Jacob Tamme Wants Your Support

The former Cat and current NFL success story has some words for anyone considering not showing up to #PackCommonwealth today:

Well said, Jacob. And might I just personally thank you for numbering those tweets… made my job a lot easier just now. #PackCommonwealth. Go Cats.

Article written by Kristen Geil

21 Comments for Jacob Tamme Wants Your Support

1. okolona max
    2:12 pm November 17, 2012 Permalink

clap, clap, clap! we’ll said j.t, one of my fav UK fball greats

2. No sucker no more
    2:20 pm November 17, 2012 Permalink

Nope, not giving UK one more red cent until they get serious about football. Not even bothering to consider one of the best coaches in the country (Petrino), like we are too good for him is beyond asinine.

I’ll keep my money in my pocket and let Mitch figure out how to pay his bills.

3. Takethoseonionsoffmysliders
    2:27 pm November 17, 2012 Permalink

What number 2 said!!

4. Chris
    2:32 pm November 17, 2012 Permalink

#2 and #3 why don’t you all just stay away when we get better and leave the seats for real fans.

5. unca b
    2:35 pm November 17, 2012 Permalink

@2. you just as well get over it. Petrino got caught literally with his pants down, and using school money to pay for her position (no pun intended). Win or lose, Any school hiring him would be nuts.

6. Fun Ideas
    2:35 pm November 17, 2012 Permalink

Let’s go sit in the cold and watch one awful team beat another awful team (maybe) because a bunch of people we don’t know (the Seniors) worked really hard for someone we all think of as a failure (Joker). Great Idea! Does it cost money to do this? It does! EVEN BETTER!

How about if I just sit home on my couch and hit myself in the head with hammer. Sounds like roughly the same amount of fun.

7. Fun Ideas
    2:37 pm November 17, 2012 Permalink

Also: Let’s hire a coach that we know is a ticking time bomb of inappropriate behavior and/or leaving us in the dust while he heads to another school.

Petrino’s dad has absolutely set this coach search back weeks while simultaneously exposing the IQ of 50% of UK’s fan base.

8. Chris
    2:38 pm November 17, 2012 Permalink

I don’t understand why people like #6 even take the time to comment.

9. Fun Ideas
    2:42 pm November 17, 2012 Permalink

#8: to make sure that my fellow UK fans know that going to see a game “for the Seniors” is nothing but a sh!tty marketing ploy to drum up interest in a worthless game.

10. No sucker no more
    2:42 pm November 17, 2012 Permalink

#5, You’re right, UK doesn’t need Petrino. We’ve got this whole football thing figured out just fine.

11. BigBlue
    2:54 pm November 17, 2012 Permalink

I would love Petrino for our next coach, but at this point let’s get this straight…it is not going to happen. Move on. I believe there are other candidates that could do a good job but let’s see who Barnhart picks. It will be interesting…

12. truth.com
    3:02 pm November 17, 2012 Permalink

me thinks Mitch is waiting on joker final home game to announce the new coach, so it wont interfere with the seniors.

13. unca b
    3:02 pm November 17, 2012 Permalink

@10, one “billy g” type experience wasn’t enough for you, huh. If they don’t hire just who you want, then i guess-be a child, take your ball and go home. That’s ok, it’ll make room for the rest of the true fans. You have fun pouting at home.

14. People
    3:08 pm November 17, 2012 Permalink

Thats a nice written statement he tweeted out, btw Petrino or bust

15. No sucker no more
    3:27 pm November 17, 2012 Permalink

#13 I’ve spent more hours inside Commonwealth than you’ve had descended testicles. If UK pisses away a chance to hire a top ten coach in the country, then yes I’m done with them and their crap.

If this was bball we’re talking about they’d hire him in a minute with no questions asked….. Oh wait, they already did.

16. bluristhurr
    3:37 pm November 17, 2012 Permalink

Just don’t bring us Cutcliffe please. He’s in the ACC and has only a .500 record, I’d rather keep Joker if UK goes that way.

17. unca b
    3:54 pm November 17, 2012 Permalink

15. You don’t know what i do, therefore you have no idea how much time i’ve spent inside commonwealth. I’ll waste no more time debating with a moron. Have a nice day at home.

18. GoCats
    4:14 pm November 17, 2012 Permalink

Thanks, Mr. Tamme. You’re a classy Kentuckian. I don’t think the others on the forum understand that even though college football is becoming more of a money making enterprise each year, the players still suit up and play because of pride. Pride they feel for the hard work they’ve put in, pride for their coaches, and pride for the state & the fans.

19. ebell55
    4:24 pm November 17, 2012 Permalink

What channel is the game on insight in louisville?

20. Jay
    5:29 pm November 17, 2012 Permalink

#StayHomeAndPackABowl

21. TC Hickey
    1:15 am November 18, 2012 Permalink

I hate our fans. A bunch of spoiled, petty pussies.