It’s time for Bracketology!

bracketology-1-3

The SEC slate starts on Saturday, so what better way to get all fired up for it than by Joe Lunardi’s Bracketology?  ESPN’s sultan of the seeds released his initial offering this morning, just one week after he projected the Cats as a #1 seed at the end of the year, and places John Calipari’s squad as a #2 seed in the West.  And, despite an issue with the bracket’s layout, it appears that Lunardi likes a potential Tubby vs. Cal matchup in the second round.  I’m pretty sure he does these things throughout the year to pique interest and the Cats and Gophers were a potential matchup about 20 times last year, but it still provides a little intrigue.  Full bracketology is listed here.  Here are where UK opponents find themselves:

2 – UConn
3 – Notre Dame
5 – Vanderbilt
5 – Washington
6 – Florida
6 – Louisville
9 – North Carolina
10 – Tennessee
13- Portland

Article written by Thomas Beisner

39 Comments for It’s time for Bracketology!

1. RidgeRunner
    12:06 pm January 3, 2011 Permalink

I look at this from time to time over on ESPN. But really not a point of interest to me until mid-to-late February when I start looking at what he is projecting.

2. IL Cat Fan
    12:11 pm January 3, 2011 Permalink

If we get this kind of draw come March (and you know we will), we will have our work cut out for us. Second round match against Minnesota or St. Mary’s is pretty tough. Syracuse, Michigan St., Kansas St., Notre Dame, and BYU are tough! I bet Duke gets ANOTHER gimmie, though!!!

3. Big D
    12:11 pm January 3, 2011 Permalink

Wow, we have’nt even gotten to conference yet and we’re looking at bracketology. Lunardi has more time on his hands than all of us combined do.

4. BigAbes4UK
    12:11 pm January 3, 2011 Permalink

Good lawd I would hate that draw. Syracuse would be a huge obstacle for us. Lots of other real good teams as well. ND would be tough again. Tubby would be no slouch next game either. Then you still have Mich St- always dangerous. Of course these are the type of brackets the committee loves to put us in, so we should probably just expect it now πŸ™

5. Porcino's
    12:14 pm January 3, 2011 Permalink

The Dirty Cards a 6 seed? Is he serious?

6. RidgeRunner
    12:15 pm January 3, 2011 Permalink

4..If Enes was cleared…the NCAA would have us in the same bracket as Puke and say sumthin’ like, “Well, we have consulted the various comittees and it’s time for two #1 seeds to play one another. In turn, we flipped a coin to see who would be the 2 seed”. You are free to appeal, UK.

All the other 3 #1 seeds would be asked “who they would like to play as a 2.

SonofaNCAAnogood&*%hgs%^ky

7. Reggie Miller
    12:24 pm January 3, 2011 Permalink

UT is falling hard and fast

8. El Dude
    12:29 pm January 3, 2011 Permalink

The NCAA hates us.
    The selection committee hates us.
    ESPN hates us.
    Dick Vitale (and all announcers) hate us.
    How sad are we?

9. nybrasky
    12:29 pm January 3, 2011 Permalink

SEC Player of the Week: JORTS!!

10. catfandan
    12:29 pm January 3, 2011 Permalink

Damn it!!!! Free Enes already.

11. RidgeRunner
    12:32 pm January 3, 2011 Permalink

8…We are the nation of Blue and we laugh at the face of adversity and jealousy.

It’s nature of the beast when your on top of the basketbal world.

Thats how sad we are!

12. 4-8-15-16-23-42
    12:37 pm January 3, 2011 Permalink

Cats will be a #1 seed by the end of the year. This team is getting better each game and the SEC is weak (as always, sigh), so we should be able to go on a big run to end the year. I feel good about this team. Could be a Final Four team depending on if the selection committee screws us again.

13. ThankfulCat
    12:37 pm January 3, 2011 Permalink

Anybody else notice that the big bad ACC has only one ranked team?

By the end of the year, the SEC East could have 4 ranked teams alone. UK,Vandy,Fla/UT/UGA

14. kyrobman
    12:38 pm January 3, 2011 Permalink

If you follow the link to ESPN you can see that if this bracket were to hold which it won’t. Puke has the easiest path yet again. They must have something on someone if it falls like this. Man I hate Dookie’s.

15. Big D
    12:40 pm January 3, 2011 Permalink

13) Is’nt that 5 ?

16. Al's IndiCats
    12:41 pm January 3, 2011 Permalink

If the NCAA had it’s way they’d have Dookie playing all the lesser women’s team until the final game in which they’d be playing Little sister of the Woods

17. fish
    12:41 pm January 3, 2011 Permalink

IF we can get post defense and rebounding from vargas and anything at all- just some depth- from hood / poole then we are going to be hard to beat in the tourney

18. RidgeRunner
    12:41 pm January 3, 2011 Permalink

13…I’m the only one on here who makes mistakes like that. Now stop it!
    πŸ˜‰

19. minton
    12:44 pm January 3, 2011 Permalink

I sure hope we don’t get Lipscum.

20. KB7
    12:47 pm January 3, 2011 Permalink

can someone please load the podcast widget to a more recent page

21. ThankfulCat
    12:52 pm January 3, 2011 Permalink

My slashes were misplaced. I meant UK,Vandy,fla UGA/UT, you know like either/or………………

22. Phat Jones
    12:53 pm January 3, 2011 Permalink

I’d take that draw.

23. Lincoln Park
    12:53 pm January 3, 2011 Permalink

21. Hahhaha. Keep your head up, loser.

24. ThankfulCat
    12:53 pm January 3, 2011 Permalink

Hey #21, was Terrence Jennings trying to take Deandre’s shorts off at the end of the game to get a look at a real man or was it just a dirty play by a thug?

25. Al's IndiCats
    12:55 pm January 3, 2011 Permalink

21….. nice going on the excuse, healthy….warm weather outside….too hot inside…..Jennings being an ass…..KFC buckets were full of grease….which one was it LOOSERVILLE?

26. Cats100222000
    12:56 pm January 3, 2011 Permalink

Kind of off topic but I find it interesting:

Parents sue school over haircut policy. Their son was kicked off the team after refusing to cut his hair.

27. Don
    12:57 pm January 3, 2011 Permalink

#21 Bwahahahahahahahaha

Even you cannot believe what you posted, right? According to the current state records, I believe the only players that could constitute as “cheaters’ per se, are the ones on Uluvel that cheated the law and have mug shots to prove it…am i wrong? Jennings? can’t hear ya bro…Am I wrong Preston the hairbrush beater?

Chose your words more carefully gutter trash.

28. COLLIE
    1:01 pm January 3, 2011 Permalink

KY up to 10th in AP poll.

29. COLLIE
    1:02 pm January 3, 2011 Permalink

Oh yea, Louserville OUT.

30. justlew
    1:04 pm January 3, 2011 Permalink

21- I don’t think UK will be playing in the NIT this year.

31. catinhat
    1:05 pm January 3, 2011 Permalink

How exactly did we win by cheating, dumbass? Brandon Knight’s 4.0 GPA is fake, is that it? The three Gillipsie recruits owned you guys, were they the cheaters?

I’m confused how exactly we cheated. Terrence Jones paid to play, maybe? What precisely is your allegation?

Get used to being owned, LOSER. Next year we’re loaded, so it’s only getting worse for the Tards.

BOTTOM LINE FOR THE TARDS: If you lose so many games in the Big East you end up in the NIT or a 13 seed in the NCAA, and then get your colossal beat down next year at Rupp that we all know is coming, if Ricky doesn’t take his talented 2011 team deep into the Big East tourney and NCAA tourney next year, he’s done for.

32. Al's IndiCats
    1:06 pm January 3, 2011 Permalink

21……Tough Game? Hell BOY you all got your asses WAXED!!!!!!! I really wish I could’ve made that word “WAXED” bigger, because you got “WAXED”. You got “WAXED” so bad that they were bringing in Candle manufaturers to scrape the “WAX” off the floor, ceilings and walls, Your coach even “WAXED” (wacked) the hand of his best friend during the game. Like always, your “WAX-Y” excuses are lame, like the the “WAXED” school you root for.
    Did I mention you all got “WAXED” on your own floor, if I didn’t, you got “WAXED”!!!!!!!!

33. chief_cat
    1:16 pm January 3, 2011 Permalink

Hard to believe UT is even listed as a tourney team at this point. They look terrible and it won’t get any better as they head into conference play without a head coach for 8 games. Unless they pull it together soon they look like their NIT bound to me.

34. bung
    1:21 pm January 3, 2011 Permalink

Hood will show up when he gets to play long enuff to get tired so he can relax. As a jumper at 6’7″ I wonder how he would do down low instead of Vargas right now? Will Barnhead do any thing about Jennings trying hurt Liggins?

35. SexNMentalWards
    1:58 pm January 3, 2011 Permalink

That draw says one thing to me – yet another Elite 8 for a 5th seeded Michigan State. My God. Ha.

36. Big Blue 66
    2:04 pm January 3, 2011 Permalink

21. How bout that 12 point game i predicted, gave your ghetto school too much credit. What are you doing today, taking a break from running your multi million dollar company. What a loser.

37. IL Cat Fan
    2:58 pm January 3, 2011 Permalink

I didn’t think there was going to be a college basketball video game this year. Click on the link. Funniest thing I have ever seen!!! http://img96.imageshack.us/i/nit2011.jpg/sr=1

38. bigbluemaniac19
    3:09 pm January 3, 2011 Permalink

if tennessee hadnt of beat pitt and nova earlier theyd be lucky to even get brought up in the N.I.T conversation. ill never understand how you can beat those 2 top 15 teams efficiently but fall to teams like oakland and college of charleston. no disrespect to them by anymeans, they played their hearts out an got a w. to me oakland has to be reconized. they beat tennessee at tennessee when the vols were in the top 10 and only lost at mich state by 2. if they finish strong in thier conference they could whind up bein this years bracket buster

39. Liggins is my nightmare
    4:55 pm January 3, 2011 Permalink

Not enough love for the Big East Cumbardi, I think they should get all 16 teams in