Vandy hit by the Ice Cream Truck Curse

When I saw that an ice cream truck visited Vanderbilt’s football practice earlier this week, I had a wicked case of deja vu. Watching Vandy’s players run towards the ice cream truck brought back some seriously bad memories from last season, and I can only hope that this means that James Franklin’s group will finish 2-10 this year.

Never forget:

13 Comments for Vandy hit by the Ice Cream Truck Curse

1. NO MATT JONES
    4:05 pm August 16, 2013 Permalink

I’m fairly certain that is the only ice cream truck in Lexington. That or they all look identical.

2. Do whut?
    4:12 pm August 16, 2013 Permalink

Wait a minute! You mean that other coaches do some of the exact same things during camp that Joker did?! This can’t be possible!! Joker is a moron and a terrible human being!! Does this mean the same for these other coaches?! Or is it just possible that in our Fellowship of the Miserable attempt to devour our own we may have obsessed over some of the more mundane techniques used throughout the coaching ranks? Nah, they’re probably just evil idiots too.

3. DH
    4:18 pm August 16, 2013 Permalink

3) If those “mundane techniques” had translated to more than 2 victories we wouldn’t have obsessed over them. When your team can’t come within 20 points of any other team in your league, you don’t advertise your pool parties and ice cream socials.

4. 247 Sports
    4:20 pm August 16, 2013 Permalink

Ohio State just received a commitment from 5-star WR Curtis Samuel. That means they may no longer have a spot available for Braxton Berrios, since they got better receivers already in their class. It opens the door a little wider for UK.

5. Mike
    4:25 pm August 16, 2013 Permalink

Quick question. Since its doubtful the players carry money on them during practice (in uniform), how are these players buying ice cream? Is this something stupid the NCAA could throw a hissy fit over?

6. Do whut?
    4:28 pm August 16, 2013 Permalink

#4 Should a staff that hasn’t played a game yet “advertise” their pool parties? Irrational fan behavior is irrational fan behavior regardless of the team record.

7. Jose
    4:28 pm August 16, 2013 Permalink

Mike you make a great point. UK can report this as a minor violation and can request that last season be vacated

8. Smitty4K
    4:31 pm August 16, 2013 Permalink

#8 Jose: So well played. Very nice!

9. UK2K
    4:37 pm August 16, 2013 Permalink

4. Check ur facts man, only lost by 5 to Georgia and 13 to Miss St.

10. UK2K
    4:39 pm August 16, 2013 Permalink

5. OSU was never on him hard, The U is our biggest competition as its his dream school.

11. DH
    4:55 pm August 16, 2013 Permalink

10) Really? I apologize for not looking up the record before I posted the comment… The point was that we didn’t win a single conference game. But thanks for helping me prove my point.

7) IMO, Stoops hasn’t come close to showing the complacency as Joker did. If we end up not showing any heart this season like we did last season, I’m sure there will be plenty of people bringing up the “fun” days. As I recall, at the beginning of the season last season most fans thought it was a cool bonding experience for the team. As the season progressed, those “fun” practices seemed more and more like a detriment. Irrational? Maybe so. But when you lose almost every single game, all those mundane things seem to snowball and that’s the thing people remember. Suddenly bonding exercises seem like just goofing off. If I recall, 2 years ago Kyle Wiltjer’s videos were funny and it was good to see our players enjoying themselves. People didn’t seem to like those videos as much last year. Was that the reason our bball team went to the NIT? Probably not. But it made it easier to look at the team as not being serious. Wasn’t trying to ruffle any feathers, just voicing another side of the argument. For the record, I think teams need to remember that playing their sport is supposed to be fun and they should have fun playing with each other. But you also have to take it seriously if you’re going to be competetive

12. Two Wins
    5:35 pm August 16, 2013 Permalink

Vandy probably won’t even win two games. They only play UK once after all.

13. Steady
    8:37 pm August 16, 2013 Permalink

6. Do you play wide receiver for the joker?