John Calipari and Championship Trophy To Take a Tour of Kentucky

tour

John Calipari is going to finally make his trip from Pikeville to Paducah. On Thursday and Friday, Calipari and the National Championship Trophy will take a bus/train tour across the state. Here are the list of cities that will be visited on each day.

Thursday, April 12th
Ashland, KY: Kroger (1:00-2:00 pm ET)
711 Martin Luther King Blvd.
Ashland, KY 41101
606.325.8231

Thursday, April 12th
Pikeville, KY: Expo Center Main Street Plaza (3:00-4:00 pm ET)
Billy Johnson Stage
126 Main Street
Pikeville, KY 41501-1144
606.444.5500

Thursday, April 12th
Hazard, KY: Perry County Park (5:00-6:00 pm ET)
354 Perry Park Road
Hazard, KY 41701-9522
888.857.5263

On Friday, the staff will board a train in Nicholasville, Ky. that will take them through Midway, Ky. at 11:05 a.m. and arrive in Frankfort, Ky. at 11:45 a.m.

Friday, April 13th
Frankfort, KY: Old Capitol Annex (11:45 am-12:45 pm ET)
300 West Broadway

Paducah, KY 42001
270.444.0596

(TROPHY ONLY)
Saturday, April 14th
at Verizon Wireless
Lexington:
Hamburg (10:00 am — 2:00 pm ET)
1895 Vendor Way
Lexington, KY 40509
859.264.9582

(TROPHY ONLY)
Saturday, April 14th
at Verizon Wireless
Louisville:
Old Brownsboro Crossing (4:00 pm — 7:00 pm ET)
4830 Norton Healthcare Blvd.
Lexington, KY 40222
502.339.4949

Article written by Matt Jones

60 Comments for John Calipari and Championship Trophy To Take a Tour of Kentucky

1. ktmiln2
    10:58 pm April 10, 2012 Permalink

Amazing! A tour across the state that doesn’t go to Northern Kentucky.

2. Ranger Boats
    10:59 pm April 10, 2012 Permalink

Do you have to buy tickets?

3. IPhone
    11:00 pm April 10, 2012 Permalink

Will AT&T customers be welcome to attend?

4. John Short
    11:02 pm April 10, 2012 Permalink

Will I be going on the Kroger stops?

5. Jimi Hendrix
    11:03 pm April 10, 2012 Permalink

Since there are only 3-4 Ky boys on this team, you would think that they would at least go to their hometowns. No stop at Madisonville for Jon Hood? Disappointed a little.

6. CM Punk
    11:03 pm April 10, 2012 Permalink

Man this sucks. Us Northern Kentucky people get the shaft on these things. There ARE UK fans up here!

7. Gus Chiggins
    11:04 pm April 10, 2012 Permalink

Cant believe he’s not stopping in bg

8. slappy
    11:05 pm April 10, 2012 Permalink

Ahhh, when’s it go through Lexington & Louisville?

9. Charlie
    11:07 pm April 10, 2012 Permalink

“I can’t believe he’s not going to every city on the state map!!! I mean he won a Championship, but I’m still going to complain.”—every person who comments

10. jaaaaayyy
    11:08 pm April 10, 2012 Permalink

Amazing. Coach cal is in no way obligated or expected to do this. There aren’t many other coaches who would do this. There are some, but not many. Kudos to him.

What’s disappointing, but not surprising, is that there are folks finding something to complain about in all of this. UnKudos to you.

11. Melissa
    11:08 pm April 10, 2012 Permalink

It’s not physically possible to drive a bus from downtown Ashland to Pikeville in less than one hour. I know, because I make that trip quite frequently in my car. It’s a 2 hour trip minimum.

12. F THIS TEAM!
    11:10 pm April 10, 2012 Permalink

No Wal-Mart? Pass!

13. macon_volfan
    11:12 pm April 10, 2012 Permalink

He is literally going from Pikeville to Paducah.

14. GrumpyOldDude
    11:14 pm April 10, 2012 Permalink

Just typical…..even money says any barnstorming tours never make it north of Lexington either. Someone give the UK PR people a map of the state with a big circle around the northern Ky region.

15. kywildcat
    11:14 pm April 10, 2012 Permalink

No London, Corbin or Somerset..
    Thats stupid alot of populated areas in southeastern ky

16. Sheesh!
    11:15 pm April 10, 2012 Permalink

Anybody know what the 3rd largest city in the state is? Oh that’s right Greater Cincinnati!

17. Ed
    11:16 pm April 10, 2012 Permalink

Anybody know what ever happens to the crystal ball trophy or what was once the sears trophy awarded to the champs at the breakfast following the national championship game?

18. Ed
    11:17 pm April 10, 2012 Permalink

*happened

19. BigBlue
    11:23 pm April 10, 2012 Permalink

He can’t stop at every city in the state…quite complaining.

20. UKBlue
    11:28 pm April 10, 2012 Permalink

The last city is a typo, it should say Louisville not Lexington.

21. Mike
    11:33 pm April 10, 2012 Permalink

It should be Louisville, 40241 for the Old Brownsboro Crossing destination

22. Jayinthemiddle
    11:34 pm April 10, 2012 Permalink

No Northern KY?

23. Kroger Guy
    11:45 pm April 10, 2012 Permalink

#TheRealOccupyKroger

24. Eastern Kentuckry high school hero
    12:11 am April 11, 2012 Permalink

Are they gonna have t-shirts? All they got is xxl left down here. Will they take a picture with my brother he sure would like that. I wished Anthony jones would come.

25. UofLOL
    12:11 am April 11, 2012 Permalink

They literally chose the shittiest building in Paducah to go to. Why would they want to go to Ghetto Mart?

26. There is no Eric Gustofson
    12:22 am April 11, 2012 Permalink

NKY never gets any love

27. Shamrock11
    12:24 am April 11, 2012 Permalink

Please add Florence, KY as a stop.

28. UKfanFelicia
    12:26 am April 11, 2012 Permalink

Living between Ashland and Pikeville, all I got to say is if he plans to be in Pikeville an hour after leaving Ashland he must be on a really fast bus/train.

29. Karen
    12:27 am April 11, 2012 Permalink

Coach Cal so gets it! Will be seeing the tour in Paducah. When can we start camping out?

30. yevkazim
    12:33 am April 11, 2012 Permalink

once again, NKy is left out. Seems like the BBN of NKy forgotten all too often

31. AuburnCat
    12:37 am April 11, 2012 Permalink

No London or Somerset? Get outta here

32. dukes_of_maggard
    1:23 am April 11, 2012 Permalink

quit crying…If I were Cal I’d never do anything like this because if he doesn’t bring it by your dumb house and read you a bedtime story and tuck you into sleep you get your panties in a wad…

33. Dr. Walker
    1:27 am April 11, 2012 Permalink

I guess the forth largest city in the state doesn’t count. Not sure WHO determined where the bus would and would not go, but yuo would think population would have something to do with it. Guess not!? Maybe Bowling Green is just too much ‘out of the way’.

34. ForgottenButNotGone
    1:28 am April 11, 2012 Permalink

This is just like the Civil War… #NKY

35. Bowling Green
    6:55 am April 11, 2012 Permalink

33) We’re the 3rd largest city in the state now.

36. Wlmoco
    7:20 am April 11, 2012 Permalink

Whoever has any pull or knows anyone related or in the kentucky tour. should reroute them to where the tornado hit a while back.. like west liberty or louisville, and anywhere else.. that would lift their spirit.

37. josh
    7:39 am April 11, 2012 Permalink

Anybody know what happened to the big crystal basketball trophy they used to give out? Do they still do that?

38. GrumpyOldDude
    7:41 am April 11, 2012 Permalink

Clearly, those of you who tell us in NKY to “quit complaining” live near Lex or one of the cities on the tour. NKY is CONSTANTLY left out of every “barnstorming” tour UK coaches and teams do annually and we’re frankly fed up with it. There are tens of thousands of UK fans in the NKY region and we have to put up with fans from UC/XU/IU/OSU/UL up here….a little love from UK IMG would be nice for a fricking change….

39. Royalman
    8:07 am April 11, 2012 Permalink

38- you are right us NKY diehard fans continually have to fight with the XU, Cinci, OSU crowd as well as the occasionaly UL, and as we all know many of them HATE UK.

40. NKY guy
    8:36 am April 11, 2012 Permalink

Yea sucks northern KY got left out but who cares Cals got recruiting to do. I will drive south, no big deal.

41. Three Counties at the top
    8:43 am April 11, 2012 Permalink

Where is the NKY Stop?

42. Three Counties at the top
    8:44 am April 11, 2012 Permalink

I guess its true, the NKY isn’t KY and we aren’t Cincinnati. We are our own island.

43. CA
    8:49 am April 11, 2012 Permalink

What does it mean “Trophy Only”

44. RUPPS_rhetoric
    8:57 am April 11, 2012 Permalink

43) Means Cal wont be there. Man I live in Nunsuch and Cal isn’t stopping there… WAHHHH WAHHHH. Quit crying people. People in NKY, we get it, you guys are ignored. Get over it. Get in your car and drive and quit complaining. Good GOD we just won a National Championship! Tubby didn’t do this, Rick didn’t do this. If you want to go, drive somewhere he’s going to be and quit bitching. I hate to bash UK fans, I love you all, but some of you sound like a bunch of little whinny brats. GO CATS!

45. CA
    9:10 am April 11, 2012 Permalink

44. Thanks – I wasn’t sure what that meant. I am glad that Coach Cal is taking the time to do this – I love it!

46. GrumpyOldDude
    9:16 am April 11, 2012 Permalink

44 – You can cram your “whiny” comments, junior. I’ve been following the Cats since the early 70’s and NOT ONCE has a barnstorming tour ever come closer than Lexington. Some of us with jobs and businesses to mind can’t blithely take a day off to drive an hour or more south when tens of thousands of fans in this area should be given the courtesy of a visit. I recognize Cal for doing this extra bit, but guarantee that without someone hearing the complaining now, the players’ games will bypass us yet again.

47. N Ky
    9:36 am April 11, 2012 Permalink

Hi all. I’m just here to complain. This (whatever it is) sux!!!

48. Owensboro
    10:09 am April 11, 2012 Permalink

35. Only when you count the students at western. we still got it

49. Covered in Blue
    10:20 am April 11, 2012 Permalink

I think it would have been nice if they came to nky but that’s the way it goes. I had my picture taken with Tubby and the trophy in Newport. I also remember Tubby and that other coach doing a radio show in Florence. I am not pissed or hurt just disappointed that we are going to miss out.

50. gameday
    10:31 am April 11, 2012 Permalink

I cannot believe he isn’t coming to Booneville, Kentucky blah blah blah. I have to drive an hour and a half to still be nowhere in every direction. If you want to see him and the trophy just get in your car and drive.

51. RUPPS_rhetoric
    10:36 am April 11, 2012 Permalink

GrumpyOldDude: There are 120 Counties in Kentucky, and they’re only stopping in 9. GET OVER IT! Boone, Kenton, and Campbell Counties are no more important than Pulaski, Russell, Wayne. And I’m sorry you have a job that you can’t get off from. My guess is there are a lot of people in those counties that they are stopping who don’t have jobs and would gladly trade places with you. Again, I’m sorry for you guys, but stop and listen to what you are complaining about; it’s petty and trite.

52. Jon C
    11:32 am April 11, 2012 Permalink

OK, someone tell me how he gets from Ashland to Pikeville in one hour?

53. Raymond
    12:19 pm April 11, 2012 Permalink

#52 … It’s easy, multiple busses and trophies. Who will ever know!!??

54. GrumpyOldDude
    12:37 pm April 11, 2012 Permalink

51 – You can cram it too…..the population in this area probably whips those 9 counties by several thousand folks. Call it what you want, if you look above, I’m FAR from the only northern Kentuckian disappointed yet again!

55. PADUCAHTILGHMANHIGHSCHOOLSTUDENT
    12:42 pm April 11, 2012 Permalink

Soo i wonder, will the basketball team be visiting also? Gawsh I would absolutley LOVE to see Twany! I LOVE YOU GUYS (Uk basketball team)

56. PaducahTilghmanHishSchoolStudent
    12:44 pm April 11, 2012 Permalink

I will be there at kroger’s early as ever! Great job wildcats! Although Louisville is awesome too.

57. mj44
    12:56 pm April 11, 2012 Permalink

I am so disappointed I could cry–why not a stop in Northern Kentucky–what are we chopped liver? Come on UK we are part of the Commonwealth. Shame on you UK!!!!!!

58. KENTUCKY(NOT JUST LEXINGTON) FAN
    2:41 pm April 11, 2012 Permalink

UK used to play one game per year at US bank arena in Cincy, but have since stopped. Ever since then, we have been forgotten completely. I would argue that UK fans in NKY are some of the most loyal and diehard as we have to contend with obnoxious fans of so many other schools such as UC. UC doesnt sound like much to deal with now, but back in the day Bobby Huggins had some very very good teams while we stagnated at above-average with Tubby. Everyday I went to school after a UK loss, i was absolutely miserable and wanted to knock everyone wearing UC garbage on their a**. I think every other NKY fan will identify with me. Possibly the only other fans in the state that feel our pain are those UK fans in Louisville, except they still get quite a bit of attention. And for everyone saying that we are whining like babies because they arent coming here…dude…you live in Booneville and other assorted tiny towns. We are the third most populous area in KY, we complete the Golden Triangle. THis is not a big deal, beacause Cal didn’t have to do this at all, but it would be very nice in the future if NKY got just a little bit of love now and then, thats all I’m asking. We get ignored in everything KY. I was at the sweet sixteen a few years ago when my alma mater made it, and all I heard from the people behind us is that they didn’t want those “Ohio Boys” winning the tournament. Trust me, we are not Ohio by any stretch, and it infuriates me when I am counted as one of them.

59. Bowling Green
    3:11 pm April 11, 2012 Permalink

48) According to the 2010 Census, Bowling Green had a population of 58,067 and Owensboro had a population of 57,265. Whether or not some of those are WKU students is irrelevant.

60. GrumpyOldDude