If you know the name Jesco White, you were probably excited when you read the title of this post. If you are not aware of the “Dancing Outlaw” from Boone County, West Virginia, then you need to take a few minutes to watch these videos:
This is what we’re up against tomorrow, my friends.
Now, some quick morning notes:
– Shelby Valley’s basketball team was featured in an article on ESPN.com yesterday; nice recognition for those kids following a tremendous season
– One of the 2-3 teams that I felt could give Kentucky a test in the NCAA Tournament lost last night when Butler dropped Syracuse; it’s certainly no given, but UK is in prime position to reach the Final Four and more
– I forgot to mention yesterday that Bowling Green’s Chane Behanan has picked up another high-major offer; he took a visit to UK last season for a football game and while he doesn’t have a UK offer at this point, he’s worth keeping an eye on for 2011
Behanan does have offers from: Purdue, Louisville, Mississippi State, Western Kentucky, Oklahoma State, Cincinnati and West Virginia.
– New Auburn coach Tony Barbee says he’s coming to get Calipari and Kentucky; good luck with that.
Barbee, a former Calipari player, stated:
“We’re going right after Kentucky,” Barbee said, “and we’re going right after coach Calipari.”
– John Calipari could be in line for a $650,000 bonus if the Cats win a championship this season; no wonder he’s working so hard on the sidelines!