Jeff Goodman has a change of heart

andrew-wiggins

It wasn’t that long ago, a couple hours actually, when all four CBS basketball bloggers predicted Wiggins to Florida State. Now, Jeff Goodman has flipped his prediction from the Seminoles to Kansas.

Goodman loves some Bill Self.

Article written by Drew Franklin

49 Comments for Jeff Goodman has a change of heart

1. Diehardcatfan
    4:56 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

If Wiggins dont go to Kentucky he will lose 60000 followers on twitter..That should tell him he made the wrong decision..

2. jq
    5:03 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

Goodman it could be 95 degrees outside and you would say that is going to snow!

3. ncwildcat
    5:05 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

Its better to guess and be the right one – then you can say your sources were all right. Hope the kid does well wherever he goes, and doesn’t end up like Harrison Barnes college career

4. vacatfan
    5:05 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

My take is that Goodman must have heard something significant in order for him to change his job.

5. vacatfan
    5:05 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

* Change his mind that is.

6. Saiditbefore
    5:09 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

I attended the Mcd AA game. Sat not too far away from bench. Wiggins was closer to Wayne Selden than any other player. I wan’t sure who Selden was, but looked him up in the program and saw Kansas. I predicted Kansas then, and still do. Wiggins wasn’t falling over Selden, and got along just fine with Randle and Dakari, and even Kennedy Meeks, but I’ve thought Kansas lean ever since.

7. Ruppeat Offender
    5:11 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

Kansas is the school that I think has the least chance of landing Wiggins. He’s being very careful about his choice and they are facing an NCAA investigation. Also, there are no connections to family or friends. They also got in the game late (along with UNC). I’ve guessed all along that it would be Florida St., but UNC or UK would be great landing spots for a kid intent on being a #1 pick after one year. Look at Shabazz. He wanted to chase beach bunnies around for a year and it probably cost him several million dollars. He may not even be a top 10 pick.

8. David
    5:15 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

I’m actually a bit surprised not 1 person has said Kentucky yet. It’s like Cal hasn’t won the majority of his recruiting battles before.

9. CantStopTheReign
    5:16 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

Nike > Adidas.

10. Professional Medium
    5:19 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

He’s going to Kennesaw State!

11. Otis
    5:19 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

These CBS clowns don’t know anything. Some of them picked UK team that just lost to Robert Morris in the first round of the NIT for the Final Four

12. Otis
    5:20 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

I, of course, picked my nose.

13. RealCatsFan
    5:21 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

Well, if he doesn’t want to go to summer school, and wants to attend a bunch of fake classes that don’t even require his physical presence, then UNC is the place for him! Seriously, with him coming out to say that he doesn’t want to attend summer school, I am a little worried that he could prove to be an APR liability. Hope I’m wrong.

14. VaCatFan
    5:22 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

I agree, #8, and probably not a good sign for us. When the chatter is not postitive or virtually non-existent on the eve before an announcement, it does not portend well.

15. JustSayin
    5:24 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

Son and mom are onboard with UK. Dad is being adamant for FSU as of very recently. Who wins out, don’t know. Not gonna be Kansas or NC for sure.

16. fatkidineastky
    5:24 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

I actually said this is where he would end up a few weeks back. Because he will win games there and be “the man” to lead. And it is not even close to high profile as UK. If he came to us we would be the greatest assembly of a team and we would have a chance at an undefeated season (chance). Yes we would stand a greater chance @ hanging 9 with him….but without him…we still will be hanging that 9th banner. So I felt he would feel better @ KU than UK so he could be “the man” on a decent team that wins 25 + games…..he can’t do that @ FSU and he probably knows Ol’ Roy would drag his game down. So I’m HOPING AND PRAYING UK but my chunky gut is feeling KU.

17. Bobbysueflay
    5:25 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

It’s fsu guys. It’s a closed announcement with his parents. Shouldnt that tell you enough

18. bosshog
    5:26 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

Good. Let Kansas be the media darling and let us concentrate on getting better without the media jerking off on us. It will feel good to pin another loss on the jayhawks in March. You will not win a title in Kansas Andrew.

19. LeRoy Skaggs
    5:28 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

Don’t make no difference if Andre comes or not, I am fixin to get me one of them air raid cyreens for my truck

20. jus sayin
    5:29 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

He is not going to UK. Best we can do… Pray for FSU.

21. Otis
    5:32 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

I picked which government services to be dependent on.

22. Duuuuuude
    5:33 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

Sorry…did not mean to re-post. I my #8 comment disappeared after I posted so I wrote it again.

23. woww
    5:33 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

19. Lmao I can just see some redneck driving around with some air raid sirens and a UK Flag shouting out the window “BIG BLUE WILDCAT NATION!!”.. It would be great.

24. Otis
    5:34 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

If he were 5’6″ and 135 lbs, he would pick Louisville. And I’d be on here saying he was better than Julius Randle.

25. BOSOX
    5:34 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

If Kentucky doesn’t get Andrew Wiggins tomorrow, as soon as Coach Cal hears the news he is going somewhere else, get on the phone with Tarik Black the transfer from Memphis ASAP and get him to visit and see where they can go from there!!!!! He only has one year of eligibility remaining

26. Dee W.
    5:35 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

Also closer to his brother at Wichita State.

Given how closed up he wants this and the proximity to Kentucky, I don’t think it will be us. You never know.

Then again we also had that troll advising that it was guaranteed that Julius Randle was going to Kansas because they were close to a friend who knew someone who knew someone related to someone who…etc.

27. Joe
    5:38 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

Are coaches allowed to text and call tonight? If so, then Cal, Orlando and Kenny need to get on the phone. If you can visit, they need to take a ride to Huntington. Pull out all the stops – this is important. Take the mascot and cheerleaders with you too.

28. SOMEONEPLEASEMAKEITSTOPICAN’TTAKEITANYMORE!!!!!

Checking on this is like an addiction I can’t kick, and that’s coming from a teetotaler!!! Someone push me away from the comp!!! 🙂

29. Harry
    5:57 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

I also have a change of heart. I will win Mega Ball tomorrow, my earlier position was a bit different.

30. gog8tors
    5:58 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

ain’t happ’nin. It’s fla state. I’ve been telling you guys this for weeks, months even. I know this for a fact, but cannot reveal my contacts. If i did, you guys would have no problems believing me. Wait and see, and if you have betting money, put it on Fla state. I’d bet 2 to 1 it’s Fla state.

31. Jim Baker
    5:59 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

I changed my mind, now that I have already had sex with Jessica Hahn, I prayed for wisdom and now I believe there really is a god and he has forgiven me…but in order to make it official I’m going to need to raise $1 million.

32. Harry
    6:00 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

Super star does not translate a fit for a superstar team. Either way, we have what we need to win.

33. Harry
    6:02 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

No sweat!!!

34. STEVE!
    6:05 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

Goodman still has time to change his mind to UK and UNC before the announcement. Then he can say “Hey, what did I tell ya’?”

35. UKSupporter76
    6:15 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

36. Ridiculous
    6:18 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

30. Your contacts tell you, and you’re so sure, that he’s going to FSU. But you bet it’s 2 to 1. Lol. Try making sense next time.

37. Biglaw Dawgin'
    6:25 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

The reporters need to stop with all of this “hunch” business. You’ve got a 25% chance dude and, admit it, you have no idea. If you get it right, no one is going to think you have “extensive recruiting contacts” or “infinite wisdom” on any other future recruits, they’re just going to think you got lucky.

38. Biglaw Dawgin'
    6:30 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

30 (gog8tors) – all of that squawking and then you say “I’d bet 2 to 1….” Haha, yeah, I’m sure you “know for a fact” if you’re willing to put up the astronomical odds of 2:1. Way to go all out there buddy. While we’re at it, I know for a fact that it’s Kentucky and I’m so confident that I’m willing to bet $3 on it.

39. Biglaw Dawgin'
    6:31 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

37 – you beat me too it.

40. Sweets
    6:31 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

Don’t for get Nerlon was a lock for G-town before he announced. Everyone said Hoyas

41. Casey
    6:35 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

Yeah Wiggins will really lose put by having masses of UK fans stalking him on Twitter

42. Ridiculous
    6:37 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

39. The guy that knows somebody that knows somebody is always my favorite.

43. Hey
    6:52 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

What the heck does Corky Goodman know anyway?

44. RahRah
    7:01 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

A hunch based on talking to people who also have no inside information is worthless. I still think he’s smart enough to know how much Coach Cal can do for him.

I hope we get the kid, but we’ll be fine either way. Just depends on whether he wants to be “the man” or wants to be part of the undisputed best team of all time.

Julius Randle will be the #1 pick in the draft next year anyway. Just a “hunch.”

45. NineWillBeFine
    7:51 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

My cousin’s great uncle has a barber who knows the family doctor of Wiggins third cousin…

Based on my excellent source here, I say Wiggins goes to FSU.

46. Scott
    8:32 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

This isn’t Shabazz. Wiggins goes #1 next year even if he takes this year off to work at McDonalds. I don’t think he’ll end up at Kentucky. The longer the recruitment has gone, the more its hurt us. I think its just too crowded here and he’s too reserved. I hope he goes to FSU, but I’m getting that sick feeling it might be Kansas. They’ve got tradition and all that like we do, but he’d still be THE guy with some good complimentary pieces and a winnable conference.

47. ifhe goes too
    11:32 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

well if wiggins chooses anywhere but kentucky then you know he only cares about being “the man” and is content with what he has, and doesnt care being on a TEAM.. if he wants to win a championship and be on the greatest college team of all time and get his self prepared for a awesome career in the nba then he comes to kentucky.. sounds like a no brainier to me.. but i guess we’ll see what wiggins is really about at 12:15 2morrow..

48. Observer
    4:41 pm May 14, 2013 Permalink

#6 was right on the money!