Indiana Fans Inflict Pain on a Playboy Bunny

227351_10100167805767820_12908612_47597648_4650671_n

I thought all that could be said about the game in Bloomington on Saturday had been said. We talked about the players’ performances, the diagram of the last play and the treatment by Indiana fans. What else could possibly be discussed? But Larry Vaught found a new angle, hitting up his Verizon Droid to let us know that Kentucky’s resident Playboy Bunny had a harrowing experience on Saturday as well:

She describes herself as a “die-hard Kentucky fan” and says not much can intimidate her. However, Megan Dills admits she did feel a bit overwhelmed at Indiana’s Assembly Hall Saturday when the Hoosiers beat UK 73-72 and she was knocked down when the crowd rushed the floor after the game.

“I was not intimidate at all until the end,” said Dills, 28. “I have a friend who is an Indiana alum and that’s how I got the ticket. I was not going to miss out on the ticket even though it was just going to be me sitting with all those IU fans.”

Dills, a 2007 Kentucky graduate with an animal science/pre-vet major, had UK painted on her face and wore a UK shirt. She almost says she can be a bit “mouthy” at games in support of the Wildcats.

“You couldn’t hear yourself think, much less scream for UK,” she said. “There was a girl two rows behind me that said, ‘Sit your blonde – down.’ I turned around and probably said some not so nice things myself back. But it was a good time, or at least it was until the end.

“All those fans came out of their seats and rushed the floor like idiots. The next thing I knew, I was knocked down five or six steps. I think the guy who actually knocked me down is the one who did at least pick me up. After I got hurt, I was scared to death.”

She had a swollen ankle she could barely walk on and a doctor confirmed Monday that she not only had a sprained ankle, but also some torn tendons. The injury has forced her to cancel a Playboy photo shoot this Saturday in Indiana.

“I just can’t do the shoot with my ankle like it is,” Dills, who also has a psychology degree from Northern Kentucky University, said. “But that’s okay because I do a lot of them.”

Leave it to Larry Vaught to do the Big Blue Nation’s dirty work and find out just exactly how Saturday’s loss and subsequent court storming affected the Playboy bunnies among us. Luckily Dills will have more Playboy shoots in her future and we can hopefully move past this incident. One thing is for sure…IU fans, you can take shots at our bloggers, make jokes about our eyebrows and chant at our blue-clad faithful…but when you start hurting our photo shoot pinups…well at some point, there is only so much a fan base can take.

Article written by Matt Jones

86 Comments for Indiana Fans Inflict Pain on a Playboy Bunny

1. Cobb
    10:37 am December 14, 2011 Permalink

The cursing and the threats were one thing, but to injure a Playboy bunny? Now you’re messing with an American institution. Bloomington, I am dissapoint.

2. funny
    10:37 am December 14, 2011 Permalink

haha I used to work with her

3. JaredCarterIsMyHomeboy
    10:38 am December 14, 2011 Permalink

Larry! my favorite sports writer from Danville.

4. Designated Drinker
    10:39 am December 14, 2011 Permalink

Can we get a link to some of her, ummmm, work?

5. give em hell cats
    10:40 am December 14, 2011 Permalink

Man, really wish we could put this to rest. Really makes us look like a bunch of whiney little pussies to keep crying about how we were treated there. Please, let’s move on!

6. MountainCat
    10:40 am December 14, 2011 Permalink

STOP talking about this!!! This is an exhausted subject. You all are beginning to look pathetic, no wait you already do. BooHoo UK fans went to an extreme rivals place with the #1 ranking and a coach everyone loves to hate and were treated poorly. It’s not like we blow whistles during games or anything

7. Hartline
    10:41 am December 14, 2011 Permalink

Outrage! Mutiny! No seriously though I bet that hurt. Surprised Vaught didn’t getting taken out as well

8. Donald Trump
    10:51 am December 14, 2011 Permalink

Butter face

9. uklaw95
    10:53 am December 14, 2011 Permalink

If IU hadnt sucked so bad for so long no one would have been hurt because they wouldnt have rushed the court for winning a game that wasnt a National Championship.

10. Seriously?
    10:58 am December 14, 2011 Permalink

Who rushes the floor in December? What did they win? A non conference game, Oooooooo. Maybe they should hang a banner for it also?

11. Ezel Jones
    10:59 am December 14, 2011 Permalink

@Cobb, i know that feel /b/ro

12. Bitter Much?
    11:00 am December 14, 2011 Permalink

So….you consider the “best story ever” to be one where an innocent person gets injured? OK, then.

13. What's he doing to wojo?
    11:00 am December 14, 2011 Permalink

Sounds like a litigation case. Lose of wages, injury, emotional harm, etc. Will the Jones Firm be representing?

14. lol
    11:05 am December 14, 2011 Permalink

This is why I was hoping there would have been another game following the Indiana game Monday or Tuesday, not a week from it. Expect to only hear about this until UK takes the court again.

15. derek
    11:05 am December 14, 2011 Permalink

As long as you post pictures of her you can talk about it all you want! Larry knows what he is doing!

16. UKfanNKY
    11:12 am December 14, 2011 Permalink

She needs to get a lawyer!!!!

17. GoCats2
    11:13 am December 14, 2011 Permalink

Dick Vitale would tell her to stop being bitter and give IU some credit.
    Bobby Knight would tell her just to sit back and enjoy it.

18. Hugh Hefner
    11:13 am December 14, 2011 Permalink

Who is running that place now? She wouldn’t have made 3rd string JV if I was still sane.

19. Danny
    11:19 am December 14, 2011 Permalink

I remember her from Deja vu! She had a nice body but her face is awful. Wasn’t a good dancer either.

20. Henry Earl
    11:21 am December 14, 2011 Permalink

If she’s such a “die-hard UK fan” someone should ask her why she went to the SEC Tourney last year wearing Florida gear…Just another broad with low self esteem looking for attention.

21. schwing
    11:22 am December 14, 2011 Permalink

what’s wrong with her face?

22. TWebb
    11:23 am December 14, 2011 Permalink

The bunnie’s street name is Megan, but her name in publication is Kylie Mae. Where’s Matt Jones when you need him?

23. SexnNursinHomes
    11:23 am December 14, 2011 Permalink

I would tap it.

24. Daddy Issues
    11:24 am December 14, 2011 Permalink

Hey, everyone give me attention!!!

25. GoCats2
    11:25 am December 14, 2011 Permalink

It is hilarious when people bash girls like this anonymously. 99.9% of these commenters would probably walk through broken glass to get to her if they thought they had a chance.

26. Fonzi
    11:27 am December 14, 2011 Permalink

With this post as well as all the other crying about the IU game that this site has facilitated, I think it’s safe to say KSR has officially jumped the shark.

If it wasn’t that, it’s definitely this poorly thought out KSRU concept.

27. Al B. Sure
    11:31 am December 14, 2011 Permalink

We should really just congratulate IU on their victory and move on. What was the prize for that victory, anyway? National Title? No. Tournament Trophy? No… IU, Congratulations on your non-prize-winning victory!

28. BigBlueFan31
    11:32 am December 14, 2011 Permalink

It doesn’t take a whole lot to be a playboy bunny anymore huh? I bet there are a ton of other girls at UK that are hotter than Ms. Dills.

25. Not really…For one, you know she is going to be extremely high maintenance. If that is the case she is going to have to look better than this. Is she attractive? Sure she is. But, lets be honest. When Matt said “Playboy Bunny” I thought of someone much hotter than her.

29. TWebb
    11:34 am December 14, 2011 Permalink

She’s gorgeous. I think she should still do the shoot. They won’t be taking pics of her ankles.

30. ulfan
    11:36 am December 14, 2011 Permalink

@ #10….who rushes th court in December? Ask uk football fans wwho rushes the field in November? Same magnitude just a different sport. The football team gained NOTHING for the win vs. Unranked UT…..lol.

31. Truth
    11:36 am December 14, 2011 Permalink

When was the last year UK was in a national championship game? Oh, that’s right, years before IU. You keep whining about IU rushing the floor for a game that didn’t matter and you haven’t played in a national championship game since the 90s. Delusional UK hillbillies at their finest. Stop being jealous that we have the best student fan base in the world and your blue haired fan base precludes students from sitting anywhere near the action.

HOO HOO HOO HOOSIERS

32. scoretowin
    11:39 am December 14, 2011 Permalink

Face is a mess!

33. Imthedaddy
    11:39 am December 14, 2011 Permalink

In case you didn’t realize this, Megan was in Playboy a few years back representing UK in the “Girls of the SEC” issue….this was also before she got implants. She actually is a really sweet girl though.

34. ulfan
    11:40 am December 14, 2011 Permalink

Same to #27. What did uk win for beaing Tenn? Title? No. Conference trophy? No. Bowl eligbility? No. Don’t hate on IU when your own fans did the same idiotic thing. However, beating a number 1 is more reason to celebrate than beating…..haaha…..UT.

35. TWebb
    11:41 am December 14, 2011 Permalink

Dear Santa, All I want for Christmas is a fuzzy little buny from Ky.

36. bti > rashawn
    11:41 am December 14, 2011 Permalink

5,6:

Normally I would agree. However given how UNC fans were treated when they came to Rupp leads me to believe it’s possible to treat a rival fan with respect. I’m sure some Louisville fans have been treated poorly every once in a while, but for the most part Rupp usually treats visitors pretty well.

37. ulfan
    11:44 am December 14, 2011 Permalink

If you guys andgals cry about te treatment at IU….wait til you go to Morgantown. You guys will cry all the way home.

38. Coach Cal
    11:49 am December 14, 2011 Permalink

Hey BBN! Just want to address TJ’s performance against Indiana. First, you need to realize that fans do not matter at all to me. You don’t exist for all intents and purposes. Second, I don’t discipline my players or enforce curfews. That is what it means to run a players first program. Lastly, I do not teach my team fundamentals of the game. I win games by overwhelming opponents with vastly superior athleticism. If that is not enough, then I will hit up Mickie D’s for more burger talent. I know most of you care about the regular season and the NCAA tournament. However, the true measures of success at Kentucky are the book ends of the season: The McDonald’s All-American game & The NBA Draft. The season in between does not matter.

39. Huff
    11:51 am December 14, 2011 Permalink

Did #31 seriously equate rushing the court in a regular season basketball game in a series that has seen both teams back and forth with wins over the last several years to ending the longest losing streak between two football teams in the NCAA? Come on, man. Apples to oranges. The win over UT ended an almost THREE DECADE LOSING STREAK. Every year that ticked by, it would get mentioned as the longest running losing streak between two teams. The average student wasn’t even a glint in their dad’s eye the last time UK had beaten UT at football.

Rushing the court mid-season is dumb. Is it even deep enough to consider it MID season?

40. Doom or Gloom
    11:51 am December 14, 2011 Permalink

41 – why would we go to morgantown?

41. Lala
    11:51 am December 14, 2011 Permalink

@Henry Earl. You are exactly correct. She did wear a Florida T to the SEC tourney last year. I know her from High School and she does anything for attention.

42. MonsterMash24
    11:52 am December 14, 2011 Permalink

I would be more than happy to help take care of beautiful Megan and nurse her back to health 😉 Truth…no one is jealous of IU…UK has the best fans in the world…no doubt about it.The scene in Bloomington was ungodly and ridiculous!!! Its not like anyone is making this up wacko,come to the realization that things like this happen and it got out of hand at Assembly Hall..

43. Al B. Sure
    11:55 am December 14, 2011 Permalink

31- Actually, the football team ended a 26-year losing streak. That warranted rushing the field. It amazes me how much UL fans know about UK. I’d bet there aren’t nearly as many UK fans that are experts on every move that UL makes.

44. MonsterMash24
    11:56 am December 14, 2011 Permalink

The treatment of fans from wvu fans goes to LOUISVILLE AND PITTSBURGH mostly…it doesnt relate to UK. Morgantown has nothing to do with it, they dont play west virginia.

45. Al B. Sure
    12:02 pm December 14, 2011 Permalink

32- Good Point! And when was the last time IU actually won the Title Game? I mean, if we want to count how CLOSE each of the two teams has been to the title in recent years, then… uh… what round did IU exit the NCAA tournament last year? Or the year before?

46. Winston Guy's dreadlocks
    12:02 pm December 14, 2011 Permalink

1st NKU goes Division 1 and now I find out we had a playboy bunny as one of our students. Everything just gets better and better.

47. sportsguy
    12:03 pm December 14, 2011 Permalink

47…..i seriously doubt your claim. you guys are just as interested in ul… get serious.

48. he says she
    12:05 pm December 14, 2011 Permalink

31. Louisville football fans are too apathetic to rush the field over anything… nor has Louisville faced any opponent at home worthy enough to rush the field… Ever.

49. ulfan
    12:06 pm December 14, 2011 Permalink

43….yes i did. that losing streak was sad. the fact that the fans reacted like it was a conf. title or a bcs bowl game made it more sad……beating a number 1 team is always exciting.

50. ulfan
    12:10 pm December 14, 2011 Permalink

52…..you must be joking right? Fla. St, miami, WVU, all ranked high when defeated by UL? And you really think beating tenn in adown year warrants a field rush? That was a $50,000 pointless celebraion. I’m sure ul beat more top 10 teams than uk has? I would be interested to see a statistic. Anyhow, I’m not a uk hater, I’m a sports lover. Just enjoy friendly banter. Have a great holiday season everyone!

51. Hoosier90
    12:11 pm December 14, 2011 Permalink

I’m not quite sure I follow. I understand she was hurt with a swollen ankle and some torn tendons, but that isn’t because she was a Kentucky fan. It wasn’t like someone purposely kicked the crap out of her. Assembly Hall just isn’t a great arena for court storming. I’m sure there were IU fans that were also hurt in the melee. This slanted piece makes it seem like she was picked out due to who she was and what she was wearing in reality that would have happened to anybody sitting in that same spot under the circumstances.

52. Where's the proof?
    12:19 pm December 14, 2011 Permalink

There are tons of videos out from scenes during the game, at the celebration, at bars during the game, and so on. With this day and age, almost everyone has access to a cell phone with picture or video capabilities. It’s just strange that with all these “stories” of UK fans being abused in Bloomington… why is there not ONE SINGLE piece of video or picture evidence of this abuse???? Anyone??? There are plenty of anonymous online posts, but not on single bit of actual evidence. Please, if any UK fan has evidence post it to KSR. Otherwise, UK fans are looking more and more like a bunch of crybabies.

53. DirtyD
    12:21 pm December 14, 2011 Permalink

I would hang ten miles of telephone wire thru death valley just to hear her fart on the telephone!!!

54. UK Fan
    12:34 pm December 14, 2011 Permalink

I was trampled and injured when we (UK fans) stormed the field after the Tennessee game, does that mean “UK is a terrible place full of terrible people and i can’t believe they would do this”?? No. It’s not like anyone said “Hey, there’s an unattractive girl who clearly has self esteem issues in UK gear, lets go knock her down.” I can’t wait til we play Saturday so we will have something else to talk about, instead of all the whining about another team’s fanbase. We lost, they won, get over it people, you’re making all of us (UK fans) look bad.

55. he says she
    12:34 pm December 14, 2011 Permalink

32 Truth. IU fan found the one thing he has over a UK fan – playing in the national championship game since UK’s in 1998. That was ONLY FOUR YEARS before IU got lucky with a coach that was certainly going to be fired if he had not reached the championship game. There’s not a whole lot of difference between 10 and 14 years ago. At least UK won thier championship game. It’s not like saying it’s been a QUARTER CENTURY since IU won a national championship! I think the consensus among IU fans was that they couldn’t get rid of Mike Davis soon enough… so don’t act like it was part of a period of IU dominance. Hell, UK had a five game stretch of complete dominance over IU before and after that season. They won by average of around 17-18 points every year.

The better question you should ask yourself is how many championships has IU won since your second luckiest shot a QUARTER CENTURY ago? Answer: ZERO. How many Final Fours has IU been to since your championship a QUARTER CENTURY ago? Answer: Two.

Bravo IU fan. Keep pounding your chest.

56. KMOB
    12:37 pm December 14, 2011 Permalink

To all the losers who are saying mean things about her….shut the hell up! She is beautiful and I’m sure most of you are either jealous or know that she would never give you the time of day!! Obviously she is an important person because she is the one being interviewed and you are not! To the people who claim to know her…please, try and say any of that crap to her face and get a life.

57. HangTen
    12:38 pm December 14, 2011 Permalink

* You IU

58. he says she
    12:42 pm December 14, 2011 Permalink

54. Naw, you’re not a UK hater. Of course not. Yeah, you believe that Fla St., Miami and WVU warrent a field rushing. Please. I’m talking dominant programs WITH dominant teams that particular season. Louisville has NEVER faced anyone remotely good enough to be placed in that catagory – at home.

But, more importantly… UofL fans don’t care that much. You’re more like a professional team fan. Papa John’s feels less like a college atmosphere and more pro. Not a knock, just an obsevation.

59. Al's IndiCats
    12:42 pm December 14, 2011 Permalink

Damn 42, you keep singing that same old song day after day so often that instead of calling you by your screen name I’m gonna call you Vanilla Ice. Because that was the only song he knew. AND it wasn’t that good either!
    On another note though, our players don’t wind up getting tazed, or go to jail for beating up a father of his girlfriend over a hair brush.

60. Al B. Sure
    12:43 pm December 14, 2011 Permalink

Apparently UL and IU do not have fan sites of their own that their fans can visit. That is why they are spending all of their time on UK’s site.

61. BigBlueDiehard
    12:45 pm December 14, 2011 Permalink

For those comparing our fans rushing the field to IU fans rushing the court, you’re making our point. We have been bad/irrelevant in football for a long time and we finally beat an opponent that has dominated us for the last 20 years. I think the parallel with IU fans rushing the court is obvious. I guess it’s just surprising to see that IU basketball fans’ self-esteem is apparently as low as that of UK football fans.

62. Publicity
    12:51 pm December 14, 2011 Permalink

Surely a struggling UK grad/Playboy Bunny trying to make it into show biz wouldn’t fabricate a story and then seek out an interview to further her own career with a fanbase that not only would sympathize, but possibly help boost her media status??? Would she??? I wouldn’t be shocked to hear this girl was wearing heels in a basketball arena and fell, but blamed it on the IU crowd. You UK fans are about as gullible as they come!!!!! Keep up the excuses not to get beat down by IU again!

63. Huff
    1:06 pm December 14, 2011 Permalink

68..one point at the buzzer is not a beat down.

I give IU all kinds of credit for the win. They should be happy. They beat the #1 team and did it by playing a phenomenal game with great shooting (behind the arc especially). But as I’ve said to countless friends who are fans…act like you’ve been in the endzone before. You can still be excited and keep it classy. Calling a win by one, at the buzzer, while playing your best game against a team that arguably was having an off-game isn’t a beatdown. A win you deserved and should be proud of? Yes. A beatdown? Only in hockey.

64. bluesince66
    1:23 pm December 14, 2011 Permalink

Yeah 42 we had so much more talent than North Carolina and Ohio State last year. Some peoples hate makes them complete morons.

65. Voiceofreason
    1:32 pm December 14, 2011 Permalink

Just listened to her on the radio show. She came across as a complete moron. She starts off blasting Matt, only to say she isnt angry at all. There’s nothing even slightly derogatory about this article to her (especially for someone in her line of work). If anything it’s a poke at Larry. I realize she’s a human being, and I hate to be mean… but the whole bleach blonde, non-existent eyebrow, over tanned, body selling-type might be appealing to some of you. Bit this girl is MAYBE hook up material, and not marriage material. To be clear, you might show your buddy’s her pic, but you don’t take her home to mom. She would be much more attractive if she wasn’t all dolled up like a prostitute.

66. Open your eyes and ears
    1:44 pm December 14, 2011 Permalink

71. I think you should listen to a replay of what she said on the radio. She said she was not angry with IU fans or what happened at the game and explained it as an accident/something that just happens at events like that. She also very clearly told Matt that his comments I’n tweeting about the article were snide and snarky as he referred to it.
    I’m not sure what your issue with a beautiful, educated and motivated young lady is but it does come off a bit pathetic. I happen to know her and I hate to be the one to burst your rant on bleach blonde hair, not good enough to take home to your momma bullshit but her hair is naturally blonde as are her eyebrows. I’ve known her since we kids and I can assure you that she is someone you would be blessed to know. She is very direct but very kind. You’re probably a guy that she turned down at some point. Your mom would be proud if you found such as lovely a girl as her. Try to resolve your anger issues and hateful attitude.

67. TrueBlue
    2:45 pm December 14, 2011 Permalink

sUKs

Hillbillies got beat and their butt ugly grad got trampled, WAHHHHHHHHHH. Kensucky fans are all no class wimps. Kinda like unc tarholes.

68. Walter's Wildcat World
    2:47 pm December 14, 2011 Permalink

Had it.

69. scott
    2:54 pm December 14, 2011 Permalink

Rushing the court is a relatively new phenomenon. Sure, it has been around for awhile….but when I was in school, we never would have done that. It was a very big win for IU, they celebrated. Get over it. I’m still with Dakich…no upset.

70. Mudd
    3:14 pm December 14, 2011 Permalink

This is the last time I read the KSR comment section. Bitter idiots. No reason to rip Megan apart like that. None of you are comedians. Bunch of bitter scum bags. 99% of the Internet = Hateful assholes.
    IU fans may not be classy but at least they show their disrespect to your face instead of behind a computer screen.

71. SexnNursinHomes
    3:16 pm December 14, 2011 Permalink

72- hey, I am scumbag no doubt. proud of it too. But I actually think she is hot and would tap that ass in a NY second.

72. Jonnie
    3:26 pm December 14, 2011 Permalink

Tell her to come back to Indiana and us Hoosier boys will have her hating kensucky.

73. CWat4threeee
    3:29 pm December 14, 2011 Permalink

Another article about this…wow guys…I always thought BBN couldn’t handle a loss but this is getting out of hand. Couple things.

1. In the technology world we live in today why was not one of these incidents caught on tape? There are plenty of videos of the IU fans celebrating but none showing the fans assaulting UK fans. No reports to Btown police from UK fans. Find that interesting.

2. To address the game….tired of UK fans saying IU played out of their mind to beat them. You do realize we only shot 42% from the field….we hit threes every game this year…its what we do…so no we didn’t just magically catch fire Saturday.

3. We lead for the majority of the 2nd half….so no we didn’t get lucky. We had a chance to run you out the gym when you were down 10 and we allowed you back in the game.

4. I look forward to next year (i hope there is a next year) and we will beat you in RUPP. We return everyone but Verdell Jones and The Movement hits campus.

I understand why UK fans are upset. Their worst nightmare has come true….the sleeping giant to the north has woke up!! Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!!!

74. Lance McAlister
    4:52 pm December 14, 2011 Permalink

how ’bout my Hoosiers? “Boys, gonna run the picket fence…don’t get caught watching the paint dry”

75. Scott
    5:03 pm December 14, 2011 Permalink

IU won against the #1 team and a hated rival. Their fans are no worse than UK fans would have behaved if UK played in a smaller arena and had suffered through 4 years of losing.

This ongoing whining is lame. UK fans are extremely passionate. And extremely bad losers.

76. Calipari'sInYourEar
    5:29 pm December 14, 2011 Permalink

#75 – Scott – Indiana fans have more Northern Ego in them, Kentucky fans have more Southern Gentleman.

The fan bases are not the same, and a larger group of Indiana fans show no respect for anyone. They don’t even respect each other that much.

77. Woot
    6:02 pm December 14, 2011 Permalink

Ahhh its good to be back on top

78. ulfan
    6:07 pm December 14, 2011 Permalink

Hey he says she says…..
    I’m pretty sure WVU was ranked 2 or 3 when we beat them at PJCS. I think Miami was ranked, and I think FSU was top 5. Not a UT that has been struggling for a decade. Get with it bud. And we care as much a puke fans. we sell less tickets because the stadium is smaller. Our tix were on groupon just like yours. Do some research.

79. Heh
    7:10 pm December 14, 2011 Permalink

fivehead

80. Voiceofreason
    7:31 pm December 14, 2011 Permalink

@Openyoureyes…You can know her all you want, that doesn’t change the fact that there are men out there who prefer their women to not pose nude…and dress like women who don’t pose nude. I realize I may be in the minority. But men googling over women like this only encourages more of our daughters to seek sex as a profession. She is a human being with feelings, but I won’t accept bullcrap like this, when it is detrimental to our society. I would hope she would read this, and turn her life in a different direction.

81. Ferg
    9:24 pm December 14, 2011 Permalink

Who cares about this slut’s ankle? As long as those fake tits weren’t deflated, she’s all good.

82. OverweightUKfan
    9:53 pm December 14, 2011 Permalink

More lies by Mattilda Jones. A complete fabrication.

83. he says she
    11:26 pm December 14, 2011 Permalink

78 ULfan. I looked it up. FSU was ranked 4th for that game. Ok, so they were ranked pretty high. That being said… and as it turned out, FSU was on a downward slide from the previous FSU machines and did not finish high that season. Miama then and now is no longer a power program and WVU never was.

So basically in 10-15 years you’ve come up with MAYBE one team that was decent (Fla St.) and a couple others ranked in the top 25. That’s pretty weak.

And btw, didn’t Louisville fans rush the field for that Fla. St. game in 2002? I remember because it was a torrential downpour that whole game and the few fans that stuck around rushed the field. Now that was funny.

84. Hoss
    7:46 am December 15, 2011 Permalink

83- FSU lost 4 games the year UL beat them in the overtime monsoon. Don’t let then fool you. FSU barely finished in the top-25 and then got thumped by UGA in their bowl.

85. Scott M
    9:37 am December 15, 2011 Permalink

Rushing the court is NOT an new thing. What you people do not understand is those students have NEVER seen a significant win. IU has a lot more students than UK and that crowd was mostly students and alumni, not just greyhairs with nothing better to do. There are FAR more students at IU than seats at Assembly Hall.

Do you guys really think that Hoosier fans have not heard all tha insults and condesention coming from UK fans and radio boadcasts that FYI we can hear in Indiana! FOR YEARS! UK broadcasters and fans attitudes had a lot to do with what happened at Assembly Hall.

That being said, it was not ALL about beating UK, that is again just your egos getting in the way of reality. Indiana has been bleeding players to other states for a long time, and IU needed something to happen to stop it, and beating a number 1, whoever that was, was key to Creans recruiting, everyone knew Zeller was not enough. Crean came in 3 years ago to find one walk on more suited to a second tier or Div II team and thats it, and in 3 years he beat a number one, Kansas, North Carolina, Duke, Illinois, Ohio State, anyone like that would do as long as thay were very highly ranked.

You guys need to get a grip, you lost, and IU won. IU led most of the game, sometimes by 10, and played its worst game statistically all year and still beat number one. And FYI, Court rushing is not that uncommon in the Big 10, get over it! Calling it a “just a one point win” is just diluding yourself. The lony reason it got close at the end was the fact that IU had a dry spell and a couple UK players finally woke up, but it wasnt enough was it?

If you dont get what I am saying, you dont get college basketball

86. scott
    11:17 am December 16, 2011 Permalink

Rushing the court, relative to the age of college ball, IS relatively new. We would not have done that in the 80’s…think it got legs in the mid-90’s. I know they rushed in 2002 when Hastin beat #1 MSU at the buzzer. It was a slower rush though, you can find it on U-Tube…a few fans come, then a few more, and then the floor was covered, but you could tell it only came from the beachers on the ends. There are now more students in the lower levels…and the Big Ten currently does not impose fines on member schools. THE SEC does…this is why Florida has their rules (somebody mentioned somewhere)…if the Big Ten decides the make that rule, then on games like this Assembly will be staffed with more crowd control at end of game. It is a rare occurance.