Jerry Palm not impressed with the Cats’ win

If the Selection Committee listened to CBS’ Jerry Palm, the Cats won’t be dancing in March. Despite Kentucky’s big win over Missouri, Palm lists Kentucky as one of the four first teams out of Tournament, along with Ole Miss, Tennessee, and Maryland.

Palm’s #1 seeds? Indiana, Duke, Michigan, and Gonzaga. The only SEC teams he projects to make the Tournament are Florida, a #3 seed, and Missouri, a #9 seed that he says is still on the bubble.

Barring a major meltdown on the road or in the SEC Tournament, I’m sorry, the Cats are in.

57 Comments for Jerry Palm not impressed with the Cats’ win

1. SexnNursinHomes
    11:49 am February 25, 2013 Permalink

This guy has a glam headshot. haha

Go gett’em mr macho manly man.

2. soggyUKgrad
    11:50 am February 25, 2013 Permalink

who is Jerry Palm??

3. noms
    11:54 am February 25, 2013 Permalink

this is guy is a putz… with a bad hair cut

4. blueaville
    11:54 am February 25, 2013 Permalink

Jerry Palm is full of crap. He also has UL a 4 seed. We are in the tourney and everyone will see it soon.

5. noms
    11:54 am February 25, 2013 Permalink

#bbn….. we see you uncle JULIUS

6. Big Blue 66
    11:54 am February 25, 2013 Permalink

Our NCAA tourney attendance and TV viewership gains us 2 wins over other teams.

7. MemphisCat
    11:54 am February 25, 2013 Permalink

Jerry Palm can Palm this!!!

8. b-lord
    11:56 am February 25, 2013 Permalink

Jerry Palm’s wife is Rosie Palm.

9. Viren
    11:56 am February 25, 2013 Permalink

Do not listen to Jerry Palm, he has been a Kentucky hater all season long. If Cats take care of business and keep winning games. It will be hard for the committeed to keep them out. We do have a possibility to tie FL for a conference championship if they lose to TN tomorrow night and we beat them at home.

10. RichieFarmer'sMustache
    11:58 am February 25, 2013 Permalink

I think this is Brian Long’s dad.

11. J
    12:00 pm February 25, 2013 Permalink

Who the hell is Jerry Palm?

12. TN Cat
    12:01 pm February 25, 2013 Permalink

I just don’t see how Missouri can be a 9 seed and we’re in the first 4 out. Same number of overall losses, Mizzou has lost 2 more than us in conference, we just beat them. They did beat Florida at home by 3 but also lost by 31 on the road to them. If we don’t get in, Mizzou should join us in the NIT.

13. John Juan
    12:04 pm February 25, 2013 Permalink

I agree Palm is an idiot, but i can see some of his logic. Missouri has won only 1 road game all year and that was against the lowly Miss. St., so the victory was expected. They are pretty much in the same boat we are in, so the win wasn’t as bracket-moving as some are making it to be. We just handled business. Just keep taking care of business and things should shake out in our favor.

14. Hollahollaholla
    12:05 pm February 25, 2013 Permalink

If Gonzaga is a 1 seed, I like the Cats as an 8 or 9 in that bracket.

I’ll take my chances on the Cats in that one.

15. John Juan
    12:06 pm February 25, 2013 Permalink

To be honest, he didn’t even have us in the first four out last week, so it is an improvement.

16. Delk for 3
    12:10 pm February 25, 2013 Permalink

Just a ploy to get more hits on his page. Just being silly to act like we wouldn’t be in as of today.

17. TN Cat
    12:10 pm February 25, 2013 Permalink

UK-UNC in a play-in game in Dayton as 12 seeds. It’s going to happen.

18. tennessee wildcat
    12:11 pm February 25, 2013 Permalink

I agree definitely about being out west involving ncaa tourney. That regional is usually the weakest and it would be a gift for us. Still gotta take care of business until then.

19. MustacheMan
    12:12 pm February 25, 2013 Permalink

Wow – that dude is an idiot.

20. Real
    12:13 pm February 25, 2013 Permalink

Uh, Missouri has an rpi of 40 & is nowhere near the top 25. Eku & wku have rpi’s higher than miss. ST. Arkansas is not very good & is nowhere near 25. Uk has to beat Florida & do well in sec tourney to get anything. Harrow stinks

21. CTheTerminatorK
    12:16 pm February 25, 2013 Permalink

THis chump is a retard don’t listen to him he had Mich ST winning it all over Ganzaga, We will get in all we have to do is beat Miss ST , and either Gorgia or Arkansas , and play well against to Flordia ( losing by no more than 10 points) we may have to win 1 or 2 games in the SEC turny if we win out untill the florda game , play well , lose by 5 or less and win twoor more games in the SEC turny , then UK would not only be dancing but would also be an 5 seed if they win the next 4 games and win SEC turny they would be an 2/3 seed basied o n BPI

22. Jeremy
    12:17 pm February 25, 2013 Permalink

Just another guy who loves the SEC I guess.

23. Jimmy Dykes Caddy
    12:18 pm February 25, 2013 Permalink

Have UK fans not figured out by now that most of the national media despise UK and will take ever opportunity they get to bash tha Cats because they rarely get a chance to do so? This Palm guy is no different. UK fans, ignore this guy!

Don’t forget to guard your yard!

24. MJ4UK
    12:18 pm February 25, 2013 Permalink

definitely hating on the SEC. I will take Katz’s word over this clown

25. Al Purnell here....It's GOOOOOOD
    12:22 pm February 25, 2013 Permalink

If he was wearing a turtle neck I would swear he was some relation to Tommy.

26. B-man
    12:25 pm February 25, 2013 Permalink

Palm rates Missouri as “probably in”, Tennessee and Ole Miss as “on the fence” and UK as “probably out”. That’s right, he currently feels Tennessee has a better chance of making the Tourney than UK. I do believe UT is playing pretty decent right now, but I’m guessing Mr. Palm is the only person who has the Vols in tourney discussion right now.

27. Jigster
    12:29 pm February 25, 2013 Permalink

20 you left out your last name…Dumb.

28. RahRah
    12:30 pm February 25, 2013 Permalink

Ehh, I’m not impressed with his opinion nor his picture.

29. bluey
    12:33 pm February 25, 2013 Permalink

He has New Mexico a 2 seed. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

30. Real
    12:33 pm February 25, 2013 Permalink

#27, you left your occupation out. “middle man in the circle j**k.

31. rich
    12:34 pm February 25, 2013 Permalink

Jerry Palm – heh – sounds like he took his “Girlfriend’s” last name….

32. Spenser
    12:36 pm February 25, 2013 Permalink

Not many opinions I’m concerned with. I respect Lunardi and Bilas more than the rest. Bilas has us in rather comfortably according to his Bilas Index:

Insider only

33. Players Club International
    12:36 pm February 25, 2013 Permalink

At worst, we should be on the fence.

If we don’t eventually make it, we should decline a bid
    to the NCAA-owned NIT anyway.

34. Jimmy Dykes Caddy
    12:41 pm February 25, 2013 Permalink

This guy is not a bracket expert, rather he is a PALM READER!

Don’t forget to guard your yard!

35. sckysportsink
    12:41 pm February 25, 2013 Permalink

Palm is a Joe Lunardi wantabe that needs attention to become relevant. You get attention in NCAA basketball by rattlin’ the Cat cage. It doesn’t necessarily have to be accurate information.

36. Bill
    12:44 pm February 25, 2013 Permalink

This guy is a moron….Miami loses one game and he drops them to a 3 seed….you know the Miami that beat duke by 30. And for whatever reason he has an obsession with the a10.

37. BurnerTurner5
    12:53 pm February 25, 2013 Permalink

Jerry Palm can go *^#k himself!

38. Ba
    12:56 pm February 25, 2013 Permalink

Looks like a glamour shot posing like a wanna be Matt Jones.

39. kadizkat
    1:04 pm February 25, 2013 Permalink

Sounds like a sweaty Palm to me.

40. bluey
    1:04 pm February 25, 2013 Permalink

I hate UL with a passion, but there’s no way they’re a 4 seed as of today.

They are at worse a 3 seed and could play their way to a 2.

41. oldschool
    1:08 pm February 25, 2013 Permalink

I do think Saturday’s win helped UK – but not sure it helped as much as most UK fans think. Missouri is sinking fast. Five weeks ago – a victory over Missouri would have been seen as a huge win. But Missouri now has six losses in a very weak conference. Not sure if Saturday’s win is really the quality win we thought.

I still think the victory paves the way for UK to play it’s way in. Win out and possibly stumble against Florida – and UK escapes the regular season with fewer than ten losses. Get a tenth loss however – and it’s on the bubble. Mainly because UK has played it’s weakest schedule since probbaly the 1930s.

42. Palmbutter
    1:16 pm February 25, 2013 Permalink

Worst Bracket prediction I’ve seen to date.

I predict he will be the new assitant Fry Manager at Mcdonald’s before the year is over.
    Funny thing is my prediction is more likely to happen than his brackets….

43. Palmbutter
    1:18 pm February 25, 2013 Permalink

He looks like he’s the Pivot…LOL

44. Chicago Chris
    1:23 pm February 25, 2013 Permalink

Wow, awesome jokes about his name. If you know anything about college basketball, you should know who he is.

That said, I think Katz’s logic about having to fill the bracket makes more sense. UK’s destiny is in its own hands but I think they have to beaut AK or FLA to actually relax. 3-1 and they are flat out in. 2-2 and they probably need to win one in the SEC tourny but will still sweat a bit.

45. jpo
    1:29 pm February 25, 2013 Permalink

41. Is it considered “old school” to use dashes instead of commas? Glad you remember the 1930’s

46. Jimmy Dykes Caddy
    1:51 pm February 25, 2013 Permalink

# 44, I know who he is but still think he is more of a PALM READER than a bracket expert.
    His bracket picks and seedings support my statement.

47. Hairy Palm
    1:51 pm February 25, 2013 Permalink

I rhyme with his name.

48. Sad_But_True
    1:52 pm February 25, 2013 Permalink

If Kentucky beats Florida then every SEC team will be on the bubble.

49. blairato
    1:54 pm February 25, 2013 Permalink

I was seriously pissed when they released that 1932 schedule. I considered dropping my season tickets when they forced us to pay that buffalo nickel to the K-Fund and we got such a weak home game schedule that year.

50. UK Homer
    1:56 pm February 25, 2013 Permalink

Nothing unites UK fans like KSR throwing red meat (blue meat?) our way. Love it!

51. Jimmy Dykes Caddy
    1:59 pm February 25, 2013 Permalink

# 49, if you think that 1932 season was bad, how about the ’39 season when they demanded a silver dollar donation to K Fund.
    I emailed the Atheltics Office and told them I wanted to drop my season tickets.
    They claimed they never got my email and sent them anyway.

52. Roland
    2:50 pm February 25, 2013 Permalink

Birth name=
    Gerald Palmetto

53. JMFATZ47
    2:52 pm February 25, 2013 Permalink

Florida a #3 seed?

This guy really thinks the SEC is awful.

54. stucknbig10
    2:57 pm February 25, 2013 Permalink

Just remember that this is the guy who swore that UK would be playing in St. Louis and UNC would be in Atlanta last year. He swore that the committee would go by “closest to campus” and that St. Louis would technically be closer (thereby placing UK in the same bracket as Kansas on what is essentially a home-away-from-home for them. He was then proven wrong by the committee about a week later. Don’t sweat it. Lunardi has a better track record than this guy and he has the cats as in the field.

55. Mc
    3:59 pm February 25, 2013 Permalink

Wow, it’s crazy that Missouri was able to beat VCU and Illinois and Illinois was able to beat Indiana. Especially when Illinois could only beat Auburn by 1. Wow, how did Florida beat Wisconsin so badly? Real crazy that Georgia gave IU a tough game with them pulling ahead late. How in the world did Alabama spank Villanova? Don’t get me wrong, the conference is down this year. Missouri is dangerous though, and is a different team with Bowers. The committee will see this. I hope they get the 8 or 9 in the mid-west and match up with IU in the 2nd round. It was a good win for UK, and awesome atmosphere.

56. Wilbur Crick
    5:28 pm February 25, 2013 Permalink

I’m embarrassed to say,never heard of him.

57. UK bluenme
    6:03 pm February 25, 2013 Permalink

Is Jerry related to Rosey?