Just wanted to remind everyone about the upcoming charity event for Shawn Bowen, the child battling leukemia that I’ve written about in the past. The charity golf scramble and auction is taking place on November 8th, and the details have been finalized:
Oxmoor Country Clubwill be the site of the scramble, with many great door prizes and contests included. The silent auction take place at the Bluegrass Brewing Company in St. Matthews.
Over 30 auction items including:
– A round of golf for TWO at Audobon Country Club with a “Special Guest”
– Autographed memorabilia from current University of Louisville and University Kentucky coaches and teams
– Autographed memorabilia from many former UofL and UK team members, including Brian Brohm, Michael Bush, Sam Madison, Francisco Garcia, Scott Padgett and more!
– Beautiful art from one of the St. James Art Fair’s top artists
– Many more hard-to-find memorabilia and other great and unique items
If you want to play in the scramble, you have until Friday (October 31st) to get your registration submitted. See the registration form for more info.
As for the auction, there may be the ability to bid online or call-in while the auction is taking place. However, if you can make it out to the Bluegrass Brewing Company, 10% of proceeds will be donated to Shawn. While the auction items will be mostly from Louisville teams, there will be items signed by the current UK team and a few other items.
And of course, if you can’t make the event, you can donate directly to the family at Shawn’s web site.
Updated Thursday 4:15 PM — Frankpos lists the items available at the auction and the schedule for the day.