I’m Not For Sure How I Feel About Dad Rap Featuring A UK Sports Visor

Verily not all Kentucky fans who wear UK visors are d-bags. I understand the preference of a visor over a ballcap when one is playing golf. But every time I see a sport visor, I think of two specific people: Steve Spurrier and Hal Mumme. It takes more effort than should be necessary for me to set aside my initial prejudices when speaking to somebody wearing a sport visor.

This rap about suburbia life isn’t particularly that funny, but it does feature a guy wearing a UK visor. I don’t know if I’m excited that UK memorabilia made it into a Ebaum’s World video; it’s no Adam Sandler movie, and, you know, sport visor. But giving Beisner one less post to worry about on Father’s Day is the only gift I can give him.

The video also features a guy wearing white socks and athletic sandals, which was my preferred method of dress when I was an undergrad way back in 1997. Apparently I was the proto-dad AND the uber-dork.

Article written by The Fake Gimel Martinez

I may be fake, but my passion for UK sports is real. Probably put all my best work at Aseaofblue.com and firebilly.com, so go there when I start coasting here.

15 Comments for I’m Not For Sure How I Feel About Dad Rap Featuring A UK Sports Visor

1. PatPattersonISWalkingThruThatDoor
    9:08 am June 19, 2011 Permalink

Did I see a little JW Dance in there? Hell yeah, I did

2. Blue Virus
    9:47 am June 19, 2011 Permalink

I take it FGM is not a dad. This is hilarious.

3. Scott
    9:49 am June 19, 2011 Permalink

Yeah, I’ve seen this before. Love this video!

4. Yesterdays
    9:52 am June 19, 2011 Permalink

Your either not a father or your a complete d-bag. This video is hilarious if you have kids and you have ever put their priorities above yours. Giving you a big “suck it” for trashing this video.

5. Matt
    10:00 am June 19, 2011 Permalink

That video was actually produced by a church group.

6. Marky Mark
    10:00 am June 19, 2011 Permalink

FGM will understand this more once he has some little it ones. It’s classic and the guy with the UK hat actually posted on here at least a year or two ago about the Video so he is a Kentuck Sports Radio follower. Happy Fathers Day to all and I’m taking my son to the Kane County Cougers game to play catch with him on the field before the game.

7. RidgeRunner
    10:07 am June 19, 2011 Permalink

…”way back in 1997″….? God, I’m an old dad -as that seems like yesterday. Oh well, I am old -so it is what it is…lol

8. JodyRay25
    10:15 am June 19, 2011 Permalink

Great vid, cant believe FGM is apologizing for posting when its the best post he has made in a couple of years. Favorite line, “I got dozens of dollars and thats right, that go straight to daughters and my wiiiife” LOL

9. Like it
    11:32 am June 19, 2011 Permalink

All Dad’s I know (including me) think this video is hilarious, I take it Fake Gimel is not a Dad.

10. reddogrules
    11:56 am June 19, 2011 Permalink

It’s WEB-er grills — not WEEB-er. What is up with that? I actually had a conference call with their customer service to convince a friend of mine of this.

11. Ed
    1:41 pm June 19, 2011 Permalink

This video is terrific and any dad would love it. You know you get all weepy watching Disney movies with your kids.

12. mudcat
    1:55 pm June 19, 2011 Permalink

Our church played this video this morning. It is absolutely hilarious! Loved it!

13. PSJ
    7:17 pm June 19, 2011 Permalink

1. I’m the guy in the visor and I’m not a d-bag. I am a huge UK fan and daily follower of this site.

2. I don’t wear a visor, just thought it would add to the look of the vid.

3. We made this for out church opener last Father’s Day and it has over 8m views. We had no idea it would take off like this.

4. I know it’s not pronounce Wee-ber, but the person directing made me say it that way.

14. golfcat
    8:13 am June 20, 2011 Permalink

PSJ… Fake Gimel’s an idiot. You guys did a great job, the video is awesome (as all the other dads on here have already pointed out). And it’s sweet that you’re repping UK in the vid.

15. Question