What a crazy weekend, right?! Geez. We totally had some crazy times. You were there. And you. You, too. Yes, I know you don’t remember but you were really wasted. Anyways, good morning. Or night if you are normal and don’t go to sleep before midnight. Monday’s News and Views are brought to you by the old-school crooning of John Lee Hooker, who would be 93 today if he were still alive. Alas, we aren’t lucky enough to have this great bluesman with us today. And, yes, he was one of the greats. You should like him. Why? Well, your favorite color is blue, right? And he recorded “Boogie Chillen”. On to the news…
– The California team beat the Kentucky Little Leaguers 10-0. That’s one rough outing, and KY went up against arguably the best team in the U.S. without our ace on the mound. Griffin McLarty can pitch again on Aug. 23rd, but that’ll be a date late because the boys play again tomorrow vesus the Southeast Region team at 4pm. Here’s to hoping they can pull out a victory.
– LSU QB Jordan Jefferson kicked a marine in the head during a bar fight. He’s an idiot. In other news, Les Miles is his coach. He’s also an idiot.
– In preseason play, the New York Jets smacked the Cincinnati Bengals 27-7. Why is this relevent? Because a couple Cats saw action. DeQuin Evans recorded two tackles, one assisted. John Conner had one rush for one yard. Conner surely had some huge blocks in there and all that other small stuff that he does so wonderfully, but I didn’t get to see it.
– Matt got a hold of a few pics of the new ribbon video boards at Commonwealth Stadium. Scroll down to check it out. Lots of money going into that place and it should be great.
– Somebody make me a bowl of this. Right now. I’ll pay.
– Three time Derby winning jockey Calvin Borel was arrested for DWI. He was just barely over the limit and released eventually. The incident happened in Indiana, and we all that you have to be drunk to go to Indiana, so who can blame him?
– Star 2013 PG Kasey Hill narrowed his list to 7 schools today. Obviously, Kentucky made the cut, along with FSU, Florida, USF, UofL, Missouri, and NC State.