It’s Official: Crum to Coach with UK Legends

erwe

John Calipari announced tonight that Big Blue fans’ new favorite son, Denny Crum, will coach with the UK Legends in both the Lexington and Louisville games. He will join the Legends staff at both arenas and will give Kentucky fans a chance to do something that previously would have never been imaginable…see Denny Crum get a standing ovation in Rupp Arena and coach UK players in Louisville. Awesome. Never has an individual with a Louisville connection been this popular with UK fans since Perrin Johnson first began roaming the KSTV airwaves.

Another great move by Calipari and another reason that the Monday-Tuesday double in Lexington and Louisville will be must-attend events for UK fans.

Article written by Matt Jones

17 Comments for It’s Official: Crum to Coach with UK Legends

1. TXCat
    10:48 pm August 3, 2011 Permalink

What a great show – hoping the Louisville Cat fans can sell out the YUM and set a new standard for Cards fans to stress over.

2. Louisville Fan
    10:54 pm August 3, 2011 Permalink

Coach Crum is a traitor…what am I saying….We Give up! You guys win! We will always be little brother

3. BigBlueMan
    10:57 pm August 3, 2011 Permalink

(c’mon, lets practice….)
    DENNNN-NEEEE!
    DENNNN-NEEEE!
    DENNNN-NEEEE!

4. boyd crowder's bible
    10:58 pm August 3, 2011 Permalink

if it’s ok to have crum do it why not just have joeb be the legends coach??

5. Denny Crum
    11:00 pm August 3, 2011 Permalink

I’ve always wished I could coach a program like UK. Now I get my chance Sorta

6. BigBlackCat
    11:03 pm August 3, 2011 Permalink

What am I missing? Why do the bloggers on this site seem to have their [email protected] in their hand over Crum coaching a couple pickup games?

7. Teague2Davis
    11:06 pm August 3, 2011 Permalink

Steve jobs watch out… Calipari may have your job next

8. Dr. Feel
    11:07 pm August 3, 2011 Permalink

6) 15 seconds

9. BravoBigBlue
    11:08 pm August 3, 2011 Permalink

I like it. Denny Crum was an outstanding coach and is a fine person. He has done so much for Louisville and the State, giving freely of himself for charity work and lots of worthy causes. I am thrilled he is coming to Rupp and looking forward to giving him a standing ovation.

10. HilljakLinbeard
    11:09 pm August 3, 2011 Permalink

I will honor Denny with a big standing O for no other reason than his own dislike for Tom Turtleneck & Fifteeno. Any man that hates those two pricks is an honest man in my book. Bring on Denny & and shove up your Cardholes bird fans!

11. big blue
    11:17 pm August 3, 2011 Permalink

I hope Coach Cal gets ten times the standing ovation anyone gets.

12. jason the caller
    11:29 pm August 3, 2011 Permalink

Joe B and Denny have joked about coaching again together for years on their show, and both have mutual respect for each other. I imagine the chance to roam the sidelines in a competitive atmosphere, with high level athletes, would be difficult for either to pass up. I doubt Crum is sticking it to UL as much as he is reliving old glory and spending time with friends.

Calipari has always admired Crum and is very respectfull to him on their radio show. Maybe the Card brass should take a page out of Cal’s book in regards to the treatment of living legends.

13. Stud Studerson
    11:49 pm August 3, 2011 Permalink

Well I guess you can chalk up a W for the Legends team. Crum will coach circles around Cal. The teams are evenly talented, it’s going to come down to coaching.

14. catfan68
    11:58 pm August 3, 2011 Permalink

I am thrilled about Coach Crum coaching with Coach Hall…both are class acts and excellent coaches. This is great. Tommy Turtleneck should love it also…I think Coach Cal should invite Pitino and Tommy Turtleneck to be his assistants on the Dominican Team..Ha Ha

15. Stud
    8:14 am August 4, 2011 Permalink

Crum will coach circles around Cal.

16. crackerhillbilly.com
    8:43 am August 4, 2011 Permalink

Harks back to the day when UL was coached by a classy competitor, not a rat bastard.

17. tom
    10:19 am August 4, 2011 Permalink

I remember the days when UK fans called Denny the ‘Crum and Bugle Corps’!

Pitino’s ridiculous statement yesterday that he hadn’t heard anything about the Legends game in Louisville is just so childish. I would expect more from a grown man. If he is that out of touch with what’s going on with college basketball in Louisville, it does not speak well of him or his staff. I’m sure Cal would know if Lousiville pros were playing at Rupp. Just Amazing.