Jersey Shore Season 4’s Friday News and Views

Let’s just throw it out there… I watched it. You watched it. I’m talking about the fourth season premier of Jersey Shore. Ronnie, Snookie, Sammy, Deena, J-Woww, Pauly D, and The Situation went to Italy, and when they did, they stole one hour of all of our lives Thursday night. That’s one hour we’ll never get back. Are you proud of that? I’m not. Let’s quit talking about it.

Who wants News with a side of Views? Open wide.

— Thursday was just like every other day this week – Kentucky added a football commitment. Three-star defensive end Langston Newton from Indianapolis committed to the Cats. Rivals.com says he was recruited by Chuck Smith, but I bet his older brother Morgan played a significant role in the recruitment. Morgan Newton’s 6-foot-5, 240-pound baby bro was the fifth pickup for UK football this week. Joker and his staff are rolling.

— We could be seeing a change to the way some things are done in the basketball recruiting world. The NCAA Leadership Council met up in their secret lair in Indianapolis and discussed ways to improve summer basketball recruiting. This is what they all agreed on, according to NCAA.com:

– A start date for official visits beginning after the men’s basketball championship in April of the junior year.

– Deregulating the type of communication between coaches and prospects (including text messaging and other forms of electronic communication).

– Allowing unlimited communication after Aug. 1 before the junior year in high school.

– Permitting evaluations at certified nonscholastic events on two weekends in April, with some restrictions.

– Permitting some contact at a prospect’s educational institution in conjunction with an evaluation, with some restrictions and requirements.

None of it is official, but the NCAA is making progress. The council still has to organize everything into cute little PowerPoint slides and present it to the NCAA Board of Directors in a few months in their board room made of gold and the souls of student-athletes.

— Coach Cal wants you to know that he’s got no beef with Mike Krewzewszkzi. CBS started spreading the vicious rumor after Coach Cal made a comment on the radio about coaches and phone calls. Here’s what he said: “You have coaches getting fired over phone calls and texts messages – some. Other guys can make phone calls and it’s not that big of a deal.” Disappointing, right? Like Beisner said earlier, if Cal wanted to take shots, he’d take shots. This is nothing. If Calipari wanted to go at Mike Kzzewskiskki, he would’ve gone at him harder than a Christian Laettner body stomp. No ‘Kaboom’ here.

— The first USA Today Coaches Football Poll was released Thursday. Kentucky was not in the Top 25.

— According to ZagsBlog, DaJuan Coleman will be in Lexington for Big Blue Madness on October 15. The Cats are still very high on the big man’s list, but he has added Ohio State to what was just a two-way race for his basketball services. Whenever Coleman announces, I want to see him put on a UK hat and then spike a basketball at the Ohio State hat. That’s what we do to Buckeyes.

— I still can’t believe we watched Jersey Shore last night.

— UK football needs your help and you don’t have to get off the couch to do it. UK Athletics has requested assistance in selecting a playlist for Commonwealth Stadium this season. Send all your favorite hype songs to ‘[email protected]and let’s get this party started. I’ve already sent emails from ten different email accounts with my top three: (1) Notorious BIG – Juicy, (2) Notorious BIG – Juicy, and (3) Notorious BIG – Juicy. I ask that you do the same to make sure this happens. Every Saturday Rap Attack, Mr. Magic, Marley Marl.

— Speaking of UK football, the players reported to camp Thursday and Cat Scratches has a video from the first day. Players and coaches will meet with the media Friday morning and then jump right into the first practice of the season in the afternoon. 26 days…

— Sad news out of LSU today as Steve Kragthorpe stepped down as LSU’s offensive coordinator after a diagnosis of Parkinson’s disease. Kragthorpe will remain on the staff but he’ll take a lesser role with the team. Best wishes to him and his family.

That’s all for now. Matt will be doing the radio show from Media Day so expect a great show with a lot of guests. Until then, here’s Darius Miller representing the United States of America…

Article written by Drew Franklin

38 Comments for Jersey Shore Season 4’s Friday News and Views

1. tdogg4033011
    12:07 am August 5, 2011 Permalink

CATS will start 4-0 and crack the top 25 this year !!!!

2. Gillespies Tab
    12:16 am August 5, 2011 Permalink

Lots of teams will start 4-0, unfortunately when your playing 4 teams not ranked in the top 50 why would that make you be in the top 25?

3. Jason
    12:20 am August 5, 2011 Permalink

2 – Maybe if you cared to pay attention, we play florida for our 4th game. But nice try.

4. PayUp
    12:33 am August 5, 2011 Permalink

Never watched Jersey Shore. One of the unmanliest things you can do. If you feel an urge just go to the DVR and watch the UK vs.UL basketball game from last season.

5. Vinny from Jersey Shore
    1:07 am August 5, 2011 Permalink

Dude!? You left me out! ..douchebag.

6. Wes
    1:21 am August 5, 2011 Permalink

Come on, Drew…jersey shore? Your better than that.

7. WestCrest Joe
    1:36 am August 5, 2011 Permalink

Nope, never ever watched an episode of Jersey Shore, never will. They all look super creepy, even worse than Southern Parkway Girls…

8. TT
    2:59 am August 5, 2011 Permalink

How can you forget Vinny?!?!

9. tdogg4033011
    6:19 am August 5, 2011 Permalink

3) thank you … one in every crowd.

10. Barry Obama
    6:21 am August 5, 2011 Permalink

Who cares about all this crap? The big July jobs numbers come out at 8:30. I’m as nervous as a whore in Church. If unemployment goes above 9.2 and we didn’t create at least 100,000 jobs for July, I’m toast. If we get bad data, the selloff will be on again today. Who will feed my beautiful wife Michelle if I get canned?

11. SexnNursinHomes
    6:45 am August 5, 2011 Permalink

Jersey Shore? Those chick’s legs are absolutely disgusting. Thanks for ruining my morning Drew.

12. rainman
    7:21 am August 5, 2011 Permalink

NO I didn’t watch it, never watched it, never will watch it!!!
    I’d say that just about covers it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. Big Blue Barber
    7:38 am August 5, 2011 Permalink

We need to can these idiotic “News and views” on KSR. Most of it is hogwash glorifying moronic tv stars. Who cares???Let’s talk cats cats cats instead of Matts liberal news and views on anything……todays tv is for idiots….fill your head with gunk. Why doesn’t Matt start a seperate news and views site and see how many of us visit it?

14. Big Blue Barber
    7:44 am August 5, 2011 Permalink

We need to can “News and views” on KSR. It’s almost all moronic tv stars and WHO CARES???? Lets talk cats cats cats and dump Matts liberal news and views on anything. Yesterday it was Martin Sheen……MARTIN SSSSSHEEN. Are you kidding? Hey Matt Start your own liberal news and views site and see how many of us visit it……..cats cats cates MARTIN SSHHHHHHEEEEEN!!!

15. Big Blue Barber
    7:46 am August 5, 2011 Permalink

16. Manbearpig
    7:58 am August 5, 2011 Permalink

I like what Robert Downey Jr. had to say about Jersey Shore…http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svwGRJA28lY

17. Thomas Beisner
    8:00 am August 5, 2011 Permalink

13-15 = Once, twice, three times a pu$$y.

And yesterday’s News and Views was Geno Auriemma. Show him some respect!!!!

18. What A Tool
    8:10 am August 5, 2011 Permalink

13 14 15, Faux News is waiting on you. The News and Views are one of the best features about KSR. You are a dumb ass.

19. Big Blue Barber
    8:28 am August 5, 2011 Permalink

Lets can this “NEW AND VIEWS” hogwash and talk cats cats cats…Yesterday it was Martin SSSHHHEEEn…..Who cares????? Dump the liberal news and views….MARTIN SSSHHHEEEEENNNN watsa matta beis….can’t handle an opposing view?

20. Al's IndiCats
    8:30 am August 5, 2011 Permalink

I can honestly say I’ve never seen “Joy-sey Sho-a” and after seeing the one fat assed orange chick on Leno, I can drop on my knees and thank the good Lord for making me so lazy to turn the remote to it.
    I was Temporary Duty while in the AF in New Jersey back in the mid 70s, and to this day I always wondered why we never gave that state to either England or let Russia have it. I would’ve said Samolia, but those poor folks have enough to worry about.

21. KSR Spy
    8:36 am August 5, 2011 Permalink

#20 – I hear you on that one. Took a trip to Philly recently and loved it. While, I was there we went to Jersey to hit the beach. I have been to about 30 states. I can safely say, New Jersey is the worst state I have ever been to, hands down.

22. duhville cat
    8:43 am August 5, 2011 Permalink

17) Ha! Wow Beez….. tell em’ bro! lmao!

23. BoogiemanCrush
    8:51 am August 5, 2011 Permalink

Haha 7 thats so true lol, and Jersey Shore blows balls come on Drew, do we need to have a talk, I know you have the Ohio St. Game on the DVR so you should have just watched that!

24. Fiscal Sanity
    8:53 am August 5, 2011 Permalink

Average Conservative KSR Reader: “Matt you are a liberal, take your views somewhere else, just talk about the Cats. You suck and are a socialist who hates America, and are probably a terrorist.” (But with worse grammar, punctuation, and sentence structure, and ignoring the fact that Matt Jones didn’t write the post that caused the tirade)

Average Liberal KSR Reader: Ha ha ha…you watch Faux News, stupid conservative. Go listen to Rush Limbaugh, he got addicted to drugs once, and therefore your views are wrong. Also, you are brainwashed because you don’t agree with me.” (But with worse grammar, punctuation, and sentence structure, and with a smug sense that they are the first to ever call it “Faux News” when it has actually been done 300 million times)

25. Hard Hittin' CAT
    9:01 am August 5, 2011 Permalink

Never watched Jersey Shore, never will.

Get at ’em Tdogg4033011. “CATS start 4-0.” I like your attitude dude.

GO CATS!!!

26. Big Blue Barber sucks
    9:02 am August 5, 2011 Permalink

What’s sad is instead of being able to enjoy News and Views, I have to listen to a maximum douche whiner like you.

27. NOTaRAPfan
    9:11 am August 5, 2011 Permalink

Lyrical Gangbang or Notorious Thugz

28. Kwildcat
    9:12 am August 5, 2011 Permalink

Barry Obama – I hear ya bro. U should be happy with the number I am so underwater shorting the long bond it’s sick….back to the Cats for a moment someone tell Joker to get some beef. We need the Winn Dixie type kids to compete in the SEC. I’m talkin 300 pounders. Find em, bring em in, red shirt em and beef em up. All the skill players in the world can’t help u win — this is not flag football. That being said Go Cats, go (down) long bond, and Drew Jersey Shore sucks big time!!!!!!!

29. B
    9:45 am August 5, 2011 Permalink

13-15 – If you don’t like it, don’t read it. No one here will miss ya!

30. bluegrassbooya
    10:08 am August 5, 2011 Permalink

PLEASE no Jersey Shore references. It just cheapens the entire blog. I have to listen to enough of the reality stuff at work, dont bring it here. UK sports and Jersey Shore trash should not be on the same page.

31. Powerlifter165
    10:28 am August 5, 2011 Permalink

Never watched this show MTV has pretty much sucked the last 15 years or so started downhill fast when they started the Real World/Road Rules BS.

32. lexslamman
    10:52 am August 5, 2011 Permalink

New Jersey hates all these primped up, self-centered New York kids who are on the show ‘Jersey Shore’. NJ is better than that.

33. lexslamman
    10:53 am August 5, 2011 Permalink

10.

Now that the jobs report is out, I’d like to hear what you have to say…

34. Powerlifter165
    10:55 am August 5, 2011 Permalink

What’s sad is that some many people think that Faux is pronounced the same as Fox, kinda like how people pronounce Ver-sales and A-thens.

35. Powerlifter165
    10:57 am August 5, 2011 Permalink

What’s sad is that so many people think that Faux is pronounced the same as Fox, kinda like how people pronounce Ver-sales and A-thens.

36. NBA league pass