Joe Lunardi’s latest Bracketology for “0-1 Cats”

We learned earlier this week from Matt’s escapades at the Mock Selection event that Kentucky was going to have its work cut out in order to make the 68 team field. Joe Lunardi’s latest bracketology update, which occured late last night, doesn’t prove to be any more favorable for Kentucky’s chances. “It will be the 0-1 Cats that will be evaluated by the NCAA Selection Committee, not the 17-7 version,” stated Lunardi on Kentucky post-Nerlels Noel. I’m not sure it matters which version you choose to evaluate. The pre-Nerlens Noel injury Cats were either barely in, or barely out depending on who you asked. The post-Nerlens Noel Cats tanked the first opportunity to prove themselves as worthy of inclusion in the field.

As of this moment, Joe Lunardi has Kentucky as one of his “First Four Out.” Kentucky is joined on that list by Temple, Indiana State and Maryland. The “Last Four In” at the moment are Virginia, Arizona State, Villanova and California.

Article written by Ally Tucker

I once successfully requested "The Wobble" to be played 6 times at one wedding.

44 Comments for Joe Lunardi’s latest Bracketology for “0-1 Cats”

1. chris
    11:33 am February 17, 2013 Permalink

nah, we shouldn’t be in. unless some miracle happens and these kids play the rest of the season completely differently than they’ve played the first 75% of the season, then they shouldn’t be in.

2. squirrel
    11:35 am February 17, 2013 Permalink

we ain’t gettin’ in. i think it’s pretty clear by now that more than one guy on this team has quit on cal. you all know who they are.

3. bung
    11:42 am February 17, 2013 Permalink

We could still win the sec tourney and get in with Wiltjer, Hood, Mays, Polson, Willie, Poythress, Lanter, Malone…

4. Al's IndiCats
    11:48 am February 17, 2013 Permalink

I don’t see us making it either. To be honest I don’t think we’d win a game. I rather see us just wake up next October and say “It was just a HORRIBLE dream Auntie Em”

5. 2 Cool 4 Skool
    11:49 am February 17, 2013 Permalink

I understand that much emphasis should be put on how the Cats play without Noel, but that doesn’t mean that every positive thing they did before his injury should be discounted.

6. It Is Time
    11:50 am February 17, 2013 Permalink

Wow, so much excitement at the beginning of the season. Now, just get the season over. Allowing Harrow back on the team, when he left, destroyed this team. Really, no leadership on this team.

7. Matt Jones' Sweaty Gym Shorts
    11:54 am February 17, 2013 Permalink

I found this really neat link about the Cayts. You guys should read how much Cayts fans really like and respect Coach Cal as a coach in general, not just of Kentucky. #sarcasm

8. mudcreekmark
    11:57 am February 17, 2013 Permalink

KSR needs to stop with the NCAA tourney thing. We didn’t deserve a bid when Noel was playing and we sure aren’t worthy of a spot now. If we cannot be these horrible SEC teams, who can we beat?

9. Ky_99
    11:57 am February 17, 2013 Permalink

All you bandwagon pessimistic fans need to cut the crap. This team looked horrible on Saturday. You do realize they had less than 48 hours to put together a completely different game plan that did my involve the best player on the team. I hoped they would rally as well against ut but it didn’t happen. We don’t play until Wednesday so lets see if they can pick themselves up off the mat and keep fighting. I don’t know if they can or not but stop writing this team off!

10. mudcreekmark
    11:58 am February 17, 2013 Permalink

If you believe we will get into the tourney you must also believe in Santa Claus.

11. BurnerTurner5
    12:00 pm February 17, 2013 Permalink

Who in the hell are we kidding? This team isn’t good enough to make the N.I.T.!!!

12. Just Good Ole LOL Again
    12:01 pm February 17, 2013 Permalink

My favorite thing is how Tom Leach still practically dirties his drawers when this offle team makes a layup while down by 35 and 4 minutes left. He’s like “Polson drives and LAYS IT IN! A LAYUP!! HE’S IN DOUBLE FIGURES!! A LAYUP!” Also, check out this link about the Cayts!.

13. jr53
    12:01 pm February 17, 2013 Permalink

OK “The Forgetables, or “The Uncoachables” are really not the type of players Kentucky is all about. I mean Swan Woods got it right even before he coached against us this year. He was spot on, but he was a TRUE Wildcat….Cant wait for next year and football this year…GO FUTURE CATS!!!!

14. jr53
    12:02 pm February 17, 2013 Permalink

Sorry meant Sean Woods…….

15. Some Guy in Kentucky
    12:03 pm February 17, 2013 Permalink

Harrow looked very good against UL, at UL. What has happened to his game?

16. mudcreekmark
    12:04 pm February 17, 2013 Permalink

9)This team has looked horrible most of the season. The games we played our best,we lost.(Duke, Louisville)You do realize that these are the worse SEC teams in the history of the SEC, right?That is not being a ban wagon fan that is just being real.If you believe otherwise then you need to take off the blue shades. I love UK and will watch every game no matter how bad we’re playing, just like I have watched UK football for 50 years. But the truth is the truth. I guess you thought our football team could have beaten Alabama at the end of the year, right? Oh, no you say? Then you must be a ban wagon fan. Our team is just not very good. That cannot change because our players are not very good. I bet one thing though, they better beat us this year and enjoy it because this will never happen again as long as Cal is here and that is a guarantee.

17. sunnycat
    12:05 pm February 17, 2013 Permalink

After the Cats get bounced in the first round of the SEC tourney Bridgestone Arena will have more people on the court than in the stands.

18. mudcreekmark
    12:08 pm February 17, 2013 Permalink

15) I think his confidence is again back down to where it was at the first of the year. I think he is a little fragile on the mental part of the game. I think he is the kind that needs that positive reinforcement all the time or he gets down on himself. People are getting on to him right now pretty hard but if they would stop and remember he played really good for about 6 or 7 games in a row.

19. Paul Jordan
    12:09 pm February 17, 2013 Permalink

20. TruthHurts
    12:13 pm February 17, 2013 Permalink

KY_99 It doesn’t take a game plan to have an effort. Yes, there are bandwagon fans for every major program but in the BBN we just have high standards. Cal himself called us just that, “the gold standard.” So, it is not being pessimistic or a band wagoner to expect more. These guys choose to come here and it is a once and a lifetime opportunity to play for UK. Quite sugar coating everything and make these kids accept responsibility. You want the rock star life then you gotta be willing to own the stage. Kentucky isn’t for everyone and unfortunately that includes many on this team!

21. R. Smith
    12:17 pm February 17, 2013 Permalink

First four out is about as close as we’re going to get to the NCAA tournament now

22. Ok Little Baby
    12:19 pm February 17, 2013 Permalink

OK,#7, and 19. Since you are the same person, and need the attention of others to get by, here it is. Now you can go back and suck on your baba….

23. BurnerTurner5
    12:19 pm February 17, 2013 Permalink

What’s up with #7,#12 and #19. Are you trying to run off Cal. Did you forget Elete 8,Final Four and National Freakin Championship his first three years? Thankfully he doesn’t pay attention to stupidity. Yes this year sucks bad. But come on. If he bombs again next year with what he has coming in then you might be on to something. I think this group has very little heart and even less basketball IQ.

24. sunnycat
    12:20 pm February 17, 2013 Permalink

UK has three types of fans 1. The always optimistic no matter what even with BCG as coach 2. The sky is falling WIN or LOSE 3. The very small group of fans that are objective and call it like we see it. I fall in group 3. If you dont like what I Have say dont call me “fair weather” nothing could be further from the truth. This group just hasnt panned out like we hoped and I think its more of a team chemistry issue than talent. Not to take anything away from Polson but if a walk on can take minutes from Harrow and Goodwin then something is WRONG. And Poythress is lazy as hell and maybe Wendys in Clarksville will hire him back because that is where is motivation level is. I would rather lose with Harrow, Goodwin and Poythress on the bench at least the other guys give effort.

25. Licamo katz
    12:21 pm February 17, 2013 Permalink

Cal has lost this team and has no answer. He should just bench AG, AP and RH and plan for next year.

26. Cat Fan in Georgia
    12:23 pm February 17, 2013 Permalink

21- We’re not even that close, based on what Jerry Palm is saying (and I value his opinion more than Lunardi’s).

27. bung
    12:25 pm February 17, 2013 Permalink

I just hope Coach Cal shows them who the boss is and doesn’t start Alex, Archie or Ryan. I mean come on…what would coach Rupp or Joe B. do with these guys except bench them and accept whatever happens…

28. sunnycat
    12:25 pm February 17, 2013 Permalink

18. Harrow is weak period. If he needs his ass kissed to play well he needs to just move on. We got NOTHING from Harrow today 1to and 5fouls.

29. Mike
    12:26 pm February 17, 2013 Permalink

UT routs UK…that is just one of the national lines. The national media is having a fielday watching us go thru this busted season. I have an idea, and demonstrated performance, that we the people of BBN are taking this harder than our so called team. The new name of the team should be the “Quitters”. I second the opinion that AG, AP, and RH should be benched.

30. UK96
    12:26 pm February 17, 2013 Permalink

That seems unfair to discount all but 7 games…I guess that is why Syracuse routinely lies about late season injuries until selections come out.

31. Mike
    12:27 pm February 17, 2013 Permalink

24. Sunnycat….You are the truth teller my friend and I honor your your definition of fair weather friend.

32. Paducah
    12:31 pm February 17, 2013 Permalink

How about the “Uncoachables”?

33. Saunders
    12:31 pm February 17, 2013 Permalink

Harlem Shake – Kentucky Sports Radio

34. Mike
    12:31 pm February 17, 2013 Permalink

The bandwagon is getting bigger…everyone is out to bury these Cats….sad thing is there are 3 members of current team that have the same wish. Say it isn’t so….this is not UK BB.

35. bung
    12:33 pm February 17, 2013 Permalink

35) you are right about being full of crap…

36. sunnycat
    12:35 pm February 17, 2013 Permalink

And I am sick of hearing “they are just 18 year old kids dont criticize them” They came to KY for big time college hoops and a chance to go pro. If we cant criticize them now can a coach or GM criticize them this time next year when they are 19 years old and millionaires. That is whats wrong with society now everyone is so afraid they may offend or hurt someones feelings. I say suck it up and move on THATS LIFE.

37. Just Good Ole Lol Again
    12:40 pm February 17, 2013 Permalink

or anyone who missed it, here’s a really interesting read about the relationship between Cayts fans and Coach Cal.

38. Just Good Ole Lol Again
    12:51 pm February 17, 2013 Permalink

I don’t get enough attention from my Mommy! Pleeze give me some here. I am just a little weasel lookin’ fer love.

39. Just Good Ole Lol Again
    12:54 pm February 17, 2013 Permalink

Look at Me. Listen to Me!

40. BurnerTurner5
    1:15 pm February 17, 2013 Permalink

I’ve spent the last two games watching the opposing team laughing at our team. If these guys have noticed that and don;t have enough pride to do something about it, well then that pretty much sums up this season and most of these players.

41. ky_99
    1:26 pm February 17, 2013 Permalink

Well does anybody have 3 tickets they want to sell for next saturdays game? If so respond on here and i will send you my email

42. RealCatsFan
    1:33 pm February 17, 2013 Permalink

Yes, it would not have affected the final outcome a whole lot, but I have to comment on the absolute travesty that was the officiating crew from that game. UK would have lost that game anyway the way they played, but it didn’t help them any to have to play 5 on 8. From a possession arrow that was awarded to UT when it should have been UK’s ball, to a couple of very questionable technical fouls, to a plethora of ticky tack calls against the Cats when UT is allowed to hack and bump their opponents all over the court, I have to say that I am sick and tired of the state of officiating in college basketball. No, I am not blaming the loss on the refs, but that does not excuse how bad these officials are these days. And yes, I am aware that the Cats get some calls in their favor too. The game has just gotten out of control with all of the hacks, reach-ins and bumps that used to be fouls ten years ago, and now are allowed to happen. Sick and tired of all the flops in today’s game as well. It’s almost enough to make the game unwatchable.

43. Bunny
    2:14 pm February 17, 2013 Permalink

The Cats were neutered when Nerlens went down. We lost the heart and soul of our Team. I’ve seen more balls on a parakeet than yesterday’s Cats.

Let’s face it, we don’t play hard enough and are poor on defense. What’s left of our team is simply too immature and uncommitted to make the NCAA tournament. Unlike most programs, we do have next year to look forward to. The talent infusion will be unprecedented!

44. Call me Crazy
    2:43 pm February 17, 2013 Permalink

I may be nuts…but I see us winning the next three at home…getting beat easily by Arkansas and a dogfight win at Georgia…setting us up for a showdown, a basic play in game with Florida at home…5-1 down the stretch would do it…could we beat Florida if it comes down to that game?