Jerry Tipton scored a hole-in-one today

tipton-holeinone

Everyone’s favorite Kentucky basketball beat writer scored a hole-in-one today while playing with representatives from the University of Louisville in the Cardinal Press Box Classic. Tipton was in the group in front of Bryan The Intern, our correspondent on the scene.

KSR is now launching an investigation into how Tipton acquired the golf ball and club he used for the shot — I assume it was a 3-wood — and who paid his green and cart fees.

Article written by Drew Franklin

37 Comments for Jerry Tipton scored a hole-in-one today

1. Blasphemy
    2:09 pm August 12, 2013 Permalink

Epic. Photoshop.

2. oilliecat
    2:12 pm August 12, 2013 Permalink

THAT IS GOOD FOR HIM

3. Not Jerry Tipton says
    2:14 pm August 12, 2013 Permalink

This does not bode well for Kentucky.

4. Jerry Tipton
    2:16 pm August 12, 2013 Permalink

Recruiting violation?

5. BluKudzu
    2:18 pm August 12, 2013 Permalink

Not a Tipton fan by any stretch of the immagination, but this photoshop image is taking things a bit too far. I hope that guy has a sense of humor, if not, this will not bode well for KSR.

6. HEY
    2:30 pm August 12, 2013 Permalink

This site generates revenue, and using someone’s likeness without their consent is against the law. Leave it to KSR to actually employ people stupid (and childish) enough to do this. Wonder how long before it’s taken down? Drew Franklin, you are a moron. KSR deserves you.

7. Irony
    2:32 pm August 12, 2013 Permalink

With the way he writes about UK, it makes total sense that he would be with “representatives from the University of Louisville”.

8. HEY
    2:33 pm August 12, 2013 Permalink

Oh, and incase you were wondering, I’ve taken a screenshot. If you need evidence for your lawsuit, and representation, Mr. Tipton, I’ll have these clowns paying you by Christmas.

9. OneAndDone
    2:34 pm August 12, 2013 Permalink

#7 (Hey) this site generates revenue thanks to the haters who check the site multiple times a day like you. On behalf of all KSR fans, I say “Thank you”

10. OneAndDone
    2:36 pm August 12, 2013 Permalink

Oh, and “Hey”. I’m sure your threats have them shaking in their boots. Man I wish the comment sections had true identities…

11. me
    2:45 pm August 12, 2013 Permalink

#6/#8 – They are making fun of Jerry Tipton, which usually qualifies as fair use, regardless of the owner of the image/likeness. You seem to be claiming that you are a lawyer…if so, intellectual property law does not seem to be your area of expertise.

12. Drew Franklin
    2:45 pm August 12, 2013 Permalink

8. — I’ll send you the photo if you lose the screenshot. Just let me know.

13. [email protected]
    2:46 pm August 12, 2013 Permalink

8 maybe he will hire Matt to represent him since he’s got a law degree

14. Scott
    2:46 pm August 12, 2013 Permalink

Does this mean he is going to start doing Subway commercials like Happy Gilmore?

15. ktmiln2
    2:47 pm August 12, 2013 Permalink

6- Take your GED in law and go home. It’s pretty obvious you know jack about the law.

16. JTurn4
    2:47 pm August 12, 2013 Permalink

I always love the irony of people who come onto sites like this, read every article, then just bash everything they read and the people who write the articles. You’re only displaying your utter stupidity.

17. Patrick Butler
    3:01 pm August 12, 2013 Permalink

looks like we’ve got some UL law grads on the case..

18. Jerry Tipton
    3:11 pm August 12, 2013 Permalink

Just so you guys know. I’m ok with this picture. No lawsuit from me

19. SeaCat
    3:18 pm August 12, 2013 Permalink

NSFW

20. hold up
    3:19 pm August 12, 2013 Permalink

wait… sonny bono died?

21. Linda Taylor
    3:29 pm August 12, 2013 Permalink

6, 8 – Hey HEy you do know that Matt finished 2nd in his class at Duke Law School don’t you and clerked for Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts. You’ll be no match for him in court so just give it up before you make a fool of yourself. But, then again, it might be good entertainment for Matt to make mincemeat out of a UL troll in court, so on second thought, have at it.
    18 – Exactly. Tipton could never be seen together with a hot female in any other way. He only dreams it could be true.

22. dean craymer
    3:36 pm August 12, 2013 Permalink

Drew, you may be pressing your luck. Oh, it seems others are already saying the same. Keep your head down, be careful.

23. 1catfan
    3:42 pm August 12, 2013 Permalink

#8 specializes in bird law

24. Mc
    3:42 pm August 12, 2013 Permalink

How do you all know that’s Jerry Tipton when you can only see him from the stomach down? Does the belly button ring give it a way?

25. Dean Cain
    3:56 pm August 12, 2013 Permalink

Why am I the 4th lead on the poster? I was Superman dammit!!!!

26. Blade
    3:58 pm August 12, 2013 Permalink

This is sad, from a sports report. If you can’t do better, dont do anything at all.

27. Linda Taylor
    4:09 pm August 12, 2013 Permalink

26 – I guess you’re a newbie. Read the statement under the title line and you will start to get a clue why KSR has become so successful. Next time you visit don’t forget to bring your sense of humor. Jerry Tipton will always be the butt of jokes here because no UK fan in the Lexington market can stand him. He is the major reason why UK fans have stopped their subscriptions to the LHL.

28. Linda Taylor
    4:21 pm August 12, 2013 Permalink

This is even funnier than I thought. I wasn’t familiar with the movie so I googled it and came up with this:

“Hole in One is a 2010 comedy film starring Steve Talley. It is about a cool under graduate boy who gets tricked by some surgeons and they operate on him, giving him a set of breasts.”

Jerry Tipton with a pair of girls. That’s probably the closest he would ever get to any (that he didn’t have to pay for).

29. miggles
    4:37 pm August 12, 2013 Permalink

1catfan – Bird law in this country is not governed by reason.

30. butteredup
    4:44 pm August 12, 2013 Permalink

6. if this is the first time you’ve seen a chopped tipturd picture on here, then you don’t come here much. Just as well.

31. JesusIsTheOnlyWayToHeaven!!!
    6:31 pm August 12, 2013 Permalink

What movie is the poster actually from?

32. Linda Taylor
    6:34 pm August 12, 2013 Permalink

31 – Hole in One, hence Drew’s photoshop.

33. Mswhel2
    8:22 pm August 12, 2013 Permalink

6- very creative. Is the ucla obannon one of your clients as well?

34. Calipartyime
    9:08 pm August 12, 2013 Permalink

Apparently Tipton’s eligibility for the GolfClassic has come into question because he was seen arriving to the Tournament in a new black Lincoln LT truck and again leaving it after his round which he sank a Hole-in-one. There is speculation how a writer from the LHL could afford a vehicle like this on his own.

35. YSR2KSR
    11:50 pm August 12, 2013 Permalink

#6 ur the moron. it’s parody and the person in question is in the public domain. know some (legal) facts before before dropping the axe on bacon.

36. Kevin C.
    5:37 am August 13, 2013 Permalink

I bet that’s the first “wood-to-hole” action Jerry’s had in years….

37. Frew Dranklin
    5:25 pm August 13, 2013 Permalink

I assume “Hey” is actually Uncle Si from Duck Dynasty. I don’t think he finished real high in the rankings at his law school. I think Drew can take him in court.

When I typed Tipton’s name into the NCAA’s website, this poster appeared. I think it is the NCAA that needs to worry about getting sued.