Yesterday, Yahoo! Sports’ Jason King ranked next season’s top 15 non-conference games, and shocker: Kentucky is part of quite a few of them.
1. North Carolina at Kentucky, Dec. 3 — The nation’s top two teams clash at Rupp Arena. Both programs are loaded with future NBA talent, but the Tar Heels have one thing the Wildcats don’t: Experience.
2. Duke at Ohio State, Nov. 29
3. Ohio State at Kansas, Dec. 10
4. Louisville at Kentucky, Dec. 31 — The Cardinals will be amped up to play their in-state rival on the road — but it won’t matter. Kentucky is simply too talented.
5. North Carolina vs. Michigan State in San Diego, Nov. 11
6. Kansas vs. Kentucky at Madison Square Garden, Nov. 15 — Kentucky will be the better team in March by far, but if Thomas Robinson stays out of foul trouble, the Jayhawks may be able to keep this one close.
7. Florida at Ohio State, Nov. 15
8. Vanderbilt at Louisville, Dec. 2
9. Duke vs. Michigan State, at Madison Square Garden, Nov. 15
10. Florida at Syracuse, Dec. 2
11. Marquette at Wisconsin, Dec. 3
12. Wisconsin at North Carolina, Nov. 30
13. Memphis at Louisville, Dec. 17
14. Cincinnati at Xavier, Dec. 10
15. Texas A&M at Florida, Dec. 17
Is it November yet?