John Calipari Speaks to the Big Blue Madness Campers

Article written by Matt Jones

47 Comments for John Calipari Speaks to the Big Blue Madness Campers

1. jaybo87
    7:28 am September 22, 2012 Permalink

Ticketmaster is the worst service ever. at 7 on the dot… no tickets are currently available. what a joke. sorry i have to work and can’t spend all week down there camping in a tent to get tickets.

2. Kyle
    7:32 am September 22, 2012 Permalink

Same thing happened to me @3 ticketmaster is terrible and probably always will be

3. ChaosinKy
    7:33 am September 22, 2012 Permalink

Yeah it’s crap. But they are available on eBay now. What a joke. They made a mistake when they opened it back up to 4 per household this year.

4. Bradley
    7:34 am September 22, 2012 Permalink

How are no tickets available so early? When will they be available?

Thanks.

5. ChaosinKy
    7:35 am September 22, 2012 Permalink

Be the first year in quite a while I won’t be going because no tickets were available.

6. Isaac in Long Beach
    7:35 am September 22, 2012 Permalink

Got four tickets on ticketmaster… Section 11 row O. First time I’ve ever gotten through online and I get great seats. Really sorry to those who couldn’t… But I’ve been in your position every year til now.

7. UKFanInCincy
    7:43 am September 22, 2012 Permalink

Isaac, If you would like to sell two of the tickets you got let me know.

[email protected]

I was not able to get any online at 7.

8. DT in DC
    7:44 am September 22, 2012 Permalink

Yeah, weird. I logged in on the dot and didn’t get tickets either. I couldn’t make it anyway, but I thought I’d try then give them to family/friends in Kentucky.

9. DT in DC
    7:48 am September 22, 2012 Permalink

ANd wow. I just looked at ebay. Over 500 bucks for tickets? No way they’re worth that. Save your money and dole out that kind of cash for an actual game.

10. Joe
    7:53 am September 22, 2012 Permalink

I have tried non stop from 7 am to 7:52 am and have not gotten through. Pathetic!

11. Todd
    7:56 am September 22, 2012 Permalink

Looking for two tickets if any one has any extras. I have been to madness the last 6 years, but had no luck like most did this morning. Oct 12th is my birthday and it would be great to go again. Email me at [email protected]

12. ChaosinKy
    7:56 am September 22, 2012 Permalink

It sucks but I guess that’s the chance we take every year doing it online. Camping out is the only guarantee. I have had great luck every year but this one. Guess I’ll have to watch the terrible rv coverage that shows little to nothing. It is what it is.

13. ChaosinKy
    7:57 am September 22, 2012 Permalink

*tv coverage

14. Dane
    7:58 am September 22, 2012 Permalink

Apparently ebay works better then ticketmaster(must be that new logo) minus $100+ fee. Im fed up at this point…

15. Joe
    8:04 am September 22, 2012 Permalink

It Barnhart’s fault. He must have messed this up to. Tickets are unavailable on Ticketmaster. Yep, 23,000 went just like that.

16. WERUK
    8:06 am September 22, 2012 Permalink

Ive heard alot of people say Scalpers hacked the site right at 7

17. J Bowman
    8:07 am September 22, 2012 Permalink

Got our tickets to BBM! Upper arena but I don’t care…at least we are in the building and didn’t have to wait outside for tickets 🙂

18. AHHHHH!!!!!
    8:08 am September 22, 2012 Permalink

yep put them on sell at 7 and don’t start accepting calls until 9, Ticketmaster is the devil

19. KNOCKIN BOOTS
    8:10 am September 22, 2012 Permalink

Already a guy on craigslist selling up to 16 tickets, and i couldn’t even get one….smh

20. Joe
    8:12 am September 22, 2012 Permalink

Been trying since 7, finally got through. 4 tickets in Section 215. Nosebleed…

21. CliffFrankLou
    8:14 am September 22, 2012 Permalink

Does he ever stop selling?

22. wishihavenosebleedseats
    8:16 am September 22, 2012 Permalink

ticketmaster did this 2, 3 years ago and was down the first hour or two, three. I have gotten everyone year besides today and that year. I think the site is down…I dont know ANYONE who got tickets. Theres no way 23000 went in seconds..no way.

23. UKFaniac
    8:19 am September 22, 2012 Permalink

I just got tickets. They are in the bleeder section (Section 230 Row JJ) but I got tickets through ticketmaster. It only took an hour and 19 minutes but SUCCESS!!!!

24. PsychOfMSE
    8:23 am September 22, 2012 Permalink

23. Considering half the tickets went to the campers that means there’s around 12000 tickets available on ticketmaster. Let’s say the average person gets 2 tickets. That’s 6000 people vying for tickets at the same time. That number is very feasible considering the size of the BBN.

25. Dane
    8:25 am September 22, 2012 Permalink

I think its something like 700-1500 online and the rest are will call. at least that wkyt said.

26. UKBlue
    8:26 am September 22, 2012 Permalink

Love Cal, but he has got to lose some weight especially if he going to keep up his crazy schedule !! He has put on some serious weight since he came to UK.

Cal likes to repeat stories.

27. Willis talkin bout..
    8:27 am September 22, 2012 Permalink

keep trying.. just got 2 tickets Ticketmaster is a tricky beast!!! keep trying!

28. Diddy
    8:30 am September 22, 2012 Permalink

Coach Cal is awesome!! Best coach in the game. He truly loves Kentucky & Kentucky truly loves him.

29. WERUK
    8:33 am September 22, 2012 Permalink

28. Where, nose bleed?

30. crazycatfan
    8:37 am September 22, 2012 Permalink

29 – You got that right!!! AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

31. Catfan
    8:37 am September 22, 2012 Permalink

They had arm bands available from yesterday afternooon till 7:00 am this morning. All you had to do is walk into the Ticket office and they gave you your wristband and control card to get tickets. You did not have to camp out all week. You could have arrived before 7:00 and would have got tickets. Put the extra effort into it next year and don’t blame others or watch it on TV. Some our KY fans our the biggest crybabies. If you want a ticket show up at the campout or expect a small chance of getting tickets to madness. You have a choice, but don’t blame others. I took vacation this week, you can do the same!

32. true fan
    8:41 am September 22, 2012 Permalink

dam you security code could ticket master put it in english or make it where it not blurry i thought i was drunk this morning took me 3 time to get one that was easy to read

33. AHHHH!!!
    8:42 am September 22, 2012 Permalink

2 special blue envelopes for sale with free tickets email [email protected]

34. tdogg40330
    8:46 am September 22, 2012 Permalink

34) stick ya tickets for sale up ya ass !!!!

35. AHHHH!!!
    8:47 am September 22, 2012 Permalink

well that would be counter productive

36. DJ
    8:47 am September 22, 2012 Permalink

STOP BITCHING AND KEEP TRYING!!!! I just got tickets at about 8:30. Keep hitting that back button folks

37. Bulldawg
    8:53 am September 22, 2012 Permalink

My wife that has got up early all week to go to work, got up at 6:30 this morning on her day off to get us some madness tickets…SCORE!!!!!! At around 8:17 she got us 2 tickets to paradise!!! Upper Arena, but my back was literally against the wall last year and I had a great time. Oh yeah, In the last 15 years I have been to 2 Madness events, 1997 and 2011. So within the last 15 to 16 years I am a perfect 2 for 2 on me attending Madness coinciding with UK titles. Bulldawg goes to Madness = UK #9!!!!! This bodes well for my marriage and UK~!! GO CATS!!!

38. Andrew
    9:31 am September 22, 2012 Permalink

#27- He does still work out. I haven’t really noticed his weight.

In this video though he does seem exhausted.

39. Jill
    10:10 am September 22, 2012 Permalink

Got tickets in section 230, section CC. How does the seating work in that area? Does it go A-Z, then AA,BB, etc., or start with AA. Trying to figure out where I will be sitting. Thanks

40. Ryan
    10:16 am September 22, 2012 Permalink

Yes Jill……it does

41. Ryan
    10:17 am September 22, 2012 Permalink

It goes A through Z then AA, etc

42. LMAO
    10:21 am September 22, 2012 Permalink

I love Cal, could listen to him talk all day but damnhe tells the same stories…

43. LMAO
    10:23 am September 22, 2012 Permalink

27 are you serious? Post a pic yourself, guarantee you’re a fat piece of sh#t. He’s not overweight at all.

44. GatorChomp
    10:34 am September 22, 2012 Permalink

Cals azz is as bloated as his ego.

45. stop crying
    11:52 am September 22, 2012 Permalink

waaaah waaaah waaaah, you sound like a bunch of kids that didn’t get what they wanted for xmas. GROW UP!!!

46. Cat fan
    1:11 pm September 22, 2012 Permalink

Its called get your lazy butts up and go camp out instead of sitting behind a computer screen and then crying about it, the true fans are the ones camping out.