Is this rock bottom?

Looking back, Saturday night’s bizarre football game seems even worse. 49-7 against a team that lost to Louisiana-Monroe. Three hundred yards of offense by Arkansas in the first quarter. Three quarters of “fundamentless” football before Mother Nature and the SEC decided to grant mercy on our sad, sad souls.

I have been a Kentucky football fan my entire life. Sometimes, more so than basketball (thankfully, age breeds wisdom). I cut my teeth on the depression that was the Bill Curry Era. One of my first vivid memories as a Kentucky football fan was sitting in the stands at Commonwealth Stadium during Curry’s last season, or as the t-shirt of the guy in front of me said, “The Bill Curry Farewell Tour.” As fans, we’ve used that season as the measuring stick for bad football. After Saturday night’s cluster-eff, even those look like more optimistic times.

There is nothing even remotely positive about what’s going on with the program right now. We’ve regressed from a somewhat respectable mid-tier SEC program in Brooks’ last years to the cellar-dwelling running joke to something that people pity at this point. The point of naming Joker the “head coach in waiting” was to provide continuity. Think of Rich Brooks’ last team and think of the team you saw on Saturday night. Arkansas made us look like a high school team, which isn’t all that surprising since half of our starters seem to be freshmen these days. If you can judge the players’ attitudes by their tweets yesterday, it seems as though they are giving up.

Change isn’t an option at this point, it’s a necessity. Morale is at a low point, attendance is abysmal, and the future is even bleaker. How do you sell that to recruits? Joker’s a nice guy, a proud and honorable alum, so for his sake, let’s hope it all goes down in a classy manner.

Here’s my question for you long-suffering UK football fans: Is this rock bottom?

97 Comments for Is this rock bottom?

1. Kevin L
    11:18 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

Rock bottom was losing to WKU.

2. lexslamman
    11:19 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

UK has a football team?

3. Beavis
    11:20 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

Rock bottom,,,,no,,wait till we lose to Samford

4. Mike
    11:21 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

I never thought Rock Bottom would get to look this familiar.

5. jeff
    11:23 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

no, rockbottom will be when they vacate #8 and put our basketball program under death penalty…

6. Musehobo
    11:25 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

5) “will be”? I’m guessing you think that’s gonna happen.

7. SteveM
    11:25 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

How can it be rock bottom when we have several more games to lose?

8. SexnNursinHomes
    11:26 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

5- no, rock bottom is when jeff finds himeslf getting raped by a bunch of circus clowns and actually enjoying it.

9. James
    11:28 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

No, this is not rock bottom. We play Georgia this weekend. Ask that question after Saturday and see if you feel any better about football.

10. man in blue
    11:28 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

We seem to keep falling to new rock bottoms each week Matt. I think a new rock bottom will either be when Mitch doesn’t make any change or when he hires a new coach. Remember he is the one who hired BCG and approved the Joker hire. I’m scared of what Mitch can do as much as anything. On a brighter note it’s funny that Joker has been wearing that same rain jacket since he arrived and he actually needed it haha.

11. Varges
    11:29 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

Wait till we lose to Samford in front of 14,000 fans now that will be rock bottom.

12. davetv
    11:32 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

we are like a stone skimming across a flat pool … except the pool is rock bottom, and we are just skimming along. Sad. Pathetic.

13. Nick
    11:33 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

11. Their won’t be 14,000 fans there! Ya silly!

14. classof68
    11:33 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

Such innocence. Curry was bad, but most UK fans can’t appreciate how bad UK football has historically been since Bear Bryant. Collier, Bradshaw, Ray, Claiborne, Curry, and Joker. Even tho Curci and Mumme had some good years, they got us in trouble. Brooks ran out of time because he was too old. UK AD’s have never known much about football and make terrible hires. Don’t expect anything new this time.

15. RICK
    11:34 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

#5, Please dont say our basketball program, you are not a fan.

16. Yesterdays
    11:35 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

We have never been a mid-level SEC team. Ever. yes, we were somewhat respected, but not mid-level.

17. Rick
    11:35 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

Hold on wait a second….we field a football team????

18. Nick
    11:35 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

what’s the best part about this month in UK football every season?
    Its simple.
    UK BASKETBALL HAS STARTED!
    #9 BABY!

19. UKBlue
    11:36 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

Rock Bottom happened 3 years ago when Joker was hired, the only thing left was the fall. Joker was horrible as offensive coordinator, is really anyone surprised he’s a horrible head coach? I don’t know who had the ingenious idea to hire Joker in the first place, that person should be beyond fired.

20. kymtnguy
    11:36 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

I don’t expect that we will win a single SEC game and Samford is looking like they will walk away with a W. Since we only have one W I suppose it’s safe to say we are at “W”ock bottom.

21. cats11
    11:37 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

Who was the ex-football player that appeared on KSR before the season started? The guy that was so positive about Joker… let’s have him back on.

22. BlueHue
    11:37 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

The cops in Frankfort had to charge a man with littering yesterday. He was caught putting the rest of this years’ season tickets in the Goodwill bin.

23. cats11
    11:39 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

23. Old news. Scroll down.

24. Han
    11:39 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

Unrelated to Football, First Take just teased that Cal will be there Wednesday (probably to promote the All-Access show Thursday)

25. bmack
    11:40 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

Yes, this is rock bottom. For now. I sat in Commonwealth and watched UK lose to a 1-8 Louisiana-Monroe team en route to a 1-10 season. That’s the closest I can think of a low point approaching the depths of the current mess. And this age excuse is ridiculous. Who was the recruiting coordinator? And then head coach in waiting? Does Joker not bare fault for the fact that we have a non-existent junior/senior class? The “youth” excuse is lame.

26. Rock Bottom
    11:41 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

I’m offended!

27. PoopTooth
    11:42 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

Rock bottom was losing to WKU. You cannot lose to WKU and keep your job, period. For the love of god, spend some money, put on the hardsell, and get someone in here that can turn this thing around. Use the Calipari blueprint….hire a winner, and pay him accordingly, I know the athletics dept. can afford it.

28. LHW
    11:42 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

I have been a UK football fan for over 40 years. Saturday night was in the top 5 worst performances that I can remember. I was thinking during the train wreck Saturday night, that Louisville St. X would give Arkansas a better game. An NCAA death penalty would be a blessing for this program.

29. tom
    11:44 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

You know, I really hate it for Joker, the players and fans. It’s just a bad situation all the way around.

There has to be a change. Should have occurred after last year. We all had a pretty good idea about how this season would turn out. And it has.

I think Joker knows it. Mitch knows it (I hope) and the fans know it.

Hopefully new blood will capture excitment of the players and fan base again. But it needs to be an exciting choice. Not sure Cutliffe qualifies as exciting. lol

30. OldCat
    11:45 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

No the 35-6 thrashing I witnessed in Oct 1971 at Stoll Field to Ohio Univresity was my all time low point!

31. Snake Belly Low
    11:46 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

I didn’t think it possible to hit a low point in a lifetime of low points for Kentucky football. We are now sub-zero low. Did we have an option to continue the game? I think the players would rather take the beating and finish rather than just stop (quit). I’m not sure what the mental state of this Team could be at this point. I’d say recruiting is out the window.

32. David B.
    11:47 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

Yes, why yes this is beyond rock bottom and I feel that something should be done about this instantly…….I used to watch the football games and wouldnt miss any and now I cant set through a single game……

33. ukfootballfanonly
    11:48 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

Joker should cut every corner in the book, just like cal. Cheat to win should be joker’s motto.

34. Joe
    11:51 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

I’m not sure what book Joker’s even looking at anymore.

35. Mal Humme
    11:54 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

All my life, I never saw a QB that cant throw. Think about it, our current QB (Whitlow) CANT THROW. Our QB from last year (Newton) COULDNT THROW. Max Smith can throw, but not very hard, and not very far, and he got knocked out for the season. So we have a team led by a QB that CANT THROW, led by a coach that cant coach, and a coaching staff that cant recruit. You’d think since our QB CANT THROW THE BALL, we’d at least get creative with the run, you know maybe run some option, some wild cat, some sweeps, but no, this coaching staff lines up, and runs up the middle. Or maybe we can have the QB run, we’ll drop back in play action like we are gonna pass, and maybe the Defense will fall for it, maybe they’ll think – nah they never fall for it, they know we are running, so when our non throwing QB runs, the entire defense is waiting for him. We are as one dimensional as have ever seen us. We are a football team with a QB that cant throw, a defense that cant tackle, a coaching staff that cant coach, recruiters that cant recruit, and play callers that cant call plays. We suck. Fire Joker. That is all.

36. test
    11:54 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

Test

37. MrG
    11:54 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

We are indeed at rock bottom. As a football fan I’m trying to find another FB team to pull for. Probably Notre Dame. Always will love the Cats in BB but I’m SO OVER pulling for UK football. I had season tickets for 30 years but no more. I get offered UK FB tix almost every week but I’d rather stick a pencil in my eye than go through that torture.

38. At the Top
    11:56 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

Regardless of who the coach is right now a change must be made. There is no way anyone, administration, fans, team, or assistant coaches could have confidence in what is going on. This is a case for a complete overhaul.

39. matfug
    11:57 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

i have been die hard uk football fan since birth, i remember as a 6th & 7th grader joining the damn computer club, just because they walked the upper decks selling cokes, and i would get to attend all the games selling drinks. i would sell my first tray then find me a seat. which wasnt hard to do, at that time, the guys at the gates would beg ppl just to come in to try n fill seats. its coming to that again. i am a huge joker fan, but its time to move on. our fan base deserves better. im sure im not the only one that mingled with computer club types, just to watch football. come on mitch please put us a program together, be part of the solution, not the problem! we should be a mid tier sec team. with the chance every few years to do something special

40. Football
    11:58 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

You know what I remember?
    I remember ppl on here making comments and also articals from the staff before the year began.
    Like how they thought UK was going to have a great year. 7 maybe 8 wins… How everyone else was bad fans because we said something negative.

All we were saying was the truth. And we were mad because BarnFart and UKAA made no signs that they knew this was going to happen.
    If you know ANYTHING about football you saw this coming…..PERIOD POINT BLANK even.

I’m really proud that UK fans cut their losses and stopped supporting this program! I hope it continues if they get a Re-tread Coach… Mitch you did what no other UK AD ever ddid……LOSS THE FANS COMPLETELY!

I really hope they get better but next year regardless of who is here will be another shi- fest!
    Love UK Basketball

and I want to love uk football… Please mitch…Let me love UK football to and hire a real F’ing Coach this time. Not a retread Duke,Auburn coach…Go get Leach from Washington St pay him 3-4 million and let’s go to work.

41. millwooded
    11:58 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

thought rock bottom was when curry put couch in to run the option…but it can’t compare to the “mercy” rule the SEC gave us saturday at arkansas!..(thought that was just in little league baseball)

42. Any Word
    11:59 am October 15, 2012 Permalink

Anyone know when the game is going to start again. I went to sleep and awakened to an NHL rerun. I’m sure that the game will start again soon.

43. reality
    12:00 pm October 15, 2012 Permalink

Saturday showed me what my prayers need to include regarding UK football…SEVERE T-Storms! Our only hope is a cold front colliding with warm air.

44. DDT
    12:02 pm October 15, 2012 Permalink

Man we hit Rock bottom last year!

Joker got out the f-ing Dinomite and started go f-ing subteranium on our program.

45. Is there a Dr. in the House
    12:05 pm October 15, 2012 Permalink

Probably the most embarrassing thing was that we were not allowed to finish the game. There cannot be any team or individual pride left. Can you imagine what it must have been like on the trip back? This team needs psychological therapy. They had better close and lock the gates this Saturday. The Team may run out the gate and not take the field.

46. EracThese
    12:07 pm October 15, 2012 Permalink

Joker needs a 9.99/day special for that moving truck.

47. Red Man
    12:11 pm October 15, 2012 Permalink

Tear Down The Wall! Tear Down The Wall! Tear Down The Wall! Oh I thought this was Pink Floyd….. My Bad!

48. NoMoreJoker
    12:11 pm October 15, 2012 Permalink

I agree with #3 and #47. Samford L will def be rock bottom…and Joker needs a $9.99/day weekend special out of town…for good. Thanks to all the fans for finally making our voices heard. The K$R buffer machine is not even working to skip over the views of the obviously terribly disappointed fan base!

49. Fidelity
    12:14 pm October 15, 2012 Permalink

Can I come back once he’s gone?

50. millwooded
    12:15 pm October 15, 2012 Permalink

insiders say sheldon cooper will be the next coach…

51. jmeeks23
    12:23 pm October 15, 2012 Permalink

We need Patrick Towles back. Smith can throw but hes not very accurate with the long ball. Look at Towles 5-5 on his opening possession inculding a 35 yard (through the air not catch and run) TD to King. So we have a QB that can throw the ball efficiently. We just need a coach able to recognize that talent. No way Max Smith, Morgan Newton, and Jalen Witlow all beat out Patrick Towels during Fall Camp. Somebody made a big mistake.

52. Joker Blows
    12:23 pm October 15, 2012 Permalink

NO, Rock Bottom is if Joker is allowed to coach here after this season….then we are at ROCK BOTTOM. Hopefully Barnyard will tell him a week before the Tennessee game that his services will no longer be needed….then the team can play with a little emotion and win one for the gipper…other than that this year like the last 2 are horrible nightmares.

53. btowncatfan
    12:31 pm October 15, 2012 Permalink

I’ve have said that this is not rock bottom and those that saw the team in the late 70s early 80s and the Curry years could attest to that. However after witnessing Saturday night’s debacle in Fayetteville I have changed my mind. That was the most embarassing game I have ever witnessed as a UK fan. We both literally and figuratively quit. Larod King actually looked embarassed after making the touchdown catch. I know longer qualify my remarks by saying “I like Joker, but”. Any more for me it’s now “Joker has to go”.

54. brb
    12:40 pm October 15, 2012 Permalink

another loss in waiting this weekend!!!!!!

55. Neil
    12:41 pm October 15, 2012 Permalink

yes, this is rock bottom. i love kentucky football and this is flat out embarrasing.

56. John L Smith
    12:50 pm October 15, 2012 Permalink

And I thought I have been having a bad run lately… Thanks, Joker & the UK futbol team (cause they played like soccer players, always kicking) for putting things in perspective.

57. 3cats
    12:54 pm October 15, 2012 Permalink

Rock Bottom is Minter asking if the players knows the plays he’s calling….. who ‘s the DC of this team? caoch all the players all the time and they will know the f—-ing plays! RUN> HIT> TACKLE> BE MEAN, MADD AND BE AGGRESSIVE PLAY SOME F_____KING FOOTBALL AS IF YOU HAVE EVER BEEN ON A FIELD OF PLAY IN YOUR LIFE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

58. jpay
    12:57 pm October 15, 2012 Permalink

been watching or listening since 1976. this is as bad as it gets. i don’t even bother with it. I learned a long time ago when to stop. gawd I miss papaw!!!!

59. 3cats
    12:58 pm October 15, 2012 Permalink

AND spell COACH correctly….. if only we had one(LOL)

60. JIM 1
    12:59 pm October 15, 2012 Permalink

UK fans are experts when it comes to hiring a losing football coach. We have yrs of experience in that field. We knew Joker was not the answer.

Most UK fans know we must hire an exciting offensive coach to build a team with at least a chance to win. How about UK fire Barnhart and make Joker the new AD with the acception that he can’t hire the new coach? Joker would spend money to build the football program.

61. njCat
    1:01 pm October 15, 2012 Permalink

Fans need to send Capaluto’s arogant ass a message… you can’t take us for granted any longer. Football funds all of Mitch’s olympic sports, but he does not deserve that luxury given the abysmal leadership he has shown over this program. Nice that the vollyball team is winning – but they can’t support themselves. He needs to have a competitive football program to keep the fans shelling out the $$$ – and he has either been unwilling or unable to make that happen. Its kind of like getting a 95% average on all your quizzes and homework and then failing every major exam. Bottom line – you get a C-… or worse.

The fact that the administration and state government have not given him the funds he needs to have competitive facilities just means he has done a lowsy job of selling the importance of the program to the decision makers. He needs to be held accountable for embarrasing his players, school and fans.

62. matfig
    1:02 pm October 15, 2012 Permalink

saturday was def the single most embarrassing game ever. i havr never seen a football game called. there was still 5+ min left n the 3rd quarter. wth? did we as a team throw the white flag? or did they actually call it? i find it hard to believe that it was lightening ALL nite. when joker walked off the field after the second delay, he looked lost and defeated. the fball program needs a huge spark! mitch who is it gona be dude! u have a stadium that basically holds 70k ppl. when u start seating maybe 10k then what? dude its coming! these arent fair weather fans not showing up neither, these are die hards not showing up. im 39, i been going to commonwealth since i was 6. seen alot of bad, but iv seen good too. no reason for all this. brooks didnt exactly light up the sky,but he had some sort of foundation layed. for someone to come in and move us forward. we have took huge steps back. i swear i remember when uk badically noone tail gated. this is what is coming, if nothing is done. show the fans you care mitch. sick of watching this crap football. we are in the sec, represent our league mitch, do the right thing. send a blank check to someone that gets it.

63. RealCatsFan
    1:03 pm October 15, 2012 Permalink

I agree with others that the Samford game should certainly not be counted as an automatic W for this team. If they find a way to lose that one, then mark it down as the true “rock bottom” for this program.

RE – coaching change: It has been said that one of the reasons that Joker got another year is that he is friends with Mitch. Memo to Mitch – if you are truly a friend to Joker, FIRE HIM AFTER THIS SEASON! It would be no favor to him to come back next year to face the wrath of the fans. The best thing that can happen for Joker now is to quietly skulk off into the sunset. Then hire a capable coach that can clean up after this train wreck, if that is possible.

64. BBN
    1:06 pm October 15, 2012 Permalink

UK ranked #93 and #103 in the nation in total offense during Joker’s last two years as Offensive Coordinator. In what universe do you promote an incompetent person like that to Head Coach? A few people have mentioned that Mitch Barnhart & the UK administration went along with promoting Joker because he would not be too demanding and would not complain so much about using football revenue for the Olympic sports. I believe there is more truth to that than what is being mentioned. Barnhart & now Capiluouto will look for another coach who will keep quiet about their pilfering football revenue and charging our football players out of state tuition. I think that is a main reason David Cutcliffe has been mentioned. He is the perfect stooge who would agree to go along with their continued pilfering of football money.

65. bluefan
    1:09 pm October 15, 2012 Permalink

We seem to be jackhammering our way under the rock at the bottom every single week. Sigh.

66. HackRichards
    1:10 pm October 15, 2012 Permalink

Uh…We’re underneath the Bedrock.

67. snarkster
    1:18 pm October 15, 2012 Permalink

The only possible lower point remaining would be a loss at home to Samford and sadly, that is a very real possibility.

68. Three Words
    1:21 pm October 15, 2012 Permalink

LMAO #8!

69. Vette72
    1:36 pm October 15, 2012 Permalink

29…you better learn how to beat Louisville Trinty first! Go Rocks!

70. Michael Durlauf
    1:41 pm October 15, 2012 Permalink

Absolutely, The worse season I can remember, and I am sixty four years old!

71. Jackson Purchase
    1:47 pm October 15, 2012 Permalink

Can UK just fold the football program and put more money towards men’s and women’s basketball

72. bford776
    1:47 pm October 15, 2012 Permalink

I just hope we don’t have a mass exodus of some of our young talent, and we have some bright spots. I afraid, Towles,Mobely,Taylor and some others are going to jump ship. And honestly, you can not blame them if they do. Not sure who is right choice. Maybe seek Tom Jurich’s opinion. He made a great choice.

73. Big Blue Coming at You
    1:53 pm October 15, 2012 Permalink

It is a new low when your team just says enough is enough and doesn’t play out the rest of the game. And Arkansas is one of the worst teams in the SEC this year. Just think how bad Georgia is going to pound us. I doubt there will be 10,000 UK fans there Saturday. Barnhart and Joker should be fired immediately!

74. CatInAshland
    2:01 pm October 15, 2012 Permalink

We would have to crawl UP to be at ROCK BOTTOM!!

75. Interesting Question
    2:14 pm October 15, 2012 Permalink

So who is the worse football HC: Joker, the HCIW, or Kragthorpe with his laminated Denny’s menu?

76. Nate Higgers
    2:17 pm October 15, 2012 Permalink

C’MON CAYUTS DON’T DO ME LIKE THIS! I THINK WE CAN BEAT them DERGS NEXT WEEKEND!!!

77. YourBoyBlue
    2:21 pm October 15, 2012 Permalink

Rock bottom is when your 1st born son comes home and tells you he is homosexual and he’s the taker. UK football is more emabarassing than that.

78. Col. David Hunt
    2:32 pm October 15, 2012 Permalink

‘Rock Bottom’ is a good KISS tune from the 1975 album ‘Dressed to Kill’.

79. wildcatdon
    2:55 pm October 15, 2012 Permalink

So you have been following uk football since 1994 or so…Well I have been in the boat since 1964 and this to me is rock bottom..This is worse than Curry years..Brooks left a nice base and Joker took it to the toilet in less than 3 yrs..Mitch needs to make a big time hire or he will lose the majority of the fan base..He needs to make the announcement now that Joker is done,effective at the end of the season..That will give the fans and players hope..

80. Bobby Petrino
    2:57 pm October 15, 2012 Permalink

Do I hear a big “c’mon down?” I mean, I’m ready to light up Lexington.

81. LHW
    3:07 pm October 15, 2012 Permalink

Hey #70…my point was a top high school program would have given Arkansas a better game. I wasn’t just calling out St. X.

82. Bg cat
    3:20 pm October 15, 2012 Permalink

No, we’ve jack-hammered our way through the rock bottom and are looking for a new bottom.

83. Chuck
    3:21 pm October 15, 2012 Permalink

I’m with you #80. How did Charlie Bradshaw win some games with the “thin blue line”? Some of those players played on both sides of the ball. He made men out of those boys. In 6 yrs.as coach his teams gave up 30+ points 12 times and over 40 3 times. Blanton Collier’s 1960 team shut out 5 of their 10 opponents. I don’t want to hear these people say it can’t be done at UK. GET THE RIGHT COACH!!!!

84. b-dub
    3:25 pm October 15, 2012 Permalink

The really sad thing is that Mitch DID know how bad it was last year. He told a supporter at an event in Paducah that the program was worse than it appeared even then- and that was early last season.
    It’s a shame because I do believe that Joker is a nice and loyal guy but is in way over his head. It’s a shame he has just been left out there to become a whipping boy. Mitch should have stepped in way before now.
    Now we’re one more year behind and likely to lose some of our best talent because of how bad the program has become.

85. BravoBigBlue
    3:48 pm October 15, 2012 Permalink

Rock bottom? Nooooooo, not yet. We’ve still got a few games left to play. Give it some more time.

86. STEVE!
    4:13 pm October 15, 2012 Permalink

That comparison is an insult to the Rock Bottom, one of the more exciting and fun wrestling moves when THE ROCK was on WWE every week. This is not fun or exciting. Taking advantage of the Mercy Rule is the most humiliating thing since UL took a knee at the end of the game during one of the beatings Petrino gave us so we wouldn’t cry about them running up the score.

87. Chuck
    4:33 pm October 15, 2012 Permalink

Hire Sonny Dykes from La.Tech before Arkansas grabs him. If we’d get him we’d keep Towles and Smith. He’d have some fine young talent to put his high powered offense to work along with some good young receivers returning. We don’t want Cutliffe if he’s a friend of the Rev. Mitch.

88. nerlensnoelshair
    5:12 pm October 15, 2012 Permalink

I understand we are young, but what happened to all the juniors and seniors? Kicked off, quit?

89. CatGrad7072
    5:23 pm October 15, 2012 Permalink

Like 83 said, we’ve jackhammered through. We’ll be surfacing in China by the time of the UT game.

90. BBB
    5:31 pm October 15, 2012 Permalink

We insult rock bottom. Really we got “mercy ruled”. The rock is sitting on top of us.

91. Big Whoop
    5:31 pm October 15, 2012 Permalink

Rock Bottom? Hardly. We used to have a card section until the members started throwing their cards at Charlie Bradshaw and singing, “Goodbye Charlie, Hate to see you go.”

John Ray may have been the worst.

92. Opti
    6:05 pm October 15, 2012 Permalink

No, John Ray acually coached a decent defense and we had a couple upsets of top 10 teams during his few years.
    As bad as Ray was he was a lot better than what we have now.

I have been a huge fan of UK football for over 6 decades…and I can assure you…this is the lowest it has ever been.

If Barnhart announces that Joker is gone at the end of the season…at least it gives the fans time to heal a little bit and maybe even to wish Joker farewell as he exits.

If not, this may turn into the ugliest season in college football history.

93. Chuck
    6:51 pm October 15, 2012 Permalink

Sonny Dykes would be a great hire. We could bring back the “air raid”. But I would only want him if he would stress defense as much as offense. I don’t want any 57-56 losses.

94. BlueCat
    8:12 pm October 15, 2012 Permalink

Ask that question after the Samford game.

95. Chuck
    9:00 pm October 15, 2012 Permalink

The thing that has really confused me about Joker’s coaching ability is the fact he talks about all of the young talent that is capable of playing in the SEC and when the season starts they hardly make an appearance. All the hype about Mobley being a great, hard running, punishing runner and yet he seldom gets in.Collins and all his game breaking speed, etc, etc, etc. and yet he gets limited playing time. And of course not having Whitlow and Towles ready in case Smith gets hurt. Joker and his staff have been the worst when it comes to coaching in the SEC. He has stated we were getting SEC type players but we continue to miss out on some very good in state players.

96. medavis68
    7:04 am October 16, 2012 Permalink

Yes, it is the bottom. At least we had some good times and entertainment along the way with Hal before we were decimated by the NCAA sanctions. Joker has led us through a fast and steady decline to the bottom of the SEC after Grandpa built us into a mediocre but consistent performer.