Will 9:57 p.m. ever get here?
The anticipation of tonight’s UK game has seemingly made this the longest day in recent memory. Oh well…just another hour and 57 minutes.
Here are some game notes:
– Kentucky (34-2) vs. Cornell (29-4)
– Series: Cornell leads 1-0 (92-77 in 1967)
– Key stats from UKAthletics.com:
|2009-10 Team Stats||UK||CU|
|3-point FG Percentage||34.7%||43.4%|
– My look at Cornell’s well-polished motion offense from a few days ago
– Meet Kentucky’s 102-year old fan, Ive Stewart:
“Go them Cats,” she shouts from a megaphone painted in UK colors.
Stewart says in all her years, she’s never stopped loving U-K.
“I’m the same person I was one I was 40 – I’ll be the same when I get to 125,” she laughed.
– WYMT finds a former Cornell player living right here in Eastern Kentucky(about the 2:00 minute mark of the video)
– Here’s a load of DeMarcus Cousins’ videos to help you pass the next 2 hours
Some other UK notes:
– I did a check for Joe Crawford’s NBDL stats and didn’t see him listed on the roster. I then found out that Crawford has signed to play in China’s top-level league for Jiangsu Nangang Dragons Nanjing.
In his first game, a 109-95 loss, Crawford came off the bench to score 13 points and dish out 4 assists.
– Jerry Meyer of Rivals.com says the addition of Brandon Knight would give Kentucky a top 5 class in 2010. Meyer states in his mailbag:
It is appropriate to look at this hypothetical recruiting class because of the strong chance that Knight will join Poole and Kanter at Kentucky.
The projected UK class would jump ahead of Tennessee, which is currently No. 4. Whether the Wildcats would overtake North Carolina at No. 3 is a little tougher call.
Hang in there Big Blue Nation…just another hour and 57 minutes.