James Young posted his acceptance letter on Instagram

young-letter

James Young posted a picture of his UK acceptance letter on Instagram today with the caption: “I don’t have to prove my haters nothing! See ya MI!”

So take that, haters. And catch ya later, Michigan.

Article written by Drew Franklin

41 Comments for James Young posted his acceptance letter on Instagram

1. Josh Kidds Panties
    12:25 pm August 20, 2013 Permalink

WETIN’ IT

2. Confused
    12:26 pm August 20, 2013 Permalink

All the haters questioned whether or not he was going to make it to campus. HE found out on August 13th, a week ago. The haters were confirmed in their questioning of his eligibility as was UK, seemingly. I teach high school seniors. Most of them get their acceptance letters from UK in November (early enrollment) or March/April. Why is a prospective student getting their acceptance letter so late in the game?

3. Josh Kidds Panties
    12:27 pm August 20, 2013 Permalink

STROKIN’ LIKE A LEFTY

4. Rei
    12:28 pm August 20, 2013 Permalink

troll on #2

5. 90% of UL fans in Louisville live in the projects and leech off the government
    12:28 pm August 20, 2013 Permalink

We are going to take a dump on you Dec 28 UL trolls. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

6. E
    12:31 pm August 20, 2013 Permalink

A dump he said!!!!!! Tards

7. EK
    12:31 pm August 20, 2013 Permalink

#2 = Loserville JACKASS!! GO CATS!!

8. Odd
    12:35 pm August 20, 2013 Permalink

The 5th paragraph down says complete all of the “next steps” listed to ensure your place in the incoming class. Therefore he is not yet in the incoming class…….

9. Michael F. Jox
    12:36 pm August 20, 2013 Permalink

In the letter it states that his link blue account should be activated so he can do his orientation and course registration no later than MAY 1st. I’m not familiar with the whole deal, but doesn’t that seem like a strange date?

10. Good times
    12:37 pm August 20, 2013 Permalink

#8, wow you are desparately clinging on to any hope of him not playing aren’t you? This is bviously just a stock letter, as I’m pretty sure he’s not meeting that May 1st deadline to activate his myUK portal either. He’s in, he will work with the advisors to get in classes and complete all the “next steps” that are necessary.

11. Martha
    12:40 pm August 20, 2013 Permalink

Have you all ever heard of a form letter?

12. J in Orlando
    12:42 pm August 20, 2013 Permalink

2 bwahahaha! can you imagine this chick sitting behind her laptop thinking she really had something there? l.o.l.

13. kadizkat
    12:46 pm August 20, 2013 Permalink

Just when I was beginning to think the #’lilbrother fellowship of losers would be shut up they find something else to troll about. Clearly they don’t have much of a team to follow or they wouldn’t spend so much time here. #getalife

14. TANK
    12:47 pm August 20, 2013 Permalink

I seriously doubt he posts this with I’m out haters if he wasn’t sure.

15. Suva
    12:49 pm August 20, 2013 Permalink

And next to last paragraph says send in final transcript after graduation. Maybe that means he did not graduate in the spring, but just graduated after a summer school session?

16. Turner the Burner
    12:50 pm August 20, 2013 Permalink

2. “Most” students that go to UK don’t get their acceptance in November and there is nothing called “early enrollment”. UK has a rolling deadline but it is suggested that students get their applications in by Feb. 15th of their SR year. “Most” students apply to UK in December – Feb. of their SR year. If you are getting an acceptance letter in November that means 2 things: A- UK is probably your number 1 or 2 school and B – You applied when the application opened in August.
    With that out of the way, he didn’t actually commit to UK until mid October. If he applied that day, he would probably get his acceptance in around March, as you stated. However, there is no rush to get an application in if you don’t have to and you are not trying to get academic scholarship. There are a lot of regular students that apply to state schools in April/May/June for the fall.

17. troll so hard
    12:57 pm August 20, 2013 Permalink

he didnt pick an Advising Conference date before May 1st!!! he’s ineligible!!!

18. No big deal
    1:04 pm August 20, 2013 Permalink

We all knew he would be just fine and eligible. Haters gonna hate.

19. Kristen Geil's Abs
    1:05 pm August 20, 2013 Permalink

please excuse me while I… BOOM! This dude is going to be the one the opponent forgets about, and it’ll be their undoing.

20. Cards!
    1:31 pm August 20, 2013 Permalink

this has to be fake. what about the twins, where’s their letter? wah wah wah Mommy!!!

21. Loserville fan
    1:38 pm August 20, 2013 Permalink

BUT…BUT…But I thought he wouldn’t make it, and that we might actually have a slight chance of beating UK. I’m telling tony vanelli, he lied to us, he got our hopes up. We suck. Why does u of l have to be little brother forever.

22. BBN
    1:41 pm August 20, 2013 Permalink

While this sounds promising, it does not mean he is cleared. Schools have had kids enrolled and practicing as incoming freshmen and they were later deemed ineligible. This does sound like a step in the right direction though.

23. Loserville fan
    1:48 pm August 20, 2013 Permalink

22. That’s the spirit man. You’re sooo strong to be able to hold onto that last little atom of hope that he won’t play. Me on the other hand, I’m just not strong enough. Forgive me, for I have already burned my u of l shirts and started wearing blue. My gosh man I wish I was a strong hearted as you. How do you find the courage to hold on?

24. [email protected]
    1:54 pm August 20, 2013 Permalink

22 he has nothing to prove to you. just shut up and enjoy it when he’s on the court and stop worrying.

25. Kevin C

I’m trollin’ so hard…
    MY CAPS ON
    Hopin’ that they see I like the Dirty Birdies

Can’t they see I like the like the Birdies
    Can’t they see I like the like the Birdies
    Can’t they see I like the like the Birdies
    Gotta luv dem dirty birdies

People everywhere stop and stare
    Gotta Dirty Bird carved in my hair
    Still ain’t forget about Kevin Ware
    Bltches seen me puke, I ain’t even care.

Hand on my d***, like it’s a hold up
    Other hand on my ‘Station controlla
    Tryna find my boy Siva on NBA 2k
    Dats right he ain’t make it, but it’s OK.

UL Cards gonna do it agin
    My homeboy Pitino puttin’ work in
    We don’t need no Calipari to win
    No future NBA All-stars on our bench

Dirty Birds fans gotta represent
    We gotta keep Da ‘Ville relevant
    Show yer “L”s and sport yer tats
    Let ’em know ‘Ville’s where it’s at.

They see me trollin’,
    Hatin’
    Know-in’ I like to watch the Dirty Birdies
    Can’t they see I like the Birdies
    Can’t they see I like the Birdies
    Can’t they see I like the Birdies
    Gotta luv dem Dirty Birdies…..

26. BBN
    1:56 pm August 20, 2013 Permalink

24) I’m a uk grad and fan, queerbate.

27. Encore
    2:01 pm August 20, 2013 Permalink

25. Haha that is great. That should be the new state instituted theme song of loserville.

28. DREWBLUE
    2:01 pm August 20, 2013 Permalink

(5) and the other 10% are the ones who go to the games because they sell alcohol.

29. [email protected]
    2:11 pm August 20, 2013 Permalink

26 yeah I got that. that’s why I said enjoy it when he’s on the court, moron. every day you come on here whining about if he is eligible, just shut up.

30. [email protected]
    2:12 pm August 20, 2013 Permalink

26 you are worse than the trolls bc you sound just like them but actually are a UK fan.

31. [email protected]
    2:13 pm August 20, 2013 Permalink

and 25 that’s hilarious. well done!

32. Tipturd alert
    2:14 pm August 20, 2013 Permalink

26 I’m starting to think you are Tipton himself. That’s what your posts sound like.

33. Loserville fan
    2:23 pm August 20, 2013 Permalink

30. 32. This man is no UK fan and certainly not a grad. I don’t believe they offer whinny pu$$y 101 at the great UK or I would have gone there instead of u of l plus I fear for my life everyday down here in the ghetto.

34. snoopcat1
    2:34 pm August 20, 2013 Permalink

What is the latest on the Harrisons? They are not on campus yet either?

35. CATS
    2:44 pm August 20, 2013 Permalink

34.) Do any of you all f’in read!!! They will be here this weekend when the rest of the freshman at UK move in.

36. Joann
    3:08 pm August 20, 2013 Permalink

35. Why HELL NO they don’t read. They don’t teach that at that wanna be school.

37. Wildcatsteeler
    5:24 pm August 20, 2013 Permalink

Great news!
    But Donald “The Orangutan” Trump is claiming it is a photoshop and so is Faux News. Trump is sending his “team” to investigate.
    So are all you wingnuts fine with Ted Cruz as president even though he was born in Canada?

38. Neveraquestion
    5:37 pm August 20, 2013 Permalink

There was never a question that he’d be accepted to UK. The ONLY question is whether or not he’d get cleared for competition by the NCAA. That has yet to happen.

39. cats2014
    7:19 pm August 20, 2013 Permalink

26) A college grad, yet you haven’t quite figured out how to correctly spell bait (bate). I have to admit that was a tough one though!

40. Stoops double chin
    7:40 pm August 20, 2013 Permalink

39-he’s a UK grad after all.

41. Stoops double chin
    7:40 pm August 20, 2013 Permalink

39-he’s a UK grad after all…