May 15, 2013 Permalink

#14 Yeah, because 86,000 different Louisville fans haven’t discovered those comments Matt made five years ago, thought they were such an amazing detective for discovering this and then proceeded to tweet or message him 30 times a day about it calling him a hypocrite.

17. kadizkat
    7:20 am May 16, 2013 Permalink

#14, I’m sure logic won’t work but I’ll give you the short version. I used to think the same things about Coach Cal. It was based on what the national media was saying about him. When Coach Smith left, I was one of those who said we don’t need Coach Cal, he’s a cheater. After he got here, I did some actual research and found that he had done anything wrong at UMass. It was an agent who gave Camby the money etc not Cal. The NCAA found that Cal did nothing wrong in the Rose case. I won’t get into my rant on the NCAA and how they operate. Bottom line, other haters can talk and lie about Cal but not one thing has ever been proven that he has done somehting wrong or against the rules. Some other coaches, in this state, can’t say that.

18. UK_JB
    8:14 am May 16, 2013 Permalink

YAY! I hope he takes callers!!