I want to thank everyone for participating in the Twitter #IULOL contest. The winning post (featured above) is by Nathan Rice. Shane from Louisville also mentioned Mike Davis’ daughter, but lost the tiebreaker due to not having a cute girl in his Twitter bio picture. Sorry, Shane!
On to the links:
* Inside the Hall’s Ryan Corazza takes a look at the Pomeroy Rankings of Kentucky and IU. He finds that Indiana may have an advantage in the turnover department, as IU has done a great job of forcing turnovers this season and Kentucky loves to give the ball away.
* The Good Doctor Jerry Tipton writes about the friendship between Coach Cal and IU Head Coach Tom Crean.
* The C-J’s Brett Dawson blogs that King James has noticed John Wall. Brett also compares Wall with former Cal PG Derrick Rose.
* Brett’s official pre-game story talks about the freshmen Wildcats understanding that Assembly Hall will be the first real road game. They don’t know about the Gorilla, though.
* Cat Pause’s Matt May has a scouting report of the Hoosiers. Matt reminds us that IU Guard Verdell Jones III was recovering from a concussion last year in Rupp, and should have a better performance against the Wildcats this year.
* Terry Hutchens of the Indianapolis Star writes that Indiana’s last upset of UK came in
1976 1978. He also writes that IU fans don’t like seeing their rivals — Kentucky and Purdue — in the top 5 of the polls.