Ian Eagle stops by to discuss the loss in Knoxville (Monday Show Thread)

Good morning, Kentucky Sports Radio radio listeners and welcome to Monday’s Show Thread.  Today, Matt and Ryan will recap the weekend and bring on Ian Eagle to discuss what went wrong in Kentucky’s 30-point loss in Knoxville.  Ian Eagle called the game on CBS with Clark Kellogg; he’s also one of the funniest people in the business.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Topics include:

— Kentucky basketball

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Article written by Drew Franklin

237 Comments for Ian Eagle stops by to discuss the loss in Knoxville (Monday Show Thread)

1. DrSayre
    9:58 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

Well…that game didnt exactly go as planned… Hope we can turn it around for Flordia and Missouri. I wasreally hoping the mock selection committee would be wrong about UK, since Lunardi had us it, but it looks like they were right and now we need to play our way back in.

2. UK_JB
    9:59 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

Tough break for the cats on Saturday… I still got their backs reguardless if we get into the NCAA and lose in the first round or we get into the NIT.

3. robuk
    9:59 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

hola!

4. robuk
    10:01 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

I get a good mid morning nap during the Leach report dreaming of Cheddars and beef jerky 😉

5. Fake_Bill_Bad_Lamb
    10:01 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

I miss Mindy McCredy… that’s my point of view.

6. Bobby Knight
    10:03 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

The curse of ESPN All Access is upon Kentucky!!

7. Paducah Patty
    10:04 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

I thought we were going to block Saturday out of our mind Matt! Now your bringing Ian Eagle on to talk about it. Let’s talk to Ian about something else, like why does Clark Kellogg wear stretchy pants.

8. Travis
    10:05 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

After Danny dropped the mic and walked-off stage, will we hear a reply from Slapnuts? Stay tuned to KSR…

9. number1cats
    10:05 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

Will we make a run, maybe not, probably not. But, Kentucky does have the TALENT to make a run.

10. Edd
    10:06 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

For Danny’s idiotic post game show call, I motion he be treated like Fake Randy Savage for the next week.

11. Bulldawg
    10:06 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

The Cats need to become much more proficient on offense to stay in games. Their defense is what it is without Noel. These boys just need to learn to put the ball in the hole!! If UK does not score at least 70, they will not win. Their defense is swiss cheese without Noel.

12. BigBlueFan
    10:07 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

Anyone know a doctor who will give my ACL to Nerlens?

13. Travis
    10:07 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

CBS f’ d us at our lowest moment with the Laetner shot, but gave BBN a nice .gif of the UT tool raising the roof and holding a Golden Girls fathead. Fair trade, CBS. But I still hate you and Jeff Goodman.

14. Paducah Patty
    10:08 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

Just remember everybody we won the National Championship in April and we probably will next year. It’s ok. I remember at the end of the year we said if anything great happened this year would be gravy so no gravy this year, that’s ok!

15. robuk
    10:08 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

If I see one more Value City dancing president commercial I am going postal!

16. Paducah Patty
    10:08 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

My favorite is Ronald Reagan!

17. UK_JB
    10:08 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

Clinton!

18. Chattanooga jimmie
    10:08 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

Was there really a game on Saturday… You know I may have blocked that one from my memory. If we play like that on Wednesday then we should switch to baseball. Lol

19. G-Unit
    10:08 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

That game sucked so bad I watched 5 minutes,turned it off, and played Black Ops 2 with my nephew and completely sucked. How do you people play that game and be good at it?

20. Travis
    10:08 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

“Rin tin tin…” – Ryan

21. ltylerj
    10:08 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

inb4PoliticalFighting

22. flysoup
    10:09 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

Ian Eagle > Iron Eagle

23. robuk
    10:09 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

REGAN !!……Obama? hahahahahhahahahahahahahahahaqhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah> puke

24. Bobby Knight
    10:09 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

Ronald Reagan!!!!

25. ajp40503
    10:09 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

Anyone who thinks Obama is an effective, competent president is a fool.

26. Steady
    10:09 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

If barack had a son, matt jones would look like him.

27. robuk
    10:09 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

19 you have to be a youngster

28. Cassady
    10:09 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

Martin Van Buren is my favorite president if only for his awesome chops

29. Kidnut
    10:09 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

James K. Polk

30. Travis
    10:10 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

I stopped watching at halftime and went to my basement to play ping pong. Last bball game I stopped watching was the Vandy debacle where we lost by sixty…

31. Laker Cat 18
    10:10 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

I’m going to attempt to get through this show without posting a comment about the UK game Saturday. It will be difficult for me.

32. BPM
    10:10 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

Who was the coach earlier in the year who said this was the worst UK team he had ever seen? Is it possible that guy was right?

33. Travis
    10:11 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

I like George Washington.

34. robuk
    10:11 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

All any team needs to do regardless of skill level to beat UK is “rough em up”…it’s not rocket science!

35. Kidnut
    10:11 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

Nerlens not being in there could explain why they tried to draw more charges though I tent to agree

36. bbr
    10:11 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

“If you compare the TALENT (not the hustle, desire, execution or basketball IQ…..just the TALENT) on Kentucky’s team…… to the George Mason and Butler Final 4 teams of recent years, you would have to say that Kentucky could still make a run.
    It all comes down to team chemistry and how well we match up against our opponent in the tournament.”

One HUGE difference – those teams were a lot older and more experienced in the college game (and they were not without talent)

37. robuk
    10:12 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

RYAN… do you really not know what this team is made of by now???

38. Doug Shows
    10:12 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

I’m going to throw Ryan off the show today…

39. G-Unit
    10:12 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

27 – Im determined to get good at it now… its kind of addicting

40. Travis
    10:13 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

There will be over 50 comments by 10:15. Political anger in the comments section in 3, 2, 1…

41. Paducah Patty
    10:13 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

If we play like Saturday we won’t beat Vandy or Miss. St.

42. Steady
    10:13 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

This team is made of sugar and spice and all things nice.

43. Fancy feast
    10:13 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

This loss to it gave me a tremendous peace of mind. I can finally abandon any lingering illusions of success this season. Lets take a healthy approach to this. Perhaps this miserable season is necessary to retain a couple of these players and make another title run next year. Lets stay behind these guys and prove that we aren’t as delusional as advertised

44. robuk
    10:13 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

William Taft was a big boned man! Reminds me of Chris Christie.

45. Duke Blue Devils
    10:14 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

Don’t compare us to UK. Miami is a little bit better than UT….(said as sarcastically as possible)

46. Bulldawg
    10:15 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

G-Unit, I play zombie mode and it is a lot more fun to me. You don’t have to worry abut snipers in a window, you just got to watch out for the ZOMBIE running right at you!!!! GO CATS!!!! my gamer tag is (WadeBulldawg) if anybody plays zombies on black ops 2, hit me up… GO CATS!!!!!

47. Paducah Patty
    10:15 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

I wish Cal would not back track. Let the “uncoachables” that your serious!

48. Travis
    10:15 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

WCS is by far the most interesting interview on a Post Game Show. And where would we be without Uncle Julius…good gawd I don’t want to entertain that thought right now.

49. Travis ruins KSR everyday
    10:15 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

Hey Travis! 21 already did it! Not original! EVER!

50. James K
    10:16 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

Matt, how much do you think chemistry issues are going on with our guys? I think it’s fairly obvious that there is some basketball depression going on.

51. Cat Man Corrothers
    10:17 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

Julius Mays fights every game because he has been on bad teams his entire college career and knows what it means to be the underdog. No one else knows what to do when they get kicked down.

52. Travis
    10:17 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

Sorry dude…I misssd it. But you may continue to be a f’ ing dick.

53. Anthony
    10:21 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

Is Nerlens on the bench tonight and do you think with him there and visible will maybe put a fire in a few guys belly? Also I am listening while I am working, you make my 10-12 go by with entertainment.

54. jim tom
    10:21 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

favorite president: jeff davis

55. Nick
    10:22 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

On Friday you said that a 30 point or a one point loss weighed the same to the committee chair. You think this will still be true since we lost by 30?

56. Paducah Patty
    10:22 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

If I could get away with it I would stream KSR in my class. Matt, Ryan, Drew, and Shannon much better teachers than I could ever be. 🙂

57. Travis ruins KSR everyday
    10:23 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

Will do Travis, just don’t call in with what has happened so far. At least save that crap for Friday.

58. robuk
    10:23 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

Matt your political savy is just a tad bit below your BB savy.

59. G-Unit
    10:23 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

Anyone Hear Herbstreit on Tom Leach’s show… great interview.

And the best President is Clinton- he really was the FIRST black president, the man had bitches and smoked dope!

60. UK 96
    10:23 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

Clinton

61. Travis
    10:24 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

#49…my previous comment is directed to you. GFY, mr. annonomyous, and if you want to get at me, @trob7_gocats

62. J in Orlando
    10:24 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

I would like to see Mays and Wiltjer combine for 35 3pt attempts every game from here on out…I really dont see a better option right now except in transition

63. Jake
    10:24 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

Did you all see the Football cats with Special Olympics yesterday??? Pretty cool..

64. tay
    10:24 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

bill clinton and his boys were behind a lot of suspicious “suicides” murderer cant be the best president

65. Paducah Patty
    10:24 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

There were highlights on Saturday?

66. Man Hands
    10:24 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

1 thing I hope Poythress, Goodwin & Harrow do?

Just go to class.

At least give BBN, THAT!

67. Rut
    10:24 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

Sorry but at this point we are a team of backup players- not one of these guys can bring 40. Min of d1 skill to the floor

68. Travis
    10:25 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

#57…are we done??? 🙂

69. HugoCabrera
    10:25 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

Did Calipari lack foresight or just get unlucky in constructing a team of players that simply do not complement one another, physically/mentally/emotionally?

70. Brew Crew
    10:26 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

Every president in my lifetime has systematically worked to screw the American public over. Each successive one gets a bit better at it than the last. (I was born in the “Regan” years).

Cal for pres.

71. UK_JB
    10:26 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

I had a really deep man voice at 15 as well and the girls loved it.

72. UKfanFelicia
    10:27 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

My favorite three presidents are all Republicans..1st ever Republican President Lincoln that Teddy Roosevelt and “trickle down economics” Reagan.

73. Rut
    10:27 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

Billy G would have this bunch dressed in pink skirts

74. tay
    10:27 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

matt what about bill clintons boys “suicides” can you explain that

75. CatsFanInKnoxville
    10:27 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

Let’s not talk about John Short’s Big ‘Uns.

76. sammydog
    10:28 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

The only one we should want to retain is WCS and I think we will. AP and AG should go pro if they have the opportunity. Harrow could be advised to transfer. Too much coming in next year. I don’t see how AP or AG will fit in.

77. G-Unit
    10:28 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

The thing is Noel and Cauley do not have a back-to-the-basket game. They dont have a drop step, or an up an under….they have a jump hook but that is it…. They dont understand how to “feel the defender”…. go watch Dakari Johnson play on the post. He uses his body to feel where the defender is and has a plethora of moves he can use…. I love Dakari… very Greg Monroe-esque

78. KCK
    10:28 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

Just once, I’d like to hear John Short sack-up and admit that we’re going to lose by 10 bigguns.

79. Craig
    10:28 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

Matt, I’m generally an eternal optimist. Even a couple of weeks ago I was holding out hope that we could click and make this run. I went into that Florida game expecting it to be close and hoping we could pull it out. But let’s stop even pretending like we’re going to turn this around and make the tournament. This season was over the minute Noel went out. The rest of this team just doesn’t have it – not enough heart, not enough fight. We might win a few more games but we’re NIT bound.

80. James K
    10:28 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

This is sort of a sad situation for our freshmen, in my opinion, because the train that Cal has created is moving so fast that some unexpected delays in development could penalize the guys that need more time. I think Archie is going to be a FANTASTIC college player, with like three years of development, but I honestly don’t think he has the time. If Gordon or Randle come in, I really think they play over Alex. Harrow — same thing. But what do you do? You can’t stop recruiting the best, and you can’t delay the speed of which the program is travelling right now. You may be in the tough situation of forcing some unhappy riders to get off, and I wish it didn’t have to be that way.

81. Bluegrass
    10:29 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

How nice would it be if John Short got a job in Vegas to set the lines?!

82. J in Orlando
    10:29 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

69 I think the master plan for this year included getting Muhammad, if not both he and Oriakhi…had that plan come to fruition this season would have been much, much different

83. Rut
    10:29 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

John Short for pres 2016

84. HugoCabrera
    10:29 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

To be fair, isn’t Willie Cauley Stein exactly what we tabbed him and expected him to be? He is raw. A raw player relies on his training (i.e. “Catch ball, post move #4”).

I think we are guilty of holding this team to a ridiculous standard. Struggling kids rarely need criticism more than they need unconditional support and patience.

85. KCK
    10:30 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

Travis is the best KSR play-by-play guy of all time. And he’s also the king of run-on sentences.

86. Jobu
    10:31 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

Forget you Mark! If you no answer phone when I talk, then, I say forget you Mark!

87. Man Hands
    10:31 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

John Adams simply for this quote, “There is nothing more false than American History”.

88. KCK
    10:32 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

81, it wouldn’t be nice at all. Our nation’s economy would collapse. In other news, this Bob & Tom “Comedy All-Star Tour” commercial couldn’t be any lamer. If these clips are any indication of the “comedians” involved, I almost want to go just to see how unfunny and inept is.

89. Paducah Patty
    10:33 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

I know these days in basketball coaches don’t call up plays but maybe this team needs some plays.

90. Travis
    10:34 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

#83…I am making a ” John Short in 2016 ” sign for College Gameday on Saturday. Yes indeedie!!!

91. G-Unit
    10:34 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

Our Basketball team is the college basketball equivalent of USC’s football team

-Highly rated in pre-season
    -NC/FF expectations
    – Injury to key player
    – Blowouts by lack luster opponents
    – No Fight
    – post season BUST

92. UK_Greg
    10:35 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

i think it was Cal’s tie fault Saturday

93. John From Cincinnati
    10:35 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

90 Why doesn’t that surprise me?

94. Bluegrass
    10:35 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

Robic’s Hair Twitter account also had some funny tweets on Saturday.

95. Bulldawg
    10:35 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

Sounds good to me J in O, Maybe if they aren’t hitting, they could get some 3’s from Polson? The point being, the Cats are going to have to score in the upper 70’s to have a chance to win. Defense is just non-existant with this group. I mean really, how do you expect a diva-type player to buy in on defense, when they can’t even buy in on their favorite part of the game on offense. If Cal gets this turned around and at least makes these guys competitive, it will be his best coaching job thus far, IMO.

96. Ryan
    10:36 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

So, dies this mean we should try to be the 4th best team going into the tourney next year, in order to get seeded as the best team in the west region (and therefore get a less ‘loaded’ region)?

97. robuk
    10:37 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

If this team makes the big dance then Cal gets coach of the year!

98. don juan
    10:38 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

As far as chemistry goes this team is lacking a guy that makes others better. Usually its from the point guard position, but can be from other positions on the court. Archie and Alex need to be spoon fed or set up. We don’t have anyone to set them up ie lobs and easy assist.

99. Go Deep
    10:38 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

Can we please ban fake barney from calling in?

100. Mike
    10:39 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

I have this Pavlovian response every time Fake Barney, or any other “Fake” callers call in. My hand immediately hits the off button.

101. G-Unit
    10:39 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

cut this clown off!

102. WestWorld
    10:39 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

Obama played golf with Tiger Woods down here in FL yesterday. Wonder if Michele was worried about BO hanging out with Tiger.

103. Fake Barney
    10:40 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

I watch a lot of Animaniacs

104. robuk
    10:40 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

I can’t wait for “slap-nuts” to call in today!

105. John From Cincinnati
    10:40 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

Wow! Cable Guy rewiring and heard Fake Barney singing and looked at me like what the hell is this? haha

106. So_true
    10:40 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

No dynamic personality on the team. No one who seems to motivate, inspire, provide leadership. The magic combination of a talented player who has the personality to motivate the team. Intangibles missing

107. Travis ruins KSR everyday
    10:41 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

Sorry, got sidetracked. Travis you are the worst person in the world stop calling and commenting. Day ruiner!

108. robuk
    10:41 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

Pitino is very good at dribble penetration.

109. Winston
    10:41 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

Barney is now scamming off Animainiacs reruns.

110. Bob Loblaw
    10:41 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

Anybody going to talk about how bad the live blog was on Saturday? Hit an all time low. They usually are pretty good.

111. G-Unit
    10:42 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

When you play Zone you have to communicate 2x as much and the main problem is rebounding….which we already struggle with.

I’d like to see a 1-3-1 with traps on the wings…

112. Paducah Patty
    10:43 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

#108 That’s what she said

113. big blue fan
    10:43 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

question whats the deal with harrow??? he isnt good.. why didnt coach cal not go out and get a top PG??? did he see something in him??? he had a whole year to watch him, he had to notice that he isnt in the same league that most of cals PG in the past.. and do you think that harrow will be back next year?? or transfer out.. because with the talent coming in he want play much next year..

114. clint
    10:44 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

110 – that was racist

115. Fake Barney
    10:44 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

100. Every time you comment, I just don’t read it poopy pants

116. John Juan
    10:45 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

Are we over-looking Vandy? We were a blown shot clock violation away from losing to them down there with Nerlens!

117. Travis
    10:45 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

#90…Johnny Short is awesome. Why not?

118. Sir Brandon
    10:45 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

Animaniacs ruleth!

119. Mike Oxwelling
    10:45 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

Matt Jones is a Titty Baby

120. Travis ruins KSR everyday
    10:48 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

Oh God…Now Travis is responding to himself. Looks like he forgot to change his name so he could appear to have a conversation with someone else. Haha! (#90 and #117)

121. HugoCabrera
    10:48 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

For good reason, I’ve seemingly dismissed everything BCG said about life and basketball. However, he was dead-on with his emphasis on mental makeup, mental toughness.

Talent abounds with this team, but they are an emotional whirlwind. Low self-confidence (Harrow), fear of failure (Poythress) and distrust in others (Archie) can keep a team (and individuals) from scratching the surface of their potential.

Remember when Tubby had a top 10 team based on talent, but had to bring in a sports psychologist? SAME SITUATION.

122. Delaney Hanley
    10:49 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

A courier journal ad on ksr are they sucking up to you now matt?

123. Sir Brandon
    10:51 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

Ian Eagle calleth Matt the “average American.”

124. Sir Brandon
    10:53 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

Last post truncateth… Ian Eagle calleth Matt the “average American.” Inserteth nose whistle, Phil Steel, solo eating, argumentative joke here.

125. Laker Cat 18
    10:53 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

Alright I can’t take it anymore. Poythress doesn’t have testicles and I’m pretty sure Harrow hasn’t yet hit puberty.

126. Paducah Patty
    10:53 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

Great observations by Ian. He is spot on!

127. tribialbert
    10:56 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

In today’s game, do you have to think twice about the preparedness of recruits coming from public high schools, and look more at the prep academy team’s “second tier” players ahead of them?

128. Winston
    11:02 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

The 2011 team didn’t really figure it out until 2 or 3 games left in the regular season, but the light ain’t going on with this group. Harrow is a train wreck, Goodwin is determined to do everything wrong, Poythress is the biggest miss since Richard Madison, Wiltjer is a good complimentary player and not built to be the leader and I’m done with WCS after his priority post game Saturday was to whip out his iPhone and check in on twitter. Cal’s snap reaction was right. This bunch is uncoachable and seems to think “Kentucky” on the uniform is their entitlement rather than something they should live up to.

129. Bulldawg
    11:04 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

In defense of Cal, I don’t see any other coach in the country that could get this GROUP to buy in… IF and I mean IF anyone can get these guys to look straight, it is John Calipari. If they fall from grace this year, BBN should show our undying support because next year will be fun again. How about that Stoops guy? Can’t wait for the Spring game. It will be nice to see more fans in the stands this year. However, I prolly won’t be able to sit right up front on the 50 yrd line this year. 🙁

130. Cass
    11:07 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

127. No, this year is the exception, not the rule. guys like Bledsoe and Cuz made the leap no problem

131. Jay in Lyndon
    11:07 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

I forgot to mention, should we just burn those Nike “UK” uniforms we wore to UT?

132. Another Issue
    11:11 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

Goodwin needs a jump shot….no, wait, he needs to take some jump shots so that defenses at least honor him on the perimeter. I realize driving the ball to the rim is what he’s “good” at but he’ll charge 7 out of every 10 drives if he doesn’t shoot from the outside from time to time to open more opportunities at the rim.

133. blueneck
    11:12 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

When criticizing how Cal “constructed the team” remember some common sense:
    Cal doesn’t get every single recruit he wants (Shabazz)
    He gets recruits one at a time, he doesn’t select the group of players at one time that he thinks go together (and sometimes he takes a kid who says yes now over a possible no later)
    He was still trying to add talent later into summer – didn’t happen obviously

134. Travis
    11:12 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

#120…glad I have a president to my fan club. congrats!

135. DrSayre
    11:12 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

Carolina Steve is probably calling in right now

136. RealCatsFan
    11:12 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

Suggested headline for the Daytona 500 qualifying:

“Danica grabs the pole at Daytona”

137. UKJon
    11:13 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

Radio station here in Knoxville said this morning, “The first woman to sit on a pole”

138. Shannon The Douche
    11:13 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

Danica Patrick can win my pole.

139. Travis
    11:13 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

The new SI swimsuit issue with Kate Upton…oh wow. Twins

140. So_true
    11:13 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

#121. Yes, in basketball and life as well

141. robuk
    11:13 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

Yep Danica is on the pole 🙂

142. GrampyBlue
    11:13 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

Doug Shows is still upset with Cal for not investing with his Bank!!!!!

We sucked but come on get the posession arrow right.

143. RealCatsFan
    11:13 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

133, what kind of a difference would Shabazz, and possibly Bennett or Oriachi have made for this team? Missing links for a lost season.

144. Wrassler
    11:14 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

Matt there was that time Chyna was the intercontinental champion, thats an impressive feat.

145. The Bottom Line
    11:14 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

The loss of Noel is obviously big. But you can not be a good team with 3 of your starters being sub-par, Harrow – Poythress – Goodwin. We were a bubble team with Noel. The first year Cali’s had multiple guys overrated. Just one of those things….

146. A D
    11:14 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

In dodgeball, the woman made the finals on Team Cobra

147. Secrerariet
    11:15 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

How about all these fillies winning the Ky Derby?

148. T-Man
    11:15 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

Biggest accomplishment for a woman competing against men has to be Jackie Mitchell (at age 17!) striking out Lou Gehrig and Babe Ruth in an exhibition game in 1931.

149. Delk for 3
    11:15 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

The one thing Goodwin needs is to learn how to use the JUMP STOP more often in his game. If he develops that, his scoring will skyrocket and his turnovers will plummet.

150. GoCats
    11:15 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

Why is driving a car a “man’s” sport?

151. RealCatsFan
    11:15 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

113, I have seen some tape of Ryan where he looked very good, and he reportedly had some practices against Teague last year where he competed. Don’t know what happened to him.

152. KyBlueRay
    11:16 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

Some might say Ryan Harrow getting scholarship to Ky might be biggest achievement for woman in male sport!

153. Wildcat30
    11:17 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

I think harrow is the party, women, drug cancer pulling Alex down the hell hole with him just like Poole was a terrible Influence on jones last year. Cal probably told Poole to leave and he would do the same with harrow if Teague would have stayed

154. The Bottom Line
    11:17 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

Harrow thought if you start at point for Cali, you are automatically good. Last years team made it look easy, these guys thought you just show up with your high ranking and win.

155. btowncatfan
    11:18 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

150. Because we all know that all women are terrbile drivers.

156. HugoCabrera
    11:18 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

133 – No criticism from me. I think it was a bit unlucky to have the combination of personalities and emotional differences that don’t complement one another. Getting talent to mesh is a hard job as is, but add to it very sensitive kids with deferring personalities and insecurities, and you have a bad combination.

However, Cal does construct a group of players to recruit ahead of time (he even says so) and gets 90% of them. Even if he did add a Shabazz, he still has to mesh the personalities and emotions of Harrow, Poythress, Goodwin and Cauley-Stein. It’d still be an issue, in my opinion.

157. Ville Cat
    11:18 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

If this team had been the team who followed the john wall team or Brandon Knight team would we still be so down on them. Or is it worse because they come on the hills of a NC? Just wondering your thoughts.

158. G-Unit
    11:19 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

152 – COMMENT OF THE DAY!

159. Kidnut
    11:19 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

A more interesting topic would be top accomplishments for women according to Shannon.

160. The Bottom Line
    11:19 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

KyBlueRay — Awesome, literly laughing out loud in office

161. Paducah Patty
    11:19 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

Travolta was in the Boy in the Bubble in a movie.

162. Delk for 3
    11:19 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

150 – How is driving a car a sport?

163. Paducah Patty
    11:21 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

The only sound Matt allows is he’s nose whistle

164. Jay in Lyndon
    11:21 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

Ryan’s Laugh > Matt’s nose whistle

165. inlinefor9
    11:22 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

HAHAHA that was 1 minute of classic KSR

166. Niagra Msacot
    11:23 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

Niagra diamond cutters

167. Blue Skies
    11:23 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

Matt has uncoachable associates.

168. Kidnut
    11:23 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

Travolta was awesome in Con Air

169. DantheCat
    11:23 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

Matt the baseball team is playing in the Carolinas…Wake up!!!!…LOL

170. Uk96
    11:23 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

Baseball game was in SC not NY

171. Winston
    11:24 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

152. With the win.

172. DREWBLUE
    11:24 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

Kelly Kulick from Morehead St. won the 2010 PBA tournament of champions against the men.

173. UK2K
    11:24 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

Matt just crushed everything good the baseball team did this weekend. The game was in South Carolina not Niagra. Matt doesnt like baseball but the Braves our his fav team? lol

174. robuk
    11:24 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

Shirley Muldowney 1977, she won the NHRA Winston world points championship, becoming the first woman to claim drag racing’s most prestigious title.

175. Sir Brandon
    11:25 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

Cousins gaveth the SC fan a welcometh to the Cayts forearm shiver.

176. Morehead Calln...
    11:25 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

Lee Majors was also a Pioneer Playhouse regular in the early ’60.

EKU Graduate 1962

wonder how much a six million dollar man would be worth in an OBlama economy?

177. John From Cincinnati
    11:25 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

168 So was Nicolas Cage

178. UK2K
    11:26 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

So if Nerlens had 20 blocks against Niagra it would mean nothing? The kid went 6-6 a modern era record at UK!!!!

179. JBazz
    11:26 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

It’s either a lack of talent, a lack of effort, or selfishness. It could be all 3, but it’s definitely one of those. Which is more damning for our players?

180. ukgradscott
    11:27 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

kentucky looked so unorganized and scared on saturday it makes it hard to think we are going to “turn it around” like we have been hoping for the last couple of weeks

181. Clyde
    11:27 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

Travis is the absolute worst! Please don’t ever call in or comment again.

182. John From Cincinnati
    11:28 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

RIP Jerry Buss

183. JBazz
    11:29 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

Right for the fight.

184. ukgradscott
    11:30 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

I cant believe I would ever say this but how long till football season starts

185. Right for the fight
    11:30 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

“We are right for the fight today”

186. G-Unit
    11:30 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

On On U of K, we are Right for the Fight Today! you saying it backwards

187. wagon will
    11:31 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

WE ARE RIGHT FOR THE FIGHT

188. RealCatsFan
    11:31 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

162, sport or not, it takes some brass ones to get behind the wheel of a top fuel car that has 8000+ HP and goes from zero to 330 MPH in about 3.5 seconds. If satan were to come to earth, that is the car he would pick to drive.

189. Dr. Eli Capilouto
    11:32 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

On, on, U of K, we are right for the fight today,
    Hold that ball and hit that line;
    Ev’ry Wildcat star will shine;
    We’ll fight, fight, fight, for the blue and white
    As we roll to that goal, Varsity,
    And we’ll kick, pass and run, ’till the battle is won,
    And we’ll bring home the victory.

190. cats1068
    11:32 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

We are right for the fight today. And you put Ryan in timeout? Karma

191. Bluegrass
    11:32 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

While I am completely frustrated with this team, and have had hardily any joy in watching them all year, what really upsets me is when our players who aren’t showing up for games go on Twitter and start getting upset at fans. GET UPSET AT YOURSELF! Or at least show some humility and say something like “we will try harder”.

I’m also tired of hearing “there’s plenty of time…” NO! TIME HAS RUN OUT, TIME TO PLAY!!!

I hate to say this, but besides Noel, Wiltjer and Polson – I really don’t want ANY of the other players to come back next year. I’m over it. Im sorry!

192. NYCWildcat
    11:32 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

I know that the seeding isn’t based on an S curve, but it certainly should be. The system as it is now is utterly unfair. It completely punishes the best teams each year and rewards the western schools because, geographically speaking, this region is the weakest. As the system is now, it’s better to be the worst 1 seed and get shipped out West because the competition there is inferior. Case in point, a very average UCLA team made the Final Four 3 straight years in the 2000’s =by coming from the West region.

193. Dr. Eli Capilouto
    11:33 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

Basketball Verse
    Kentucky! Dribble down the floor
    Kentucky! Fight for ev’ry score!
    And you’ll win for the Blue and White!
    So yea! you Wildcats
    fight! fight! fight!

194. Blue Skies
    11:33 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

@176. About 3 million. He would be solar powered and couldn’t work at night.

195. DrSayre
    11:33 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

When is Matt going to give away tickets to the Bob and Tom Comedy All-Stars for Saturday?

196. CATSBY90
    11:34 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

The Bob & Tom commercials literally make me not want to listen to the show sometimes.

197. cats1068
    11:34 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

Ryan, have Shannon put Matt in timeout for not knowing the words. lol

198. cofused
    11:35 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

is the live blog just for tt kristen and drew hell could not get any comments up

199. Stitch Jones
    11:35 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

Rennie Stennet went 7 for 7 for the Pirates in 1975 in a Major League game. That is the record for Major League baseball.

200. Paducah Patty
    11:35 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

Good for you Matt. The guy needed a slap down!!1

201. Jason
    11:37 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

This season could have been a whole lot better if Cal would have told Lamb and Teague to stay. Would have been better for them because they would be lottery picks and we would be a top 10 team right now. Would have changed the whole team

202. G-Unit
    11:38 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

Tevin Lawson should be announcing this week sometime. Between TCU and UK

203. Paducah Patty
    11:38 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

Show just went off on WLAP iHeart

204. Winston
    11:39 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

Is a monkey running the Iheart feed? Why are we getting news updates in the middle of the show?

205. WestWorld
    11:41 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

206. Karen
    11:41 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

Show still on WKJK iheart

207. Paducah Patty
    11:41 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

I switched to WKJK and the show’s on

208. DT
    11:43 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

Women really excel at ultra long distance events. A woman almost won The World’s Toughest Mudder this year. 9 minutes behind the leader and finished 2nd http://toughmudder.com/worlds-toughest-mudder-series-finals/worlds-toughest-mudder-2012-recap/

209. Bob Loblaw
    11:43 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

No, I don’t know!

210. WestWorld
    11:44 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

The players who have not listened to Cal so far will not listen to his advice at the end of the season either.

211. This Just In
    11:44 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

Danica loses the poll and bumped to the second row. Turns out she drove all of her qualifying laps with her bright lights and right turn signal on.

212. Clint
    11:44 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

209 – wow, im amazed at the racial undertones of all your comments.

213. Winston
    11:45 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

That was Kevin’s best call ever.

214. jason
    11:45 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

Matt, If no players enter the draft, will KY have enough scholarships for everyone?

215. Jhubb
    11:46 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

Say UK goes to the NIT, who gets drafted? has there ever been top draft pics from a non NCAA tournament team?

216. Laker Cat 18
    11:47 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

Need to be evaluating Poythress as well. He’s ten times the bigger disappointment than Harrow. It’s sad to have the body and physical ability as this kid and not use it.

217. Bob Loblaw
    11:48 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

212 Even though you are spewing hate at me, I’ve at least made my point across well enough that you remember it.

218. Pkreisle
    11:49 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

So pumped you guys gave up the tickets to that soon to be basic training soldier. I’ve been there, and you’re right when you are away from home, especially in basic training where life really just sucks. This experience for this kid will 100% help him get through the crappier times. I’ve been a huge fan of the show for the last year and a half. And giving those tickets to him really impresses me. More proud to say I’m a KSR fan now. Keep up the great work guys.

219. Sir Brandon
    11:50 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

Ryan hath superfluous knowledge of trivia while he lacketh common sense.

220. clint
    11:50 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

217 – i refuse to take your racially-fueled bait.

221. Paducah Patty
    11:51 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

Lighten up WHAS nothing wrong with pointing out little wee wees.

222. ryan
    11:52 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

Laker Cat 18 – can hunter cromer play point for uk wednesday night?

223. Laker Cat 18
    11:52 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

202. G-Unit, any hard evidence for UK or is it 50-50 you think? I really want Lawson.

224. Delk for 3
    11:52 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

Best opening district game in the state is tomorrow night with Bryan Station vs. Scott Co. Two very quality teams. Sucks for them that one of the teams will be done with their season tomorrow.

225. RealCatsFan
    11:52 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

211, I heard she was on her phone most of the time as well…

226. Paducah Patty
    11:53 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

It’s just haters be hating!! Any school would love to have Cal!!

227. Laker Cat 18
    11:54 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

Ryan – Would I take him over Harrow? Yes I would. (No sarcasm). #1 for Lincoln County should be there too. Didn’t fit the profile for a good basketball player, but he dropped 34 on us and single handily put us out. Heard he put on a good showing on Sunday as well.

228. Paducah Patty
    11:55 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

All I pray for is that if UK is not in tourney that Louisville does not make it to final 4. I will be in Florida with three Louisville fans during the final four.

229. Rural Juror
    11:55 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

Alvin’s wrong – UK will get in or not based on their resume…the name won’t matter. They must beat Missouri and/or Florida to make it happen (or win the SEC Tourney).

230. Paducah Patty
    11:56 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

I hate I’m going to miss Doug Show smack down. Back to school tomorrow. ;(

231. cats1068
    11:56 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

Matt, was this mock selection of real committee members or media members? Just wondering…..

232. Nerlens possibly coming back??? The fan part of me is saying “Yes!”, but the logical part of me is saying “Impossible!”.

233. Winston
    12:02 pm February 18, 2013 Permalink

UK might get in for one reason. The NCAA would love to embarrass us by sticking us in the Dayton play in game.

234. Bob Loblaw
    12:03 pm February 18, 2013 Permalink

220 Clint- you’re a better person for it.

235. Tennessee Wildcat
    12:03 pm February 18, 2013 Permalink

All we have to do is win at least four out of the next six games and make it to the SEC tourney championship game and we should be in the NCAA.

236. kingrex
    12:29 pm February 18, 2013 Permalink

I honestly am not sure how good we should have been. I think Poythress was incredibly overrated. Epically overrated. He cannot dribble the basketball and only seems to have a three point shot. There was all this talk about his physical attributes, but honestly when I look at him I do not even see that. He looks like a two guard who literally cannot handle the basketball. It looks as though the Duke game was the exception. This team felt off from the beginning even with Noel. I am thinking there is a cancer on this team and possibly 2 or 3.

237. Jay in bama
    2:41 pm February 18, 2013 Permalink

Always enjoy Ian Eagle as a guest! Go Cats!