Jabari Parker Accomplishes Rare Feat

What do Jabari Parker and former University of Kentucky point guard, Brandon Knight have in common? They both won the Gatorade Boys’ National Basketball Player of the Year Award as non-seniors. Parker, a junior who tops Kentucky’s 2013 wish list, is only the fourth player all-time to win the award before his final year of high school. He joins LeBron James, Greg Oden and Knight – all of whom went on to win the award in their senior season as well.

While Parker has yet to make any big announcements regarding his recruitment, the high praise keeps pouring in for the young man considered a better prospect than recent Kentucky signee, Nerlens Noel. Paul Biancardi, ESPN’s National Director of Basketball Recruiting, had this to say about Parker’s game:

“On the court, he influences the game with his unique ability to be both a scorer and a facilitator. The versatility allows him to score in the paint and on the perimeter. He possesses outstanding size, combined with an accurate shooting touch from deep, and has added a midrange game that makes him hard to defend. His ball-handling and passing are exceptional, as he seldom gets rattled. His overall basketball IQ and instincts to play the game at a high level at such a young age make him very special with a very bright future.”

In addition to his skill on the court, Parker is respected in his high school as a smart and hard working student who currently maintains a 3.63 GPA.

The class of 2013 is stacked and while my main desire has been to secure the Harrison twins, Jabari Parker seems like a must get. He’s got that Michael Kidd-Gilchrist appeal that can really energize a fan base. While he still has another season of high school ball left to play, I don’t think it’s too soon to start thinking about this young man in the blue and white.

Article written by Matthew Hays

35 Comments for Jabari Parker Accomplishes Rare Feat

1. Richard
    8:13 pm April 12, 2012 Permalink

Word in Da Ville is Paker is Rick’s if he wants him! We got a lot of space for next years class and it should be another top 10 baby!

2. ShelbyCatFan
    8:19 pm April 12, 2012 Permalink

Lol. Richard that shit is laughable at best

3. Cking9698
    8:25 pm April 12, 2012 Permalink

Parker has made it clear that he wants to stay in Illinois. Maybe he pulls a Bazz.
    Cal,Izzo and Coach k all want him real bad.

Richard haven’t you got over your beat down from a couple of Saturdays ago?

4. kramer
    8:42 pm April 12, 2012 Permalink

#1 no words!!!

5. #L1C4?
    8:44 pm April 12, 2012 Permalink

“Da Ville” smh…

6. Richard
    8:53 pm April 12, 2012 Permalink

Da ville was actually better than ukay this year, refs screwed us

7. BlueFins
    8:56 pm April 12, 2012 Permalink

You wish the refs had screwed you Richard.

8. Richard
    8:59 pm April 12, 2012 Permalink

Ya’ll still bringing up last season? Get over it guys that is in the past! Besides it’s baseball season. How did ya’ll like that beat down we put on yall this week? 12-0! 😀

9. Yep
    9:02 pm April 12, 2012 Permalink

Richard. I agree the refs really sucked. That one where they called 3 seconds in the lane clearly should have been 15 seconds in the “off limits penetration zone”.

10. BlueFins
    9:06 pm April 12, 2012 Permalink

Speaking of getting screwed Richard, did you see that Swopshire, a player that your program was very high on when he signed, has had to transfer because of all those outstanding players you have on your team and a team/coach first mentality. L1SL (Louisville First, Swopshire last)

11. Richard
    9:09 pm April 12, 2012 Permalink

I live under a bridge. Please come visit me.

12. Richard
    9:09 pm April 12, 2012 Permalink

Rick is doing what is best for Swop. He hasn’t lived up to expectations and Rick has brought in some Thoroughbreds in every year itching to make some noise. Swop can go to NorthWestern and make an impact! Win-Win for all involved.

It ain’t like he ran an entire team off with no warning like Calislimy did.

13. Richard
    9:10 pm April 12, 2012 Permalink

Wow they sure is a lot of people wanting to be me! I don’t blame you! I wouldn’t want to be a UK fan either! The baseball team got destroyed and the football team ain’t gonna win a game!

14. Richard
    9:11 pm April 12, 2012 Permalink

We are really good at women’s rowing

15. Rae
    9:12 pm April 12, 2012 Permalink

You still bringing up that baseball game? It was in the past Richard. Besides, in baseball season, people don’t follow college very much.

You all aren’t getting anyone like Parker. He’s a one and done, and you all want four year scruffy loveable rapscallions so Rick can look like he is overachieving.

16. Walden Schmidt
    9:12 pm April 12, 2012 Permalink

Poor Richard. Pity the fool.

17. WWMKGD
    9:13 pm April 12, 2012 Permalink

and…… we won the title. what did you do? o yea… lost to us. go cry yourself to sleep. You know what people, who constantly bring up football to a basketball school, are? sore losers 🙂 also, you know what people, who constantly spend time on the rivals fan page, are? just losers in general 🙂

18. Richard
    9:15 pm April 12, 2012 Permalink

They sure is a lot of people wanting to be me! Maybe it’s because I talk so good! I am one Rhodes Scholar, ain’t I???

19. Richard
    9:16 pm April 12, 2012 Permalink

My Moms sez I can come upstairs fer food before I has to go to bed.

20. Rae
    9:16 pm April 12, 2012 Permalink

Sounds like Richard wants to be a UK fan. He spends a lot of time here after all. Poor Richard.

21. Richard
    9:17 pm April 12, 2012 Permalink

Guys, I’m sorry. I overreacted. It just hurts knowing that we actually thought we could beat UK to get to the championship. I apologize for my immature behavior that resembles a teenage girl. I guess we all got a little growing up to do, especially from “da ville”.

22. Richard
    9:18 pm April 12, 2012 Permalink

I am the smartest boy in my third grade calss. Maybe it’s because I am 25 years old.

23. Richard
    9:18 pm April 12, 2012 Permalink

If you must talk about basketball than yes we overachived alot this year! We weren’t ranked at the start of the year and still weren’t ranked at the end of the regular season. We had a ton of injuries but with Rick’s coaching our studs finally found their game! We steam rolled through the Big East and the whole NCAA! We played against 8 players in the final four (5 UK)(3 REFS) and we still almost won the whole thing!

24. Richard
    9:19 pm April 12, 2012 Permalink

I am so stoopid. I needs attention. No one at home listens to me.

25. Richard
    9:20 pm April 12, 2012 Permalink

I sez we “overachived.” This word is not in the dictionary but I is sure we did it…

26. Richard
    9:21 pm April 12, 2012 Permalink

We lost every game to coach Cal’s UK team since he’s been coach but I is sure they musta cheeted. We are sure so good. Point blank period.

27. Richard
    9:22 pm April 12, 2012 Permalink

We almost won the whole thing. Don’t they give trophies fer that? They sure should!

28. Matt Jones
    9:27 pm April 12, 2012 Permalink

Mmmmmmm This is my fantasy so many dicks!

29. Rae
    9:30 pm April 12, 2012 Permalink

Doesn’t UL get tired of scrappy overachievers? It seems like every year they are trying to overcome the odds of injuries or not getting talent. I think that is Rick’s strategy, so he has a ready-made excuse for not winning. Also, of course you blame the refs sweetie. Good teams can overcome the zebras, if they are being unfair, and if they were blatantly unfair there would be more articles like after a couple of Syracuse’s games.

If you come to a UK blog, you get basketball talk. That is what the school is known for. Sure, we could talk about the megaton of cheerleading titles, but we don’t.

30. Rae
    9:31 pm April 12, 2012 Permalink

Also you all barely beat New Mexico and Florida. That isn’t steamrolling.

31. Screw dicky
    9:33 pm April 12, 2012 Permalink

Let’s talk ball to hell with little dicky.
    Parker and the Hairson twins are shaping up nicely for next year. I know we say this every year,but next years class could be Cals best.This years is pretty damn good.

32. stevie
    9:43 pm April 12, 2012 Permalink

I like little Richard. He really makes me feel good about not being a loser. Can wittle richie say “big brotha?”

33. Bigcat4453
    9:47 pm April 12, 2012 Permalink

Hey Richard, I’ll bet you a 10 spot that your team was ranked in the top 5 in the country when we spanked your a$$ on New Years Eve….. Wanna bet?

34. Richard
    10:12 pm April 12, 2012 Permalink

I am gonna be like John Cena and RISE ABOUT HATE. See ya guys later!

35. Dick
    11:28 pm April 12, 2012 Permalink

I’m like Richard. Only shorter.