Jabari Parker schedules eight visits; Kentucky not included

According to Evan Daniels and his unlimited swag, Jabari Parker has lined up eight in-home visits and none of them are with John Calipari and the University of Kentucky. Parker met with Florida on Tuesday and he plans to meet with BYU, DePaul, Kansas, North Carolina, Michigan State, Duke and Stanford over the next two weeks.

Kentucky isn’t in Jabari’s planner but he still lists the Cats in his top 10 schools, although it’s unlikely he’ll end up in UK blue unless Cal puts the full court press on him.

At this point, Big Blue Nation’s wish list has the Harrison twins, Julius Randle and Andrew Wiggins (assuming he reclassifies) at the top.

Go Cats.

Article written by Drew Franklin

25 Comments for Jabari Parker schedules eight visits; Kentucky not included

1. Jus Sayin
    12:01 pm September 12, 2012 Permalink

I would rather have Wiggins. His ceiling is much higher. Plus him and Wiltjer on the same team can break the growing Canada recruiting ground in our favor.

2. SoCal Will
    12:07 pm September 12, 2012 Permalink

Thanks Drew. Wiggins or Young on the Wing it is. Gordon is a late bloomer like Anthony Davis so hope Cal can talk he and Randle into being the new “Bruise Brothers” to complement the twins.

3. B-Lord
    12:10 pm September 12, 2012 Permalink

This guy has Duke written all over him.

4. CatFaninBuffalo
    12:14 pm September 12, 2012 Permalink

I’m thinking Cal should go to option #2 in regards to the Harrison twins. Just a feeling after reading their latest comments and not coming to visit Lex.

5. schwing
    12:16 pm September 12, 2012 Permalink

look at that picture and tell me he’s not going to duke.

6. UKMike
    12:28 pm September 12, 2012 Permalink

Jabari is a stud, but we can’t get everyone….there are so many great players in the 2013 class, may as well not waste the effort on a kid who isn’t coming to UK and focus on Wiggins (assuming he changes class) and others who really WANT to play for Kentucky.

7. Smyrna_Cat
    12:33 pm September 12, 2012 Permalink

I don’t think anyone has thought UK was leading for Parker. No surprise here.

8. Yo Believeo
    12:35 pm September 12, 2012 Permalink

Parker will be a star but Wiggins is NBA ready. I think anybody would take him over Parker. You have to realize that Wiggins would have been the 3rd pick in the draft a couple of months ago. That’s how good he is. I hope he reclassifies.

9. Axe Cop
    12:37 pm September 12, 2012 Permalink

Eh who needs Mormons?

10. Mack
    12:38 pm September 12, 2012 Permalink

As coach stated, “The CATS are not for everyone”!

11. barn
    12:40 pm September 12, 2012 Permalink

there sure seems to be a lot of athletes who have to wear glasses these days. maybe they need to eat more carrots

12. AWAT
    12:51 pm September 12, 2012 Permalink

If we get the Harrison’s and Randle we will be in good shape. I say Cauley-Stein, Wiltjer and Harrow will all stay another year or two. Add in those 3 guys, we will be nasty again. Add Wiggins and you can hang another one!

13. You Can Call Me Cal
    12:55 pm September 12, 2012 Permalink

That’s the same Jabari Parker that Matt assured us would be a Cat about a year or so ago? Hmmmm…I love this website, but that drops cred a bit

14. Dean
    12:56 pm September 12, 2012 Permalink

I think its MSU

15. NYC_Cat
    1:07 pm September 12, 2012 Permalink

As of now, Wiggins, Randle and XRM look likely, Gordon maybe, Twins 50/50,and Parker no go.

16. Will S
    1:18 pm September 12, 2012 Permalink

He will be at Duke for sure. Randle, Wiggins much more likely to end up at UK. Although I personally think Randle is a UNC lean. FSU/UK are the only ones really trying for Wiggins. Harrison Twins rumored to be heavy Maryland leans now…. UNDER ARMOUR is all I have to say.

17. RYNO
    1:22 pm September 12, 2012 Permalink

“We didn’t want him anyway” “Cal didn’t go after him” “He’s overrated”

18. Jack
    1:36 pm September 12, 2012 Permalink

15. XRM cut us from his list a while ago.

19. downebri
    1:38 pm September 12, 2012 Permalink

No big deal if he does not come to UK. I read in an article that Parker is a private person who does not like to be in the limelight. If that is the case then I do not think he would fit in at pressure at UK and may not play to his full potential as a result of being under constant pressure from fans. Personally, I didn’t feel like he would fit in at UK anyway.

20. Yesterdays
    1:41 pm September 12, 2012 Permalink

Kid is a cross between Grant Hill and Steve Erkel. That said, he can ball, but I am interested to see what position he plays in college. Not sure hes quick enough to play 3 and prolly not the best fit at the four.

21. RYNO sucks
    2:02 pm September 12, 2012 Permalink

RYNO, don’t you have a team to support?

22. gossie21
    2:12 pm September 12, 2012 Permalink

13. Link?

15. XRM said that report was wrong.

19. The same things were said about Poythress.

20. He is a college 4, but an NBA 3. A lot like Carmelo Anthony.

Ultimately I think this kid ends up at Duke or Michigan State. I sure hope it is MSU because I would like to cheer for him. Also UK would get to play against him in Chicago in 2013.

23. theSkinny81
    2:35 pm September 12, 2012 Permalink

16 – do you follow everything you say with pushing your glasses back up your nose?

24. DoubleZeroMostel
    2:37 pm September 12, 2012 Permalink

I know this kid is from Chicago, but REALLY Depaul? REALLY? Depaul hasn’t been relevant since the Carter Administration.

25. Beavis
    3:07 pm September 12, 2012 Permalink

He is heading to Duke for sure. This time next year he will have about five pounds of jewelery around his neck.