Introducing The KSR MLB Road Trip

mlb-roadtrip

Tonight kicks off the first and last annual KSR MLB Road Trip. Matt and I are meeting one of his high school buddies in Cincinnati this evening and heading to West Lafayette to party at Purdue before making our way up to Chicago for the first game of the trip. After the Saturday afternoon game at Wrigley Field, we’ll be going to eight other stadiums in eight days including the grand finale at Great American Ballpark for a Reds-Braves matchup on ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball. Here’s the complete schedule:

— Sat. 16 Chicago Cubs (vs Marlins)
— Sun 17 Detroit Tigers (vs White Sox)
— Mon 18 New York Mets (vs Marlins)
— Tues 19 Baltimore Orioles (vs Red Sox)
— Wed 20 Pittsburgh Pirates (vs Reds)
— Thur 21 Toronto Blue Jays (vs Mariners)
— Fri 22 Boston Red Sox (vs Mariners)
— Sat 23 Philadelphia Phillies (vs Padres)
— Sun 24 Cincinnati Reds (vs Braves)

If you live in one of those cities and have always wanted to watch an MLB game with three guys who smell like wet feet and stale Doritos, you might be in luck. We have an extra ticket to each game and we’ll be giving them away via some form of distribution we haven’t come up with yet. Just keep that in mind.

This is going to be an extremely long nine days but it’s a trip very few people get the opportunity to do and I’m happy to be a part of it. Our plan is to provide entertaining content and stories during these slow summer days, and we promise to not flood the site with MLB box scores and tales of Matt giving his business cards to the locals. We’ll write one or two daily updates on the site, but if you want to follow the journey and all of its randomness, Matt and I will be tweeting pictures, videos, etc. the whole way. [@MattJonesMLB / @DrewFranklinKSR]

I’m anxious, nervous, and excited to tackle one-fourth of America and make our dreaded return to the Canada border. I wish we could take all of you with us.

Oh, and I don’t like baseball. So, there’s that.

Article written by Drew Franklin

31 Comments for Introducing The KSR MLB Road Trip

1. UK Fan
    3:07 pm July 15, 2011 Permalink

Don’t get lost in Detroit again. This time you may not make it out.

2. Bknowsbest
    3:25 pm July 15, 2011 Permalink

dibs on the Pittsburgh ticket

3. Braves Fan
    3:30 pm July 15, 2011 Permalink

I’m going to the Reds Braves game. Hope it’s Jurjjens vs Cueto

4. Calipari'sInYourEar
    3:36 pm July 15, 2011 Permalink

Baseball is not a sport

5. kentapolis
    3:36 pm July 15, 2011 Permalink

dont be hating on D town, its safe if you dont stray more than 3 blocks from the field.

6. KYgirlinNH
    3:44 pm July 15, 2011 Permalink

Where do I get in line for the July 22 trip to Fenway?

7. Yellow Jackets 4ever
    3:48 pm July 15, 2011 Permalink

So two of the three of you on this trip will be from Middlesboro? OMFG

Just joking. Show em how we have fun in the crater!

8. gmo
    3:49 pm July 15, 2011 Permalink

I’ll smack #4 in the mouth to go to the Reds game.

9. Rockfield, KY
    3:51 pm July 15, 2011 Permalink

I’d go to the Reds game with y’all, but I am a die hard Braves fan, so there is fair warning.

10. Boston Big Blue
    3:56 pm July 15, 2011 Permalink

Lots and lots of Bourbon. That’s my bargaining chip to get the Fenway ticket for the Red Sox.

Plus I’m not some creepy old dude so there is that too.

11. Pup, MD
    4:05 pm July 15, 2011 Permalink

#2, As the Pittsburgher blogger contestant from times past, I will duel you for the opportunity to watch the Pirates flub up at PNC.

12. Tosis
    4:11 pm July 15, 2011 Permalink

I did 5 stadiums in 5 days one summer…except we classed it up by using the Greyhound to get everywhere. Nationals->Mets->Phillies->Yankees->Orioles.

I still cherish the counterfeit $20 I got from a scalper in Philly. Good times.

13. iWantToGrowUpToBeTheDrewFranklin
    4:21 pm July 15, 2011 Permalink

Does Matt Jones change his second twitter accounts name everyday? Just curious.

Also, Purdue tonight? I’M THERE!

14. Lahinch02
    5:35 pm July 15, 2011 Permalink

Drew, that ride form Baltimore to Pittsburgh should be a thrill! Pirates/Reds is a 1pm start! Make sure the radar detector is calibrated well! Enjoy!

15. Phillyukfan
    5:41 pm July 15, 2011 Permalink

My name says it all Matt I’m from eastern ky.. I’ll show you around Philly VIP style I’ll take that extra ticket to Philly game and pick you up and drop you off at the airport email me dude..and in my army recruiting office I sport a John wall, Demarcus cousins,patrick Patterson and John calipari signed basketball as well as a uk banner… I don’t drink so automatically you even got yourself a DD.

16. LuvMeSomeMatt
    6:03 pm July 15, 2011 Permalink

Matt, you have to go to the “Pickle’s Pub”, across the street from Camden Yards in B-more!

17. Kenny H
    6:36 pm July 15, 2011 Permalink

I will be in Baltimore for the Orioles/Redsox game on Tuesday night. If I see you I’ll buy you a beer.

18. mudcreekmark
    6:58 pm July 15, 2011 Permalink

The only baseball team that I have ever followed is the Reds.You couldn’t pay me money to go to these other ball parks and watch 2 teams that I care nothing about.I’d rather do a tour of denist offices in each of these cities and have root canals performed.

19. Clark Kellogg
    7:37 pm July 15, 2011 Permalink

I guess yall have 9 more days of this baseball crap to look forward to. Have at it.

I know I won’t be reading any of it.

If I wanted to read about baseball, there are a thousand other blogs I could go to.

20. wildcat_marine
    7:46 pm July 15, 2011 Permalink

Drew, I’m in lex and love the reds. Pick me and the beer is free! Seriously

21. Derek
    8:57 pm July 15, 2011 Permalink

I’d Love to go watch the Red Sox at Orioles game with you guys I live about 25 mins away! Huge Orioles and Kentucky fan!

22. Cat fan in TN
    9:40 pm July 15, 2011 Permalink

19) hey douchebag, here’s an idea…don’t read it! Just go ahead and watch cars go in circles or something. I’ve been to 17 different baseball parks and it’s a lot of fun seeing the different fields, meeting new people and discovering different cities….but you just go ahead and drink your Busch Lite while hanging out in the trailer park.

23. micah
    10:43 pm July 15, 2011 Permalink

I’ll go to Cincy with you guys! Huge braves fan here….probably even bigger than Matt Jones!

24. Another Cats fan in Philly
    12:08 am July 16, 2011 Permalink

Keep in mind that the Schmitter is a bit overrated and Tony Luke’s is a must while at CBP.

25. Another Cats fan in Philly
    12:10 am July 16, 2011 Permalink

And good move skipping over Yankee stadium… It’s also overrated!

26. Wildcat Johnny
    3:26 am July 16, 2011 Permalink

Missed an awesome game at Great American Ballpark tonight. Should have gone to it, I did and enjoyed every minute of the bottom of the ninth

27. Ben
    1:09 pm July 16, 2011 Permalink

Have a great time! Wish we were going with you! I took my 11 year old son to his first MLB game last night and the Reds did not disappoint us! What a great comeback! We of course wore or KY blue and had a great time.

28. Adam
    2:03 pm July 16, 2011 Permalink

I will be in Baltimore for the Tuesday game, we should meet up.

29. Adam
    2:08 pm July 16, 2011 Permalink

Plus I’m from Madisonville KY.

30. HoninBaltimore
    6:45 pm July 16, 2011 Permalink

Get a room at the Hilton Convention Center with a Ballpark view at Camden Yards…It’s magnificent. Party in Fells Point…Cats Eye Pub and Horse you Came in On Saloon….Edgar Allen poe’s grave is 3 or 4 blocks from Camden Yards…bring pennies…Baltimore will be your favorite spot if you get a room with a view, I promise. I live in Philly…good luck at that game. We drive to Baltimore for games..and live in Philly…

31. wildcat_marine