Indiana Will Finally Play Kentucky In Indianapolis

_DSC0260

Knox County will represent Kentucky against Indiana on Saturday night in the Great Lakes Regional Little League Tournament. The 12-year-old All-Stars from Barbourville will take on the Hoosier Little Leaguers at 7 pm in Indianapolis and you can watch it online at ESPN3. The boys from Knox County recently captured their second straight State Championship after finishing as State Runner-Up as nine and ten-year-olds in 2011. The pool play games will continue through Tuesday. The semi-final and final games will be televised on ESPN and ESPN2.

Since the team comes from a small town, they do not have access to sponsorship from larger corporations. The team is accepting donations to help support the boys’ traveling expenses to Indy and back.  Any donations can be made out to Knox County Little League. They should be mailed to: Charles Tye, 1551 Charcoal Lane, Barbourville, KY 40906.

_DSC0041

On behalf of KSR and the Big Blue Nation, best of luck goes out to the Knox County Little Leaguers! Show your support for the small-town, Eastern Kentucky mountain boys by making a donation, watching, or by leaving words of encouragement in the comments section below!

Article written by John Wilmhoff

Former beer vendor, college mascot and ESPN editor. This spring, you can also find me blogging about the Reds on blogredmachine.com. Follow me on Twitter: @JohnWilmhoff

21 Comments for Indiana Will Finally Play Kentucky In Indianapolis

1. tdogg40330
    6:02 pm July 31, 2013 Permalink

damn, 2 posts at one time, GOOD LUCK lil fellars !!!

2. They Feet
    6:37 pm July 31, 2013 Permalink

Good luck from your Bell County neighbors!

3. Al/in/Indy
    6:49 pm July 31, 2013 Permalink

Does anyone know “WHERE they’ll be playing in Indy…..By George I’ll go and root for them to kick some Hoosier arse!

4. CatGrad7072
    6:57 pm July 31, 2013 Permalink

Will Clappy sponsor the pop corn boxes?

5. Follower
    6:59 pm July 31, 2013 Permalink

They will be playing at 8502 little league dr
    Indianapolis, IN

Saturday at 7:00pm
    Sunday at 1:00pm
    Monday at 11:00am
    Tuesday at 11:00am

6. Eazy E or Eric Wright it's all the same
    7:02 pm July 31, 2013 Permalink

I assumed the tall guy in the very back of the first team picture was their coach (looks about in his early 20s to me lol). But I guess that’s him in uniform right behind the coaches in the second pic, so I guess he’s a player? If so, what a mountain man-child! What they feed them boys in Barbourville?

7. Robshairgel
    7:15 pm July 31, 2013 Permalink

Good luck boys!! Now go up there and have fun, win and show them how we play baseball here in Kentucky!! My son plays ball for his middle school so to the parents of these young men thank you for the time,passion and the financial obligations you meet to help your boys have fun!! Best of luck!

8. Bryan Frederick
    7:31 pm July 31, 2013 Permalink

Eric I saw this kid. He is only 12! Best of luck to the Knox Co. All stars!

9. Scottblueblood
    7:40 pm July 31, 2013 Permalink

Good luck guys! The state of Kentucky and the Big Blue Nation is behind you! Have fun and play the game with respect and sportsmanship!

10. Indiana Who?
    9:44 pm July 31, 2013 Permalink

Go get em guys!!!!!! BBN is with you

11. sonny in bville
    9:53 pm July 31, 2013 Permalink

Good luck boys! Hope to be there for Sunday’s game!

12. Gene
    9:53 pm July 31, 2013 Permalink

Yeah the big kid is only 12. Knox has a great team. I watched most of their games during state at Stonecrest in Prestonburg Ky. My son (Blue) was the starting catcher for the 10 under stare champs. The Paintsville All-Stars. Of the 4 little league state champions 3 came from the mountains. 10U Paintsville, 12U Knox, and 14U Paintsville again. 11U was Campellsville I believe. Proud of the mountain teams.

13. Chris Vanover
    10:06 pm July 31, 2013 Permalink

Attached is a link to the regional tournament website. http://www.littleleague.org/worldseries/series/llbb/qualify/greatlakes.htm
    The address provided above was incorrect. The website has the correct address. As a parent of one the boys, I can say we are all very proud of these boys and I extremely appreciate KSR, the BBN, the mountain area and our community for supporting this group of fine young men. They deserve all the attention that they get. Gene I am with you. I am always tickled to death to see any team from the mountains achieve something like this. If the entire state could only see what these teams from the mountains have to work with equipment and facility wise it would blow their minds. GO GET EM BOYS!!!!

14. Mooch
    10:12 pm July 31, 2013 Permalink

Accepting donations? WTF?

15. Gene
    10:27 pm July 31, 2013 Permalink

Chris Vanover I love seeing our mountain boys achieve these high goals they set for themselves. I spoke to one of your players and his parents in taco bell in Paintsville the night before semifinals started. I must say they seemed like great people with a great young man. I also agree with your equipment and facility wise comment. Everyone thinks eastern Ky can’t compete in these areas until they get here and see for theirselves. 3 champions out of 4 divisions ain’t to bad for mountain folk…lol. But I wish I could be there to watch this Knox county team there a great team. Good luck and keep reaching for your goals. God speed on your travels.

16. bigcombs
    8:38 am August 1, 2013 Permalink

Congrats to these young men. In KY right now Eastern KY owns Little League and Lexington owns KY and the Ohio Valley Region in Cal Ripken.

17. jobob11
    9:06 am August 1, 2013 Permalink

Did anyone notice that there is a tiny set of legs under the banner! that’s awesome! Good luck Knox County!!!!!

18. rick
    9:25 am August 1, 2013 Permalink

Good luck Knox county, i will be watching.

19. big daddy
    9:46 am August 1, 2013 Permalink

congrads to knox county. Not just in it but in it to win it

20. Shannon
    12:00 pm August 1, 2013 Permalink

So proud of these boys! They are all such a great group of kids. You’ve made all of us Knox Countians very proud. Thanks to all of the BBN for the support!

21. colby
    12:39 pm August 1, 2013 Permalink

good luck knox co all-stars