Jeff Goodman’s Source Says: Twany Beckham To Kentucky

Recruiting sure is a different beast with Calipari.  Long gone are the days of following players like Patrick Patterson and Jai Lucas for entire seasons waiting for them to declare.  Instead we have names that pop up out of nowhere show strong interest in Kentucky right off the bat, and in the case of a few (Wiltjer and seemingly Beckham,) deciding Kentucky is where they want to be.

Twany is a Mississippi State guard looking to transfer, and according to Jeff Goodman, Beckham has decided to play at Kentucky. He wouldn’t be elligible until this time next year, and at this point seems to be getting a prefered walk on spot with a chance at a scholarship if one is available.

Beckham is a Kentucky kid – born in Louisville, played at Ballard –  so it’ll be great to see another one of us living the dream.

UPDATE: And it’s a good old fashioned Source Off!  Matt just got off the phones trying to firm up the Beckham rumors, and according to him, the deal is not yet done.  So take that for what it’s worth.  Beckham to Kentucky… or maybe not.

Article written by Will Lentz

31 Comments for Jeff Goodman’s Source Says: Twany Beckham To Kentucky

1. Stickman
    5:40 pm January 17, 2011 Permalink

I just mentioned in the other Twany post:

“I bet Dick Stansbury LOVES the thought of losing a player to Kentucky. Douchebag. I hope they run him out of Starksville and he ends up coaching somewhere like Lindsey Wilson College, only an out of state version of Lindsey Wilson.”

In your face Stansbury.

2. Stickman
    5:40 pm January 17, 2011 Permalink

One less player for Retardo Sydney to assault.

3. DeAndre Daniels
    5:44 pm January 17, 2011 Permalink

Anyone have an update on where Daniels decided to go??? After he was supposed to decide two weeks ago and then didn’t, i haven’t heard much about it…thanks.

4. Big Blue Monster
    5:46 pm January 17, 2011 Permalink

#1

5. Big Blue Monster
    5:47 pm January 17, 2011 Permalink

Doh! Maybe not. By the way, not sure about this guy. Only interest I can see is potential backup to Knight if he leaves early.

6. cracka
    5:47 pm January 17, 2011 Permalink

great pic of him being ripped … how tall is this kid?

7. Renaldo Sidney
    5:47 pm January 17, 2011 Permalink

I don’t think it really breaks stansbury heart losing this kid, wasn’t like he was a star there….jus sayin

8. SexnNursinHomes
    5:49 pm January 17, 2011 Permalink

1- Rick Stansbury is a she-male. 100%. Who is actually is an Acault(Burmese transvestite) that is acomolitic (gets arousal off of hairless genitals). That’s Rick Stansbury in a nut shell

9. Twany
    5:51 pm January 17, 2011 Permalink

#7 I bench 4 and squat 5 show me some respect!

10. yesterdays
    5:53 pm January 17, 2011 Permalink

Not a bad line into the Ballard program either. This is a good pick-up. A d-1 transfer as a walk-on at a position we are thin at and a hometown kid. What is not to like????

11. TommyTurtlenecksPitstains
    5:54 pm January 17, 2011 Permalink

At least he didn’t go to the University of Dave Ragone SUCKS!!

12. Stickman
    5:56 pm January 17, 2011 Permalink

It may not break his heart losing this guy but I KNOW he hates the fact that the kid is coming to UK. If he doesn’t then the world’s not right. I rate Stansbury 3rd most hated on my list of hated coachs. The first two being Ricky Three Stacks and a close second being Roy Williams.

13. LansingCat
    6:00 pm January 17, 2011 Permalink

12–That’s a pretty bold statement there leaving Shuchefskee off your list. Well, in my opinion, at least. Carry on.

14. Han
    6:00 pm January 17, 2011 Permalink

This can’t be! A poster on TCP said he’s going to Georgetown, and internet posters are never wrong.

15. boom
    6:01 pm January 17, 2011 Permalink

Me likey!!!!!!! Think about it.

16. LookingForward
    6:09 pm January 17, 2011 Permalink

Sounds like Twany will enroll this wednesday.

17. Wildcat Singularity
    6:10 pm January 17, 2011 Permalink

12) I put Kevin Stallings on that list now. His childish commetns and actions the last few years cranked up his numbers on the douche-o-meter.

18. JackBluto
    6:11 pm January 17, 2011 Permalink

As a walk on, this makes sense I guess. Per MSU web site, he played some 2 years ago as a freshman, but he sat out last year with hip injuries. So after sitting out this year and first half of next year, he will have not played (other than what he has this year, if any) 2 and 1/2 years by the time he is elligible. But it is depth at PG if Knight leave (I thought that was Polson’s job?)

19. CATSANDDAWGS
    6:28 pm January 17, 2011 Permalink

Im sure MSU is glad to see him go.. I have good sources and they said the kid wasn’t SEC caliber at all and needs to be at G-Town… I saw him play and he looked like a lost cause out there if he cant back MSU he will never play at UK with Cal bringing in the best PG in yr after yr.. Sounds like he got despret and needed somewhere to go.. He wont play at UK.

20. Go Bruins!!!
    6:33 pm January 17, 2011 Permalink

Get it twany!!! he tore Billy g and gang a new a hole.

21. Ben4UK
    6:34 pm January 17, 2011 Permalink

Will Lentz for Heisman! how is it that you aren’t getting any love in the Favorite KSR Blogger Contest?!

22. Big D
    7:07 pm January 17, 2011 Permalink

So the deal is’nt done ? What are they gonna do, bring in Cam’s dad and do a little negotiating? Why waste time on a malcontent? I don’t understand.

23. fish
    7:28 pm January 17, 2011 Permalink

any uk fan that says they hate rick pitino is just too young to remember the locomotive of a program powered by multiple nba players that we were fortunate to have here… 1995- 1998 seasons WOW!i know tubby was the coach of the 98 championship team but c’mon that was 1996’s 3rd stringers!!!

24. fish
    7:31 pm January 17, 2011 Permalink

and i love tubby!! this is no knock on him… his jersey needs to be hung in rupp arena ASAP!!

25. fish
    7:35 pm January 17, 2011 Permalink

even jay bilas says thats an awesum 3-4 yr run he’s ever seen- ucla not withstanding

26. markp
    8:18 pm January 17, 2011 Permalink

Why do we need him?

27. MM
    8:46 pm January 17, 2011 Permalink

I announced this a couple of days ago. That will be $9.99.

28. bigbill992001
    9:28 pm January 17, 2011 Permalink

Sounds like much ado about nothing. He’s a walk-on, so nothing invested. But, if he can’t play at MSU, I don’t think he’ll see the floor much here. What’s he gonna do?, take Polson’s minutes? btw, Polson looks pretty comfy with the ball.

29. Stickman
    10:35 pm January 17, 2011 Permalink

fish Says:
    January 17th, 2011 at 7:28 pm

Nope, not too young. I was at the corner of Euclid and Woodland all three years as a Lexington cop watching chicks flash me and drunk guys climbing the sign on the corner where Lynagh’s Pub is.

I remember Pitino as well as anyone. I remember him leaving, I remember him coming back to Kentucky to coach Louisville. Remember that part fish? the part where he came back to Lousiville? Awful, hated, thuggish, criminal Louisville??

30. WHA WHA WHAT
    11:50 pm January 17, 2011 Permalink

I agree 29. i love what he did while at Uk, but he is now at that awful dump of a place, when you know he could have landed anywhere else.

31. I
    12:02 am January 18, 2011 Permalink

He is a 6’5″ combo guard who is much better and more athletic then Polson. At the very least he provides good competition in practice and possibly he becomes a Ravi Moss type guy who can earn a scholarship and some playing time.