John Calipari has a challenge for Big Blue Nation…

John Calipari has pulled a lot of different strings in an attempt to get this Kentucky basketball team going in the right direction. He tried dodgeball before Missouri, and tonight he has issued a challenge (or a plea for help) for the Big Blue Nation. Calipari wants Kentucky fans to stand up starting at the 8-minute mark in the second half, and stay standing for the rest of the game. Calipari believes that this team needs the help of the fan base to pull it across the finish line tomorrow afternoon.

Will you stand? Will it help?

Article written by Ally Tucker

I once successfully requested "The Wobble" to be played 6 times at one wedding.

34 Comments for John Calipari has a challenge for Big Blue Nation…

1. steve austin
    8:11 pm March 8, 2013 Permalink

Can I get a hell yea??? I’ll do him one better and make it the whole second half. These colors don’t run baby!!!Go big blue

2. ukfastcat
    8:11 pm March 8, 2013 Permalink

I WILL stand up for the full eight minutes.
    And, I live in Santa Barbara, California.
    STAND BY YOUR CATS!

3. London
    8:12 pm March 8, 2013 Permalink

Genius idea! This could be a huge advantage and confidence booster for the team. This would most definitely rattle florida.

4. C-A-T-S
    8:15 pm March 8, 2013 Permalink

I think we are all behind UK, but I can’t say I’m going to be sad to see some one them go. I will say that everyone was probably like me thinking Archie was the poison on this team since the middle of the season and its actually been Poythress all along. It’s bad when your teammates call you out for not trying. How selfish can one person be? Like a 5 year old kid. I hope Archie comes back as well as WCS. Those two would be great with next year’s team. They also seem to be the only starters that truly bleed blue and have any pride. What a sad year. We actually saw this machine fall apart right in front of us. Plain and simply terrible.

5. Redman
    8:15 pm March 8, 2013 Permalink

I don’t want to complain about a free UK fansite, but give me a contemporary pic. The pic is great but it is old. The addition of the 2012 banner would be great for a screensaver.

6. Ernie Banks 3rd cousin
    8:17 pm March 8, 2013 Permalink

If we down 30 do we still stand?

7. C-A-T-S
    8:17 pm March 8, 2013 Permalink

Btw our UK team is and has been talented enough to beat a team like Florida all year. It’s just been 4 on 5, 3 on 5 all year. I’ll stand to see them play as a unit for each other and not themselves.

8. Han
    8:21 pm March 8, 2013 Permalink

They should put something up on the video screens. Too many people don’t hear about this kind of thing.

Someone should do some kind of “Get on your feet!” video that they can play when Rupp is being too quiet.

Also, can someone please explain to me why ours is one of the only student sections I’ve ever seen that doesn’t count down our own shot clock? We’ve needed it a bunch of times this year.

9. MemphisCat
    8:26 pm March 8, 2013 Permalink

The upper deck will rock with Cal, but what about the blue hairs? Some of them are lucky to walk, you think they have the strength to lean on those canes that long? We better have extra medical on stand-by.

10. John Seward
    8:32 pm March 8, 2013 Permalink

We will stand and walk out because UK will be down by atleast 30 points by then

11. crazycatfan
    8:35 pm March 8, 2013 Permalink

WHAT A GREAT IDEA!!! I WILL BE STANDING FOR MY CATS!!!

12. My leg hurts
    8:44 pm March 8, 2013 Permalink

I guess there is no reason to stand in the first half. Make sure you sit on your hands and keep quiet until the 8 minute time out.

13. chiefed cat
    8:58 pm March 8, 2013 Permalink

The fact that this is viewed as a challenge is pathetic.

14. dom
    8:59 pm March 8, 2013 Permalink

Yes! Rise up BBN.

15. Poco Chang
    9:11 pm March 8, 2013 Permalink

Cal is not challenging the fans. He’s challenging his players.

16. iucansuckabigblue....
    9:15 pm March 8, 2013 Permalink

Enough negativity.

Win or lose. Born and raised a Wildcat. Love our state and our people. Till the day I die.

Stand up and fight Wildcats!!! Wear the BLUE and WHITE with pride. Represent us and make us proud.

We might not be the best this YEAR. We might not have a perfect team. But we are the WILDCATS! We run from no one!

GO BIG BLUE!!! Get up!!!

17. Blue hair don't care
    9:15 pm March 8, 2013 Permalink

EVERYONE better be on their feet. If not we will be hooking tazers to the chairs. Hell stand up the WHOLE game *gasp!!!* #BlueHairUnapprecationDay.

18. UKDMD
    9:16 pm March 8, 2013 Permalink

I say we stand the whole game. Show the country what being a BBN fan is all about. I’ll be there ready to rock.

19. iucansuckabigblue....
    9:19 pm March 8, 2013 Permalink

Whoever has tickets GET the F up! 🙂

20. Amen brotha
    9:20 pm March 8, 2013 Permalink

S/O to #16 Love the spirit!! Wish we had more fans like you. I’m with you all the way BBN Stand Up!!!

21. London
    9:22 pm March 8, 2013 Permalink

Hopefully by the 8 minute mark its a close enough game for anyone to stand and cheer for the rest of the game, but regardless it should be done anyways.

22. dustyblues77
    9:38 pm March 8, 2013 Permalink

in case we are not winning the game which will most likely happen. We should have the fans dress and do the harlem shake for 8 minutes. This will make it somewhat entertaining, for the fans at least.

23. Yakattack
    9:41 pm March 8, 2013 Permalink

I will be standing at the 8 minute mark, because I’ll be fishing for bass at Cedar Creek lake tomorrow. I have tix to the came if anybody wants them. Sec 223 row F. Free to whoever wants them.

24. UK Freshmen
    9:42 pm March 8, 2013 Permalink

Cal needs to act less like PT Barnum and more like a coach. If that’s possible. What a circus.

25. JBR
    9:43 pm March 8, 2013 Permalink

I have a challenge for Cal…to either motivate these players, or play the guys THAT DESERVE IT. I’ll take a lesser player out there fighting his heart out with pride than the guys Cal has played all year, and take our butt-whipping. It is hard to watch the heartless play that we have had by several of our guys, and Cal has let them play all year. The bench is the best motivator, and I know we are thin, but again, I’ll take those walk ons out there fighting than Poythress out there running from the other team. I like the idea that Cal is proposing, but guess what, if our guys gave us a reason, even for a second, we would all be up already.

26. crazycatfan
    9:56 pm March 8, 2013 Permalink

16 & 20 – I’m with y’aLL!!! WE ARE KENTUCKY …. FOREVER!!!

27. Han
    10:10 pm March 8, 2013 Permalink

On our feet for the last 8 minutes, one minute for each championship.

9) Dude or dudette, I go to about 8 home games games a year, and the upper deck is no more on their feet the whole game than the lower deck.

25) I’ll take whoever will make winning more likely. Playing the guys who work hardest in practice got us the Coury Flurry under BCG.

28. JBR
    10:22 pm March 8, 2013 Permalink

27…I agree, but leaving those guys on the floor have gotten us nothing so far. So, why won’t Cal use that last-ditch tool. Take a few losses on purpose, at least in hopes of it lighting a fire. If it doesn’t, then we lost nothing anyway, but at least tried. Of course, it is too late for that now, but it should have been done in the middle of the season. I coach at a much lower level (obviously), and even a different sport…but I had a team that had that extremely weak attitude, and one of the best things I did that year was I quit on them one game. I turned the tables on them…told them if they were going to quit on me, then I’d return the favor. I sat there, did not say a word, didn’t call a play, nothing. We got smoked…but leaders developed, and things gradually improved. Something drastic like that may or may not help, but it is obvious Cal doesn’t have any other answers.

29. Michael F. Jox
    10:39 pm March 8, 2013 Permalink

Awwww thanks, Dewayne Peevy

30. 3 goggles
    10:57 pm March 8, 2013 Permalink

23, aka yak attack, if you’re serious about giving the tickets away I will take them… If you are ill give you my contact info and we can work it out.

31. StandUpBlueHairs
    11:51 pm March 8, 2013 Permalink

Hey Yakattack…I’d love to have those tix if u still have em.

32. Get Up
    11:56 pm March 8, 2013 Permalink

It’s going to take more than standing up the last 8 minutes from the fans. We get a dunk…get loud. When they are shooting free throws…get loud. If we go a couple of possesions without scoring…get up. Cause a turnover…get loud. Get a block…get loud. Now Cal, you have to get this bunch to play smart and play with heart. We’ll be ready, will you?

33. Yakattack
    12:46 am March 9, 2013 Permalink

Standup bluehairs. Hit me up on twitter @iluvsazeracs for those tix.

34. Mark Liptak
    12:50 am March 9, 2013 Permalink

Ally:

It could help if they are within a few points at the eight minute mark. If they are down 20 it won’t matter one iota.

Mark Liptak