Jay-Z’s got 99 problems, but that shirt ain’t one

jayz-ukfan

H to the Izzo takes time to pose with a fan at Rupp yesterday

One more, courtesy of Coach Cal’s Twitter page:

Cal-Jay-Z

31 Comments for Jay-Z’s got 99 problems, but that shirt ain’t one

1. blitzedanddazed
    9:14 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

Jay-Z is a huge UK fan. The man knows a diamond when he sees one.

2. Boxcar Willie
    9:16 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

I will be at the next UL game. Elijah Justice is my homeboy

3. Alex
    9:21 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

The shirt is stupid.

4. PinWHEEL
    9:28 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

I like this

5. josh
    9:29 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

Where can I get one of those shirts? I will buy one tonight

6. BLEED BLUE
    9:37 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

Brand called Oneness… sold in a local store in Lex.

7. paducahcat
    9:44 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

Somewhere Ramel Bradley is smiling.

8. Ramel Bradley
    9:44 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

we run the boogie down bronx

9. Jesus
    9:46 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

Your face is stupid.

10. Plankers Are...
    9:50 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

There was/is controversy with that shirt. Obvious capitalism going on with it, and the so-called 99% are anti-capitalists. Jayzee made a lot of money with the shirts and didnt share any with the occupyers.

11. SUPREMECATS
    9:54 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

haha, I used to play ball with that guy at what used to be downtown gold’s gym…hilarious.

12. Bulldawg
    9:59 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

is it me or are the boys at ksr taking advantage of ms tyler? ok matt put one post up and tyler has put ALL the rest up today including the last post of 2011. I like tyler and all but i like the rest of you guys too. Where have you gone? Is the blog slowly being turned over to tyler and the newbie college guys and gals? staff gettin a litte too well fed to work? IDK just chalk it up to the holidays and i hope to see more of the “regulars” the rest of the year. afterall, i pay big money to look at these posts! (insert sarcasim)

to comment about the post, IMO it would be a better experience to see old crow medicine show or even the avett brothers at a UK game. I am sure I will get bashed for saying that but that is the kind of music i listen to, so Jayz was just another fan to me just as the bands i mentioned would be just another fan to most people. The whole jayz thing is probably a bonus in recruiting so I am very glad he was there instead of the previous mentioned bands, afterall, if I want to see them, all i have to do is go to a concert huh?

13. Green Giant
    10:19 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

12- I agree except for the fact that drew posts on here a lot. Matt also has to run a radio show and a tv show which TJ is the producer of I think, he has some involvement in it anyway. Also Tyler and Chris Thomas are the only regulars left really after Will Lentz, Christopher Johns, and BTI all left to pursue bigger things…I think….BTI sucks…

14. Lovelease
    10:22 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

Who’s jay zee?
    Is he the guy who sung with dj jazzy jeff?

15. Perfect Patterson
    10:24 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

JayZ coming to Rupp is out of this world. I still can’t believe it.

16. LOOKCLOSE
    10:28 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

Look at the first picture closely….The hat he is wearing ends with “NALS” is he wearing a “CARDINALS” hat????

17. NotInsertNameHere
    10:38 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

@16 – It says Originals.

18. newyear
    10:42 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

Jay=

Jay-Z, Occupy This.

19. MemphisCat
    10:51 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

It’s good for recruiting and that Cal is able to stay current with pop stars like Jay-Z and Drake. We just need to make sure they have UK shirts to wear to be on the safe side for everyone.

20. lol
    11:00 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

24. U realize Crean’s recruiting was garbage until he hired the brother of the head man at Indiana Elite AAU.

21. Hoosiers
    11:06 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

26) Cal went to 4 NIT’s while at Memphis and could not coach his way out of a wet paper bag until Wes started handing him players. Cal doesn’t even recruit.

22. TMZ
    11:38 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

I did not know that Lindsay Lohan’s dad was a UK fan.

23. old_school
    11:51 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

All those rappers will be gone next year when UK struggles to even be ranked in the top 25.

Reality hits soon UK fans who worship Cal.

By the way – up at IU – the Hoosiers are for real and they’ve done it the right way.

Again – judge Crean on Cal in three years and see what program is more successful.

That Cal koolaid leaves a bitter taste folks.

24. Dude In Class
    1:48 am January 2, 2012 Permalink

Three years, look at the past three years? You have a decent team that can win at home and get blown out at home.. What has Creans record been in the Big 10? Don’t worry I’ll wait.. IU wants to be UK it makes them sick..

25. TheDecker
    9:11 am January 2, 2012 Permalink

21. Just like how Crean couldn’t get a top 100 recruit until Mark Adams was hired. Adams, who has no college basketball coaching experience, is at the forefront of AAU basketball. As soon as he’s hired…BOOM…all the sudden, AAU Indiana Elite players are all being funneled to IU

26. Juanita Broderick
    9:17 am January 2, 2012 Permalink

The biggest of hypocrites with that shirt.

27. bluebiscuit
    9:44 am January 2, 2012 Permalink

Coach Cal sends out a twitter thanking celebrity out-of-stater Jay Z for coming to the big rivalry game. He calls Jay-Z his good friend. But the in-state fans who have been supporting these two teams forever, Cal tells them they make too big a deal out of the game. I don’t like it that he sends out big thanks to the celebrities, but the fans get a slap on the wrist. He says the rivalry isn’t as big a deal to the players who are from out of state as it is to the fans. Well, whose fault is that? Maybe he should be encouraging them to see it as a big deal. Maybe some of them won’t play in such a ho-hum style.

28. big tim
    11:53 am January 2, 2012 Permalink

99 problems and a the cards are not one

29. Tyler's my Hero
    12:02 pm January 2, 2012 Permalink

I know the guy in the pic, his brother bought him the shirt as a joke and dared him to wear it to a UK game not even knowing that Jay-Z would be there. Crazy

30. Bob
    2:34 pm January 2, 2012 Permalink

Isn’t Jay-Z part of the 1%?

31. Nimrod
    4:43 pm January 2, 2012 Permalink

Trust me, his shirt reflects a dream that will never come true.