Jahlil Okafor: “Kentucky speaks for itself”

okafor

Yesterday, Jahlil Okafor narrowed his list of schools to eight, and Kentucky made the cut, along with Arizona, Baylor, Duke, Illinois, Kansas, Michigan State and Ohio State. The number one player in the 2014 class released his latest blog for USA Today this morning to explain his new list, and predictably, had great things to say about Kentucky:

“Kentucky speaks for itself.

I talk to Coach (John) Calipari and Coach Orlando (Antigua) often and we’ve got a great relationship. It just speaks for itself there.”

Jahlil is getting ready to set his official visits, and thinks he’ll take four to five. Currently, he only has one planned, to Baylor on August 31. He says he’ll probably take that one with Tyus Jones, the 2014 top point guard who he plans to go to college with.

Jahlil got a taste of Twitter trolling yesterday when he put out his list, which he said was in no particular order. After fans tweeted back at him saying it was in alphabetical order, he had to correct them, because he listed Kentucky before Kansas: “Well, for everyone who doesn’t know, A comes before E. So, like I said, there’s no particular order. My dad thought that was funny too. It’s sad what people on Twitter worry about.”

Haters gonna hate, thanks for putting us in your top eight.

9 Comments for Jahlil Okafor: “Kentucky speaks for itself”

1. Smart Person
    11:47 am May 30, 2013 Permalink

Jahil is the KSR Gramma police.

2. E is better than A
    11:58 am May 30, 2013 Permalink

This kid is cool, I hope he can recruit his buddies tyus jones and cliff alexander to go to UK and tell Mudiay if he wants a championship he has no where else to go, and he’ll come here too. Lets hope they announce it on the same day.

3. Han
    12:00 pm May 30, 2013 Permalink

I’m too caught up in this coming year to worry too much about the next class, though the big question for me is whether Cal will go all out for Okafor and Jones, or if he thinks they’re headed elsewhere and he pushes all out for Mudiay (or if he pushes for Mudiay first to begin with).

4. kdh
    12:03 pm May 30, 2013 Permalink

He doesn’t need an official visit to UK, Illinois, MSU, or OSU. They’re all within easy driving distance from Chicago. Don’t get upset if he takes officials to Arizona, Duke, Kansas, and Baylor. It just means plane tickets are expensive.

5. Calipari
    12:06 pm May 30, 2013 Permalink

#3 I’m going to play to get all three, you know me.

6. IowaCat
    12:06 pm May 30, 2013 Permalink

I’ll take mudiay and alexander

7. Pay Attention
    12:30 pm May 30, 2013 Permalink

Mudiay is the #1 option don’t get it twisted

8. Stony
    12:38 pm May 30, 2013 Permalink

I think Mudiay seems like more of a Calipari guard than Jones. I would love to get Mudiay and Alexander or Lyles. That would be great. Bring in the Johnson kid from out west and that is a great class to go along with Towns.

9. Han
    1:44 pm May 30, 2013 Permalink

5) I’d heard Jones doesn’t want to play with Mudiay (or vice a versa), like they want to be top dog and not side-by-side like Wall & Bledsoe.

Of course, we also heard Bledsoe wouldn’t want to play with Wall, the twins and Randle wouldn’t play together, Patterson and Lucas were going to play together, etc.