Jeff Sheppard will be on KSR tomorrow

sheppard

It has been somewhat of a rough afternoon for Jeff Sheppard after KSTV released a video of his comments about Calipari and the one-and-done system at the annual UK convention in Franklin, Ohio over the weekend. Jeff was critical of the new Kentucky basketball and how quickly kids come and go, but he wants you to know his problem is with the current system, not UK and John Calipari.

To make sure we’re all on the same page regarding his comments, the former Kentucky star will be joining Matt on KSR tomorrow morning to clear things up and emphasize what he really meant. Tune in to hear his explanation.

Go Cats.

Go Jeff Sheppard, forever.

Article written by Drew Franklin

35 Comments for Jeff Sheppard will be on KSR tomorrow

1. ForgetTheShep
    6:45 pm July 22, 2013 Permalink

I don’t care about what he says. He can go hang out at UL with Rick…

2. Steve
    6:45 pm July 22, 2013 Permalink

If the post is true, why would he be more comfortable with Pitino???

3. L1C4
    6:46 pm July 22, 2013 Permalink

Jeff is my favorite ex UK player.

4. Andy
    6:49 pm July 22, 2013 Permalink

Sounds like he is back on to do some damage control. Too late there Jeff. Just don’t insert your foot in your mouth again.

5. As Coach Cal would Say
    6:51 pm July 22, 2013 Permalink

The emeny of my enemy is my friend.

6. One and Done
    6:52 pm July 22, 2013 Permalink

UK should only recruit 4 year players.

7. Idiots
    6:52 pm July 22, 2013 Permalink

Why don’t you tools take a flickin chill pill and for once actually try to grasp what he meant. Sometimes the level of ignorance of UK fans, and even moreso KSR readers, is just astounding.

8. Back to Back
    6:52 pm July 22, 2013 Permalink

Why do uk fans care so much? It’s just basketball, get a life.

9. Rick Pitino
    6:52 pm July 22, 2013 Permalink

The enema of my enemy is my lunch.

10. 2010 v 2012
    6:56 pm July 22, 2013 Permalink

Is Jeff getting any money from the game?

11. CatSinceBirth
    7:09 pm July 22, 2013 Permalink

Jeff said exactly what he intended to say. Since he is not a Cal fan, maybe Cal will exempt him from future UK activities while Cal is around. What’s bad, he probably got paid to bad mouth UK and Cal.

12. Do u think
    7:17 pm July 22, 2013 Permalink

Will Matt only throw him softballs tomorrow, or will he bring the smoke?

13. Chet Lemon
    7:25 pm July 22, 2013 Permalink

I think Matt is a screwball type, lol!

14. Krispy Kreme
    7:28 pm July 22, 2013 Permalink

I guess Cal should recruit more players like Michael Porter, Sheray Thomas, Saul Smith, Bobby Perry… I don’t mean to bust on those guys because they. like Shep, gave everything they had to UK. That being said, I kinda enjoy the winning that we’ve experienced with Cal and glad our players are being successful in their chosen field. Shep can have my time with Pitino. Baby killers aren’t my cup of tea.

15. The "Y"
    7:32 pm July 22, 2013 Permalink

No Y for Jeff.

16. Kujo
    7:33 pm July 22, 2013 Permalink

Jeff needs to spend a little more time around campus if he thinks they are there for five months and then gone. Lots of kids coming back to campus. Guess he makes more money off of UL players trying to get a few bucks when they get off work at KFC than UK’s NBA guys.

17. CCCCAAATTT
    7:39 pm July 22, 2013 Permalink

all about money only reason he is coming on bbn his cash cow, I say f—- him

18. Traitor
    7:40 pm July 22, 2013 Permalink

We don’t need this traitor apart of BBN! I hope Matt gets him tomorrow!

19. Opinions are like...
    7:47 pm July 22, 2013 Permalink

Jeff Sheppard will always be one of my favorite players. He also has every right to his opinion. But I can’t understand why he would put out an opinion that could put UK in a negative light. He should realize the influence he has and be more careful. Without a doubt, Coach Cal should continue to recruit the best players possible. #BBN

20. London, KY
    7:47 pm July 22, 2013 Permalink

Lexington please take this jagoff back.

21. Bobbie Knight
    7:48 pm July 22, 2013 Permalink

Jeff is my favorite ex UK player!

22. Mack
    7:49 pm July 22, 2013 Permalink

He said what he wanted to say now he is attempting to say what a UK fan would want to hear, I don’t think Coach Calipari cares what he does. Most likely he will get soft balled in the morning. But maybe Matt will get him to cry so everyone will feel sorry for him.

23. Mountainman
    7:50 pm July 22, 2013 Permalink

Its hard to speak clearly with your foot in your mouth.

24. Krispy Kreme
    7:57 pm July 22, 2013 Permalink

Jeff should know better than anyone that UK fans defend players and the program. If he wants to kiss Pitino’s butt he is speaking to the wrong audience. He is a former Cat so I wish him the best, but how did he expect UK fans to take his comments? Not the smartest move for a man making his living off of his UK name.
    P.S. Jeff, do you see the commercials for Cal’s free camps with all the UK players coming in (from the NBA) to participate?

25. blueaville
    8:03 pm July 22, 2013 Permalink

I hate how people say what they really think and then when there is outrage they are allowed to go on the media and “say what they really meant” screw it! Jeff doesn’t like the way Cal runs our program despite the success. Now he’ll go on Matt’s show and kiss up and say “i really didn’t mean it” “it was taken out of context” blah blah blah.

Too bad Jeffrey….you already told us WHAT YOU REALLY MEANT

26. Emory Worldwide
    8:35 pm July 22, 2013 Permalink

Eh, he doesnt need to do this

27. Wild Blue
    8:45 pm July 22, 2013 Permalink

“Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret.” Ambrose Bierce, Journalist and Short Story Writer.

28. Rich Robbins
    8:50 pm July 22, 2013 Permalink

Jeff should really recognize Patino as the enemy now. Tries to beat our school every year. That is the definition. The enemy was at the other school trying to beat us. Just like Patino is now. Forget wheather he has any morals. That would should make you see Rick as the enemy of anyone of religious faith.

29. brain
    9:42 pm July 22, 2013 Permalink

I’m no fan of him so I’ll pass.

30. Joe B
    10:28 pm July 22, 2013 Permalink

I could care less what the dimwit says. He’ll be backtracking and explaining, etc. Personally,..I don’t need his explanations. He’s had his say. He’s a traitor!!!!!!!! He is the ONLY former Wildcat that I have written off. And I suspect I’m not the only one who says he might should look to Little Bro for his support in the future. He has burned his bridge to the BBN. Good-bye and good riddance, Shep!!!! What I love the most is knowing that he’ll be burning with envy as Coach Cal and the Cats continue to compete for titles,..and put players into the NBA. Something Jeffy never had to worry about,..as he was never even close to being good enough to be a pro. 2nd rate. Envious. Cardinal. Traitor. Go Big Blue!!! Go Cal!!!

31. blitzedanddazed
    10:44 pm July 22, 2013 Permalink

Jeff Shepard is a joke. What a hypocrite! He walks around claiming to be a man of such high morals and to be woven of the finest “Religious Fabric”. What really matters to Sheppard is MONEY and meeting “female fans”

32. one time post
    6:32 am July 23, 2013 Permalink

Wonder how many former cats this website will beatdown before its all said and done. I couldn’t give two shits if he is closer to pitino. I actually have a life with a family, and a good job. Oh yes I also live in the real world. Perspective is required to live in this world, which is why most of you sorry ass fans are s.o.l that is all.

33. Mo
    8:59 am July 23, 2013 Permalink

I agree with Jeff, their are a lot of us that are tired of the one and dones! Their are many more like us! Slick Rick is getting it done with NO one and dones!

34. Judy
    9:16 am July 23, 2013 Permalink

Sheppard was around the Ky program for 4 years and he knows the fans. Sheppard knew exactly what he was doing and now has second thoughts. He is entitled to his opinion but I think he said what he wanted to say. I have no intention to listen to him as I believe anything at this point would be short of lying. He should have thought better before hand what he meant to say. If morally he appreciates what his former coach stands for now then it also speaks volumes of his own character. Is it true he charges little kids for autographs? Unbelievable!!!!!!!!! If so I guess he is greedy too. To bad.

35. ccaatttss
    11:36 am July 23, 2013 Permalink

ul jeff has every right to say what he wants and we as cat fans have every right to not like it and say the he– with him