James Young to visit UK this weekend

Young tweeted that he’ll be in Kentucky this weekend:

Come on down.

Article written by Drew Franklin

21 Comments for James Young to visit UK this weekend

1. billself'srug
    2:05 pm September 26, 2012 Permalink

Come on down, indeed.
    James, you can get this party started, young man!

2. DoubleZeroMostel
    2:11 pm September 26, 2012 Permalink

Fine, let him go see the tailgate, but PLEASE don’t let him come inside the stadium. Commonwealth is where optimism goes to die.

3. Drew Franklin Says
    2:13 pm September 26, 2012 Permalink

Guys, Young is a LOCK for UK! Why wouldn’t he be? We’re the only school in the country with an elite coach, elite facilities, elite competition, and an elite fanbase.

4. 3 fan
    2:25 pm September 26, 2012 Permalink

Take him to tailgate and then get him to verbal on way back to the Lodge. Commonwealth is NOT a good place to take a recruit right now.

5. STEVE!
    2:31 pm September 26, 2012 Permalink

Give him his tour of the Coal Lodge during the game.

6. DrewFranklinAlsoSays
    2:49 pm September 26, 2012 Permalink

Thanks for coming to this site, 3, we appreciate your business.

7. WERUK
    2:49 pm September 26, 2012 Permalink

Why wouldnt we want a student-athlete recruit to go to CWS? Oh ya, so he doesnt see the lack of football support by the bandwagon football fan base.

8. Zeke69
    2:51 pm September 26, 2012 Permalink

I would love to get a verbal from James Young. The Harrisons have had time to commit and I hope they still will. IF Young wants to verbal, take it and run with it and then the chips fall where they may.

9. Han
    2:54 pm September 26, 2012 Permalink

7) When you support a terrible team as equally as a strong team, your administration believes it doesn’t need to improve the program.

10. MemphisCat
    2:59 pm September 26, 2012 Permalink

Come on down and start ball rolling, once we get that 1st commit the domino’s will fall in the Blue Tint of Cal. Pull the trigger young man…

11. Ville Cat
    3:00 pm September 26, 2012 Permalink

Would a verbal from Young have any effect on other targets coming or deciding elsewhere?

12. tyrus
    3:02 pm September 26, 2012 Permalink

Let me know when one of the many 2013 “locks” start to commit.

13. J
    3:07 pm September 26, 2012 Permalink

That’s a better “nappy boy” than what DLamb had

14. 5thregionref
    4:10 pm September 26, 2012 Permalink

Odds he commits this weekend

15. jymbo
    5:58 pm September 26, 2012 Permalink

Take him to Keeneland not Commonwealth.

16. Coaches Agent
    6:12 pm September 26, 2012 Permalink

Shoot!I cannot visit with him over weekend because I am an agent, too bad.
    Will probably get feedback from his visits from some of the coaches that I represent.

17. Big Al.
    6:28 pm September 26, 2012 Permalink

Bring him in Cal, we need another good lefty!!!

18. Kyle
    7:18 pm September 26, 2012 Permalink

Bandwagon? Are you kidding me when we were terrible in the 90s winning less than 3 games for a few years and fans still showed up but we are tired of being below a mediocre team in the SEC

19. Badams
    7:34 pm September 26, 2012 Permalink

I agree 18. I’m still supporting the players but UK football is ridiculous right now due to terrible coaching decisions. Why do you leave Newton in there after the 1st half? Terrible decision. I have supported UK football a long time, when listening to the game or catching it on delayed basis was the only way of catching a game. We all thought UK football finally had a great foundation laid to build upon and it’s been trashed, we the fans have reason to be upset! And no one has been more supportive of the team and coaches than me….but enough is enough!

20. Badams
    7:35 pm September 26, 2012 Permalink

And if Young committed it wouldn’t affect the Harrison twins or Randle, different positions. And if Wiggins were to reclassify, well he’s the best player hs player in the nation and he knows that.

21. Duke Sucks
    9:43 pm September 26, 2012 Permalink

I hope he pulls the trigger this weekend. This kid can play + he Realy wants to play for UK. I don’t blame the others for taking their time it is a huge choice that could mean millions, but Young knows what he wants and that’s to play at UK! And the BBN wants him.
    #7 I can tell by your post that you are a student who lives of mom and dad by your comment. Band wagon fans? Here is reality, no fan base has supported any mediocre program like the BBN. Why do you think the bowl will take UK over better teams. Its because of the fans travel so good. We have filled commonwealth for years. Our program has bottom out and we will send a message to Barnhart that we want change. The best way to get the message across is empty seats