I miss the old Mondays

DA60079

Remember when Mondays were full of good news for Kentucky basketball?  Man, those days were so pleasant, and a lot easier on those of us running UK sports websites.

It used to be the case we’d find out which Wildcat won SEC Player of the Week and Freshman of the Week honors at noon, followed by where Kentucky ranked in the AP top 10.  There was no talk of bubbles, unless we were debating which champagne we were going to crack open at the SEC and NCAA tournaments.

But Mondays are different this year.

On this Monday, I sadly report that Kentucky is unranked, yet again, in the AP and USA Today Coaches college basketball polls.  It’s the third consecutive week Kentucky failed to reach the top 25 after sneaking in for a brief appearance at No. 25 in week 15.

The Wildcats were also snubbed from the SEC Freshman of the Week honors for only the second time in seven weeks.

But there is good news on the horizon: Kentucky will beat Georgia!  Right?

Article written by Drew Franklin

13 Comments for I miss the old Mondays

1. UK Fan
    1:17 pm March 4, 2013 Permalink

Get use to UK being out-of-sight/out-of-mind ….at least until next year.

2. tom
    1:17 pm March 4, 2013 Permalink

Tt loks like a junior high picture of Jared Polsen

3. ThatsAShame
    1:23 pm March 4, 2013 Permalink

I remember last year Mondays differently that you Drew. I remember last year Mondays with the complainers complaining about TJ’s heart (or pinkie) or Teague’s attitude, Cal not playing the bench enough, the complainers complaining about MGK’s jumper in clutch time, or Lamh not getting back on D fast enough.

My point – complainers will complain. At least this year they have a legitimate concern.

4. Cleatonite
    1:24 pm March 4, 2013 Permalink

5. MemphisCat
    1:24 pm March 4, 2013 Permalink

UK better beat Georgia if they have any plans of playing in the NCAA, if not they can do something else on selection Sunday vice watching tv at Cal’s.

6. kes
    1:34 pm March 4, 2013 Permalink

FALSE! we wont win another game this year. a team full of vagina’s

7. DrSayre
    1:36 pm March 4, 2013 Permalink

I hope those kinds of Mondays comeback for next year!

8. ShepKAT
    1:41 pm March 4, 2013 Permalink

With the turnover of star players every year – a year like this is certain to happen occasionally. Maybe Shabazz is the missing piece – maybe not, but I think it’s safe to say that thesse players (with the exception of Noel) have not performed like Cal and staff thought they would.

9. morehead calln'
    1:56 pm March 4, 2013 Permalink

Ill take these days over those dark Billy daze anyday!
    Its like a roller coaster, up and down, and eventually you end the ride….
    season is almost over so will be this ride, April 29th, we will know better what next year will look like, but ’til then go CATS! it aint over yet!

This too shall pass

10. just saying
    2:12 pm March 4, 2013 Permalink

Very few people are predicting us to get any of the top recruits left

11. kes
    2:40 pm March 4, 2013 Permalink

12, wrong! most people hate an idiot that makes idiotic post that have nothing to do with the subject matter

12. Cats
    3:20 pm March 4, 2013 Permalink

If we don’t make the tourney I would hate for us to play in the NIT. I would much rather us turn down the invite.

13. Roland
    3:42 pm March 4, 2013 Permalink

#4, it has been talked here before, but NO Clear answer I can find.

“Cleatonite Says:
    March 4th, 2013 at 1:24 pm

What’s up with the USA Today digital properties line at the bottom of the page? You guys sell out?”

Strange that this site has the swag not to identify with USAtoday openly? (like ONLY down at the end of page)