Jeff Goodman on KSR and his comments to Nerlens Noel

After making comments he’d probably like to take back on a radio show with Crawzich, Jeff Goodman joined the second hour of this morning’s KSR show from Jamestown to defend himself. Goodman stood by his claim that Calipari tried to get him fired from FOX, saying he is 100% convinced it is true, but he also said he doesn’t hold any grudge over it today. “I’m not going to hang out with him, I’m not going to go make up with him and say everything is hunky dory,” he said. “But I’m objective with what I write.”

Goodman honestly believes he is the most objective national writer when it comes to covering Calipari. “I’ve written it both ways,” he said. “If you looked at all I’ve written, you would agree I’m somewhere in the middle.”

Towards the end of the show, Jeff admitted to not liking Calipari personally, but said he thinks Cal is a terrific coach. “I think he’s one of the most entertaining coaches in America. Does that mean I think he’s not full of crap with a lot of the things he says and spins? Of course.”

“I’m pretty damn objective,” he added.

After Goodman’s interview on KSR, a radio show listener went to Twitter and asked Nerlens Noel what Jeff Goodman said to him about UK during their lunch earlier this week.

Noel responded, “it would be the best place for me to develop”

Listen to Goodman’s interview here:

And the full two hours from Jamestown here:

Article written by Drew Franklin

12 Comments for Jeff Goodman on KSR and his comments to Nerlens Noel

1. Big Blue 66
    3:55 pm August 10, 2012 Permalink

Goodman or any other idiot media person who never could make the team in high school so they became “experts” at writing about it, has the gall to say Cal spins things…..really you idiot, that all you f ers do for a living. If i see him, I will punch him in the neck, and it wont be hard to hit

2. jpgott2
    4:10 pm August 10, 2012 Permalink

I am not going to say that I agree with Goodman, for it seems like CBS is trying to get clicks on its sight by getting talk rolling about everybody’s favorite person to hate, John Calipari. Now while I say that, I respect Goodman for his position, and ability to say that he is biased. Out of all of the writers on their staff, he not one that has just written hate about UK.

It takes guts to admit what Goodman has.

3. Big Blue Coming at You
    4:41 pm August 10, 2012 Permalink

If Cal really did try to get him fired then i’m pretty sure he deserved it although i think he’s full of crap. Why doesn’t he present some evidence to back it up instead of crying about it? Admitting you hate Cal is also not going to bode well for your argument that you are biased when writing about him. Yes, Cal can be full of crap at times but he’s that way for a reason. It’s called marketing. It works and he’s damn good at it. There’s a big difference between Cal’s spin and say Pitino’s spin. Cal’s spin has a purpose and that purpose is recruiting and marketing. Pitino’s spin is all about himself and how he can make himself look better. I quit reading anything Goodman puts out long ago because the guy is just an idiot. CBS must love dumbasses because they have several of them including Goodman and Seth Davis.

4. manlySmell
    5:54 pm August 10, 2012 Permalink

Goodman looks like a marshmellow

5. caveman2
    7:50 pm August 10, 2012 Permalink

Once again where is his story on the UNC academic scandal. Don’t give us any crap about it was only one player and it doesn’t involve the NCAA. Both are not excuses.

6. Kalifornia Kat
    8:22 pm August 10, 2012 Permalink

I’m really pissed at Cal for trying to get Goodman fired …. not pissed at his trying, but pissed because he DIDN’T SUCCEED !!!

7. BlueCat
    8:46 pm August 10, 2012 Permalink

Him saying Cal tried to get him fired is about as credible as Harry Reid saying he heard from a source, that he refuses to name that Mitt Romney paid no taxes and that his dead father would be ashamed. If what he said is true, he could probably sue Cal, but all he wants to do is get a rise out of UK fans and our coach. They’re all pathetic…

8. LurvilleSux-aka_gamer_aka_LouisvilleFanCraig
    9:38 pm August 10, 2012 Permalink

so basically jeff goodman admits to being a complete jackass piece of shit and even admits that he will be doing it again and again right? oh and pauses when asked if he doesn’t like coach cal? right? yup. i heard it. matt, u and i share a birthday on the same day this month and i’ll be 38 this year so you can bet if you fall for this line of bullshit from jeff goodman then you should go visit a catholic church and repent ASAP.

Matthew, i honestly am the original louisvillefancraig and for those 2 or 3 years i gave so much hell here, i was just trying to get rid of tubby smith….thats the honest to god truth no kidding….plus i was single and bored! haha. i pissed off a lot of awesome fans but it was worth it to get rid of what needed to be gotten rid of. i only can hope and pray that jeff goodman suffers the same demise that the former coach did, with tons less compensation of course.

jeff is like the kid in grade-school that was picked last on the playground. his venom has spewed for many years towards coach cal far before he was coach here. he’s an ass-hat that i can’t imagine has a female companion….or hold it…if he does have a female companion i cannot imagine what it looks like. as ugly as he is i cannot fathom a bride de beauty !

at any rate, Jeff, you i’m sure will laugh at this post and just brush it off as some redneck hippie “kenTucKy FAn” but i assure you that you really are a large part of what is wrong with objective reporting today. you have also admitted that you don’t like coach cal. dont say you do not. i just listened to your pathetic interview. you in fact did. I look forward to you being fired again so you will have to move on into another job that pays you less and makes you look even more ‘in superior’ to those you hate so much and with so much vile.

here’s to you Jeff and to making you eat your words for many years to come. it shall be an interesting battle between you, my damn near brother matt and myself; the former “LouisvilleFanCraig” who had his nick forged so many times on this board i almost feel celebrity like! oh, and one last thing to leave you with my friend Jeff. 1986 was a LONG LONG time ago and Michael Jackson was on “trapper keepers” and lunch boxes when your Lurville team meant anything to anyone at all. they are a has-been; much the same as you are and will continue to be. anyone around 5 or 6 years ago knows these are the words from the original louisvillefancraig. sorry guys. i was fooling you all along. u can email [email protected] to voice your concerns or disbelief. i promise to prove that i am who i say i am; i challenge all who failed to compare : ) ..u know…the wannabe’s. oh, and yes i’m the guy who puts all of UK’s games in HD on Justin.tv.

jeff i will be following your demise and plan to make fun of you and your family each and every time the opportunity arises. you are a jealous, envious, hateful, despicable piece of trash who will never achieve greatness even as much as you really want it. there are people far greater and far more important than yourself. sometimes you simply have to acknowledge that and move on with your life instead of being so caught up in your ridiculous life of trying to be as important as those you hate. you should have noticed this by now and should have noticed that it will never stop. the scrutiny, the laughter and the overall senselessness that you bestow upon yourself is self induced. you’ve no one else to blame but yourself.

it’s hard to believe i’m wasting this much time and energy on someone so irrelevant as yourself; as i thought only the lurville crowd could steer me in this direction. here’s to you Jeff Goodman, and to your future. Myself, and many like me, will be awaiting (however not subscribing to anything that would get you extra money via web hits or anything else) your each and every pathetic word, in hopes that not only our laughter that envelopes each paragraph you stitch, but the overall lack of maturity that signifies the true villain that you’ve proven to be, will forever cast the shadow of gloom and doom upon yourself, just as you try to cast upon others. you are far from elite Jeff Goodman, just like our little brother lurville!

: )

and with that folks, instead of trying to claim someone’s username or silly stuff like that. I leave you with this to prove who i am: ” i cannot fuk*n wait to kick the sh*t out of those kensucky wildcats!! oh yea, we were something in 2007…who gives a shit. damn. keep living in the past fukkers!! jesus, what a bunch of pathetic ass pirates!” –see? yea i really am that guy! but a true UK fan no doubt. was just stirring the kettle for a few years! i’m true blue through and through though. those who know me know this.

~peace~

9. Down Syndrome
    10:14 pm August 10, 2012 Permalink

I’m Jeff Goodman, and I have down syndrome. Thanks for noticing.

Piss off, LouisvilleFanCraig!

10. alskdjfhg
    1:28 am August 11, 2012 Permalink

2 You respect the guy who has spent the last 3 years assassinating the character of our program and our coach? GTFOH

11. Mkgistebow
    10:37 am August 11, 2012 Permalink

That’s 12 minutes of my life I’ll never get back.

12. blueruuster
    2:19 am August 12, 2012 Permalink

Someone please start the UK recruiting room pledge I’ve got 500 to start. I will pay more if it will hasten the pain of losing so badly year after year. Go Cats