Is there a game tonight? (Monday Show Thread)

scaled.AP120402137877_t653

Oh wait, wrong year.

There’s a big game tonight and I suppose we should talk about it. Listen to Matt and Ryan cope with a possible Louisville national title on this edition of Kentucky Sports Radio.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Topics include:

— the National Championship game

— Gregg Doyel calls in to talk about the Boeheim spat

— Football!

— Much More….

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

218 Comments for Is there a game tonight? (Monday Show Thread)

1. DrSayre
    10:03 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

Today I am wearing my 2012 National Championship shirt for the last time while Kentucky is still the defending National Champions…but hopefully 1 year from today I will be buying my 2014 National Championship shirt after work! On a serious note, there is a ton of people living in third world countries in need of clothes…I hope Louisville doesn’t let them down so they can all get their limited edition 2013 Louisville National Championship shirts! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vO5hYhLI7Fc

2. UK_JB
    10:04 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

I heard there is a game tonight? Well at least the floor is UK blue! Sorry Michigan, you aren’t BBN. Big Navy Blue Nation maybe? SPRING GAME IS COMING!!!

3. Will
    10:04 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

2 questions. 1. Will you comment on next year’s roster and 2. When will the new website be ready.

4. Fake_New_KSR_Site
    10:05 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

I’ll be up and running soon… maybe.

5. Fake_TG_Thunder_Shuck
    10:06 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

Weather isn’t looking that great this weekend… let’s hope it changes!

6. robuk
    10:06 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

I WILL NOT PULL FOR UL, I WANTED THEM TO LOSE THE DUKE GAME. I WILL NEVER PULL FOR THEM NO MATTER WHAT.

7. John Cena
    10:06 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

Hey, dont forget about Raw the day after I won the title last night at Wrestlemania!

8. kramer
    10:07 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

not watching tonight….all be over soon….

9. BlueFins
    10:07 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

Matt, ask Gregg Doyel if all the Louisville/Pitino articles are just for hits?

10. Kidnut
    10:08 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

I probably won’t watch the game tonight, good luck to Louisville!

11. robuk
    10:08 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

Last week was a UL suck fest and this week will be as well. I will not take part.

12. inlinefor9
    10:09 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

I’m really not going to be able to listen today if we talk about UofL much. I can’t turn on any sports-related media without seeing UofL. Can’t handle it anymore. Not hating the show, just can’t listen to it anymore if we talk about it much today.

13. Too much love
    10:09 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

Don’t care to hear anything about the loserville shards. Therefore I WILL NOT BE LISTENING TO THE SHOW TODAY. Thanks for ruining it Matt! They are irrelevant WE NEED TO START ACTING LIKE IT.

14. Nick
    10:09 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

No way I’m pulling for U of L tonight! Michigan by 5 in an ugly game.

15. Kidnut
    10:09 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

One of the funniest things I heard Saturday night was between games on XM radio and the exchange between Bill Walton and Jim Gray. I think Walton may have been drunk, it was ridiculous.

16. Travis
    10:10 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

The ONLY game that I am going to watch from start to finish today is the Manchester Darby between United and City on ESPN at 2:30pm ET. I will only watch the NCAA Championship game if I know Michigan will win. Once I know UL is going to win, I am turning the game off.

And speaking on rivalries, ask a United or City fan if he or she would ever fathom cheering for the other team. You are more likely to get them to shoot their mother (I needed something extreme) or quit drinking beer. Lol

GO BLUE!

17. UK_JB
    10:10 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

So have you moved back to Lexington uncle matt? I would after tonight…

18. Boogie Fan
    10:11 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

Do you think CBS will show Kevin Ware tonight? They hardly showed him at all Saturday.

19. Travis
    10:11 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

Matt…please don’t mention Kevin Ware today. The CJ tweeted about him constantly during the game and ESPN is blowing him so hard that they typically only reserve for Manning or Tebow.

20. nathan
    10:12 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

Totally agree Matt…

21. Michael
    10:12 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

I too suffer from Ware fatigue.

22. Bluegrass
    10:13 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

Did you see the SNL skit with Charles Barkley talking about the Ware injury? Funny!

23. SoILCat
    10:13 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

Anyone notice all the positive Pitino coverage? If he was still at UK do you think there would be hundreds of Porcini’s stories?

24. Fake_Bill_Bad_Lamb
    10:13 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

If they had lost Saturday it wouldn’t be a big deal, that’s my point of view.

25. Edd
    10:13 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

I’m still hungover from the Kevin Ware cam drinking game.

26. lakesidecatsfan
    10:13 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

they didnt suck the marrow out, it fell out…on the floor

27. PhilArgento
    10:13 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

Doyle is a jerk and proved it with his question and the time he asked it. Why not discuss the game? The block/charge call?

28. BlueFins
    10:14 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

I have more than a little Kevin Ware fatigue. If I was his team mate I would’ve kicked him in the other leg by now.

29. UK2K
    10:14 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

Agree Matt.. Major Ware fatigue. If he can fly to Atlanta and be with the team at all events, lets agee it probably wasnt that bad of an injury

30. Nerlens
    10:14 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

How come I don’t get any love? After all, I volunteer my time at Special Olympics, children’s hospitals, and nursing homes. Sure don’t see Kevin Ware doing any of that!

31. robuk
    10:14 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

Matt if you call off Louisville hate day I will stop loving you and KSR.

32. inlinefor9
    10:15 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

Just posted this so not sure why it didn’t get posted but:

To the Wichita St coach’s defense, Tim Henderson was 4 for 17 from 3 for the season. I wouldn’t exactly call that a 3 pt threat. Their game plan was pack in the lane and force UofL to hit a lot of 3′s.

Henderson changed the momentum, but if they would have gameplanned for Luke H they would’ve won. Only guy you needed to gaurd closely on the 3 pt line.

33. Waddy Body
    10:15 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

Some may say the the media is beating a dead horse with the Ware story. I say they are beating the glue bottle. Sorry for the kid, lets move on!!!

34. Fake_Sue_Wylie
    10:15 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

Kevin Ware is doing my old show today

35. JackB
    10:15 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

Kevin Ware is temporarily the Tim Tebow. Non-Florida fans, especially in the SEC, hated Tebow when he was at Florida – not because of anything Tebow did – but because ESPN wouldn’t shut up about him. Now – everyone won’t shut up about Ware. It wasn’t Tebow’s fault then and it isn’t Ware’s fault now. But I’m sick of seeing and hearing about him.

36. Edd
    10:15 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

I was tired of the story before they even got him off the court.

37. inlinefor9
    10:16 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

The gunshots were reported by WHAS11 so pretty likely they happened.

38. Jax Teller
    10:16 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

I saw a tweet from Yahoo and NBC (I think) that said “Kevin Ware is cheering for Louisville” with a picture of him.

Really?!?! Because the rest of the season he wasn’t cheering for Louisville?

39. Boogie Fan
    10:16 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

The Louisville media didn’t report looting when there was all that flooding a few years back, so they probably won’t report any rioting tonight.

40. Delk for 3
    10:17 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

Reports there were gun shots? There were certainly gun shots.

41. ToastedKitties
    10:17 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

watt time’s the UK game tonite??? (Ooops, sorry, 4gawt that they’re “tOast”!!! — LMAO)

42. Win it for the Wolverines
    10:17 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

Someone was shot in their foot on Limestone and Virginia the night we won last year.

43. KB
    10:17 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

Has anyone else seen Louisville fans using the word “Cardlanta”? It’s all over my Twitter feed, and its obnoxious.

44. UK2K
    10:17 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

Had a friend tell me that works in a ER,they see injurys everday like Ware.Happens alot in car accidents.

45. Delk for 3
    10:18 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

Why does Matt say about Louisville that “they deserve to win.” Does Michigan not deserve to win?

46. Kidnut
    10:18 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

If Louisville wins then there will be joy in the lives of people I know and care about. That is why I root for Louisville.

47. BigBlueCPA
    10:19 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

Matt, Saturday night there was alot of incidents of gun shots, and general stupid stuff related to UL’s win. Coincidently, all of the vandalism and drunken stupidity on campus at UL stayed out of the news. That of course is due to that Turtle necked dictator….Tom Jong Un

48. ROSE
    10:20 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

CHECK OUT THE FALCON CAM, YOU CAN SEEM ALL THE CHICKS! HOW MANY DO YOU COUNT?

49. Sherry
    10:20 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

I’m a huge UK fan and you spoke about a “prize”…well, if the Cards win, that might help the rivalry, good for the state….I get tired of hearing Duke & NC the greatest rivalry…well, if the Cards win, they closer to our banner count and perhaps we can be the greastes rivalry

50. inlinefor9
    10:21 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

#46 well let’s just give everyone a trophy…

51. gasdorf
    10:21 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

i think im more tired of hearing about mitch mcgary than kevin ware

52. real talk
    10:21 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

The only way I would root ul is if they are playing the Taliban, and even then I’d still think about it at halftime

53. real talk
    10:22 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

You guys haven’t heard Mitch mcgary is the greatest thing since sliced bread

54. UK2K
    10:22 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

5. Not sure what ur looking at, but I see 55 and Sunny

55. UK Grad
    10:23 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

Can’t deny UL’s recent success, but I can hope and dream they find themselves in a NCAA investigation and this all gets vacated.

56. J A Brooks
    10:23 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

Matt I’m willing to make any kind of prop or publicity bet you can think of. Publicly shaving my head, drinking a glass of honey mustard, announcing my stupidity level on the air while taking pies in the face… Anything… Cause Louisville will not win this game by double digits. I’ll even say they won’t win period. The Kevin ware injury really killed their guard depth and limits their ability to play that non stop intense defense.

Michigan’s your 2013 champ, disagree then let’make it interesting.

57. Sir Brandon
    10:23 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

Louisville receiveth their wake-up call Saturday. They shall roll tonight, and it shall paineth me to the core of my Cayt being.

58. Fatigue
    10:23 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

Speaking of fatigue
    I have Andrew Wiggins fatigue
    Make a decision already… Gee whiz!!!

59. A D
    10:23 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

Matt, saw you out saturday night, do you get tired of people bothering you while your out?

60. Patrick Swayze
    10:24 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

Tonight we are all Wolverines!!!

61. John from Woodbury
    10:24 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

Matt & Ryan, here’s my resolve on a potential UofL title… Together with last year’s UK title and a win for UofL this year, it’s time to hang a detour sign on Tobacco Road. The best rivalry is in the Commonwealth.

62. UK Grad
    10:24 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

I only say that for my UL friends that only think we succeed bc we cheat

63. Delk for 3
    10:24 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

46 — Louisville wins. Oh joy…….Not. What the hell is wrong with you?

64. For the Twin
    10:24 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

To all of Dirty Bird Nation. Enjoy this last game of the season while it lasts. Y’all have had a hell of a season and if you do win tonight, don’t get too upset when all the national focus switches back to Lexington by Wednesday bc we are getting Wiggins and we are going to win it all next year! Sorry sausage links, but 32 and 0 is so 37 years ago, it’s coming to end next season. So have fun tonight UofL fans. May your line beards be extra thin, your clothes extra baggy and your annoying hashtags somewhat trendy. Be sure to give Peyton Siva’s dad a hug and maybe one of those ugly t-shirt uniforms, so the rest of the nation doesn’t have to see that nasty crust at the bottom of his pits. Be sure to come up with some new trash talk that is actually original in the offseason. Because come next season…CAYTS ON THE WAR PATH! The Blue ring circus will be taking the nation by storm featuring! GO BIG BLUE!

65. UK_JB
    10:25 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

Did Louisville support UK last year? Umm no.

66. BlueFins
    10:25 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

That is soooo sweet John. Guess what? You’re loser Louisville friends will not be extending the same to you next year.

67. Trublupopeye
    10:26 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

How “maybe someone can splain” is L-ville going for their 5th or 6th title. I thought it was their third. Did they find a couple more under Tom Jurich’s desk?

68. JSwopshire
    10:26 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

Heard Coach P has asked Kevin Ware to transfer next year but has asked that his leg remain on scholarship.

69. Dud Wash
    10:26 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

Does Vanetti wear all white New Balance shoes?

70. DrSayre
    10:26 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

Haha, I want to hear this Tony… can you bring him on the show for a few minutes?

71. Mike Honcho
    10:27 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

Matt, I have really good friends that are Louisville fans. They were not even born when UL won in ’86, is it bad that I do not want them to ever know what it feels like to win a championship? Does this make me “the worst”?

72. cats1068
    10:27 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

Matt, don’t crown U of L yet. Let’s play the game first and see what happens. GO BLUE!

73. Steve
    10:27 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

Isn’t there a silver lining here if UL wins the championship in that we will have a UK championship followed by a UL championship which could then open up talk for the UK-UL rivalry over taking UNC-Duke for best rivalry in the nation?

74. Delk for 3
    10:27 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

The Lexington Mayor is obviously an idiot.

75. Total points
    10:27 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

Any guesses on total points scored tonight?

76. Boogie Fan
    10:28 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

Sounds like someone who will be running for governor in a few years.

77. UK2K
    10:28 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

Matt the Governor also tweeted yest that the Whole State is behind the Cards lol

78. Travis
    10:29 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

Matt…please get Coach Lipsitz to call in to KSR today. He has an epic rant that he would love to share and make us all feel better. 🙂

79. quickie
    10:29 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

I was leaning towards the Cards in this game until Gray’s statement. He is the worst person in the world in my view.

80. JBazz
    10:30 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

Matt, I’m with you man on hedging bets against things you want to happen; hence the reason I picked Louisville in my bracket pool. But I can’t believe how many Kentucky fans I know that have been rooting for Louisville in this tournament. I was watching the game with my parents the other night, both UK grads, and was stunned when they started cheering for Louisville. I bet it’s 75-25 pro-Louisville from the UK fans I know.

81. Adam
    10:30 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

Louisville is not blowing them out. Burke is a terrific ball handler and is able to keep the ball on a string even when taking contact. with that said Siva and Smith will get into foul trouble early because Burke will be able to draw those fouls. Rick will have to back the press off and Michigan will not tuen the ball over in the half court. Louisville is great at scoring in transition but struggles in the half court. Michigan will win this game.

82. Delk for 3
    10:31 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

I will never root for Louisville. Not tonight. Not tomorrow. Not next week. Not next month. Not next year. Not in 10 years. How about never?

83. BigBlueCPA
    10:31 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

There is no reason to cheer for Louisville, we are rivals, we hate each other. Thats how it works, @NotJerryTipton said it best yesterday, “UL Fans talking alot of smack, its like they’ve been holding it in for 27 years or something.”

84. TulsaCat
    10:31 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

Madison is to two questions (even if answered already) as Cal is to man defense.

85. J in Orlando
    10:31 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

As with every UL game, the officiating will dictate the outcome…they will foul on virtually every possession…the question is how willing the refs are to call them, even if it means the game goes well past midnight

86. Rixter
    10:33 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

If you read the CJ on Sunday, there was a front page story about ‘Police reported very few incidents’ in celebration of the Final Four victory. if you then followed the story to page A10, in the last paragraph, they mentioned 6 arrests and one shooting.
    I bet Jurich has somebody fired for mentioning that at all.

87. Delk for 3
    10:33 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

81 — Totally agree. Louisville isn’t blowing this Michigan team out at all. This Michigan team is damn good.

88. Delk for 3
    10:34 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

“That Tiger Dog in ’em.” — Ryan Lemond

Is a Tiger Dog a new breed?

89. Motivated
    10:34 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

Matt, I have to tell you I ended up watching Motivation Motorcars with Ryan Lemon last night for like 30 minutes. I have no idea why but I just couldnt stop watching. Ryans comments for each car were great. I had the feeling that he had never seen any of the cars before but he had great insight for every one of them. I recommend everybody check it out.

90. taylor
    10:34 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

SOOO….did Ryan just say…TigerDog?? what is a Tigerdog?

91. Jay
    10:35 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

87 – Yup. Michigan is really, really good. Matt is wrong.

92. Bluegrass
    10:35 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

Sorry, we CANNOT call this the best Rivalry if we’re all cheering for each other. Then it’s not a rivalry anymore. There is much more hate between UNC and DUKE so they still hold the Best Rivalry title.

93. CATS BY 90!
    10:37 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

I think Ryan is “WARE”ing out the “dawg” analogy when referring to players and their intensity.

94. Daryl Dixon
    10:37 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

planning on seeing Evil Dead remake. it will be less scary than what’s on CBS tonight.

95. Delk for 3
    10:38 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

You want to see what’s going on in Louisville after they win a big game? Watch this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roqh66dKWqU. Hilarious.

96. Paducah Patty
    10:39 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

Well I survived my week at the beach with three Louisville fans. I have never listened to so much Card talk in my life. The friendship survived. I told them if they win tonight I will listen to one day of bragging and that’s it. I hope KSR is doing a pre game show at the spring game. I will be there with my family and hope to meet Matt, Ryan, and Drew!!!

97. J in Orlando
    10:39 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

There are no signs Wiggins is going anywhere in particular…he will pick UK

98. Mike
    10:41 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

You don’t know where the confidence is coming from Matt? Really? It’s called Cal.

99. inlinefor9
    10:42 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

Today has really been a depressing show so far.

100. T Cat
    10:42 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

This morning, Josh Elliott on Good Morning America said it was a great day in the Bluegrass state because Louisville was in the championship game. I’m thinking he just alienated two fan bases.

101. For all you wanting this rivalry to become bigger than UNC/Duke, if it happens, it happens. But there ain’t NO way, NO how, that you’re talking me into rooting for UL tonight. If they win, the increased pub for the rivalry will be a silver lining, I guess, but all I can say is “WOLVERIIIIIIIIIINES!!!”

102. Mike
    10:45 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

Dumbest hypothetical ever.

103. BigBlueCPA
    10:45 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

This hypothetical is the equivalent of: Would you rather have your balls chopped off with a weed eater or a rusty hatchet?

104. BlueRedNeck
    10:46 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

Time for Joker to turn in his Big Blue Nation card forever. No longer in the family – #disowned.

105. J A Brooks
    10:46 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

How about u lose your money but the laetner shot is replaced by a trey Burke 30 footer at the buzzer?

#betterhypothetical

106. kmtiln2
    10:46 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

Here’s a hypothetical for you: You don’t have to see the Laettner shot ever again, but Louisville wins and you have to take history lessons from Ryan Lemond the rest of your life

107. Mcdonald hawkins
    10:47 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

What if there were no hypothetical questions?

108. Mike
    10:47 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

#106 Bingo. That’s the way the frame it.

109. Mash Davis
    10:47 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

I think the hypothetical would have been is the Laetnner shot is replaced by a buzz beater by Michigan to win the title over U of L, but Matt loses his money. Which one would you rather have?

110. Jack Nicklaus
    10:47 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

….AND you have to do Rick’s laundry for Derby weekend.

111. Mike
    10:48 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

Duuuuuudddddeeeeeee! Pass the bowl.

112. kmtiln2
    10:48 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

I think everyone is missing the one thing we could all hope for: that Louisville loses in both finals. The schadenfreude would be delicious.

113. Sweet Hypothetical
    10:49 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

Alright Matt. Here’s one for you. What if Mark Stoops pays a recruit to shoot you in the head, thereby causing a recruiting violation that derails the program for 10 years. But, and here’s the upside, you don’t die. You get to live in a coma!

114. Logistics
    10:49 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

@106 – much better – no more Laettner and get to see Louisville lose over and over and over and over.

115. UK_JB
    10:50 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

How was Ryan’s Motoervation show?

116. Delk for 3
    10:51 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

Following Wichita St.’s gameplan against Louisville’s press is the way to go. I think Michigan will take advantage of the Shockers’ success vs. the pressure and Michigan will be dangerous tonight.

117. Delk for 3
    10:51 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

Seth Davis picked Michigan tonight.

118. UK grad
    10:51 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

Matt– would you take an Andrew Wiggins commitment tomorrow for a UL win tonight.

119. inlinefor9
    10:52 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

Sleep, we can sleep. It’s a game I truly don’t want to watch so I might as well get some rest. Results not going to change and we can avoid potential heartburn.

120. MIke
    10:52 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

119, no because we can win without him. But I would love to have him. Just not that much.

121. Cotton Mash
    10:52 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

How ridiculous is this:
    @USATODAYsports Today’s Big Winner: Mitch McGary. Best tourney freshman ever? http://usat.ly/ZuZzAS (@danshanoff)

122. squirrel
    10:53 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

damn there’s nothing on tv tonite

123. inlinefor9
    10:53 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

@UK Grad. Nope but good hypothetical. We’ll still be the favorite or close to it without Wiggins.

124. Louisville Doesn't Exist
    10:53 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

soooooooooooooooooooo. . . .why talk about me? problem solved.

125. UKGrad93
    10:54 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

Matt, we can ignore it. Louisville doesn’t exist.

126. MIke
    10:54 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

122, they didn’t say he was. They listed 5, inclucing Davis at #4, and said McGary also received votes.

127. Delk for 3
    10:55 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

Matt, I hope you have a blast in Augusta. Working for Izod, you may very well get the chance to meet Webb Simpson because he is sponsored by them. Have fun man. No better place to be in the spring than Augusta National for the Masters.

128. J in Orlando
    10:55 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

That Arizona team also had the best backcourt much like this MI team

129. UKGrad93
    10:55 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

Go Russians!

130. UK grad
    10:56 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

Regarding Siva- If I were Belein I would put 6’6″ Hardaway on Siva to disrupt him. Much like Liggins and MKG and how they affected him and disrupted UL O

131. rixter
    10:56 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

I’m not saying I would pull for the Soviets, I’m saying I DID root for the Soviet Union when Louisville used to play them in pre-season exhibition games…..

132. Don’t forget that in 1997 Ron Mercer was so exhausted that Rickie P didn’t even have him practice on that Sunday of the Final Four weekend. If only we could have had Derek Anderson! Oh well…

133. James K
    10:56 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

Matt is my guy, and I feel his pain today. I live right the BoomBozz at Bardstown & Eastern, and it is going to be miserable in Louisville for about 7 months.

The difference between Matt and I is that I am holding out hope. I will be watching that game today, and if UL loses, I will go the YUM Center butt naked and Vine-document the event.

134. MIke
    10:57 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

I guess I missed it, but why did the Tennis Channel hire Matt to cover the French Open, and who hired him to cover the Masters?

135. ukfan45
    10:57 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

Im wearing my blue. I dont own anything red.

136. ktmiln2
    10:57 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

I can’t wait to have kids, so when they yell at me to “Slow Down!” in a work zone, I can strike them.

137. Cotton Mash
    10:59 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

127, Point was he even asked that in his tweet- but hey it gets him hits I guess.
    (hate saying the word “tweet”)

138. Daryl Dixon
    11:00 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

Last team to press Michigan in this tourney found themselves down 20pts fast. Just saying.

139. James K
    11:00 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

Tonight will be the hardest I have ever rooted for a Wolverine, outside of my time as a fan of X-Men.

140. Richard The Investigator
    11:00 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

Championship games are many times won by larger margins than expected, but I can’t see the team with the Wooden Award winner losing by 15. What makes you think Louisville is that much better?

141. philip
    11:01 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

Matt why you acting like the point spread expert. You though UL destroys Wichita St. Michigan is playing with little to lose, cards are not. This win is no 15 point anything…

142. Lane
    11:02 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

While watching the Louisville/Wichita State game, my family (who say they are Kentucky fans) was pulling for Louisville. Claiming that Louisville winning the title would be good for our state. Sitting there listening to “members” of BBN cheering for Louisville made me sick. They couldn’t understand why I refused to root for UofL. I explained to them that cheering for Louisville would make me feel as if I were some how cheating on UK. There’s just some things in life you don’t cheat on, ever: God, your girl, and UK!

143. Daryl Dixon
    11:04 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

here’s another big difference between u of l and UK fanbases: Lexington police scanners: “a bunch of dumb drunk college students are burning a couch and being dumb drunk college kids. also, some chick named kate took her top off.” Louisville police scanners: “shots fired, shots fired, shots fired, shots fired. . . . .”

144. BigBlueCPA
    11:07 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

#106 Excellent Situation.

145. Wow, I even had to hear UL love for the men’s AND women’s teams on the news update at 10:00.

146. LansingCat
    11:07 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

You guys think you have it rough? I’m a Wildcat first, and a Michigan State grad. This game has no happy ending for me.

147. Cards Eat Vomit
    11:09 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

Card fans…use your social media tonight if you win. That’s 4 shots from your Nine if the party is at 4th Street Live & a quick 15 round burst from your AK if it’s moving to Porcini’s.

148. quickie
    11:09 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

UK/UL rivalry is pretty weak. I’ll bet the majority of Ohio State fans are not pulling for Michigan.

149. Delk for 3
    11:10 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

My dad brought me up to hate Louisville almost more than he did to love UK. As a kid, I asked my dad why I had to hate Louisville and he said “because I said so.” It was basically understood by me that part of being a UK fan is despising Louisville. I can’t understand any so-called UK fan who would root for those jerk-offs.

150. Dud Wash
    11:10 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

I saw Wiltjer and Polson at Graeters last night. WBA

151. eaux
    11:11 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

The Karen Sypher thing is more than enough of a reason to hate Pitino. He cheated on his wife. He’s an immoral person. Great coach, yes, but let’s not pretend Pitino is a good person.

152. KateOnState
    11:12 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

I am keeping my top on if UL wins, unlike last year. Go Wolverines!

153. Delk for 3
    11:13 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

I think it’s about time you quit having this douche on the show. Gregg Doyel is a chump.

154. Smitty
    11:13 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

Michigan is not in the top 25 adjusted D per Ken Pom….. We are in for a long night.

155. quickie
    11:14 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

Louisville fans probably don’t care enough to burn furniture.

156. Scott
    11:14 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

157. ukfan45
    11:14 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

Gregg Doyel likes Pitino?! Unfollow
    There went his UK fans!

158. Deacon
    11:16 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

Doyle came off like an a** in the Boeheim press conference and it’s not easy to look like the bad guy when arguing with Boeheim, who is a jerk himself.

159. UK_JB
    11:18 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

Talk about putting Ryan in a hard place…

160. UK_JB
    11:22 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

Uncle matt… you need to find a woman just like you.

161. UK_JB
    11:23 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

Or is Greg (Craig) was a woman you’d make a great couple.

162. Travis
    11:24 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

Gregg Doyel is the absolute best. I wish he could have a segment every day on KSR. 🙂

163. HugoCabrera
    11:25 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

An empty suit, Gregg is not.

164. bleedblueky
    11:26 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

Love Gregg and he is the BEST 🙂

165. Travis
    11:28 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

Matt…did Coach Lipsitz ever call in? He wants to speak to you guys in regards to the UK-UL rivalry. Sorry if he has already called-in…today has been a complete clusterf*ck at work and I have listened sporadically. Lol

166. Travis
    11:29 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

Random question…what would a round-table of Gregg, Seth and Ryan talk about? I feel it would be gold and cover any topic imaginable. Haha!!! Great stuff today guys!!!

167. Delk for 3
    11:29 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

While Michigan isn’t good defensively, they are the best offensive team in the nation.

168. ukfan45
    11:29 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

How can you say hes not a BAD person?! Didn’t he cheat on his wife?!

169. cats1068
    11:30 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

169-Bam!

170. NotAMathMajorBut...
    11:32 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

UL fans are claiming they’re going for their fifth title. Last I checked, when you have 2 of something and add 1, that equals 3. I guess they do math differently in Louisville

171. cats1068
    11:32 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

Matt, I understand Cuse would have played better defense but they just couldn’t score. At least Michigan can score and what is the one thing that beats Pitino’s team the most? Good guard play and Michigan has that.

172. Jeff Garlin
    11:33 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

Heres some people I want for the interview series this summer:

1. Billy G
    2. Dan Issel
    3. Richie Farmer
    4. Cousins
    5. Jorts
    6. Rex
    7. Couch
    8. Lorenzen

When is the Billy G podcast coming out?

173. Edd
    11:33 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

How about a bracket style tournament for the worst commercials during the show?

174. Travis
    11:33 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

The only think that is keeping me sane this morning after a crazy busy day at work is listening to KSR. Thanks! #snapchat #InvoicesOnInvoicesOnInvoices

175. BlueFins
    11:33 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

UL fan will not burn couches tonight, if they do they won’t get their deposit back from RAC.

176. Travis
    11:35 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

The number of times the KY Transportation PDA is played during KSR is crazy. Lol

177. HugoCabrera
    11:35 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

I get all the premature hype about UofL Athletics but, come on. CHAMPIONSHIPS measure success. No one remembers the runner-up, except for the one team in ’97. If UofL goes 0-2 the next two games, good job, but I’m not helping fund a Jurich statue.

178. BlueFins
    11:35 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

If Cards lose, Nantz will say they don’t have a leg to stand on

179. Travis
    11:37 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

On a recent Sklar Brothers podcast with Neal Brennan, Neal or the Sklars stated Nance was once caught having sex on the 17th green at Augusta. Is this true? 🙂

180. Tyler
    11:37 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

Jim Nantz? We need Gus back

181. Wesner77
    11:37 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

I think Jim Nantz will make a pun on Ware’s name like, “The Cardinals Ware the champions crown tonight!”

182. DrSayre
    11:37 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

CBS let Gus Johnson go and kept Jim Nantz…ugh…

183. Travis
    11:37 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

179…LOL. Very nice

184. Delk for 3
    11:38 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

Five boroughs.

185. Billy
    11:38 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

Its pitiful to read all this Cardinal jealousy. Really shows the class of the UK fans. No wonder you are thought of as the most hated fans in the country. Ignorance is bliss.

186. Travis
    11:38 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

“It’s ALL in the CARDS for Louisville.” #nantzism

187. Dud Wash
    11:38 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

Jim Nantz and Bud Collins would be great at explaining things to each other.

188. Travis
    11:38 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

A little trinket. “Hello friends.”

189. Wesner77
    11:39 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

By the way, the cardinals winning makes me sick.

190. Jay in Lyndon
    11:40 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

Does Jim Nance hangout with the tennis guy that gave you the tutorial?

191. BillyTheCardTard
    11:40 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

If you don’t like reading anti UL comments, then don’t visit UK fan sites. I know you Card fans are stupid, but your team is in the title game, why are you on a UK fan site?

192. keep up the good work KSR
    11:40 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

150- well said! You hit it on the nose. I didn’t grow up in Kentucky, but it only took me an hour on campus to realize how much I/we hate Louisville. All day this past Saturday, I was ticked off that I did not still have the very first UK shirt I ever owned. I bought it from some guy walking around campus after I moved in. It didn’t even say “kentucky” or “wildcats” on it…that was the best part. In giant, 4″ red letters it just said: “F Louisville.” I don’t have to tell you that there were 3 other letters behind the F. Best shirt I ever owned and completely mad that I lost it sometime in last couple years. I actually picked UofL to win it all in a free competition through a casino…and if they win I might take home between 1 and 10K tonight…and I’m still rooting for Michigan!

193. CatsFanInKnoxville
    11:41 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

Jim Nance was really funny on ‘How I Met Your Mother’ when he was interviewing Barney about the perfect week.

194. Delk for 3
    11:41 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

Watch what you say about ol’ Jimmy Nantz. He’ll be at Augusta.

195. DT
    11:42 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

Lundquist/Raftery
    Albert/Kerr
    Eagle/Spanarkel

are all better than Nantz/Kellogg. By a lot.

196. BigBlueCPA
    11:42 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

Who had the oil painting in regards to the divorce? I missed that part.

197. Fake Al Michaels
    11:42 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

Jim Nantz is just an Al Michaels wannabe

198. Jay in Lyndon
    11:42 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

Trey for Burke! Goooooodddd! Game over!

199. Brad
    11:42 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

Listened to a UL talk show Friday and heard about a site running the games in simulation 50,000 times UL vs MI and UL came out winner by 3 points. Here is a fun site to play the simulation game. http://www.whatifsports.com/beyondtheboxscore/default.asp?article=2013CBK_LouisvilleMichiganNationalChampionshipPrediction

200. Travis
    11:45 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

The Sean Woods & Dan Dickitch story. Was this discussed today? If not, it would be a great story to explore this week.

201. Mike Honcho
    11:45 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

Nance: “Louisville fold it’s Cards with a hand full of jokers, the Wolverines bring it back to Ann Arbor”

202. HugoCabrera
    11:46 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

The Michigan Wolverines make a B-LINE (Beilein) from A-Town straight into the history books! #nantzism

203. Delk for 3
    11:47 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

In all reality, Jim Nantz is a golf guy first and foremost.

204. inlinefor9
    11:48 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

Couldn’t it be something like “The Cardinals have come home to roost tonight”

205. GummyBear
    11:48 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

“The Cards are all Aces tonight” – Jim Nantz

206. Rev
    11:48 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

My ex girlfriend painted me a 3 x 5 foot painting of me as a centaur. Unfortunately, it was terrible.

207. Incredblue
    11:49 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

Nance: Wolverines hold the Cards!

208. GummyBear
    11:50 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

“Michigan is finally Fab tonight” – Jim Nantz

209. jim
    11:50 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

will lou fans chant f**k ky if they win tonight?

210. Sit-Sat-Set
    11:51 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

matt just cannot use me properly.

211. Delk for 3
    11:52 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

Nantz: “Hail to the Victors! Michigan has made a Bei-lein to the championship!”

212. inlinefor9
    11:53 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

“My sisters, sisters, sisters, sisters…you know what I mean”

Nope, no we don’t know what you mean Shooter.

213. Avery
    11:55 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

Speaking of taking Smith out of the game and letting someone else beat you, if you remember right last year people thought David or MKG would win the game for us or perform the best, but Lamb in the final game was the best overall and others as well as myself didn’t think Lamb would take over like he did, maybe only hit a few big threes but not what he actually did.

214. RUPPS_rhetoric
    11:55 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

I keep hearing how Louisville played their worse game of the year against Wichita State. I’m sorry but I don’t buy it. They were amazing in the second half, and was only down 1 at halftime. Louisville really didn’t play that bad.

215. Inspector Underwear
    11:57 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

Tell Vanetti that in 80, after ul won the championship, the first thing out of the players mouth was, “Now we’re the University of Kentucky”. So in their greatest moment of triumph, theor first thought was about UK.

216. kramer
    12:12 pm April 8, 2013 Permalink

#216 that’s right that’s the reason I hated that team so much, they were so worried about UK and putting us down. So many things have gone right for UL, this past year if I was them I would be worried, when the bad luck will start. It always does…….

217. B
    1:54 pm April 8, 2013 Permalink

Madison calls in every day, sits on hold and KNOWS he is going to ask 2 questions. I am of the opinion he has NO idea what they will be untill Matt calls his name. Geez!