Jerry Tipton wants to know where Marquis Teague got his shoes

My Jordans high-top, snapback fitted cap.

Who knew The Good Doctor Jerry Tipton was a sneakerhead? I never would’ve guessed.

Before yesterday’s practice, a media member asked Marquis Teague about his unique shoe selection. That’s a legit question, right? I noticed Teague was wearing low-cut grey shoes against Arkansas-Little Rock — an unusual choice of footwear.

But Jerry Tipton isn’t as concerned about the look of the point guard’s shoes, as much as where he got them.

“Your brother (Atlanta Hawks point guard, Jeff Teague) bought you your last pair of shoes,” he said. “Who bought you these?”

You mad, Jerry?

Article written by Drew Franklin

52 Comments for Jerry Tipton wants to know where Marquis Teague got his shoes

1. mocha
    4:03 pm January 11, 2012 Permalink

what a waste of space tipton is.

2. TooSmart
    4:03 pm January 11, 2012 Permalink

first?!?

3. JT groupie
    4:05 pm January 11, 2012 Permalink

If Jerry Tipton was a man, I’d punch him in the face.

4. RP_McMurphy
    4:05 pm January 11, 2012 Permalink

Just PUNCH him MT. The Wildcatnation will bail you out.

5. Magnifying Glass Need
    4:06 pm January 11, 2012 Permalink

Anybody know what that hat says?

And F|_|CK Tipton.

6. Seriously...
    4:08 pm January 11, 2012 Permalink

…I mean, seriously. WTF is wrong with Tipton?

7. Stan
    4:12 pm January 11, 2012 Permalink

I so hate that fool. I wish all kinds of bad things on him. I hope it is true about Karma, screw you Tipturd!!!!! Dumbass

8. Space between John Hoods jersey and chest
    4:12 pm January 11, 2012 Permalink

Tipton, fo-real? Also, can he get gifts from his bro? You know how the ncaa is on rules….

9. PharmCat
    4:16 pm January 11, 2012 Permalink

Looks like the hat is a Doors lyric:

Well, I’ve been down so Goddamn long. That it looks like up to me

10. thefan
    4:17 pm January 11, 2012 Permalink

Teague should have said where did you get your shoes? I bet the Peddlers Mall. If I was the players I would just not respond to any of his questions.

11. fb>bb
    4:25 pm January 11, 2012 Permalink

Tipton was hoping those shoes came from somewhere else?

12. Harv
    4:28 pm January 11, 2012 Permalink

You know there are good people that are diagnosed with cancer and other terminal illnesses everyday; then people like Kerry Tipton will live forever.

13. blitzedanddazed
    4:37 pm January 11, 2012 Permalink

Tipton is a total Jagoff ! Point Blank Period

14. Bham J
    4:37 pm January 11, 2012 Permalink

So, is he implying that there shoes from his brother are impermissable benefits? That’s the best investigative reporting Tipton can come up with?

Elliot Ness had more on Capone than Tipton has on anything that goes on at UK.

15. bung
    4:40 pm January 11, 2012 Permalink

Adolph would would have had Harry physically remove tiptoe and then ban him…

16. Patriot
    4:43 pm January 11, 2012 Permalink

He should have answered, “I think some guy named Wes?”, just to keep Tipton busy for a while.

17. Han
    4:46 pm January 11, 2012 Permalink

I really, really wish Cal and the Cats would institute an unofficial boycott of Tipton and just refuse to acknowledge his questions as biased, accusatory yellow journalism. Even if the school won’t pull his press pass, the players should stop talking to him.

14) You’ll remember Tipton had us all believing it was a violation to chant the name of recruits at games for years. He always mentioned it, usually with some note about it probably being a violation. Someone then finally looked it up and found out it wasn’t a violation.

18. Ashland Cats Fan
    4:50 pm January 11, 2012 Permalink

Tipturd is such a tool….somebody needs to hold him down and have the UK emblem tattooed on his forehead…does he not have a life

19. Uh...What?
    4:51 pm January 11, 2012 Permalink

#15–No; Adolph Rupp would have had Harry Lancaster beat the dog shit out of him!

20. TiptonSucks
    4:54 pm January 11, 2012 Permalink

“Actually your wife gave me these. She said they would be good for kicking your ass”

21. bung
    4:57 pm January 11, 2012 Permalink

#19…you are probably correct…

22. Stan
    4:58 pm January 11, 2012 Permalink

I wish Matt or someone with access to the idiot would ask UK or Cal why they continue to even speak to him. Even if they can’t (or won’t) pull his press pass, they can tell the players not to answer any question he ask. Let the dumbass Hearld Leader pay him to cover a University that won’t talk to him. What’s the use of answering his question’s, he is going to make up whatever he wants anyway. At least not recognizing him might make his job a little harder.COME ON MATT, ASK CAL WHY THEY CONTINUE TO RECOGNIZE THIS DUMBASS!!!!!!!

23. srini
    4:58 pm January 11, 2012 Permalink

keep following Tipton during interviews and we keep getting gold..

24. BPsycho
    5:02 pm January 11, 2012 Permalink

#20 If you meet his wife you’ll learn quickly how true that really is.

25. NBA league pass
    5:02 pm January 11, 2012 Permalink

17/22) I agree. Most of the time he basically just antagonizes the players. And you know Cal is aware, because he’s made some backhanded comments to Tipton in the past. Why not just say, NO MORE of this crap, you’re done.

26. jabell
    5:04 pm January 11, 2012 Permalink

I agree with Stan – if I were Cal, I’d tell the players to just ignore him and refuse to answer his questions. If he aks Cal why players won’t talk to him simply say “because you ask the dumbest questions”.

27. Me
    5:06 pm January 11, 2012 Permalink

I wish Teague would look tipton right in the eye, lean forward and whisper… “a booster gave them to me.”

tipton would get the biggest boner and run around like a chicken with its head cut off, yelling, “I KNEW Cal was a cheater… I KNEW UK was cheating… I KNEW Teague was a cheater”

It would actually be pretty entertaining to watch ‘ole tipton think for one second that he had one on us. Only to have Cal, the rest of the team, and all the media start laughing at tipton cause they were all in on the joke.

28. Stan
    5:08 pm January 11, 2012 Permalink

Thanks 25 and 26. I think Matt owes the BBN to at least address this on the site. I would like to find out why this idiot keeps getting any respect from UK.

29. Me
    5:09 pm January 11, 2012 Permalink

So, did tipton ask these kinds of questions to Bowie, Rex, Mash? I’m really surprised that none of the players over the years have popped that turd.

30. Hunter S. Thompson
    5:16 pm January 11, 2012 Permalink

Are you serious? Blasphemy I tell you, BLASPHEMY!!! Now where is my acid?

31. James K
    5:19 pm January 11, 2012 Permalink

Does anybody else ever wonder if these kids just build up a bunch of credit card debt before they get to the NBA, knowing they’re going to be rich? That’s what I would do, even though Dave Ramsay wouldn’t recommend that.

John Wall bought a $200 pair of all white Jordan XII’s in the Blue Dawn documentary when he was at NikeTown, and that was what got me thinking about it.

32. Cara
    5:27 pm January 11, 2012 Permalink

#17-Han – you are right on the money, as is almost everyone is – This/Tipton is obnoxious. Cut him out.

33. Newtintheville
    5:28 pm January 11, 2012 Permalink

He’s been wearing gray shoes all season. Macy started complaining about them in the first exhibition game against Transy. Nothing new here… same shoes, same irrelevant pain-in-the-arse Tipton.

34. Carlos Toomer
    5:31 pm January 11, 2012 Permalink

BBN needs to reassign the word “Tipton.” Go Tipton yourself. Kiss my Tipton, Tipton-hole. etc

35. HOO HOO
    5:34 pm January 11, 2012 Permalink

Hoosiers on front of ESPN.com. How does that taste Cayyyts fans? When are you going to get a few signature wins under your belt like us?

36. gossie21
    5:36 pm January 11, 2012 Permalink

Don’t players get their shoes free from the University anyways? I thought the players got new pairs of shoes for each game.

37. Big Blue
    5:44 pm January 11, 2012 Permalink

35 – We’ve been keeping the ESPN home page seat warm for you weekly, non-stop for years, so welcome to the club finally. what’s it like being on the ESPN home page for something other than a coaching change or “NIT snubs IU for 2nd year in a row?”

38. jt
    5:45 pm January 11, 2012 Permalink

I do not need to see the Lords name taken in vain on Tiptons hat. Uncalled for.

39. WWW
    5:46 pm January 11, 2012 Permalink

16. I was thinking that same thing. I am pretty sure Jeff Teague signed with Nike this offseason. He likely gets shoes for free and likely passes them on to Marquis. It’s funny how Jordan Jefferson was never questioned about all of his shoes and where they came from. Or when MJ told all the UNC players that if they won the Championship, he would give them his new $250 shoes. But the school can allow that because they wear the Jordan brand.

Can’t wait to see how this “shoe deal” gets worked into the NotJerryTipton peice this week.

40. Dee
    5:47 pm January 11, 2012 Permalink

None of your business D!ck head

41. Reality
    5:48 pm January 11, 2012 Permalink

35. North Carolina, Kansas..thanks for asking.

42. Reality
    5:51 pm January 11, 2012 Permalink

35. Yeah, it says “things are looking up,” and that is because you have been DOWN for so LONG there is only one way for you to look.

43. Gabe Daddi
    5:57 pm January 11, 2012 Permalink

Can we petition the HL to get rid of Tipton?

44. Captain Obvious
    6:02 pm January 11, 2012 Permalink

I don’t know Jerry. Considering his brother will make $1.5 million this season with the Hawks, I’d say it’s safe to say he’s bought him many sneakers.

45. Mr. Obvious
    6:03 pm January 11, 2012 Permalink

#35…when are you gonna be ranked higher than UK? I guess the wins over Stony Brook, Savannah St, Gardner-Webb, Stetson, Howard, UMBC, and Evansville don’t help your two major upsets at home over UK and OSU, by 1 and 4 points respectively. You win at Ohio State this weekend and then we can talk.

46. Calipartytime
    6:13 pm January 11, 2012 Permalink

35. Funny that IU beating UK is a signature win. U basically made the case that we ate better than u. It wouldn’t have been a signature win for us even if we had beat IU. Are u related to Goodman? U use similar logic to make your points.

47. "You Can't Handle The Truth"
    6:38 pm January 11, 2012 Permalink

35. It’s alot easier to get signature wins when your #47

48. Bmac
    6:43 pm January 11, 2012 Permalink

Tipton is one step away from mailing an envelope full of cash to wildcat lodge and hiding in the bushes with a camera to snap whomever opens it.

49. old_school
    6:47 pm January 11, 2012 Permalink

Obviously I’m no fan of Cal – but I’d even support him if he told Tipton to take a hike. If Tipton has something on UK – then there’s no doubt we’ll here it. Until then – he’s just baiting the players and apparently being very careless (as he was a couple of years ago with the Patterson truck story).

Actually – Cal shouldn’t have to be the heavy – Barnhart should talk to the HL and issue a statement like:

“The University of Kentucky enjoys unmatched enthusiasm by it’s fanbase – a base that for years has been kept informed of the program through the efforts of good, honest reporting on behalf of papers like the Herald-Leader. Times and technology have changed and thus, new avenues of information are now available to fans that feed that enthusaism beyond anything ever seen before. Of course, we will attempt to maintain a cordial relationshop with the Lexington Herald-Leader as the paper of record in our community, but we feel it necessary to restate our desire that you conduct your craft at a high level of professionalism and integrity. Mr. Tipton has written numerous items over the last few years that jeopardizes your newspaper’s reputation of unbaised, objective reporting, and he has done so at the expense of the reputation of this institution, our basketball program, and most importantly, our student-athletes. Our hope is to continue this long-standing relationship between the University of Kentucky Athletics Department and the Herald-Leader, but if Mr. Tipton continues to carelessly make false and baseless accusations regarding our program and/or our players, we will have to seriously consider ending that relationship. We hope the Herald-Leader has enough respect for journlistic integrity, for our institution, for our young people, and for their readers to abide by these simple and reasonable standards.”

50. snl1960
    7:31 pm January 11, 2012 Permalink

#49….. well said…

51. King Rex
    7:38 pm January 11, 2012 Permalink

#35. When is IU going to advance past the first weekend in the tournament? Since they’ve only done so 3 times in the last 20 years

52. Some Guy in Kentucky
    10:54 pm January 11, 2012 Permalink

When Tipton ask a question the UK players and coaches should say “next question”, like in the T.O. press conference.