In Their Own Words: Why the Hoosiers Will Lose to Kentucky

IU Fans

Indiana fans reacting inconsistently

Remember how unreasonable those Indiana people acted on the Twitter about Cal’s “wear red” joke? I know, how could you forget. Well, those Hoosiers are a tricky bunch, as they seemed to have shifted gears and pulled a 180 today. Their fan site, The Crimson Quarry, posted this little gem today at 1:00 p.m.: “Why the Hoosiers Will Lose to Kentucky.”

I’m shocked. After all that sailor talk directed at Coach Cal yesterday, you turn around and give the game away the next day? What gives, IU? The article is well written and honest, as Kentucky is, by all accounts, expected to beat Indiana on Saturday. But wow.

Really, you need to click over and read the entire post, but here is a preview:

Athletically Overmatched: For all the heart and soul that Jordan Hulls possesses on the court he still can’t make up for his lack of size and athleticism. Like many of us were forced to learn the hard way in high school, Jordan Hulls might have to learn Saturday, that sometimes you aren’t physically cut out to compete at the next level up. Daniel Moore is in the same situation and Verdell Jones at least for Saturday will also have his eggs in that basket. Plain and simple, Kentucky outmatches the Hoosiers athleticism ten to one. Indiana will have to use its brains to compensate for this physical shortcoming. The bright side is that Hulls has been overmatched plenty in previous seasons and has still managed to hold his own. Danny Moore ditto, but neither have really run into athletes such as Kentucky’s. Indiana will have to lean heavily on Victor Oladipo and Will Sheehey to go toe to toe on the defensive perimeter with Kentucky’s athletes.

Wow.

Other Tuesday Nuggets for you Turkeys:

– Today, Ben Howland suspended Reeves Nelson, an apparent extra from ‘Sons of Anarchy.’

– You know I love pizza. So I’ll pass along this deal: Any Puccini’s Smiling Teeth large pizza is just $10 through Thursday. Louisville location only.

– Rush The Court’s SEC Power Rankings were posted today. Kentucky at the top, #2 Florida, #3 Alabama.

Article written by Tyler Montell

44 Comments for In Their Own Words: Why the Hoosiers Will Lose to Kentucky

1. John
    3:16 pm December 6, 2011 Permalink

IU fan says Zeller better than Davis

2. RidgeRunner
    3:17 pm December 6, 2011 Permalink

wtf? oh yeah…they are IU fans. enuff said. Moving on…

3. Big Blue 66
    3:19 pm December 6, 2011 Permalink

Its simple, the closer you get the less mouthy and bold they will get. Its like shouting at someone from a moving vehicle, until the guy you yelled at pulls over and stands up, walks over and rips your car door off and asks if you have a problem…..then all of a sudden, youre just not so bold.

4. blue in the face
    3:20 pm December 6, 2011 Permalink

talent trumps all

5. T Rob
    3:22 pm December 6, 2011 Permalink

I like it. Boosiers give up, as they should, prematurely. Cats. Also, that pizza at Puccini’s is awesome.

6. RidgeRunner
    3:22 pm December 6, 2011 Permalink

OK, they (IU fans) had to have something to do with the new big east conference additions / structure.

Both equal out.

7. stone cold willow
    3:25 pm December 6, 2011 Permalink

8. Nick
    3:26 pm December 6, 2011 Permalink

I bet tomorrow will debut the “Why the Hoosiers Will Beat Kentucky” article. This is Part 1 of an unfortunate two part series. Should have stopped while they were ahead because they’ll never see the lead again until after Saturday’s game…

9. SweetTeaMob Til I DIE
    3:30 pm December 6, 2011 Permalink

Motivational tool for IU players. No one at this level goes into a game KNOWING that they will lose. I’m sure they have their doubts, but IU seriously thinks they have a legitimate shot at an upset. I wouldn’t sleep on the Hoosiers this time..
    Go Cats.

10. JackBluto
    3:36 pm December 6, 2011 Permalink

I know the guy in the blue hat. That picture must be several years old.

11. BlueFins
    3:36 pm December 6, 2011 Permalink

I see no one is ranking these beauties. Must’ve been a mixer with the Omega Mu’s!

12. SexnNursinHomes
    3:38 pm December 6, 2011 Permalink

I’d do these chicks, but I wouldn’t be braggin’ about it. especially the upper right hand corner. That ho has rosacea

13. I hate Duke
    3:39 pm December 6, 2011 Permalink

#12….love it! UK by 15+. I think Sam Malone will see some tick this game.

14. Dom Papa
    3:42 pm December 6, 2011 Permalink

Is there a makeup shortage as well as a camel shortage?

15. PUNT PUNT
    3:42 pm December 6, 2011 Permalink

UK can hit the snooze button and win this game by 20…..zzzzzzzzzz……..zzzzzz

16. Dustin
    3:53 pm December 6, 2011 Permalink

No game til Saturday, what to do? Head over to Cordell’s Wildcat News for ways to satisfy your basketball cravings, including which games to watch heading up to Saturday. http://www.cordellswildcatnews.webs.com

17. Runnin' Hoosiers?
    3:55 pm December 6, 2011 Permalink

That article says the Hoosiers need to run if they want to stay in the game…. Really? LOL. Ok. Let’s see if they actually try that. They’d best pull the air out of the ball!

18. right
    4:02 pm December 6, 2011 Permalink

16) Thanks Dustin (Cordell). Very stealthy.

19. Biglaw Dawgin'
    4:03 pm December 6, 2011 Permalink

The three girls on the right are the slowies in every fan base that think the “charge” signal is a “blocking” call. “Yessss! Wha? Hey, why are they giving the ball to the other team?”

20. Gilly The Kid
    4:04 pm December 6, 2011 Permalink

Do they really think the only way to beat us is to run with us? or did i read that wrong

21. SweetTeaMob Til I DIE
    4:15 pm December 6, 2011 Permalink

I’m telling you guys.. Indiana is not the same team as they have been the last few years. Receiving votes for the top 25.. they are 30 as of now, and working their way up. We can NOT sleep on this team. UK is obviously much better, but IU will make this their superbowl and play as hard as they will all season. Also, IU is usually a tough place to play.. UK by 10.

22. Where's the 3?
    4:17 pm December 6, 2011 Permalink

Anyone ever realized how much IU’s coach looks like Dwight K. Schrute from the office?

23. Buzzer Beater
    4:23 pm December 6, 2011 Permalink

Pity not the IU fan. These idiots worship none other than Robert Knight. UK is public enemy number one. Hope we don`t drop the series with them. Love giving them their annual butt whuppin, nothing hurts a Hoosier worse (a loss to UK). Saturday will be no exception. Hope Cal remembers all the slander Knight has made and shows no mercy. Beat their delusional aces by 50!

24. football sux
    4:26 pm December 6, 2011 Permalink

IU needs to run to keep this game close? Really? UK is faster and more athletic at every position, but this moron thinks the key to keeping it close is to try to run with them? He hasn’t seen a UK game yet, I guess…

25. me
    4:29 pm December 6, 2011 Permalink

Bull&%it

26. Jaws2
    4:31 pm December 6, 2011 Permalink

Must be IU’s softball team

27. coop2thahoop
    4:33 pm December 6, 2011 Permalink

Did I read in that article that they need to create an up-tempo game to beat UK?? That’s just ridiculous.

28. Nutwrap
    4:36 pm December 6, 2011 Permalink

I’ve looked at that picture for a good 5 minutes and I have to wonder what the hell they were looking at. My guess: an IU player drained a three, four seconds after an offensive foul was called on the guy who kicked it to the the player. No whosyer fans, that doesn’t make it a 4 point play.

29. The Joker
    4:45 pm December 6, 2011 Permalink

#23 Losing to Purdue hurts them worse…well that what RMK said. Let’s not get crazy 50 points…..maybe 15 points. Well unless they really think they can run with our Cats!I figure Indiana will try to slow the game down.

30. Polar Pop Shake
    4:50 pm December 6, 2011 Permalink

Man I can’t believe Indiana fans would diss their own school and say they’re gonna lose. Sure they could win–hypothetically. Georgia was the #12 seed in the SEC Tournament in 2008 and won the tournament. VCU won five NCAA Tournament games last year to make the Final Four. If UK can lose at South Carolina two years ago when USC was not an NCAA Tournament team, they can surely lose at Indiana.

31. mike burks
    5:23 pm December 6, 2011 Permalink

Who cares….? Let’s talk about the women in the pic. I take the one on the far right.

32. Please Destroy IU
    5:24 pm December 6, 2011 Permalink

#1) read the comment on that article- very interesting. “The author is missing the point. We shouldn’t talking about playing an entire season with these guys, or even which team is better — Kentucky clearly is. ┬áThe question is whether Indiana can win 1 game, at home against this Kentucky team.” At least that’s logical thinking. But lord I hope it doesn’t happen.

33. Cowboy
    5:26 pm December 6, 2011 Permalink

IU graduates end up with degrees and jobs, UK graduates end up with VDs and blogging

34. ChicagoCat
    5:31 pm December 6, 2011 Permalink

That guy’s post loses credibility anyway the moment he says Indiana needs to keep the game up-tempo and keep the Cats from getting settled into their half-court offense.

Which version of the Cats has he been watching all year?!? Up-tempo isn’t exactly the way you want to play a team with this kind of length and athleticism…

35. Brad
    5:52 pm December 6, 2011 Permalink

The guy is an idiot. Read this…what teams are he watching?
    The game has to be high tempo for Indiana to have a shot at it. If the Hoosiers allow Kentucky to settle into an offense on the half court set then IU is sunk

36. dude
    6:30 pm December 6, 2011 Permalink

I agree. The idea that they can win a run and gun slugfest with us is laughable. I’d expect them to try and slow it down, but I’ll be excited if I’m wrong.

37. thewaitfor8
    6:53 pm December 6, 2011 Permalink

IU will lose this game bit I’ll give them one thing, the bars and girls there are both top notch. Not saying that based on this pic, but I’ve been to the bar in the pic and let’s just say that while their team may not assemble a high level of talent, that bar and others on Bloomington usually do.

38. Scott
    6:58 pm December 6, 2011 Permalink

Brad,

No he’s actually right on point. IU does need to get out and push the ball on offense and look for the easier bucket. UK’s #1 strenght is it’s half court D…and IU is not a great half court set team. If you’ve watched any of IU’s games this year, its clear that they want to try to push the ball constantly. In fact, that’s the standard for practically every team that Crean had at Marquette.

If this is a strictly half court battle, IU will get eaten up, slowly but surely. Their only way to win this game is to get a lot of open outside looks coming in transition and early in the shot clock, before UK can get fully set in their D.

39. NA
    7:21 pm December 6, 2011 Permalink

Please don’t do this KSR….there are so many ridiculous comments on forums. I know everyone else links to the ridiculousness, but c’mon….KSR is above this!

40. Duncan Ramses
    7:43 pm December 6, 2011 Permalink

Twelver, I concur; plus, I’ve got some ‘elixer’ for Ms. Roseacea.

41. youhiredbillyg
    8:54 pm December 6, 2011 Permalink

check out insidethehall.com for an IU site with saner articles re IU baskeball…

42. RickyPVoodooDoll
    9:38 pm December 6, 2011 Permalink

I think that all of the sh!t talking IU and their fans are doing will make it easier for Cal to have UK ready to play Saturday.

43. Nick
    2:28 pm December 7, 2011 Permalink

As a follow-up to Post #8 above…unfortunately, I was right. http://www.crimsonquarry.com/2011/12/7/2617097/why-indiana-will-beat-kentucky