Indiana Fans…You can Buy a Blob of Red Ink!

First it was a display case, then a popcorn box, then a phone book, and now Indiana fans can celebrate the biggest victory in the history of their program (to hear them tell it) with a huge blog of red ink. An Indiana artist, promoted by the largest IU site, Peegs.com, is selling the above “work of art” here, entitled “The Resurrection.” It is what the scene on the floor after the Christian Watford shot would have looked like had all the fans merged into one large red blob. It will be perfect for Indiana fans to hang in their houses, next to their “Big Handsome” t-shirts and Dwight Schrute life-size cutouts and remember the program’s only memorable moment of the last 25 years. I am considering ordering one myself, not because of its symbolic value in portraying the moment when Indiana basketball returned to glory, but as living proof that every human being, no matter their age, race, gender, creed, or ability, can put something on a canvas and call it art.

Article written by Matt Jones

93 Comments for Indiana Fans…You can Buy a Blob of Red Ink!

1. Tom Crean
    9:16 am February 27, 2013 Permalink

First…. for now.

2. Gandalf the Blue
    9:19 am February 27, 2013 Permalink

Indiana is the North Korea of basketball. In the capital city their main attraction is some random useless US boat they captured in the 1950’s and to this day it is the pride of their entire military. I’m gonna go rush the court now

3. _Blackhawk_
    9:19 am February 27, 2013 Permalink

My daughter in kindergarden can do that.

4. Man Hands
    9:20 am February 27, 2013 Permalink

Don’t they realize how much respect / admiration they’re giving UK with this? They’re essentially saying, “Kentucky is the kings of college basketball and look at how we beat them this one time.”

Will there ever be a painting of them winning a big game on someone else’s court?

5. The Fake Gimel Martinez
    9:20 am February 27, 2013 Permalink

Are we sure this isn’t an artist’s conception of all the beef tainted with horsemeat stored in Assembly Hall?

(Note: All the beef tainted w/ horsemeat would also be well-coached in the art of opportune late-game flopping.)

6. Joel Lobb
    9:21 am February 27, 2013 Permalink

Geesh, how bad is that.

7. KS32
    9:21 am February 27, 2013 Permalink

My 4 yr old nephew can paint a picture that looks just like that!!

8. LeRoy Neiman
    9:21 am February 27, 2013 Permalink

Looks like someone needs to find their own painting style.

9. Ricky Penetrator
    9:22 am February 27, 2013 Permalink

Hey look – there’s me getting trampled!!!

10. andrew
    9:22 am February 27, 2013 Permalink

My dumps look better than that. Good lord.

11. Beans
    9:23 am February 27, 2013 Permalink

I thought Jackson Pollack was dead.

12. Mike
    9:24 am February 27, 2013 Permalink

I think Indiana has qualified for two Final Fours in less than 25 years. Thats a memorable time. This website, however looks like it was constructed at the dawn of the Internet. Get with the times you drawback.

13. JGrif
    9:24 am February 27, 2013 Permalink

Looks like an extremely sick animal threw up all over some guy’s picture of Assembly Hall. Bet he’s pissed

14. palmer102
    9:25 am February 27, 2013 Permalink

Anthony Davis portrait made of cereal >>>>> This garbage.

15. James
    9:26 am February 27, 2013 Permalink

I am going to pee all over a canvas and that will be artistic rendition of all the yellow on the floor when Minnesota fans rushed the court on IU last night.

16. theTruth
    9:26 am February 27, 2013 Permalink

Maybe they’ll make it a series:
    1) “The Screen” – I’m hoping there’s a painting of the illegal screen set by Cody Zeller on Teague in the backcourt that allowed that play to happen
    2) “The Trash” – The fans cursing and taunting other UK fans at the game. I know this is hard to capture in a painting, so how about a picture of a pile of dung?
    3) “Reality” – A picture of the tournament game where IU couldn’t get within 10 points of UK for most of the game.

17. josh
    9:26 am February 27, 2013 Permalink

I believe if i ate a lot of chili and stood over a posterboard and defecated, it would look like that. Just sayin.

18. BigBlueJim
    9:27 am February 27, 2013 Permalink

Now guys, let them have their moment of ‘gasm while Kentucky celibrates their YEARS of Glory! If you hadn’t even seen a girl for years on end and then the Queen of the Prom walked up to you and ask you to dance, you’d wet yourself too!

19. cracka
    9:27 am February 27, 2013 Permalink

is there a sign in assembly hall that says “hoosiege”?

20. Jimi Garden of Eden
    9:28 am February 27, 2013 Permalink

Looks like someone who ate pizza hurled on a piece of canvas…

21. UKBlue
    9:28 am February 27, 2013 Permalink

Maybe this artist can make a new painting of Minnesota storming their court after they beat IU last night. I almost feel sorry for IU & UL fans when they don’t win it all this year; too bad I think it’s hilarious.

22. Cats,Cats,Cats
    9:28 am February 27, 2013 Permalink

I saw that last night and found it hilarious. Matt, nice to see you are finally coming around and realizing who the worst, most self-righteous, and annoying fans in college basketball really are. (I told you as much last summer when my husband and I had the chance to talk with you at Orange Leaf. : ) )
    IU fans are simply the worst. Please crush them on your show today.

23. eastcoastcat
    9:33 am February 27, 2013 Permalink

Looks like the artist is trying to portray Purgatory or Limbo!!!

24. Sam
    9:34 am February 27, 2013 Permalink

That can be my rag for an oil change…

25. art enthusiast
    9:35 am February 27, 2013 Permalink

26. cracka
    9:35 am February 27, 2013 Permalink

27. Bubba Earl
    9:35 am February 27, 2013 Permalink

Dante’s Inferno

28. B-town Janitor
    9:36 am February 27, 2013 Permalink

Looks like the trash bin from the restroom of the Curves I have to clean every night.

29. Rockfield, KY
    9:39 am February 27, 2013 Permalink

It looks like a painting of the fires of hell

30. Frew Dranklin
    9:40 am February 27, 2013 Permalink

If I were a gastroenterologist, I would hang that in my office and name it “bloody stool.”

31. Paul
    9:42 am February 27, 2013 Permalink

I can’t wait to see Erin Calipari’s interpretation of this!!

32. badonkadonk
    9:42 am February 27, 2013 Permalink

Looks like my toilet after a Taco Bell and Bourbon night.

33. Han
    9:44 am February 27, 2013 Permalink

Given that they only won on a last second shot, and later we killed them in the tourney, you’d think they’d show a little more humility. And whether or not they’ve been “resurrected” will depend greatly on how they do in the tourney this year, especially if Zeller jumps to the NBA. Crean’s basically had all his notable success with either Wade or Zeller. They could end up being a 10 win team again next year, and 15 the next, with people calling for Crean’s head. How would the resurrection look then?

34. Tubby
    9:46 am February 27, 2013 Permalink

Wonder if Minnesota will have one of these after last night…

35. Rockfield, KY
    9:48 am February 27, 2013 Permalink

Zeller got exposed again last night. If he isn’t getting dunks in transition or shooting free throws, he is useless.

36. ThankfulCat
    9:48 am February 27, 2013 Permalink

The only reason Indiana has a shot at doing anything in the NCAA tourney is because college basketball sucks this year. They lose to our team from a year ago by 15.

37. Laker Cat 18
    9:48 am February 27, 2013 Permalink

Does this have something to do with Minnesota storming the court last night? Congrats to Tubby!

38. Doctor
    9:51 am February 27, 2013 Permalink

Looks like a period gone wrong.

39. Han
    9:57 am February 27, 2013 Permalink

26) How crazy is it that so far (without a Wiggins, Randle or Gordon), our recruiting class’s average height is 6’7″, and none of them are under 6’5″? We will most likely start no one under 6’5″ next year. A lot of teams are going to have major match up problems.

40. Rixter
    9:57 am February 27, 2013 Permalink

Ummm..I think you have the picture upside down!

41. jklee
    9:57 am February 27, 2013 Permalink

Why do they only have 5 banners hanging? Doesn’t everyone have 8? Oh wait.

42. SeoulCat
    9:58 am February 27, 2013 Permalink

I know a Korean girl who received (receives?) large $$ grants from the German government to create “art instillations” and “interpretive pieces” while basically freeloading in Berlin. She created one “work” of “art,” which consisted of nothing more than an empty jar into which she reportedly farted. This jar stood on a pedestal in some museum in Germany and people went to see it…and the German government paid for it. No joke.

43. Han
    9:59 am February 27, 2013 Permalink

36) Anyone who plays Indy in the tourney will have that Minnesota tape in, breaking down play after play. Indiana will get by their 16 matchup (unless they drop another game or 2, they’ll still get a 1-seed), but that 8/9 game is going to be a hard one for them.

44. donnadoright
    9:59 am February 27, 2013 Permalink

In Indianas’ last time out, did anyone else hear Crean tell his player to “fake an elbow to the head”?

45. Maybe
    10:00 am February 27, 2013 Permalink

I look at Indiana playing this year and I don’t see “it”. I’m not sure what others are seeing. Maybe the Big 10, BIG, Big-Plus or whatever, are a conference that is down this year. Heck everyone is down this year. It will probably be an entertaining tournament, but maybe not from an artistic perspective.

46. I remember friends of mine in college making their dorm room wall look like that just by splattering Testors paints on the wall.

47. Gap Tooth Danny
    10:03 am February 27, 2013 Permalink

Leroy Neiman is probably spinning in his grave.

48. Oogie
    10:03 am February 27, 2013 Permalink

OK… it shows they really care about basketball. Certainly UK fans can relate to that. And the painting, well, it’s not really that bad actually. Now having said that… there is something desperate and pathetic and totally lacking on perspective to call it “The Resurrection.”

49. BlueFins
    10:03 am February 27, 2013 Permalink

They can hang it next to the three showing the floor being rushed on them from this season. Careful, the paint on one is still wet!!

50. BBN
    10:05 am February 27, 2013 Permalink

I’m having trouble counting how many banners they have painted…
    Is it more than 8?
    It doesn’t look like it!

51. inlinefor9
    10:06 am February 27, 2013 Permalink

Why root against IU more than UofL when it comes to the tourney? This is why. I HATE UofL, but IU fans are worse. Look at what they’ve done over a shot, in a regular season game, over a team that went on to beat them in the NCAAT and win it all! My God, the guy who decided to build the Taj Mahal in rememberance of his deceased wife would be tired of IU’s act. If IU won it all, their fans would be insufferable. The monument would tower anything the world has ever seen.

52. Smith
    10:07 am February 27, 2013 Permalink

It seems to mean that IU wants to be the joke of college basketball these days. It also amazes me that people would actually spend money on this “art”.

53. I swear...
    10:10 am February 27, 2013 Permalink

…if I could buy it and burn it, I would be a happy man.

54. CATandMONKEY
    10:11 am February 27, 2013 Permalink

At least Leroy added some definition to his subjects. Seems like McDonalds had a set of glasses with purchase back in 1976; perhaps? Memory serves that they were much more “artistic” than this. What a DISHONOR to UK.

55. 47, I thought that too!

Also, I like the link to the AD cereal art!

56. Michaelgray
    10:14 am February 27, 2013 Permalink

I like that its called “The Resurrection” when they went on to lose to the same team when it mattered

57. Big Whoop
    10:14 am February 27, 2013 Permalink

# 18….not if it is Monti Te’o.

58. Invisible Obama
    10:16 am February 27, 2013 Permalink

And after the resurrection, came “The After Birth.”

59. IIX
    10:17 am February 27, 2013 Permalink

looks more like afterbirth than resurrection.

60. Cosmo Crean
    10:17 am February 27, 2013 Permalink

“It sickens me, yet I can’t look away”

61. Pgpfarmer11
    10:20 am February 27, 2013 Permalink

Awww! How cute? Look, they have five dusty, old banners in the background. By the time they get their sixth, we’ll have 12 hanging! Go CATS!

62. Stadium Frame Final Four Print
    10:20 am February 27, 2013 Permalink

wants no part of that red blob

63. U of L fan
    10:21 am February 27, 2013 Permalink

LMFAO!!!!
    My God, That’s art?? IU’s so called “Resurrection” is all about smoke and mirrors, a great big illusion!! I am in NO way a UK fan, but I have a ton more respect for the UK program than I will ever have for IU…That storming the court last year did it for me… Geez, people at least act like you’ve been there before!! BTW, The Sweet 16 rings still makes me laugh!!

64. RealCatsFan
    10:30 am February 27, 2013 Permalink

I guess this will be their version of “Final Four Prints”. I like ours much better! 🙂

65. kittylitter
    10:33 am February 27, 2013 Permalink

Seriously, what happened to IU fans? Have they completely forgotten their history? Our program has had a “rebirth” after a few not so stellar years, yet, we don’t do jr. high level art and we don’t rush the floor under any circumstances. Hey, Hoosiers, it’s time to look in the mirror and reflect on what you’ve become. Kind of an embarrassment with massive UK envy.

66. RealCatsFan
    10:33 am February 27, 2013 Permalink

Anyone see Crean instructing his players in the huddle at the 0:27 mark on the proper form for faking an elbow hit and flopping? Kind of like Zeller grabbing the opponent’s hand and making him grab his crotch. Such douchebaggery!

67. John Ellis
    10:34 am February 27, 2013 Permalink

I think this is actually called ‘Insurrection” and is a painting of the impulsive mass suicide that ensued in Assembly Hall after Minnesota destroyed the notion last night that Indiana is a ‘cut above’ and is likely to win the title.

68. Chicago Chris
    10:40 am February 27, 2013 Permalink

So they’re all zombies?

69. oldschool
    10:41 am February 27, 2013 Permalink

that’s what college basketball is all about! look at that passion, a team of experienced players who just beat a bunch of kids coached by a hustler. integrity just seeps from that paintings pores! i’m moving to indiana.

70. Aaron Craft's Rosacea
    10:42 am February 27, 2013 Permalink

He should have added about 12-15 specs of blue on the court, considering our players were getting trampled in the process.

71. TangledupnBigBlue
    10:44 am February 27, 2013 Permalink

MSN featured a story about a horse that created “art” – is he responsible for this? – Hoosier Horse painting?

72. Michael
    10:46 am February 27, 2013 Permalink

I’m waiting for the movie.

73. Will Sheehey - Actor for hire
    10:53 am February 27, 2013 Permalink

What makes IU fans worse than UL fans is that they will attack not just on a basketball level, but also a state/resident level. UL fans for the most part will just talk junk about basketball. Fans of Indiana truly feel that they are a higher form of human than residents/fans of UK. They think we are all dating within the family and cut on the educational systems. With Indiana fans- it’s personal.

74. turkeyblue
    10:54 am February 27, 2013 Permalink

Did anyone notice during the timeout at the end of the game Creepy Crean making an elbow motion? Subsequently, after the inbounds pass, HeShe faked a “flagrant” hit to his eye. It didn’t hit me until that play that Crean told them to fake a flagrant. Hope this type of bush league cheap basketball cost them a championship. Pitiful.

75. Yngvie Malmsteen.
    11:17 am February 27, 2013 Permalink

Somewhere in a driving snowstorm in Minnesota a man is painting a mural on his barn celebrating last nights victory. It looks a lot like the White Album.

76. john
    11:17 am February 27, 2013 Permalink

March 23 2012, UK 102 IU 90. UK ended your season Looisers

77. SalsaKat
    11:18 am February 27, 2013 Permalink

That sound you hear is the artist screaming after Claude Monet rises from the grave, books a flight to Indiana, snatches the paintbrush out of the artist’s hand, and jams it handle-first in her eye socket. Impressionism =/= incomprehensible blob, you hack.

78. Me
    11:33 am February 27, 2013 Permalink

How can the court and the stands be full of people?

79. Musehobo
    11:37 am February 27, 2013 Permalink

78) It’s cause their stupid seats are red too.

80. Cory Sears
    11:39 am February 27, 2013 Permalink

Young girl starts art project…… 1st period begins

81. Cats,Cats,Cats
    11:57 am February 27, 2013 Permalink

LOL, #75!!

82. Will SheHe
    11:59 am February 27, 2013 Permalink

Is that a Pisscasso?

83. Women Everywhere
    12:00 pm February 27, 2013 Permalink

Looks like Assembly Hall is on the rag

84. Jughead
    12:35 pm February 27, 2013 Permalink

Looks like my toilet paper 12 hours after a drunken Tolly-Ho binge.

85. Big Blue Coming At You
    12:56 pm February 27, 2013 Permalink

It’s not even funny anymore. It’s just sad and pathetic that a meaningless regular season win over a year ago is still being celebrated in such a fashion. The resurrection?? Of what?? They are having their best season in a long time but they still haven’t achieved anything yet. You have to accomplish something meaningful in order to call a program resurrected. Get to a Final Four or win the Championship before you call yourselves resurrected. Not winning a meaningless regular season game or getting to the Sweet 16. That’s just sad for a program with 5 Championships to their name. Even UL fans don’t storm the court or celebrate mediocrity and they only have 2 Championships. I mean Indiana can’t even hold on to a #1 ranking or even beat anyone meaningful away from home. So why all the celebrating Hoosiers? You act like you’ve proved something when in actuality the only thing you’ve proved is that you can’t be good teams away from home, can’t hold on to a #1 ranking and Crean still hasn’t gotten past the Sweet 16 but once in his career and that was almost a decade ago.

86. jacked up nose zeller
    1:01 pm February 27, 2013 Permalink

indiana fans are by far the worst they have 2 winning seasons in the last 6 and then talk crap come on guys the last championship you won was in the 80s you know nothing about winning.

87. Hisorically Speaking
    1:13 pm February 27, 2013 Permalink

The only thing you can make out in that painting is “1987”. I guess it has some relevance to prior civilizations?

88. Kevin C.
    1:20 pm February 27, 2013 Permalink

I wonder if the 3 teams…count ’em, THREE…that beat IU as #1 this year, will do something similar. I doubt it, as no other school or fanbase is as lame as IU’s.

89. MachoMan
    1:36 pm February 27, 2013 Permalink

OOHHH YEAHHH!!! Looks like a photo from my scrapbook. Elizabeth was tring to take a picture of a match between me and the RepoMan when BOOM Doink the Clown photo bombed her. OOOHH YEAHH Cosmic illusionsssss.

90. TheSunShinesBright
    3:15 pm February 27, 2013 Permalink

Question #1: How will we know when IU Basketball truly has been “resurrected”?
    Answer #1: When someone makes a print, popcorn box, and program celebrating their stroming of the home court after beating IU in the regular season. (This may never happen.)
    Question #2: How will we know when UK Basketball has sunk to IU’s level?
    Answer #2: When UK fans storm Rupp’s floor after beating ANYONE. (This will never happen.)

91. TrailerTrash
    3:21 pm February 27, 2013 Permalink

Just ordered my Minnesota victory ring and popcorn box. Still waiting for delivery of my Illini victory phone book.

92. Steven
    6:43 pm February 27, 2013 Permalink

IU forgets that the Cats decided not to let them play basketball last tournament when we shut them down.

93. Big Blue
    7:22 pm February 27, 2013 Permalink

Unfortunately, I live in South Bend, Indiana. Just saw on local news Indiana ranks 2nd in nation for depression. Explains their envy of UK and why they celebrate last year’s win the way they do.