James Hearns loving Lexington

Former Florida commit James Hearns is having a blast in Lexington, and he is letting us know on Twitter. The four-star linebacker from Tallahassee is visiting Lexington this afternoon, along with a host of other highly-rated recruits, and all will be court side in Rupp Arena as the Cats take on the Tigers from LSU. Hearns is visiting with his buddy Keith Kelsey Jr., a three-star linebacker from Gainesville.

Several retweets from Hearns suggests he may be close to committing to Mark Stoops and Kentucky.

No place like Big Blue Nation.

What kid doesn’t like snow?

Keep showing love to Jason Hatcher, Marcus McWilson, Ryan Timmons, Hearns, and Kelsey Jr. as they are all on campus today.

Article written by Stuart Hammer

B.S. Broadcast Journalism from the University of Kentucky. @StuartHammerKSR

22 Comments for James Hearns loving Lexington

1. cracka
    2:32 pm January 26, 2013 Permalink

let’s start seeing some of these guys commit!

2. GoBigBlue37
    2:40 pm January 26, 2013 Permalink

Amen, I think if one of these guys would pull the trigger, it might start an Big Blue tidal wave. GBB!!!

3. Roland
    2:41 pm January 26, 2013 Permalink

Get ready to say: “WOW” on the Stoops recruiting class.

4. Hangin#9
    2:42 pm January 26, 2013 Permalink

Hey that’s me @24_7cats…

5. Roland
    2:50 pm January 26, 2013 Permalink

I hope you get more “15 min of fame” than from this website. joking

4# Hangin#9 Says:
    January 26th, 2013 at 2:42 pm

Hey that’s me @24_7cats…

6. EC
    2:51 pm January 26, 2013 Permalink

Who’da thought six months ago we’d get a bigger kick out of talking about football recruiting than basketball?

7. Roland
    2:59 pm January 26, 2013 Permalink

Lov me some UK football, I am worrying out grey hair caused by the bb team.

8. mudcreekmark
    3:08 pm January 26, 2013 Permalink

I have been a UK football fan just as long as I have been a UK basketball fan an I have always argued that we have just as good or better football fans as we do basketball fans. Anytime either starts on a downward spiral like our football team has down the last couple of years of just a few years back in basketball the fan base will start to not care as much. But all in all over the last 45 plus years that I have followed the football team our fans have been loyal fans. Even during the Bill Curry years, I still listened and watched them every chance I got. Most losing programs like ours has been over the years, that loose year in and year out,the fans stop coming to games and stop caring. Our fans have never stopped caring about our football team.

9. Graham
    3:09 pm January 26, 2013 Permalink

Are these tweets from the future!? They say they were sent at 5:19 and 5:39 today! Haha

10. [email protected]
    3:14 pm January 26, 2013 Permalink

Football is a lot harder to evaluate talent than BB. 4 star & 5 star in FB doesn’t always translate to greatness. Seems like I remember Randall Cobb was a 3 star and Morgan Newton was a 4 or 5 star LOL. With that said, recruiting is still a big part of winning in College Football. Brooks and Joker scooped up the leftovers in the South and it appears that Stoops is targeting a notch above that. If he is successful in pulling these recruits over, one would have to guess that the FB team should start to gravitate back to 6-6 – 10-2 range with more exciting bowl opportunities. If Stoops starts going in the 10-2 range some major programs will be after him. It will be hard to keep him in Lexington.

11. I hate Twitter so I won’t be sending a Tweet, but if you guys have been introduced to KSR, come on down to UK and be help us become a contender and build something special!

12. Oh, and maybe Cal could show Hearns how to make ice cream from the snow. 🙂

13. mudcreekmark
    3:21 pm January 26, 2013 Permalink

I will take a 3 star out of Florida and Georgia over a 4 star or even a 5 star from Kentucky. Competition is so much better down there. It seems that most of the so called can’t miss prospects from Kentucky some how misses.

14. All I can say is I haven’t been this pumped for football since UK beat LSU when the Tigers were #1. I always try to be reserved when it comes to excitement about football because I always eventually get burned, but this Stoops thing seems legit. I hope it is!

15. Crizzle
    3:40 pm January 26, 2013 Permalink

#10. If stoops starts goin 10-2 he will have an SEC team playing in BCS bowls. The only way he would leave would be for the NFL, and even then Kentucky would have the talent to be a very desirable coaching position.

16. Horsepower
    3:54 pm January 26, 2013 Permalink

The video highlights posted the other day of Hearns were very impressive. It looked like he was literaly blowing up people he hit.

17. StoopsoverEverything
    6:23 pm January 26, 2013 Permalink

This guy becomes more important after Lovell Peterson has flipped to GVST, heard he has grade issues but a decent blow to this class since he had 4* talent but a 3* rank, hope Hearns picks UK to make up for this happening and his academics are in order.

18. BlueGhost
    6:42 pm January 26, 2013 Permalink

Where did hear Peterson flipped?

19. Big Whoop
    6:53 pm January 26, 2013 Permalink

#12 – He needs to learn to stay away from yellow snow if he wants to make ice cream.

20. StoopsoverEverything
    6:54 pm January 26, 2013 Permalink

18: his twitter, rumors are his grades and that he is following his girlfriend there

21. Han
    7:17 pm January 26, 2013 Permalink

No coincidence that they have Cobb as the Y today and that they had Couch the day we had all those recruits last time. Shows the love we have for our football.

22. thenamerobdigity
    2:18 am January 27, 2013 Permalink

The number of stars a recruit has doesn’t directly effect how good a player is, but as a while it is a good predictor. Comparing 2 players on how their stars are is stupid… al like Sam Bowie was taken ahead of Michael Jordan. Hearns is a talent, grades aren’t.